Cafe racer hate thread

Cafe racer hate thread.

Anybody else here want to complain about cafe racers with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

cognitomoto.com/collections/fork-conversion-parts
vjmc.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thinly veiled.

What do you mean?

Butthurt cager detected

Why do they exist? Worst part of it is ruining good motorcycles to show off your metrosexuality

What's a cafe racer?

Special kind of custom build. Look a the seat for example, this is specific for cafe racers.
Basically it is ruining good motorcycles for some gay looking and impractical build

Must be a cuck if you can't appreciate one. What's your idea of stripped down good looking old school fun? Most are custom built, there is something awesome about building or moving your own bike. Plenty parts available and configs.

So stancing, but for motorcycles?

No hate here.

Just finished the preset of my 750 SS build.
It was fucked beyond belief by the PO and I've always wanted a vintage looking Ducati.

>pic related

You take a motorcycle and make it look different.

I don't like it because all classic bikes should look exactly the same and it worries me how uncomfortable or safe someone else's bike is.

How dare you.

No, because of the classic bikes they often perform better than original UJM's they were built from.

jokes on you I've been doing this professionally for years. It's going great right now the engine's down for rebuild and paint. Everything is getting polished

If it wasnt for me to get this bike from the PO, he would've put it in his back yard ( imagine scooter graveyard) to rot.

Besides the SS frame looks awesome naked.
and I've got a bone stock 900 FE

>inb4 get a monster

Not a fan here. I like older bikes of all flavors, and it pains me to see them getting butchered just to fit some hipster aesthetic. A well done conversion with good craftsmanship, that actually works with the bikes geometry and setup to improve on it, is a wonderful thing. But far too many cafes are just bikes that got chopped up because herp-derp its cheaper than actually fixing it and I saw one at Starbucks.

Enjoy your bad handling death trap that makes women laugh and not being able to get nods from other riders because they hate you.

You should keep all bikes 100 percent original.

again speaking from the standpoint of the stockfag

the bike bone stock steers way worse than right now. All the steering head bearings replaced. New handlebars (not the dented screwy angled stock ones) Steering Damper and improved suspension.

Where's the death trap again stockie

Noodle framed cafe racers are the death traps.

do you even know what an SS is?

Frame is all original??? Whats your point. Stripping the fairings and getting a single seat makes bike a death trap.

Yeah stick to cars.

curious cager here, does a cafe racer improve performance or is it really just for looks? Will you end up with a better bike compared to something you just buy for the same amount of money.

In their concept its about making a regular commuter bike into a lightweight road going racing version of that same bike. If done with this in mind yes.

But the hate comes from the fact that there are a lot of fads and at the moment most of the customs are done just to mimic a certain look with total disregard for safety or performance

The only thing you really change is the riding position so it looks like your doing a poo.

All bikes are beautiful

Why is this board so obsessed with being contrarian?

welcome to Veeky Forums, i can tell this is your first day here

I've been here for years. I'm just trying to reason with these autists that shit up every board.

THIS IS NOW A KTM HATE THREAD!

FUCK KTM!

blame all the reddit normies invading this place since gamergate

I don't know why people say the hate cafe racers.

They normally just mean they hate all the badly built ones.

But the rc 390 is super cute @-@

I need a template for a cafe racer seat

>You should keep all bikes 100 percent original.
my sentiments exactly
i hate it when people take a good classic old bike and molest it into some mutated hunk of shittarded trash

see a doctor for autism meds

I really like my Honda xr but if I ever invest in a street bike, it'll be a cafe build. I just like the stripped down look. I hope someone sees me having fun and it ruins their day.

tfw I just sold my XR650R and have no bike now
fml 2bh pham.
Enjoy your cafe bike.

Cafe racers are out of fashion. It's all scramblers/trackers now.

But the large majority of cafe racers are absolute crap, and only exist for looks and hipster cred instead of for riding. In fact, current cafe racers go against the philosophy of the cafe racers built back then; they were meant to take a street bike, and make it a better racing bike.

Most cafe racers mess up the lines of the bike for something more aesthetic by fucking around with suspension/frame clearance, and playing around with the rake/trail, which completely fucks up the handling of the bike. Retro UJMs are also dual rear shock, which got phased out for a monoshock because they perform better. But everyone loves the look of dual rear shocks. They replace the air filters with objective worse for performance pod filters, or velocity stacks, because they're cooler. The most popular tire for cafe racers are the firestone champion deluxe tires, because they are retro tires. Too bad they're absolute shit for riding. Exhaust wraps are common as well, except they literally do nothing, except add weight.

