Veeky Forums today I took the plunge and traded in the old shitbox on an actual nice car...

Veeky Forums today I took the plunge and traded in the old shitbox on an actual nice car. It's a small step but I traded in my 94 Integra that was a literal shitbox that I wrenched on at least once a month to keep running and keeping the ever growing list of shit that was fucking up with it from growing too fast. I picked a 2015 Chrysler 200. My first 'grown up' car. Not to mention it's actually surprisingly fun to drive. How many of you have risen above your $3k Civics? What did you get?

Why would you EVER buy a Chrysler?

Because I was able to talk them down dirt cheap. My dad buys a new car at that dealership every other year. The last one he bought was a lifted raptor edition f150 as an offroad fun extra car. I'm a little fish to them. He's a whale. They basically have it away to keep his business.

*gave it away

Are Chryslers really that bad?
The v6 Chrysler 200 seems decent enough on paper, especially for the price. The only bad thing I've heard about it other than >Chrysler is that the transmission isn't so good.

Those things are HUGE pieces of shit OP. You really fucked up here. The only people I know stupid enough to buy them are rental fleets and that's because they're cheap. Out of any newer car these things end up on my tow truck the most. Constant issues with the computer, transmission, engine and charging system. Durability of the cars is poor as well. They do not hold up well and fall apart.

>mfw when these were brand new the first one I towed has complete charging system failure at 59 miles

Get your money back.

I had my dad's mechanic give it a look and he said it looked clean as shit and was perfect mechanically. For the crazy low price I paid for it, even if I have it 2 years I'd call it a serious win.

Also no one can see past the Chrysler logo to see the point of the thread. Lets see those first steps past your shitbox stage!

It's the Chrysler/FCA meme. Veeky Forums seems to think every single car they make is garbage and if you disagree with them they will go and find a handful of images that prove you wrong. The Chrysler 200 is fine.

>The guy that literally makes a living repairing pieces of shit that break down said I should totes buy it

Use your brain for 2 seconds. If you want to inspect a car to buy you get someone you trust that knows his way around a wrench, not a professional mechanic that knows you'll get to him when it shits the bed

That's just it though we do trust the guy. As a younger man my dad was a diesel mechanic. He went back to school and makes tons of money now. The mechanic was his best friend then and has been for years. I trust him completely.

Interior looks comfy if you ask me, exterior looks really nice despite 2017's horrible safety standards. V6 loses out on MPG (I live in California so it's a bigger issue) but makes a good amount of power right? Overall seems pretty cool to me.

I'm currently driving around in my Mom's 2000 Breeze. Yea it's got problems and some things don't work but the big ticket items that keep the car running haven't had major issues other than the radiator being replaced last month.

You sound like you have some serious trust issues there my friend.

The pentastar v6 is fine, it's the zf 9 speed that is pure garbage.

Was it the AWD version?

Don't listen to these late 80s Japanese car obsessed initial D rewinding fat dirty sons of bitches OP. You did good buying an American car, now roll around in it, don't play nigger music, and kick some non-english speaking ass.

>Sells shitbox.
>Buys shitbox.

I do in fact. The 2 first times I had a mechanic look at cars in "perfect condition" they turned out to be absolute pieces of shit. Started doing it myself from there on out, and they have been rock solid so far.

I do simple maintenance on my car, but I have the pleasure of having a family mechanic that I've known for 25 years now. However, if he lied to me I would be genuinely upset.

That 200 is gonna give you more headaches than the Integra ever could. It's a literal turd that was discontinued for a reason.

And yeah, I Rose above the 3k Civic. I got a 10k Civic (2009 EX-L) for 6k (discount because family)

It was discontinued because that whole platform was discontinued.

>And yeah, I Rose above the 3k Civic. I got a 10k Civic (2009 EX-L) for 6k (discount because family)
Amazing, you got a fucking civic for 6k. Anytime someone needs critical advice on what to buy you should be summoned as you sound like someone who's really knowledgeable on buying interesting cars.

>a fucking Chrysler
>interesting cars

Hey fuck you, the PT cruiser is a baller car.

