I want to buy an RX8 and rice the absolute fuck out of it. Talk me out of it

I want to buy an RX8 and rice the absolute fuck out of it. Talk me out of it.

I just feel this overwhelming desire to get one and make it fucking ridiculously loud, give it an obnoxious paint job, enormous spoiler, and other """performance""" mods.

It just gives off this aura to me like a girl who's begging you to slap the shit out of her and shove your cock H A R D into her ass while you choke her until she turns purple. It's begging me to be ruined.

Help. I might actually do it.

Do it with literally any other car, rotary engines are garbage.

Go for it. And race anyone you see.

Can you at least do it with a shinka model so everyone on Veeky Forums will lose their shit

are you going to drive it every day? the rx8 was quite possibly one of the least reliable cars built in the last 20 years and the aftermarket is not all that robust.

IMO the car to rice nowadays is the 350z. huge aftermarket and a relatively robust platform. also lots of power to start with. the interior is already factory riced.

Nah, this would be something to sling down the rural mountain roads around where I live on the weekends. It's in part because of the rotary engine that I feel the desire for this, to me that's just the "attitude" that rotary sports cars give off. I dunno. I'm fuckin' stupid.

I would buy an FC RX7 or even a first gen before and rx8 desu m8

but once you get in that territory there are a tone of other cool rwd 80s cars to play with (z31, starion, celica supra, etc)

so, much like the afore mentioned rural mountain roads, this is a slippery slope.

Yay rotaries. DO IT
You just haven't discovered the joy of annual rebuilds.
You will never enjoy an engine bay so clean you could eat off anything in it, and a fresh engine that makes all the silky smooth power it's supposed to make.
You will never drive your car like you hate it, slam the rev limiter, race everything, and shift like the box owes you money... With a big fucking smile on your face and not a care in the world because you've been through every fitting and fastener in the car and you know exactly what that shit can handle.

That sounds fun OP.
I hope nobody talks you out of .
Post pics when you're "done"

I'd buy a first gen before an fc. They look sick as rally builds.

I'm in the same boat op
Gonna get one, paint it with the old lemans livery and hoon it 'till it blows, then i'll pop a 13/20/26b in it

you've been watching too much RCR, bud

The backdoors alone should make this a no go.

>You just haven't discovered the joy of annual rebuilds.

so this is what rotary owners spend their tax refunds on

>2 hours of your time and a couple bucks in apex seals and o-rings

Do it.
350z and 3k civic are better platforms though, but molesting a car is always fun.

>not buying VAZ-2101 with wankel for ultimate unreliability
Get a load of this pleb

>sub 1k salvage rx8 cuz blown renesis
>13b or LSx swap for 6kish

I know what you mean OP. A few months ago there was a police auction that had one of them listed a $500 stating it would refuse to drive past 40 miles an hour. My old rx8 had the same issue which was just the catalytic converter being melted.

Took a lot out of me to say no and not spend the money.

OR you could just do an engine swap once and spend all that saved time driving it.

>swapping out a rotary for anything but a better rotary
it's like you just have no concern for the spirit of the car.

>swapping a rotary

>let's take this lightweight sportscar with perfect weight distribution and add a boat anchor in the front
Nothx

13b rew swap. Its what the rx8 should've had.

You don't know shit, do you?
13b rew wishes it was as reliable as the renesis
If anything a 20b is in order for the extra torque
Even cheaper to swap

Autism explosion, look at it.
Fucking mint.

T. Dogfucker with a slowvo

You mean like the explosion that almost happened to you that time you almost went off the side of a mountain?