Wargame General /wgg/

Stop playing Steel Division edition

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical wargames that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals.

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Call of Duty
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam Tactics Downloads:
pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS
Ignore the keylogger user who keeps trying to force his keylogger to replace this

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Teamspeak server
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Discord
discord.gg/watM75d

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=59920&p=1034088#p1034088
pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1731460&start=1890
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=59920&p=1034088#p1034088

NEW PATCH

ALLIES SMALL NERFS
AXIS BIGGER BUFFS

Pretty substantial buff to Luft there

These nerfs are on the right track, though why are they smacking Scots down again?

ok wow I feel bad for keylogger user all he wants to do is help

ACE COMBAT 7 HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED

WOW ACES!!!
LITERALLY NOTHING

>Befehl Pz.III H are available in phase A
>StuH 42 are available in phase A
Should I just replace all late phase stugs with pz3 and stuhs?
because stuh is really good

>All this massive nerfs to allies
eugene showing its true face of a stinky naziboo cocksucker confirmed

Stop nerfing the 15th

amerilards BTFO once again

recovery impossible

How is Command: Modern Air Naval Operations? is it fun and how difficult is it to get into

>pastebin.com/cgWbuPSS
>WARNING: Overwriting Graviteam Tactics Mius Front\root\programs.flatdata will switch the language to Russian

Remember that to change the language back to English, you need to use either Notepad++ or Hex editor, as using normal Notepad will not work.

>Ignore the keylogger user who keeps trying to force his keylogger to replace this

OP is an autistic faggot since he doesn't want to wither make a new pastebin explaining the above himself, or use my edited pastebin that his the SAME DOWNLOAD LINKS with the addition of explained above.

can't wait to btfo wittmannboos

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1731460&start=1890
You forgot the link to this huge stash of pirated wargames, fag.

that feel when will never make it back to Germany

I always used to think the 50mm mortars were garbage tier shit - they're actually really useful. Extremely quick to move and set up, and if they're being spotted well, force the enemy to keep their head completely down without too much risk of absolutely wiping a friendly squad moving assaulting the trenches. They're actually really nice for bullying static guns too, even if they won't necessarily kill the things. I don't have to feel bad about having them on the front-line either, because they've only got a ~550m range

>Default conquest points to reach in multiplayer lobbies increased from 2000 to 2500
German indirect buff

>Infantry protection when taking cover takes less time to be effective, resulting in a global decrease of lethality.
I like it, helping out the infantry divisions

internet told me avre mortar had to be loaded from the outside
How could the game simulate this?

Recently understood how to use indirect fire guns too. They're quite efficient, though the ammo can be an issue.
Now I just gotta understand how to use the MGs effectively because attack orders just make them walk without deploying the MG most of the time.

>The Petard was reloaded by traversing the turret to point front, slightly to the left, with the barrel directly over the co-driver's sliding hatch. The regular two piece co-driver's hatch was plated over, and a small sliding hatch was installed to allow access to the Petard. The Petard barrel would then be' broken' vertically, and the co-driver would slide open his hatch. The co-driver would then push the nom into the barrel. The barrel would then be closed, the Petard traversed back down, and the turret rotated back to its original position. The co-driver's hands were briefly exposed during the process.

You could just keep the original file instead of replacing it and nothing bad would happen.

Fuck off Eugen
There was nothing fucking wrong with the Churchill MkVII

churchills are too slow

By nothing wrong I meant nothing that warrants further nerfs

It's British and that's all the reason they need

really fires up the ol' neurons

I wonder how old he is

I wonder how tight he is.

>tfw noone noticed your ebin trolling in the OP of the last thread

>French nerfs
>Luft buffs
Good day for me.
>Stuart buffs
Have you accepted the stuart (the best light tank in the game) into your heart?
>Aim time fixed on allied AAA and vehicle-mounted Cal.50 as it was shorter than the other weapons.
Haha, yes.

