Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Previous Thread: >Combat System Changes - Dev Blog
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=948 - Pt. 1
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=951 - Pt. 2
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=955 - Pt. 3
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=959 - Pt. 4

>Combat rework spreadsheet (informations from kTest)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w96wEplRalplgC4f0TTyiYqXNZfIVZopUbTNFUX_be8/edit#gid=0

>Latest "Patch Notes":
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=960 :^)

>Current events:
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=953

>Can I play the game now?
International version available on Steam RIGHT NOW. The Korean and Japanese servers are non-steam (Nexon)

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>Addon Manager (includes jTOS and iTOS addons)
github.com/JTosAddon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager/releases

>Database, skill planner and other stuff
tos.neet.tv/

>Extra Stat Points
pastebin.com/6Y3R7aYt

>Hunting Grounds locations and gear spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP4G1JjL2pj6wMfpL_3o9pFWYIKpr3QnYgQ-XTfK21k/pubhtml#

>Servers
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA) Fedimian(EU) Silute(SA) Telsiai(SEA)

>/tosg/ Guilds info:
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Orsha, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a Templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.

>Klaipeda
Futureproof (ApplyAFineHorse3)
cute (Merigolds and Majiene)
bullies (threejane and Agapi)

>Telsiai
Comfy (neshoi)

>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)

>Silute
Lewd (Nanaumi)

Other urls found in this thread:

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21117666b.2f4f5f.253545.1f7f8595a5.152545
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2122333bh.4555.1a3a4a.1f5a6a7585.153545.253555
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#112226999.354555.4f657a8a95.1545b5.1f355f95a5
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21177aagg.1a2a5a.253a4a55.1a3a4565.2a355a65
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333bbbg.254555.16263f426a7581.3f455a6a85.14213545
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#211177555.233f476a7585.3a4a55.1e5f667585
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311333eee.1a354a65.1f2f6a75.3f6a8ab5c5
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4111666ee.1f3a5a6575.1f214e5a65.152a355575
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/u/ guild when?

I don't think bullies even exists anymore
pretty sure Agapi is in cute

/Ohayou/ when!

remov bullies, agapi killed it.

threejane got kicked from bullies by the way

oh
RIP

Just saw Noches in CnL

yes ok. next time

no

>when a cnl walks near you

Fuck off C*lnigger

>log in
>see
>day not changed cause i'm not that autistic

threadly reminder that cute is recruiting newfriends and returning CBT3friends whether low or high level who want a comfy group to chat with while leveling or doing daily chores. we even have two dumb boys that you can kick around all you want and they cant do anything about it. Message its in the OP if interested

/bullies/ when!

How good is krivis taoist in the new patch friendos? Is it worth giving up druid3 for it?
Also is pd2 still good dps after the update?

>"Kim is saving this game!"
>no mention of player housing, couple emotes, functioning inns, guild hall decorations, or anything

Remember me, tosg? We are now 13 strong and growing, having so much fun in Eorzea. Let me tell you why it's great.

> excellent combat
> AAA lore and story
> fun questing and levelling
> challenging dungeons and raids
> meaningful endgame
> cool classes
> awesome music
> beautiful graphics

And it's going to get better in a month's time. Give me one good reason why you niggers are still playing this dying and retarded game.

Protip: You can't

merc post will be the erp tavern after patch!

Calm down user, that will come for sure after kim save pvp
Then we will all that + marriage system for sure!

i dont know about clerics, but

Reminder that everyone will get daily Rank+Skill+Stat Resets, at each char, for (probably) 2 weeks.
You all can test everything soon.

previous thread
Remember to ignore and report shitposting

Translation: Drop this game for a year until we get around to making r9 content.

for good reason user

That's great. See you in a year when you have sub 1k average players bored to tears of a year of only running saalus and ET.

lol

i get what youre saying, but whats the alternative? They release r9 which is an even more tilted shit show that r8 release was? They have to fix the foundation before they can build on it

Go back to balmung and stay go

Is five hammer becoming shit with the rework? Can anyone explain what's going on with it?

You played this supposedly shit game with supposedly shit balance and supposedly shit content this long, what would be different if you played r9 WHILE they fixed things? And it wouldn't be any harder for them to change the damage formula in r9 than it would be for them to change it in r7 or r6. They're going to go through ad do all that shit again anyway in 3 more years anyway like every game does. What's going to be the excuse then? They need to fix the foundation of a 5 year old game so they can add new stuff?

And what is going to change to the content anyway? Are these damage formulas going to stop them implementing another 30 gather plants and rocks quests? Are they going to to prevent them giving clerics another invincibility at r9, swords and archers another restricted weapon class, mages another shit damage support class with only 1 working skill?

I think playing the improved classes and seeing various areas of the game, like PvP, fixed would be satisfactory while I wait for new content. I don't think they wil completely abandon adding new stuff to the game while we wait.

