/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Best Song Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/03/crown-store-showcase-may-2017
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/05/03/eso-morrowind--warden-developer-qanda

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/138714024

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330377/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-10

>Latest PTS (public test server) patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340864/pts-patch-notes-v3-0-2/p1

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dz_rJXEw0JA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just wait until the first "balance" patch a week or two after Morrowind launches.

>Due to recent feedback, we are adjusting several class skills
>Daedric summoning skills can no longer crit
>Dark exchange and its morphs now exchange resources based upon character level, to bring the skill in line with other self heals
>Storm Calling skills have had their skill cost increased by 20% to bring them in line with other classes
>Mages fury, the bonus damage on execute no longer crits
>Capacitor passive reduced to 3%/6%
>Implosion is too strong, changed from instantly disintegrating the target to dealing bonus damage of 15 damage X character level
>Daedric reduced to 5%/10%
>Exper summoner reduced to 3%/5%

Post scam stories or something.

how will sorc healers perform compared to templars in morrowind? they need to double bar their pet however nearly all templars double bar BoL as well. otherwise some retards in pt manage to die

>be playing right after pc launch
>get skeleton transform before it was well know
>stand around in Davons Watch selling Skeleton bites for for a few k
>make 50k in a day
Why are newbs so trusting

why scam? flipping is easier and more profitable
>viper 1h sword sharp
>back in day when muhh BoE
>buy it off dude for 5k
>sell for 350k

youtube.com/watch?v=Dz_rJXEw0JA

Now that's voice acting

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not but I do like it.

I liked it too.

>tfw no gears

Truly one of us.

Kys faggot

Only 3 houses get the focus, and it's the same as the last ones

Nostalgia man! Gotta bank on dat nostalgia!

I actually hate this song. Is it appealing for lore reasons or what?

kek

Its lyrics were reasonably made and its an all around decent song with a catchy bit thats memorable.

From a musical perspective ignoring the words (but keeping the melody) i enjoy stagger and sway better

So what race is YOUR Warden going to be /tesog/?

Non-existent

Nord or dunmer.

P.S. fuck bosmer

>fuck bosmer
Thats the idea champ!

I'd tell you to go fuck shit, but that seems to be your fetish.

argonian or breton templar healer for pvp?

how about pve?

user surely you don't mean to imply you aren't going to purchase Morrowind Collectors Edition and make a New Warden as provided so graciously by Zenimax Online Studios???

Only reason you want to fuck bosmer is to compensate for your small dick.

This could be true

>mfw "Bear-with-me" is already taken

Apparently I picked up a Spriggan dagger sharped at some point. Is it really worth 290ish K?

nah lmao

yeah

Got a BSW divines belt, that is a BIS right?
Too bad I can't into playing magicka.

For magdk, even after the nerf, and possibly magsorc, yes. Magblade and magplar will probably get more use out of scathing mage or the new architect set.

The pendulum will swing back eventually. And when it does, the tears will be delicious.

All sorc really needs is for pets to no longer crit, bring the deal/exchange in line with the other class heals, bring magicka costs in line with similar skills from dk and templar, and reduce the level of the passives to bring them in line with the rest of the classes.

Good to know, I have a magdk dunmer I need to level anyway.

Dunmer magdk is the best, it's what I have. Extra fire damage and stylish as fuck.

Which race gives the best head?

youre mom lol

>while in werewolf form
Is it even worth becoming a wolf in this game?
I have researched a bit and everything I saw was that WW was for Stam and Vamp was Magick, but it seems vampire is leagues ahead even for stamina.

3 ustions:

>Is this worth playing as a f2p scrub?
>I had its not safe to buy a key off g2a, true?
>Is Morrowind mandatory? Am I missing out on just a class and a new map or more?

maybe
yes
no

>choice being being a furry or a cute
what do you think?

if i havent played morrowind yet (tes:3) can i start ESO in the morrowind expansion and play regular morrowind alongside it and not ruin regular morrowind for myself?

I really like regular morrowind but i also miss playing an MMO badly, and the summer is really the only time ill be able to put in the hours an MMO requires

Im new to this game, im only a level 7 Breton DragonKnight. I'm just wondering what kinda stat alocations i should go for with my character and what path to upgrade moves? What class abilities do i have that are useful? What type of melee combot should i use? Plz help

no
yes
no
take place in different times and the MMO is making as many pandering references to the game as it can without pissing off lorefags too much
Jesus, well since you are a breton you want to focus on the Magicka based skills for dragonknight, you also want to probably use a destruction staff and put all your stat points into Magicka.

ESO builds boil down to Magicka/Stamina DPS, Tank and Healer.
Magicka DPS as its name implies want to focus on Magicka damage abilities, Staves (Fire/Lightning) and pour points into Magicka
Stamina DPS same thing but with Stamina and weapons (DW/Bow being the PvE setup, 2h/Bow leaning more PvP)
Tanks use 1h/Shield and are mishmashed utility specs
Healers use a resto staff/lightning staff set up and obviously take heals/utility

what's your favorite, then?

is the explorer's pack worth it? how much does it go for these days?

Only if you do PVP and want all your characters on the same alliance.
The maps are shite, even worse than regular treasure maps because you just get leveled gear not sets.
It was on sale a couple weeks ago, maybe they will drop it again for Morrowang.