French may need more nerfs in the future, but not having unkillable recon cars that can bully: Phase A tanks, AT guns, infantry, halftracks, and other armored cars is a good start.

KYS NAZIBOO

How do you get aces?

They'll simply be the first unit you call in of the respective type.

I'm a luftboo
*penetrates you with HS-129*
Sorry lad, nothing person

Pre-order or buy deluxe version.

We taking bets on what gets nerfed on allies side next when jubilent wehraboos log on after the patch and still continue to get their asses handed to them?

My money is on 76mm's and another round of ranger nerfs. The fact that the ranger mortar has survived untouched so far is amazing.

But the twelvth SS don't get a tiger call-in. How am I supposed to get Wittmann?

Play 21st

But it says right here he's a part of the SS

He's part of an SS division that isn't even in the game (yet)

what will be the main focus for balance?
1v1?
2v2?
10v10?
the phase system will make it impossible to balance

also wurframen 40 is the best artillery in game

BUT ALL OF THE SS DIVISIONS ARE IN THE GAME ALREADY

I'm talking about the full roster, Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler will not be in the game on release and Wittman according to that very bio blurb was in that division.

SO HOW CAN I GET MY TIGER AAAAACEEEEEEE??????

Wittman was not part of any division, he was in s.SS-Pz.Abt. 101, a battalion attached to various units.

In game probably he will end up in Lehr as it's the only one we know will have Tigers.

So what will be the german strategy in full release? Pegasus or another infantry division to hold the line and prevent teammates from rage quitting in phase A and B then Panzer Lehr to tiger spam in phase C?

Leave all those over-priced meme tanks behind and play Luft, Infanteri, and Fallschirmjager

>junglers and carries

we definitely not MOBA now, no way

playing axis, never again

pic related, starting force of my dear teammate

Well then why not include that suggestion as well in the paste bin?

Point is, it is effortless to just add these to the pastebin, and it would save anons some trouble.

>Be Axis
>Play like shit
>Cry UP on the forum
>Receive buff and repeat

Really Grease up the Brain wave

but cant you see
they just nerfed our firefly again

>Literally every WW2 RTS ever
M-Muh magical undefeatable ubermensch.

>obviously unbalanced shit in game
>anybody that wants to fix it is a nazi wehraboo
>when it gets fixed you're furious
>call the devs nazi wehraboo
Keep it up

I've had plenty of success playing as Axis (Mainly 17th Panzergrens). Are people really that upset about the current state of them? I mean, once phase B hits and I can begin the Nebelwerfer, Stug, and Pionier party it's pretty much over unless I got shit on super hard in phase A.

I play mostly 3v3 and 4v4, so maybe 1v1 balance is in the shitter, but while I tend to win quicker with Allies I win about as much with Axis, it just takes a bit longer.

No older than 15

I am actually genuinely curious which mode they balance around.

Anyone got any info on this?

There'll be another nerf to the 15th no doubt. Seems that's a requirement for every patch now

I don't even get it. 15th was never even that fucking great to begin with. Why were wehraboos having such a hard time against a deck with almost zero veterancy, and a bunch of shit, over-priced, slow as fuck tanks with no AP? They even have the worst infantry in the game that can only function in spam doctrines that are easily countered by the presence of any suppression weapon.

Judging by all these patches, the game is almost entirely balanced around phase-fucking-A.

Anyone want to play WitE? I would be fine with a medium-sized scenario.

I am still dabbling on it, but I did a decent job on keeping the AI from taking Minsk on the Road to Minsk scenario as the USSR.

Maddie baddies are already here.

You can always refund, you know :)

>It's another 'we are pandering to retards too lazy/stupid to use suppression and smoke' patch
I swear by the time this game is released Allies just wont have anything nice and it'll be the generic WW2 RTS meme of having to zerg rush and have way higher APM than the opponent to win.