Funny how so few builds actually aim to improve the performance of the bike by replacing the front forks, replacing drum brakes, and upgrading the rear suspension. But that would cost more than the donor bike itself.

>They replace the air filters with objective worse for performance pod filters, or velocity stacks, because they're cooler.
But there's absolutely nothing wrong with pod filters or vstacks if you get the bike accordingly.
Also, who fucks with rake on a fucking bike?
It's not even adjustable, on 99.9% of bikes you'd have to cut the frame and weld it back on with a different rake, the fuck are you even talking about?
People building cafe racers aren't cutting their headsets off.

if you jet the bike accordingly*

lel
from the thumbnail i though the log was attached to the side of the bike in case of emergencies

I'm really happy that I went with the xr vs the dr, I'm only 5'10" but the height is perfect. Before the summer is over I want to set it up with a couple of panniers, one Jerry can and one ammo can, and paint the bike either OD green or tan, not sure yet. Hope you find your way into another one soon Bro

looks uncomfortable as fuck.

they do look retarded

the rake/trail gets fucked around if you play around with the rear suspension to change the bone line of the bike.

>I'm really happy that I went with the xr vs the dr
you really, REALLY did the right thing, nothing beats an XR my dude, nothing.
The other bikes don't have shit on them.
I'll gran another XR once I make some money off this TIG welder I just sold the bike to buy lmfao

Nobody is slamming the rear of their cafe racers, that's chopper shit.
Cafes have high rears.

You misspelled duke.

they fit shorter forks retard.

No they don't?
They just remove the bars and put clubman bars or clipons.

You might not like but this is what peak performance look like

They fit USD forks
GSX-R forks are very popular with cafe fags.

Not all cafe racers just throw on clip-ons and call it a day. Depending on the donor bike, or how much they angle they want on their bone line, there are builds that raise their rear, or lower it so it's more horizontal. A lot of builds also switch out for inverted forks, whether for looks or performance, which again, fucks rake/trail if it's not the same exact length, which is hard, considering they grab it off of some other bike.

>USD forks
>cafe style
Literally JUST posted saying they fit dual rears to match the old styling even tho they are worse, now saying they fit USD forks which are modern?
Make up your mind, are they fitting old inferior parts to make an aesthetic or are they fitting new parts for performance?
Backed yourself into a corner there.

Naked bikes are sweet to :D

yeah it's like they're retarded or something
weird

You do know there's a difference between the fork and rear shocks, right? Are you retarded? It's clear you don't know shit about motorcycles. I bet you're a nobike.

They want the inverted front fork look. So they throw on a fork from some wrecked GXSR that a squid crashed.

You know it's only for looks because they keep the dual rear shocks. Whats the point of having a modern, high performance front, if the back is 40 years old?

If they really cared, and some do, you'd change the swingarm and thrown in a mono rear shock.

>I found a picture that supports my argument after 10 min of searching on google images, therefor checkmate!
yeah it's like you're retarded or something weird

>i was wrong but i won't reply in case he notices

>You do know there's a difference between the fork and rear shocks, right?
You don't say?
That's why I literally just finished rebuilding the shock on my XR650R

>mono rear shock
>cafe racer
No?

>if i keep finding pictures on google images it means I won!

>I keep strawmanning to avoid the main argument!
Point is, cafe racers are for looks. If you wanted a bike that goes fast, which was the point of cafe racers, you wouldn't be a nu-cafe racer.

I'm not arguing that they don't look cool; that's a subjective thing. But you really can't argue a cafe racer is what you'd build if you actually wanted to cafe race.

>if i keep green testing it's means i won
cognitomoto.com/collections/fork-conversion-parts

>>I keep strawmanning to avoid the main argument!
Nice projection holy shit lol
>i don't like thing!
>nobody should have thing!
Nice autism holy shit lol

>look mom, I googled again!

>not an argument

>not an argument

You get blown the fuck out and now you're reduced to green texting and spewing some fucking meme words. Did I say you couldn't have a cafe racer? I dont give a shit, just know it's a shitty ride.

You are strawmanning. Do you know what that means? It means you're focusing on something else that isn't the main argument of the post you're replying to, and that's exactly what you're doing.

>outsmugged and outgunned
s a d

>You get blown the fuck out
Nice projection there buddy, try again later
>you're strawmanning!
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, projection machine fully functional

Why the HECKIN h-e-double-hockeysticks are you so nice?

>anime reaction pics
You are like little baby!