Ive heard that on PC, I shouldn't buy this game through steam

is that true? if so, why?

tfw the lover procs on nirncrux

>Always sell weapons to NPCs without checking their worth
>There is a chance I accidentaly sold a rare as fuck weapon

Destruction magic huh? Right now im using duel swords. Should i wear light armor? Right now im wearing iron armor

You can't really mix damage sources in ESO without gimping yourself, so if you want to use melee weapons/medium armor those fall in with a Stamina build, using staves and light armor are for a Magicka build. Tanks use heavy armor.

When I started playing, I looted an aetherial essence, asked what it was in zone chat. Got a whisper saying that it was used to a potion, linked me a master merchant listing for it, valuing it at 10k, offered me 15k, so I took it.

Then later on I learned that you can alter MM data by just deleting what the numbers are and putting on your own.

>TFW got scammed, sold a 60k - 75k item for 15k

Why do AD zones suck so much. There are no towns with crafting benches or merchants to sell to, it really breaks the flow having to wayshrine back.

AD confirmed for worst faction. I'm just gonna hoover up the skyshards and fuck off.

The biggest problem for me are the fucking cliffs. Grahtwood, reapers march, malbal tor, even greenshade to an extent. You want to go across the zone, better follow the path half way across the map in the opposite direction from where you want to go, or spend an hour trying to jump up geometry on a cliff/root to try and get by. Seriously, that shit is so fucking irritating.

wtf

hnng

Datamining when?

Can someone post that screenshot of vivec from the expansion? I thought I had it but I can't find it anywhere and I wanted to show it to my friend.

It's just my internets or I can't access Alcast or Woeler sites?

I can load both from freedomstan so maybe your internet.

What he says is not entirely true. If you are magicka you can use dual wield at starting levels if you like the idea of spellsword and if you level up your dual wield at lvl 50 you can max out the last passive that gives a flat 5% damage increase which includes your spell power. And that's not counting using Spinner's Swords for a huge damage boost, so go for it!

Please do not actually do this, you can't ranged weave, you can't restore resources and at most you would what, want this for a backbar where the bonus doesn't even affect anything? It's dumb that casters can't run 5/5/2 like stamdps but using two swords is just asinine. You aren't a spellsword, the swords are literally ornamental.

Maybe I should close my firefox, merica here too and it just returns a white page even when I click a link to them.

Different browser? Clear cache and whatnot?

I don't have another browser and I don't feel like cleaning my drive now, I'll just try again next week when I get back to my computer.
Just wondering if anyone else was having issues.

Talking about PvP it's perfectly viable to use dual wield and in some cases for PvE it also is. Of course he shouldn't focus on attacking with his swords and much less with the stamina skills of the sword tree.

You get something like 500 spell damage when dual wielding. It's perfectly viable if you are able to manage your resources and don't have your bars filled with destro skills, aka, a templar.

DW/Destro magblade here.

Don't be jealous of the fact by build is fun

>go from a fully trained horse to my not trained alt

6k crowns goy :^)

I probably could have had them maxed out honestly just all that gold I saved is better spent somewhere else, as for the 1 minute extra it takes to do my writs on those characters,, I wasn't going to do anything productive anyway.

I started doing the tier 1 crafting writs every day on my alts. The gold they got from that paid for mount training, and I had the chacne to get surveys to feed to my main crafter. An extra 20 minutes a day, but I think it helps.

I SELL TO THE _______

sup nig

pls respond

>10kx10k

for what purpose

Yeah that is what I've been doing, I really need to level my healer and tank though so I have a better chance at doing something in trials.

I'm new and what is the point of all the bosses you find throughout the wilderness which give achievements when you kill them

it doesn't seem like there are quests involved with them or does that come later

There are some zones that have quests usually daily to kill them, but otherwise they are just there for fun/drops.

how much damage do I lose between blue jewelry and yellow jewelry?

What the fuck? Am I missing something? Why does Nord style look so sleek and nice when you're previewing the armor when creating a charactor, versus in the game were it looks like complete shit.

Dyes. Some dyes are muted, others have a metallic sheen to them.

is this real or is it cause of graphics settings

Its real, the picture of me is just sniped

God damn these portals in craglorn piss me off. Haven't been able to solo one yet. Finally got to what I thought was the last wave, then a 1.8 million HP boss spawned, and I thought hey no problem he hits hard but attacks slow, I can use claws to heal NOPE ANOTHER WAVE OF ADDS MOTHERFUCKER!

Do you know which dye the preview when creating a character has by chance? Or even a guess would be nice.

Because it's an additional point of failure / aggravation. If Steam is having issues, you may not be able to play. If you lose your steam account (say it gets stolen, or you say something stupid on the steam forums and get your account shut down), you won't be able to play. If your system is a toaster, it's one more bit of software that'll be running in the background.

For awhile Steam users had issues buying Crowns, but that's a thing of the past, I believe. Now I think you can buy packs of Crowns through Steam or via the game's website.

whats the best class/race for endgame pve healing?

Breton Templar

Argonian Templar

wh-which is it?

what about for pvp?

Just closed my game, but I wuld hazard a guess one of the ones in the bottom palette, those tend to have the metallic sheen to them.

L I Z A R D

Argonian: More powerful heals
Breton: Better Resource regen

Pick your poison. For PvP is basically the same.