RX-7 vs 944i

Both cars cost the same, which one should I buy?

Which one is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rx-7 rotary is best engine and any 944 is actually gonna be more of a money pit

I forgot to say, the would be used to improve driving skills, night time riding and spontaneous skidding.

I have no problems diving balls deep into mechanics and/or reading the manual. I would like this car to be a project drift car, in long term.

Shoot, I was kinda hoping the 944 would be less expensive and more reliable. I guess this is not necessarily the case?

Also, does the 944 compare to the FB RX7 or the FC RX7? I am confused.

dont buy either im tired of drift fags trashing cars

944 is fc rx7 era the fc is actually a copy of the 944 but you know dont be a drift fag

forgot to add that the suspension designs are way different drivetrain etc but the body is a copy a 944 will cost a fortune in aftermarket but i would sleep better if your dumb drift fag ass crashed one of those instead

I am going to spent the winter learning just how to drive normally. A drift project would come some years from now, if I am even interested in that by then.

I take it the 944 should be a better car, just by the fact that the RX 7 is a literal copy by the Japs? Or am I completely wrong?

Jeez, so you guys never have fun with your cars?

Is it an FC? TurboII model? Then 100% get the RX-7.

The Porsche is non turbo, the FC is the S5 GTUS with 210 Horses.

Both are around 5k where I live.

the fc suspension design is leagues better the chassis design is way the fuck better and the aftermarket is larger the drivetrain is way better designed the japs saw a body style that was popular and copied it

rx7 is a way better choice in any trim just remember drifting ruins cars and instead of abusing it restore it mod it be happy with it

of forgot to add even the brakes are a way better design

Thatnks for the info, but if I want a drift project, what am I supposed to do? Buy a Camry?

Why do you guys always act so uppity about drifting? It's not like I got the car for free

because these cars are getting rare you are sending a car to the junkyard your killing it

youtube.com/watch?v=FqT2uOa1-d0

we love cars we dont like seeing them trashed destroyed sent to a death because some fag wanted to slide around

wut

How on earth is a car that you're gonna need to rebuild the engine every fucking 50k gonna be more of a money pit than a 944?

The 944 will look like melted sex, but both are going to be old claptraps.

Unless you have a dorito preference, might as well go for the 944 and suck it up spending every weekend fixing it and pretending it's still nice.

This, someone explain please. I have some money, but not a lot.

Unless I wrap myself around a tree, it's not like a couple bumps and scratches are the end of the world. Cars won't last forever dude, neither will you or I.

You better have fun while you can, cunts.

Are both cars retarded choices for someone trying to learn driving skills? I can go for a 240sx, it's kinda the same price range desu...
Just don't say Miata, for some weird reason they are super expensive where I live.

Out of all of those, I've only driven a 240SX. I can say of the 240 that it's a good car to learn on if you expect to plunge stupid amounts of money in to worn an beat parts so it doesn't kill you. It's a great car, really.

But what you're doing is you're asking which decrepit thing you're going to sink way more than you paid for it into fixing it back up. It's going to be a labor of love no matter what.

whatever man if you dont get it you never will

944 drivetrain, suspension, and the chassis is hot garbage

>944 drivetrain, suspension, and the chassis is hot garbage
Yeah but the one parked down the road makes me blow a load in my pants errytime until I realize I don't actually want that kind of trouble.

We have fun detailing and wrenching things into autistic perfection.

You can have your fun making tiremarks but its one thing to giggle while sliding about and another thing to actually git gud at drifting; you cant do the latter without enough practice, that means breaking a car though extremely aggressive driving and making mistakes long the way.

>we
>caring this much about how other people have fun with their cars
it's not like it's impossible to keep a drift car up anyways. expensive, but not like it's a straight ticket to the junk yard unless you suck and crash so git gud

cars are art with the though process of nothing lasts forever then no one preserves art

drift cars constantly see major damage from not just walls but other cars

theyre really good looking cars but goddamn are they turds in literally every other way

I just want whoever owns it and keeps it so shiny and nice to let me take it out for a go to get it out of my system. Subsequent beer and BBQ on me.

I'm not really even in to looks when it comes to cars, but cars are so ugly these days you see something nice and it just makes something in your pants start to twitch.

Well, I want a car for this specific purpose. Learn to drive normally, drift later.

Yeah, but it would be my property and I don't really care about your car sexual fetishes. Just looking for some advice, my dude. If you like mint condition cars so much, buy an RX-7 for yourself and never touch it.

Yeah, the safety standards and shit made cowl lines super fucking high. So all this retarded body styling is mostly to try and hide that.

