Does Veeky Forums approve of the new Civic Si?

Does Veeky Forums approve of the new Civic Si?

I like it :3 And it's not another fucking crossover either.
Honda needs to tone down all the useless black expanses of plastic on the front though.

I love it because of the tuning potential behind the engine! You can get a lot of power out of it.

I considered buying one as my first new car, but it became obvious Honda didn't want the Si stepping on the Type R's toes. If I'm paying Golf GTI prices, I want GTI power.

I'm now working out the financing of a Type R, but the dealerships are being cunts at the moment (5-10k markup) so I have to wait until Q1 next year to get MSRP.

>turbo
No. I'm sure everyone will love to tell me about how much more efficient and torquey the new engine is, but you sold it's personality. Revving to 8 gorillion RPM is what made Hondas special, now it's just another econobox that revs to 6 grand and change. If you want that experience, get a Fiesta ST.

does it have vtak?

This.

Fucking this.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

Not a fan of the looks. Civics went downhill lookswise after 8th gen

Youre lucky if you get that kind of markup. I just saw one sell on an auto trading site for 51k.

Can't you just set up an appointment to order one? I can't imagine them being able to mark-up orders.

Fun fact: you are not going to buy one for MSRP.

Actually, I'm going to call bullshit on your entire post. Fuck off.

absolute retard tier. and i am a former civic owner (ek hatch with a b16 swap, essentially a civic si hatch). offering the same hp as the previous model (which was already long in the tooth) is pretty weak, especially for this price point.

$25k gets you into 86 territory if you want a 2 door, or WRX land if you want a 4 door. 86 has RWD and a better driving experience, with comparable space for daily duties. WRX has AWD and more power.

i literally can't see a reason to buy this car unless you are just a mindless civic zombie. It makes sense as a $20k car (just above the civic sport), but there is too much good at $25k. i bet even the 2018 elantra GT shits all over this for less money.

You mad?

2017 is limited production (6000 units in USA)

2018 will be made to order, Honda has stated multiple times now that they are pleased with 2017 sales and reviews, and will build more 2018 cars than originally planned.

Also, insiders state that dealerships selling cars for MSRP get priority for more cars to sell.

Trolling the CivicX forums you can find several Type R buyers managed MSRP through reputable dealers.

March 2018, Honda beings shipping as many Type R's as the dealers can sell.

6/10 for making me reply.

Not sure how accurate this is, but apparently if you modify the tune on the non-Si, turbo Civic models, you can get nearly identical performance to the Si.
On one hand voids your warranty, but on the other hand saves you around 5000 dollars buying a turbo Civic instead of a turbo Si Civic

No, it's 2big

you could say this about pretty much any turbo car. but you are giving up a lot of reliability and potentially opening yourself up to tons of headaches. if you're gonna do that you might as well start with something like a fiesta ST, which will at least have a suspension that is somewhat set up for the power

Doesn't the turbo efficiently limit how much tuning you can do to the engine? Didn't the older Si model just use Vtech and you could add in your own turbo and other options?

I agree, the new Hondas have way too much fake plastic venting on the front and rear, absolutely fucking retarded.

It's not faster than the old civic which is a shame because the old civic is GOAT

Even the regular 1.5T Civic with a CVT is faster than the old Civic Si

I hate all the fucking plastic everywhere.

It's a fuckin 1.5 liter...
Even as a Honda shill you know you can't get THAT much power out of a 1.5 even pushing high ass boost

Inb4 its faster than last years

Well it is. and People have gotten up to 300hp out of it

Welcome to the world of like every fucking car, they all have plastic around it.

No, although its basically a d series engine, adding a turbo technically adds tuning ability

You scrub, I KNOW its faster, I'm just saying 1.5L is a step back you can easily get 400 out of a k20 idk how much out of a k24, but 300 is going to be the absolute limit without aftermarket

Also please link a 300hp stock everything save for tune 2017 civic

This honestly.

You can literally buy an older Si with a 2.0, slap a bigass turbo on there because they're NA like they should be, and suddenly have a car that can put down similar numbers as the Type R also running a damn 2 liter.

>this very small subset of people are going to turbo their cars and make over 400hp, we should cater to them!
Why would Honda do this?

if you put a 'bigass turbo' on an older Si you'll be making a lot more power than a type r

im not saying honda cant do what it wants to make money im just saying this feels like a souped up D series being put in 2017 """sport""" models

I don't think you understand how shit the D series were

>Honda offers an economy turbo engine that can be tuned easily
>REEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S SHIT AND CAN'T MAKE 400HP

turbos add more tuning ability

makes it easy to drop in another turbo

so what people added turbos to traditional honda motors no problem honda couldve made a s2k successor instead of turbo memes

no ones reeing
im just not going to get an Si, i was thinking about it but nah

>you know that BRZ that never sold all that well?
>Yeah let's make a car just like it!

this is true.

the brz cant rev to 8000rpm

I only like the tech and coupe design.

Everything else fails like FWD, no VTEC, and no leather.

Last gen Civic couldn't either

>but muh torqueless rattle can from 15 years ago!

What is the redline on the new Si, anyways? It seems like they're never going to surpass the 8th gen Si at this rate.

The car makes torque now, it doesn't need to rev to the moon

>need

There's that word again...

yes it does because thats what hondas do the turbos shouldve been for the crossovers

So you just want a torqueless shitbox that drives like ass on public roads

Not in the last decade and a half. Keep reminiscing about a time before you were born though

As long as it revs high.

remiscing? i was born in the 80s, special snowflake

So your tin can can feel faster than it really is? Just buy a 250cc bike

>That grammar
Go back to grade school, kid.

keep the autism at bay however hard that may be for you being that its Veeky Forums

>ricer calling others autistic
Keep at it, kiddo.

whos whining about muh turbos again?

I love my D16 ;__;

hilarious and also true

wtf is a civic si? is this some sort of amerifat civic

D series arent shit,
putting them in new civics and calling it progress is shit

You are.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE TURBOS ARE RUINING CARS
Go ahead and ignore the fact that they're more powerful, fuel efficient, and have a broader power band than lawn mower engines of yesteryear

Sport Injected

No really

what? si is street inspired

we dont need turbo civics to get our tendies quicker

omg nvr mind just looked it up

People have gotten 300 out a K-series *naturally aspirated*

exactly..

3k civic

I have an 8th gen Si Coupe and I would not take the front license plate off. The car looks too much like a dad without a mustache

Yeah but those are borderline race engines and not streetable in the slightest

its fucking awesome i love it turbo and all

but since its di its i wouldnt want it i dont care what honda says if toyota has to resort to both port and di then id rather have a port injected motor

It already runs 16.5psi on that 1.5L, I doubt there's much more potential. Literally any other sport compact would be a better choice.

the Honda Hatchback Sport with a hondata flashpro tune is way better.