Enjoy your ignorance you stupid shit. Anyone not an experience mechanic should recuse themselves from having an opinion beyond "ooh, shiny!". You have windows that need licking. Get to work.

Because most of its population are young, angry and unlaid besides being mototechnically and motohistorically illiterate.

/dbt/ is /k/ with two wheels and much less wisdom.

simmer down pupper

Why knot enjoy myself?

i gave you chance to walk i away you should have taken it

I offered you the same

I got all day. Let's follow the series of posts, just between myself and you.

Here I describe multiple problems with the common mods to make a cafe bike.

Here you respond only about the air filters and claim people don't fuck with rake and trail. Ignoring everything else I listed.

Here I claim that they do, infact fuck with rake/trail, with many other anons backing me up.

Here you make a sweeping generalization which has nothing to do with arguing that modders do not fuck with rake and trail.

Here you claim they just change bars and throw on clipons.

Here I respond, with a few other anons, that many cafe racers do actually switch out front forks, which as to prove that they do fuck with rake/trail.

Here you throw some fit about why would they have a modern front if the whole point was retro-style, which has literally nothing to do with any of the original argument, which was tthe rake/trail gets fucked.

I throw in an insult, and explain why they would change the front forks, further supporting my original argument that they're just for looks and not for performance.

You only focus on the insult and do not address my argument, then throw in a greentext about how there aren't any monoshock cafe racers, which there are.

I repeat my argument.

You greentext and make up a statement i never implied.

More greentext and buzzwords.

You're a stupid shit. You can't beat my autism.

>this entire post
Wow, now THAT is a meltdown.
Didn't even read any of this BTW.

that's okay, thanks for the (You). It's not meant for you; it's meant for anyone you may be interested in cafe racers to realize they're shitty bikes.

>it's not meant for you
>gave me literally 100 (You)s
No, really, thank you for all these delicious (You)s and putting in the time to type out that massive fukushima.

>Cafefag gets absolutely BTFO by some hyper autist
Good thread lads. This is why nobody likes bikers.
t.cager

Who is the cafefag and who is the hyper autist?

>it's a bikers kill each other before they even get to die on the road episode

Cause bike is life. I want everyone to get along ;D

>But you really can't argue a cafe racer is what you'd build if you actually wanted to cafe race.

Unless you do a period correct build suitable for vintage road racing or quite similar. For example the Miles Engineering chassis Triumph Trident I'm building will be period correct for the 1970s except for the stainless exhaust (because fuck rust).

Cafe builds of the common sort keep a lot of old crocks on the road and USING AFTERMARKET PARTS without which NOBODY gets aftermarket parts and you are fucked if you want to ride. I don't get the tiny shit because CB 350 etc cummuter bikes were cheap basic transportation when new, but both cafe and chopper builders spend money which supports businesses that keep all old bikes on the road.

Take the Yamaha XS 650. It was ugly compared to contemporary British twins but much more reliable. Without the custom communities there'd be no modern electronic ignitions and upgraded charging systems for them.

The real restoration and vintage communities aren't a bunch of autists. This weekend I'm going to the Ohio Valley BSA owners club annual. Great time, and these fuckers ride their vintage motorcycles.

If ya like Jap stuff, the VJMC have a nice gathering at Barber Vintage which gets bigger every year.

vjmc.org/

cafe racers are trash, just like furfaggots

You're an idiot and don't know what you are talking about.

So old racing bikes look retarded as that's what cafe racers look like?

I'm okay with fitting old fashioned parts on old fashioned bikes.

I just hate the newer ones where they make a modern bike perform worse bynl trying to make it look vintage.

Not ALL cafe racers are like this.

Do you think people ride old motorcycles because they are they think they are the fastest or something retarded like that?

Some cafe racers convert there bikes to monoshock but at that point you become a retard who is ruining a classic.

>Cafe racers are for looks.

Oh wow you don't say.

Next thing you will be telling me classic UJM s UJM s are chosen for style over new bikes.

user what the fuck is wrong with you?
what could you possibly have against retro style bikes???

I always imagine a giant fucking dork who everyone hates in real life is talking to me when someone posts an anime reaction image.

I mean I watch anime occasionally but I don't save anime reactions to my computer or some retarded shit like that.

did he recover that stoppie?

I just think people will realise you are retarded instead.

Not original and it bothers me that other people make their bikes ACTUALLY less comfy.

Imagine if someone took an old car and lowered it so it was less comfy but handled better... that's essentially what cafe racers do and I hate them for it.