What are the most important things to upgrade in a car, and why are they tires, springs, and shocks?

What are the most important things to upgrade in a car, and why are they tires, springs, and shocks?

>Why are the only parts that transfer everything to the road so important

Wait for the fags to come in here and tell you that upgrading your engine first is the most important.

first tyres,
then driver
then lightweight wheels, brake pads, suspension, reliability like baffled oil pan, cooling
then chassis reinforcement, lightening, reducing aero drag, extra gauges
then downforce
and then when its not enough power.

If you're drag racing then reduce weight and add power and tyres

I think not, it's almost time for bed.

Unsprung mass and mechanical grip > Power.

I would put suspension, brakes, and reliability above "wheels."

Wheels would qualify under "lightening" anyway.

>critical tier
>tires
>driver

>essential tier
>suspension
>brakes
>reliability

>very nice tier
>cooling
>chassis
>weight reduction
>drag reduction

>if everything else is set up reasonably well tier
>downforce
>gauges

>if everything above has been taken to its full potential tier
>power

Because you buy shit cars?

>t. "i lease everything under warranty"

I've never leased anything.

aGRee

How are you both forgetting a lighter flywheel, lighter clutch and shorter final gear? I've seen cars being set up for autocross that shaved a full second off of the 7 seconds 0-60 time by lowering the moment of intertia of the drivetrain. A shorter final drive will change the gearing from econobox to sporty.

>autocross
>drag
discarted

top tier
>jdm tow eye
>red horn
>blow off valve
>fender flares
>rear wing

high tier
>racing wheel with that yellow tape
>wrx gear knob
>vape holder
>aftermarket cup holder

mid tier
>painted intercooler
>pod filter
>surface hardened exaust tips
>black ice

low tier
>lowering coils

>Upgrading
>driver

This isn't a videogame you nerd

>spot the benchracer

The most important things to upgrade in a car can be done with a few simple mods

That's the point. The fundamentals, people.

>

there are plenty of cheap power upgrades you can do to a stock engine tho. suspension and tires is high $/performance.

>suspension and tires is high $/performance.

????

An alignment and a set of new tires will make a world of difference. For the same cost for most conventional vehicles will only net you 5-15 hp. There's no comparison.

maybe if you are getting chink tires from walmart.

Bruh. I just got reputable tires for $75/ea. I work minimum wage. How poor are you that bolt-ons matter more?

>surface hardened exaust tips
What ist the hardening supposed to do?

Everything else is shit without good brakes and good tires. Stopping is the most important thing you can do in a car, maybe behind turning.

First, is everything working the way it should? No vac leaks, no oil leaks, no corroding hard lines. Alternator is charging, PS pump and rack aren't about to shit. AC to taste.

After that, it's good shocks, and springs at proper fucking ride height.
>muh luuuring springs
Fuck you.

After that, it's drive line components. Do you have an LSD? Is your clutch in order? New friction disc and pressure plate, master and slave replace or rebuild. Short shifter.

After that, how are your mounts and bushings? Lots of slop can be found in your stock 40A mounts and bushings. 60A PU makes a huge difference in the feeling and feedback you get.

After that, speaking of stiffness, chassis reinforcement. Strut braces, cross braces, reinforced subframes (might as well weld in some gussets while you have the subframes off to change those bushings, amirite).

After that, make some power. Megasquirt, ITBs, FI, whatever your style is. People generally do this first, which is dumb as fuck. Power is useless without control. Port your head, polish your intake runners, find a good machinist and get your valve seats done. Put in a higher lift or higher duration cam. Basically just watch every Jafromobile video and take a fuck ton of notes. You will need a new fuel pump if you're doing it right.

After that, start with your interface. Steering wheel, dildo knob, et cetera.

After that, start looking at aero. Whether this is vortex generators, a wing, canards. This step is optional.

After that, sell it and start over.

i don't know where you are getting your tires, but around here you are paying 150+ for tires that are better than stock.

Where do you live? I'm getting OEM spec tires for that price, brand new.

Tires are priced verry differently depending on sieze and max speed and max load.

Brakes are always the first thing to upgrade assuming you have decent tires.

That's said, I'm hijacking this thread. Anyone wanna recommend me some good coilovers? It's about time to Change my shit

yeah, i know. thats what i'm saying. in order to get tires better than OEM you are paying 150+. its supposed to be an upgrade, not a replacement in kind.

she gave a boner to all her neckbeard army with this picture

Bc racing

This boy knows what's up

>Shorter final gear
Yeah, super helpful for stoplights drags. Beyond that, it's a pain in the ass.

KW V3's are good, Ohlins DFV's are great but cost a ton.

>he doesn't keep himself in peak physical condition
At least try to weight reduction yourself

This

Since this is more or less a suspension thread, I have a question regarding springs

>'12 Fiesta hatch
Needing to replace the strut/shock because normal roads make the car feel like a dune buggy. Struts alone will be ~$150. Is it "safe" to reuse the springs on the new parts?

cat back exhaust

Hes talking about cannon exhausts with "blue" tips.