/pg/ Persona General

Previous:NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vb22li36dJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love Anne!

Akechi best boy!
Akechi is for Makoto!

youtube.com/watch?v=Vb22li36dJg
this is the best regular boss battle theme

Help. Rivers in the Desert won't leave my head for more than an hour.

And I love it.

>Ann is sweaty!
>Ann is buxom!
>Ann is beautiful!
>Ann is wet!
>Ann is cute!
>Ann is flexible!
>Ann is an angel!
>Ann is lewd!
>Ann is sad!
>Ann is silly!
>Ann is for kisses!
>Ann is stylish!
>Ann is for sexual!
>Ann is awesome!
>Ann is sultry!
>Ann is pure!
>Ann is amused!
>Ann is quality!
>Ann is Lovers!
>Ann is canon!
>Ann is an apricot!
>Ann is an actress!
>Ann is a model!
>Ann is Santa Claus!
>Ann is best girl!

I love Haru!

I love my wife Makoto!

I fixed you're waifu.

Can you deny what I said about Haru having little to no role in the MAIN story after her father is dealt with?

>b-but muh confidant
Entirely optional to begin with.

nooooo

You leave Anne's fluff puffs alone

Is Akechi able to enter the cognitive world without the use of a phone?
How did Wakaba discover the cognitive world without being able to enter it?
Would Akechi really have been able to use more than two Personas if he had been using friendship instead of hate like Morgana said?

I'm at the first save room in Mementos Depths so feel free to chastise me if these questions get answered later.

>Anne is finnish, not american

>Entirely optional to begin with.
Why does this bother people so much? We always come back to this with S. links.

>makotofag still pretending like links don't matter
>ignores that the original point involved links once realizing that fucks their whole "argument"

Makotofags don't even need false flaggers you guys do it to yourself.

>Is Akechi able to enter the cognitive world without the use of a phone?
No

>How did Wakaba discover the cognitive world without being able to enter it?
SCIENCE

>Would Akechi really have been able to use more than two Personas if he had been using friendship instead of hate like Morgana said?
Not sure about the friendship part, but he was a Wild Card, so he had the same abilities as Joker

Play the game.

Can I defeat Reaper/Twins at about level 70-80 on Hard/Merciless? I done the flu season trick on my first playthrough to get most of the compendium done but for my second playthrough I want to defeat the final boss on a "honest" level.

>Would Akechi really have been able to use more than two Personas if he had been using friendship instead of hate like Morgana said?
Yes. He's a wild card. I'm surprised they didn't do more with that whole factor.

No, because plot and the series will never get into the mechanics nor should it, and yes.

How do you feel about groos inevitable resurrection?

>Makoto x Joker
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Haru x Goro

Daily reminder that this is the optimal pairing in P5

You can defeat them solo at level 1 with Super Yoshitsune

Akechis boss fight was really dissapointing after Door-kun fight in The Answer, such wasted potential

Anne is beautiful no matter what hairstyle she uses

People are stupid and act like "optional" (even though it's optional by the most loose definition ever or you're it ring half the game) somehow doesn't count or doesn't exist.

It's the most retarded fucking argument ever.

There's no Goro Akechi. His past, his name, and his backstory are fabricated entirely. The guy you've seen and interact in the game until his "death" is nothing but impersonator of a fictional entity.

I welcome it.

>Ann instead of Anne

This is a fake.

>How did Wakaba discover the cognitive world without being able to enter it?

Probably works for SEBEC or Nanjo. I don't think Kirijo does that sort of research anymore.

Is it true that Keiji is Joker's dad

Super unrelated minor nitpick, but I thought the smartphone app was dumb and lazy.

Who?

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

Haru is a real boy!

Disappointing mechanically or thematically?

Because thematically I thought it was great. Mechanically I found all of the boss fights in the game somewhat lacking but I think that's just because they intentionally made them way easier after P4. In P4 you steamrolled the dungeon until you hit the boss that oneshots you and you have to think to beat it. In P5 any random trash mob can wipe your party but you actually have to try to die to bosses.

I played on Normal, for context.

Souji

What would you have preferred?

Don't worry, they'll change it to a VR/AR app in P6

I reckon it's time you stop postin' user and mosey on to bed.

Well I assume they wanted it to be distinct from something they could just go to whenever like the TV world.

It's literally magic.

I played all Persona games and I don't recall a Keiji.

No

I wanna do buttstuff with Ryuji

I can't wait to play Persona 5 Goro of the Resurrection!

>l-links
Then you don't deny that Haru has zero role in the main story after her short development? Great.

There are no problems with links at all but character development that only happens purely in links is boring and makes certains parts of the story awkward. It was the problem with the P4 gang and now with Haru

I think he means Reiji

I dunno. Literally anything else.

The Deva system was interesting. Nyarlathotep rumors making demons was interesting. Tartarus a and the tv world felt alien and we're pretty interesting.

The smartphone app just feels like they couldn't really come up with anything and said fuck it.

>In P5 any random trash mob can wipe your party but you actually have to try to die to bosses.
I've noticed that too. One bad round (or lucky crit if I'm not using a Phys res Persona) leads to a Joker/team wipe, but bosses are easy as long as you don't skip random battles. I didn't even know about throwing paint on Madarame because he went down too quickly.

>Then you don't deny that Haru has zero role in the main story after her short development? Great.

What kind of babyshit fucktard logic is that user

Can you try not to drag your autism across 2 threads if you can't even follow a reply chain

Play mainline faggot

we mainline now bitch. Next SMT is going to be Persona: SMT 5.