>I swear by the time this game is released Allies just wont have anything nice

>In a games where like half of matches are ending in the first 2-3 minutes of C phase with allied total victory

>tfw keep forgetting about smoke

That Panther that kept fucking me up last match would've been fucked if i remembered

>Axis players never use smoke
>Axis never use artillery unless it's some 360 noscope high damage meme like nebelwerfers that's more likely to get multiple kills in a single barrage
>Axis never buy AA until phase C
>Axis only buy infantry and recon that cost 55 points and come in ebin halftracks or armored cars with only 4 availability
>Axis players never have map control because they bank all their economy for 5 minutes for 'le ebin super heavy tank xDDDD'
>Axis players proceed to plow the tank into an enemy line with little to no support and get it killed
>HUH WTF EUGEN WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT NERF ALLIES 300% WIN RATE

Was smoke really used that often in WWII? Is tube launched smoke still part of military doctrine?

If so, why didn't the allies carpet the beaches with smoke on D-day?

Idk about the prevalence of smoke (it was used during landings in the pacific) but at Normandy it'd just blind your men and not help the landings if you smoked it the beaches because the Germans had them all pre-sited with kill zones setup way before the landings.

Hand me all the divisions now and nobody gets hurt.

Smoke was used plenty by all sides, the Nebelwerfer was officially designed to fire smoke shells (hence the name)

so the next two divisions are the ones that were in the fucking closed beta?

ffs, Eugen

The 6th Airborne and pegasus were both really fun divisions to play though.

nice meme opinions.

basicly whole your post is:
> AIS PLAYERS UR SHIET GIT GUD

t. old scott or french retard.

6th Airborne being in will probably make my father play the game, he's been playing CoH as US Airborne for years now

he's not wrong though. axis players fucking suck.

For Dutch-German should I take the Leopard 1-V or the Leopard 1A5? I have the Leopard 1-V right now because they're cheaper and I take 4 more, but they're sorta trash, so I'm debating switching them out. Here's the entire deck in case anyone can give me any other advice.

Recon Leopard 1-V and vanilla Leopard 2.

>vanilla Leopard 2
In place of the 2A1?

In place of the second 1-V tank card. Drop one of the 2A1 cards for another 2A5, since getting those cards in one deck is half the reason to play Dutch-German.

>Play Axis and Allies, mostly Axis because it's harder to get a game as Allies
>Don't use smoke, use the fuck out of Nebelwerfers because they're fantastic, rarely invest in more than a pair of flakverlings before phase C
>Shit all over Allied players

I think you guys need to spend less time on the forums listening to the loud minority and just play the game. The only player I ever had complain to me (in separate games on different days no less) was some guy playing 2nd infantry who first got upset (with my team, for whatever reason) that his teammates left despite the fact they were winning. Then he got pussy cause a 12 SS player dropped Arty on him all game. Fuck you Calba, you suck, get over it.

>there are people ITT who play Axis, the HATO equivalent to Wargame--the reddit side of Wargame.
Allies will forever remain /ourguy/.

SD is updating - where are the notes?

>anime in the op
this is our time

pak 43 is pretty huge
must be fun pushing it through the potato fields

6th Airborne is British though, you're thinking of the 101st

Not as fun as pushing the Flak 88, a gun so heavy that it requires a combat tractor to tow it as trucks can't handle it

>More nerfs to my beloved scotsmen
Why?

6th Airborne are Brits and shit all over the 101st :)

nazis will get airborne stugs

Would tactical shooters fit in here? SWAT 4, Ghost Recon, early Rainbow Six, etc.

They're gonna need a Maus and V-2s to counter the FCM-1s and tactical nuke howitzers that are gonna be in the REAL French deck.

The only tactical small scale first person wargame we allow here is Call of Duty.

Why Call of Duty?

It's the closest to the spirit of a true wargame.

>it's this episode again
No. Fuck off. We don't need another week of this bullshit.

>new patch

I don't want paratroopers

there wont be any

I don't want 6th airborne, give me fireflies