PT Cruiser GT

Let me tell you guys a secret...buying a PT Cruiser GT is a way to get a Neon SRT-4 with half the miles and that hasn't been hooned on by a high schooler...for literally half the price, cuz no rice tax.

You can find nice examples for just a few grand and turn them into 13 second 1/4 mile cars with like a grand worth of bolt ons

One downside though: you're driving a PT Cruiser.

That's just sheet metal, man. If you're blowing the doors off 90% of the stuff on the road, who cares?

>13 second quarter miles
>blowing the doors off anything

Yeah, nah

B8.

Right I forgot that everyone drives fucking GTRs

Anyone that going fast matters to would not have their doors blown off by a 13 second pt cruiser.

Is this guy b8 or some kid that reads Car & Driver in study hall and bench races super cars all day? Can't decide.

Better off with an hhr SS

Quite a bit more costly, but it is much better.

no girl will ever have sex with you once she finds out you drive a pt cruiser

If you're relying on a set of wheels to bed a girl, getting laid wasn't in the cards anyways.

You're the one bench racing.
A 13 is fast, but not ungodly fast.
You could beat a v6 camry in a straight line, but not by a whole lot.

is this is like when guys turn gay because they can't get a girlfriend?

hey 13 year old OP

you probably only realized an srt4 and pt gt have nearly identical drivetrains after i said it yesterday sprout

the smart thing to do is buy a blown up srt4 and get pt gt engine from the pick and pull

get a DSP, bigger fuel injectors, walbro 250, an A/F gauge, hit up duster360 on srt4forums for an e85 tune and youll be making near 400whp 400+wtq on stock internals.

13 is Mustang GT territory

How is this easier then just picking up a PT GT for $3k and doing some bolt ons?

Imagine driving a Coyote Mustang and having a fucking PT Cruiser keep up with you

Yes SRT4 neons are fast-ish

but pt gts are not, they weigh over 450lbs more have a more restricted IM, have 512cc~ fuel injectors (pinks), they also have a less aggressive tune that runs lower boost (same turbo though)

however i think in 04-05 the pt gts got an upgrade as well as the neon
bigger fuel injectors 585~cc (blues)
the neon got LSD
the pt gts got a less restrictive IM
more aggressive tune

no LSD
450+ lbs more
less aero
neons easier to work on (bigger engine bay)
neons transmission is geared more optimally for high end, i suppose the getrag out of a ptgt could be better for some with its shorter gearing but i like high top speed as well

also forgot to add neons handle a HELL of a lot better than a damn pt cruiser

bonus tip for any srt scrubs out there

a PT GTs knuckes actually have a better turning radius (due to ackermann angle) than an SRT4

in fact srt4s have a 41' turn radius, yikes.

go to the junkyard grab some pt gt knuckles put em on a neon and you lower your radius to 39'.
use non GT pt knuckles and the radius goes to 37'.

if you also use the rotors of the pt you will actually reduce rotating mass by 2.5lbs~ per wheel

p.s. the ptgt also has a smaller more restrictive intercooler, i dont remember if they have an oil cooler like srt4s do

one lassssst thing

if you use a neon over a ptgt you will never ever run out of interior trim or hell even body panels, there are literally 35-40 neons at my local junkyard

gee I wonder why

theres the biggest difference between the 2.4l in the ptgts and srt4s versus the 2l in regular neons

regular neon engines are headgasket blowing pos's

plus that would be like me saying theres 35-40 civics at my local yard (true)

but we know theyre not that shitty theres just a lot of years of them made, its common

if you use aftermarket cam gears (adjustable) you will actaully gain a decent amount of topend from using regular 2l neon cams

I didn't even know that the pt gt existed

this is a whole new level of terrible

Thanks OP. Found one for 10k by me. Gonna go look at it tomorrow.

It better have like 3,000 miles on it and be pristine for $10k

125,000 4 owner 0 accidents. Looks pristine though.

LITERALLY THIS

>DRIVING A PT CRUISER

LIKE SOME TWISTED PUNISHMENT FROM A CREATIVE JUDGE AFTER TOO MANY SPEEDING TICKETS WITH YOUR REAL CAR

What year?

>paying $10k for a 4 owner 125k mile pt cruiser