Anything is more interesting than a fucking Civic.
Even a PT Cruiser.
It's not a surprise old people buy Civics.

>literal turd that was discontinued for a reason
Do you actually know anything about cars or just spout memes?

It doesn't take a fucking surgeon to do a quick Google search to see all the faults the 200 had. It's a piece of shit. He could have bought a much better Japanese car. Even if he wanted American, the focus is right there.

Of course, he hasn't disclosed what he paid, and he seems well off enough to not be worried about buying a shit car.

And yeah, telling someone to buy a Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mazda, etc is good advice that people should follow. I'm not talking out of my ass here, there's literally 3 decades of proof.

Also, it's a 10k civic, I just paid less. It's damn good car too

Old people buy Buicks. Get your shit right

After driving one for 5 years fuck no it isn't. Radiator was replaced 4 times during that time and the engine block was completely fucked. It's a dogshit car.

>It doesn't take a fucking surgeon to do a quick Google search to see all the faults the 200 had. It's a piece of shit. He could have bought a much better Japanese car. Even if he wanted American, the focus is right there.
Sounds like he'll be paying the maintenance bills with your money.

>>And yeah, telling someone to buy a Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mazda, etc is good advice that people should follow. I'm not talking out of my ass here, there's literally 3 decades of proof.
Yeah, when you use components that have been used for 30 years, they can only be reliable. And even then you can always fuck it up by not galvanizing the steel you use, or actually not knowing how to properly turbocharge an engine without it having issues.
You're exactly the type of people that'll start recommending gook shit in a decade or so just because they can be reliable.

Not in yurop, they don't.

>Imported from Detroit

That tagline was kinda dumb but I can't help but like it.

i had a 2000 vw and a 1999 nissan with the roughly same milage for 7 years. excluding maintenance (oil, filters and shit) i spent some $5000 on vw repairs and $100 on nissan repairs

>do a quick Google search to see all the faults the 200 had
WOW what a coincidence! I googled civic and look what I found!

I will never recommend Korean, Chinese or anything else of that sort. They're ass, and I can promise you that won't happen.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind getting a car that even the manufacturer wants nothing to do with. Chrysler is an odd company. They have huge peaks and valleys. You don't buy one in the valley, and that's where they are right now.

And no, Japanese shitboxes aren't reliable because they use 30 year old parts (the Corolla is what you're thinking of, and it's only 17-18 years iirc), they're reliable because the don't cut corners in the important bits. They know what they can and cannot get away with. They also sell on reputation. Shit, look at Honda. They don't do fleet discounts because they want to uphold their reputation.

>Sounds like he'll be paying the maintenance bills with your money

I clearly stated that he seems well off and unworried about it. I'm just questioning his decision. He wouldn't have started this thread if he didn't want discussion about it.

>Not in yurop
Should have figured you were a yuropoor. Go do your 5prayers.

The only thing modern day Honda is good at is its engines. That's it. This isn't the Honda of 80s or 90s.

>Oh hey, look, a site made for people to complain has people complaining on it

Boy, you sure showed me.

DESU, that's pretty much all they've ever been good at. Their interiors are decent, but it's really the engines that make Honda.

They're not the same company from back then, since there's no profit to making Integra and prelude and such anymore, but still make a damn fine engine. The new Civics aren't bad either

8000 out the door. Only has 29k miles. They basically sold it to me for the same as what they gave for it in trade. They also put a new set of tires on it, 3 year 36k mile power train warranty, and lifetime oil changes. Msrp is almost 14k

I'm making a point that you can find issues with literally any car manufacturers.

No lie, that's a good deal. Just hope that you plan on keeping it for a while, because they lose value fast.

No disagreements here. Every car has issues. Some more than others.

Definitely a good deal. I also looked at a '14 i-vtec Accord with manual transmission and leather at 34k miles but they wouldn't come lower than $14k on it. I realize it's a better car but at almost double the price I couldn't pass up the 200

With the Honda at double the price I mean

Yeah, there was no way you were gonna get a recent Accord for 8k unless it was in shit condition. You did good. I do question though, do you work on your own cars? If so, the 200 is a sound choice

Yep I do. Like I said before my dad used to be a mechanic and even after he went back to school did all of his own work and I started at a young age as his flashlight holder and he taught me a lot through the years.

it is a good car.
this board just hates anything not jdm.
chryslers have always been reliable and powerful.