>Re download the game
>Launcher doesnt do anything, not even a close button

Wow, what a fantastic experience.

It's working just leave it be.

What's interesting about playing the same classes with all their skills fucked up? For all the effort, they could have made new classes or new skills.

What will be some good farming builds after the rework?

The skills aren't going to be fucked up. New class builds will be made viable as a result and thus add new ways to play existing content. More new content is certainly better, but I'd rather having a strong foundation for the game to be built on than a completely dead game because everything is shit.

I've been farming ET for a while. On left is 5F and on right is 10F. Up is shards. What can I make with these now?

Are you using Windows 10?

Nothing

Yes

why does this general have autists like this

Are you even trying?

You can go to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch ,grab main.bmp and scape it to 1000x800. It still doesnt completely make it viable, but you'll be able to at least see the patching numbers and the closing arrow. The patcher isn't optimized for Win 10.

If this is too tedious to you, just leave it as it is, and patiently wait. Just know that it's working user

>New class builds will be made viable
Boy I can't wait to fuck shit up with my earth, fire, and lighting mage tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21117666b.2f4f5f.253545.1f7f8595a5.152545
I won't even have to use Templeshooter to be viable!

Better watch the fuck out for these snow rollings! tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2122333bh.4555.1a3a4a.1f5a6a7585.153545.253555
I'll roll you up with my fireballs and then flare your ass to death! If you survive, I'll freeze and shock you, then blow you away!

Can't tell if joking or just assmad about Fireball.

I don't care about fireball, but don't lie and pretend anything is going to be more viable. The only changes is they nerfed some skills so you have to use other ones. Meanwhile the game is going to die because of a lack of content. If it was going to die because the game was shitty, this and many others would have died already. RO itself wouldn't still be running.

Fuck you and it's Tonberry you dingus.

Why wait for r9 when you guys can hop in with us now and have fun?

Every build is now viable due to the change, those classes that you listed are just stronger due to the hidden scaling.

Furthermore, as I brought up, they still aren't going to fix summon classes. Name some cards other than temple shooter that are viable. Show me their plans to finish/fix the necronomicon. List the improvements for wugu's card skills. Tell me how zombies and skeletons are now amazing.

>Every build is now viable due to the change
I'm just going to cap this and every time someone cries about meta in the future, I'm going to post this.

can someone who isn't a complete autist respond

>can someone who isn't a complete autist
Wrong thread, buddy. This is the thread for people who want to do the same task over and over with no change forever.

I play ktest so I would know, every monster can die easily with just about anything put together. As long as your gears are reasonably strong, there's nothing to complain about. Also, yes even those summoning classes are just as good, the knock backs are irritating though.

this is true

some builds will be best/stronger/better, because not all are 100% balanced, but many builds will be ok

I've played gud builds since beta, there was never a problem killing stuff in general combat with "retarded" builds.

There's a difference though, with a costume collector build you would at the very least have issues with soloing bosses. You can do that build now and take about a minute at best taking a mission boss down.

Is Shinobi still good for a Murmillo in rebalance? I can't read these chink letters but it seems like Shinobi skills are getting massive % while the Kunai spam is not that relevant.

Farming orange mats is pretty difficult without a good build. Sure you can quest to end game with pretty much anything but you can't actually DO anything once you're there.

Also is it just me or is it starting to look like this game's ACTUAL content is the guild raids? It's looking like more and more stuff is turning out to be hidden in them.

And that's the new and balanced game? "My class can't do damage as fast as DPS focused ones! Make it op and nerf everyone else!"? Totally worth running the same content every day for 12 more months.

By the time summer's over this thread is just going to be back to "x, y, z = good, everything else = shit". Meanwhile templeshooter will still be the only useful card in this "rebalanced" game and all core issues will remain. But that's fine because your pelt 3 squire 3 templar will finally be viable in TBL and ET.

I think that nothing will top the ability of using 6x shooting star, shield bash, umbos and etc lol . it's basically shinobi for pve or corsair for pvp with only swaaztard (p3r3) in the between

Just go to the npc in front of the tower and look at rewards.

>you can't actually DO anything once you're there.
There's nothing TO do. That's been my entire point.

>this game's ACTUAL content is the guild raids?
Perhaps. The announcement seems like they're trying to bring back field based guild wars too.

Isn't highkick really good though? or what am I missing? is the typical murmillo build:

Pelt3>Rod2
or
Pelt2>Rod3>Shin>Murm?

Also Guardian seems powerful in rebalance. 55% more physical defense cannot be a joke since all armor pieces give armor and Aspersio was heavily modified (worse?)

Just trying to make heads and tails of this shit while I try to do the Shinobi quest in advance. Got any builds for Murmillo (PvE that is semi-ok in PvP) for rebalance? I'm aiming for semi-tanky and high hitting, not necessarily criticals. I feel like in renewal you have to sacrifice so much for it it might not be worth it anymore unless you're a build that can actually buff it up.