Once you do drive one you will fucking hate it. You can feel the chassis flex and FUCKING SEE IT. The gearing is absolutely retarded. They make shit power and its hard to get power out of them. The suspension is one giant shitfest. Decent brakes though.

like i said youll never get it you drift fags and stance fags are all alike but hell its not the mint condition parts your actively trying your damnedest to ruin cars

mint condition part* it can be a rat trap but take care of it

You have made so many threads you nigger

Do you also fuck your wife very softly in case you might hurt her, you fucking gonadless faggot?

God, you are fucking disgusting.

>You can feel the chassis flex
I don't like that feel. My first car was a shitbox and toward the end of its life the doors would creak during a modest take-off. One time a rear strut blew through the tower. Another time the transmission mount came apart.

Next car was awesome until I fucking nailed the rear into a wall. I didn't understand how much damage had been done to it after being bent back in to shape until I stripped the interior out and saw the wrinkles in the sheet metal. It was always loose and goofy after that, even though it was still a champion.

Current car is stiff enough it's almost boring. So I think for OP's purposes something a little bit shifty but not too much would probably make for a good learning car.

nah im rough as shit in bed and im rough as shit on my cars but im not fucking ruining cars like you fags with that yoloswagbro mindset

Yeah, so? Is there a fucking limit or something? I am in the market for a new car, and I need info.

Plus, this board needs something else than fucking snek vs Autnismo threads.

I don't care, dude. Take it somewhere else, either help me out, contribute in some manner or get the fuck out.

I need a sub 5k car sport coupe that can be used to properly learn driving techniques. Not your drama queen rants.

already helped you out ive been the only guy giving advice all your choices are retarded literally only "sport" cars that are good for under 5 grand are mustangs and camaros

If your budget is $5k then get a fucking shitbox and learn to drive the wheels off it. Worked for me.

>tfw did actually drive a wheel off of it
>not recommended for the casual driver

And I have thanked you for your information, faggot. There's no 5k Mustangs and Camerros in Europe. I would be considering an RX-7 or 944 otherwise.

yeah chassis flex is a shit feeling ik it well being a foxbody fag

What did you drive?

>I wouldn't be considering an RX-7 or 944 otherwise.

FTFM

lol yuropoor honestly if you dont wanna do your own research then your not gonna wanna wrench either

Cut me some slack, I got other projects to work on and interacting with you wonder people, is much more amusing.

That was a 1983 Mazda 323. Brilliant learner's car, since you had to learn to drive it like you're on the track just to keep up with everybody else. It's all about maintaining momentum so you can use all 76HP of fury as close to as possible all the time.

But slow enough so that if you fuck up nothing much happens.

Then get a 3 series bmw.

then your not gonna have time for this cars will be the most time consuming hobby you can pick up it will take up your entire weekends and your afterwork just wrenching and figuring out what to do

That car looks cool, never knew it existed.

Aren't BMW more expensive to maintain than FC's?

and honestly if your already making excuses its gonna sit in your garage and be one of those ill get to it eventually then end up on craigslist as a partly taken apart dusty shitbox

not in yuropoor land have fun fag gotta go to a work party

I am busy now, not during winter. I do cyclic work, summer on, winter off.

Try not to stick to the walls too much, interact with people. See you.

No they aren't. Dont listen to Veeky Forums memes. You can get e36 for almost nothing here

Shit, you are right. I found one for only 2500€

I learned to drive stick on an '80s 3 series. What a hoot.

If you can get one that's not falling apart it'll probably be good.

I'll do some research, seems like most of the 2500 ones are like 300k kms. Not sure if worth it at that point.

But if it came down to the RX-7 or the 944. The Porsche is the way to go, right?

>2500 ones are like 300k kms
I'd have to do some research as well. There's been a big dropoff in BMWs that I see lately, and I live where people tend to drive nice cars. Old BMWs I haven't seen other than a really nice looking convertible (5 series? about the same size anyway) with big for sale signs.

>But if it came down to the RX-7 or the 944. The Porsche is the way to go, right?
Either way, you are looking at mechanical problems and the cost of maintenance. There again, research. I might start at the RX-7 to see whether it's in good condition or already blown out.

Let me know if you find something interesting. I've been looking and I think I'll probably buy the 944.

Cost wise, a nice E36 is going to cost me around the same, and there's a lot of complain about maintenance issues with the BMW when it comes to sensors, spark plugs and other gibberish. The Porsche seems to be an overall better car than the FC, and according to my research, a more reliable one. The only short coming seems to be the fact that replacement parts of the Porsche are a lot more expensive.

I like the Porsche styling better

You know what? Let me tell you what I have never regretted.

I never regretted getting the car that pulled at my heart strings. I only regretted not letting it go when the time came. Cars are like women.

I am swimming in muddy waters. Sad there's no better straight comparison between the FC and the 944.

You want the 944. Get the 944. You're in for some shit either way so at least enjoy the trip.

The FB RX7 competed with the 924, the 944 was an evolved 924 and the FC was Mazda's answer to it.