Yu is joker's dad?

I do play mainline faggot.

That has nothing to do with it though. The magical bullshit was more interesting in every other game.

I'm neither a Harufag nor was I the one arguing with you before. I just really, really don't get why people care so damn much that Social Links are optional. Like the scenes don't matter because you had to walk over to someone and press x to start it, but if someone gets 2 minutes of screentime elsewhere that's a whole other story and very important.

Usually someone argues that it makes everyone in P3 so deep and complex by comparison.

Would you let her sit on your face?

Yu may be someone's daddy, but it ain't Joker

Haru is cute!

Haru is sweet!

Spending time with Haru is always a treat!

HARUUUUU!

Mostly mechanically, because he cant switch personas on the go in the same fight and overall he doesnt possess more than 2 personas which is a shame considering Door-kun had 7 personas which sure is limited to the party members you use in battle but it made the battle seem more fresh and varied because he wasnt was predictable as Goro

Yeah that's one of my biggest gripes behind 5. For the most part it's just the same old stuff in a fancy HD skin with some flashy thief antics.

It seemed like they either were legit unable to come up with anything new, or they were just too afraid to do anything beyond mimic P4 again with a few slightly different things to make it seem different.

I have a large nose so It'd either break my nose or I'd pay the dark price.

I love Haru very much!

>Usually someone argues that it makes everyone in P3 so deep and complex by comparison.
>They have one plot relevant 2 minute scene and nothing else, not even a social link "omg so deep"

user, you already know this fanbase is fucking retarded. It's hopeless.

lol I'm not acting as if it doesn't exist. The initial argument was that Haru's arc was better than Makoto's and both were about the same when thing when it isn't.

Haru's had a relatively short development in the main story, where she gained the confidence to betray her father, almost zero setup and it was overshadowed by plot.

Her S.Link arc isn't about not being a Yes-man but learning to trust again. As she comes to know and trust that executive guy.

Social link isn't part of the main story.

>Igor posting on Veeky Forums while imprisoned by Yaldy

Assuming you mean Reiji it hasn't been confirmed but there's a lot of similarities between them I'm just gonna share this screencap I took.

>ywn go down on Makoto

>If you paid attention during their links
>YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT NOT DOING THAT

All you're doing is showing you didn't pay attention to the links user. Not sure what made you have skin this thin but you need to calm your shit.

Probably for the best, thighs like that would crack your skull during climax.

Take your time when making inportant desicions, rushing things will only lead you to regret.

Fuuka hopes things turn out fine for you.

I'm an unrelated guy to the whole Haru argument.

I'm just saying it being in the main story doesn't matter. 20 minutes of "optional" development is better than 5 minutes "in plot".

How it's delivered doesn't matter. Only whether development is there.

Tangential question: What 'determines' what weapons each party member receives upon awakening? It is just whatever they think is cool, or suits their personal image of rebellion?

I'm following it though

>My shitposts are top tier

*blocks your path*

The latter, probably.

You weren't bullied enough in school

I like Makoto
I like Ann
I like Haru
I like Futaba when she's acting like a person.
I like Kawakami
I like Hifumi despite her Chuuni

I think he was probably bullied far, far too much, and was left broken.

I'd fucking burn down Atlus HQ. It's not fair to Joker if Goro isn't dead.

But then you get characters being developed one day and then switching back to how they were months earlier the next.

Maybe we can agree that he wasn't bullied the correct amount.

Why are you Harufags so defensive?
Jesus Christ, I'm not saying her link is bad, just that she basically disappears plot wise after her short arc is done. This is a complaint not about the character but the story since they could have introduced Haru properly earlier for a better set up!
But the S.Link development has no worth in the main story and that was what we were originally talking about.

>I am just an average high school student.
>Please respect my weaponized piercings, heavy chains and hand-cuffs.

What the fuck is with these old designs

>Why are you Harufags so defensive?
Why are you pretending one or two people represent an entire group?

You're the only one talking about "main plot"

If you aren't playing Persona for the links I don't know why you're here desu.

Since you buy the actual melee weapons out of stores in P4 and P5 (the only ones I played) I was always under the assumption that they just used whatever they were most comfortable with.

If I remember correctly P4 goes out of the way to explain that they have to hide their weapons or something like that when they're on the way to Junes. It might work differently in P5 because they do originally manifest their powers with weapons, but I think that's more of a gameplay thing.

This is the original design.

It was okay in P3 (at least as MC), because any SL character development was tangential to 'main plot' character development.

P4 fucked it up by putting most character development in SLs, then never recognizing it in the main story because they were completely optional.

I agree with you completely.
>they were just too afraid to do anything beyond mimic P4 again with a few slightly different things to make it seem different.
Honestly, I feel like this is a problem with the game as a whole. A lot of the same beats feel ridiculously similar to 4, with Yaldy being a literal Izanami ripoff and another Crazy face I was the villain all along reveal for like...the 3rd or 4th time.

I feel like it's much better written, but I feel it's super unoriginal and that kinda docks it points in my book.

I'm a Harufag and honestly, I accept this. I loved her confidant but she's the worse PT regarding main story shenanigans

If he means Reiji, then the answer is: Maybe.

>There will never be a P1 remake
>NEVER

>not shown in trailers
>plot advanced confidant
>introduced as a bumbling rookie partnered with veteran lawman, but obviously has ulterior motives
>literally know nothing about him besides what he tells you.
>incriminates himself using knowledge he shouldn't have
So why do people think Adachi is a good character?

It hurts knowing it will never happen.

This wasn't good bait the first time you posted it.