Actually Templeshooter got nerfed and each boss card have different scaling based on their boss counterpart. The exact numbers aren't very clear at the moment but they're very noticeable.

>By the time summer's over this thread is just going to be back to "x, y, z = good, everything else = shit".

It happens in every MMO, the class that can output the best damage will be seen as "meta" and thus more viable. The difference now, however, is that while these builds exists now you can STILL clear things with any set-up. In other words, "meta" builds aren't forced down your throat to progress through any content in the game.

Can druids transform into fireballs? They can transform into tables and they can telepathy fireballs and control them. Are they prevented from transforming into them somehow?

>Actually Templeshooter got nerfed
so yeah, another nerf to mages instead of fixing them.

>The difference now, however, is that while these builds exists now you can STILL clear things with any set-up. In other words, "meta" builds aren't forced down your throat to progress through any content in the game.
They aren't now, and you only believe that because of the thread and community. The same thing is just going to repeat itself. You're lying to yourself like it's an absolute fact that's going to changed with this update.

They can't. I don't know what Fireball is called in the database, but most likely it's coded as a "material" type monster while Druid's are limited to monsters considered "normal" types.

I've been clearing content with goodbuilds in ktest.

Nerfing TS was the only way to make everything else viable you moron.

Dude just quit the game. Bitching about changes here isn't going to make the devs change course.

What's the difference between material and normal? They use the same icon

That's a really cute cata in that screenshot.
Who is she? I want to hold her hand.

>Nerfing TS was the only way to make everything else viable you moron.
God forbid they buff something mages have.

You guys need to wake up and stop living in your delusions like you do with every single update to this game.

>Complains about TS being the best
>Bitches about TS becoming the worst

Just quit the game lmao

I don't have delusions. I've quit the game before and came back because I liked some of the changes. Now I'm looking forward to what they are planning. I will just quit if it turns out to be awful, but I don't see things going that way. If you don't like it just quit and play something else.

I'm complaining about them making it weaker instead of just making the other cards better.

They had to nerf it because it does more hits per attack, if they kept it like that it would be doing 60k per hit and it would've made other cards worthless again. Now every other card can do 20-30k per single target while TS does 4-8k AOEs.

have they made a reason to need aoes outside of "defend this" sections yet?

AOEs are necessary for dungeon, TBL and raids. Also, not many people know this but Minotaur with Lethargy hits like a truck.

So if i were to go full meta whore and roll popular korean builds after patch how do i distribute skill points? I'm mainly interested in there two.
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#112226999.354555.4f657a8a95.1545b5.1f355f95a5
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21177aagg.1a2a5a.253a4a55.1a3a4565.2a355a65

Do you not play this game at all?
Why are you so fucking helpless like a braindead retard
People like you make me sick

Rate my patch-ready non-optimal snowflake builds

Pelt3 Squire3 Templar - For guild and utility. Don't worry, I already have a 330 character ready for it, no pain in leveling it up
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333bbbg.254555.16263f426a7581.3f455a6a85.14213545

Wiz3 Link2 Alch3 - For potions basically. Why no Pyro? because I'm sick and tired of that class.
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#211177555.233f476a7585.3a4a55.1e5f667585

Arch2 Quarrel3 Falcon3 - My DPS with Godly auto-attack
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311333eee.1a354a65.1f2f6a75.3f6a8ab5c5

Cleric3 Sadhu3 PD2 - Support, heal and DoT. Yes no Cure fuck off with Cure.
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4111666ee.1f3a5a6575.1f214e5a65.152a355575

Are Velorchord/Tomb lord any good as summons post patch? I always liked Velorchord's design.

>no cure
You might be a retard.

wait, what? how TS was nerfed?

I only have one r8 character and it's neither a sword nor a wiz, don't bully me.

Haven't been able to use those yet unfortunately.

Material basically only exists to make the distinction that Oracles can't change it and Druids can't turn into it and is used for things like the stack of tables for the Silulai mission. Early on in the game they specifically changed the mob "Spectra" into a material type because Druids could turn into it to become permanently invincible.

Isn't there a futa potato-girl you should be erping with right now?

I am currently Sword C2 advancing, what would be better, going the Fencer or Dragoon route?

>class rankings on the website now
>Wizard3 Ele3 Warlock2 is highest

what the fug

because the game isn't fun now. fuck off retard

Meta build for BRs.

It's the same in korea, that's as generic as it gets.

>almost 50000 people quit
>many old builds are still "top"

Whos cute ass is that?

What's a good price for high-DPK orange mats?
2mil is 2much4me.

They go for 1.2m-1.5m on my server but my server is ded.

I have 2 tokens saved up, when do I come back to the game?

the renewal will hit us monday after the maintenance, probably a huge one.

actavting a token right now might be a good idea if you can farm some shekels in the meantime to be prepared