Thanks dude. Personally I think it has a lot more personality than a lot of other cars in it's class. Stuff like accords, focuses, even avengers are kinda boring. Plus the bells and whistles are a definite plus

closest thing to european luxury cars domestically. the 200 looks kinda like an m3.

A friend of mine has had a 2015 200s for 2 years now, has had no issues with it. Its a nice car, very comfortable and sporty enough for him, enjoy the car OP they're great cars and a lot of bang for your buck.

Appreciate that dude thanks

>this board just hates anything not jdm.
Pretty much this. Nothing else would be expected from a bunch of spergs.
Raving about >muh reliability is probably the most autistic thing a person who calls himself a "car enthusiast" can say.

I drove my sister's Dodge Journey with the 3.6l Pentastar for a day and it was pretty pleasant.

She's had it for 5 years with no problems.

i want to see chryslers with the 300 front ends on every one of their cars even a fucking town and country. bring back the crossfire call it a 100 slap a baby 300 front end on it get rid of the current 300 altogether or sell it as a fiat take the guilia and slap a 300 front end on it and make that the 200 then take the grand cherokee slap a 300 front on it call it the 400 and town and country or pacifica renamed 500 chryslers basically an affordable burger lexus with the customer service lexus gives

get rid of the current 200 not the 300

>buying a shitty chrysler 200
kys. a v6 accord is better in every way.

i sold my 3k civic and bought a swedish tank with a v8.

You should've kept your Integra. Or at least done some research. Those 200's are piles of junk.

You got what you paid for.

in fact fca has too many brands now get rid of all the dodge cars except viper challenger and charger get rid of durango too. sell dart 200 durango as fiats get rid of ram altogether and make the trucks dodge again and the van thing a fiat

Dont argue with mjet.

He bought a diesel fiat. Enough to write off his opinion as misguided and illogical.

An Integra into a Chrysler.

Why do you hate yourself so much, user?

Your dad bought a raptor for fun and he gets you into this shitbox? What a prick

He didn't get it for me. I bought it.

Kek well I realize how it might seem that way. The integra was wicked fun when it works at 100 percent but those days were fewer and farther between as it got older. I put a new AC compressor on it past summer, new water pump and timing belt 6 months ago, and still the list was growing of little things. Was starting to need paint and it was generally falling apart cosmetically. The 200 is super nice. Runs like new, fun to drive, looks great. The only things I would have changed are to have it in leather and to have the sport edition with the paddle shifters. But hey at that price I can't complain too much

Fucking kek

so funny its brilliant machionne wish he came up with it

>fca
>"""american"""

>defending the PT Cruiser
>shits on the civic
Being this contrarian is a sign of a weak mind

Thanks
I'll filter his retardation from now on

did you get 0% apr financing?

>the PT cruiser is PIECE OF SHIT

I also had one and can confirm

so you're admitting your father failed as a parent

>knob shifters

Near it actually. 3%

Yes my dad not buying me a car makes him a failure as a parent. Please be joking.

What the fuck is up with your notifications my guy?

Honestly no different than a stick style automatic shifter

3% is nowhere near 0% user.

Better than my brother that has shit credit that payed I think 18 percent on his

>payed
you got finances all figured out

Well good job not being the biggest failure in the family I guess.

What did he get?

Unless they paid you to take the car you got ripped off

A 2012 prius

>you got
Yeah and you've got grammar all figured out

>bought a 200
>didn't even get leather
wtf is wrong with you faggot? did you even get the v6?

He made a way better decision there.

At that rate he'll pay more than double what I did. He also already had to replace the big battery

Yeah but he will still have a car in 3 years.

school failed you

your father failed you

now you're financing a chrysler at 3%

your next purchase should be a gun and a single bullet to spare the world from your family branching out any further