Is a Toyota paseo a good first shitbox?

Is a Toyota paseo a good first shitbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/p/jdm-toyota-paseo-starlet-tercel-turbo-engine-motor-1-3l-4efte-4e/656710724?iid=332250372492&trdt=0&rdtsrc=vi
race-cars.com/carsales/other/1432741725/1432741725ss.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

It's basically a sporty tercel/echo.

Buy that shit nigga.

I had a Tercel, and I can report that Tercels tend to burn oil and die early; their engines are not robust enough to be called reliable. But, the Paseo had a better engine. Not sure it was THAT much better because I see a lot more old Hondas and Nissans than these, but it's a start.

Don't expect any crash safety.

It should be genuinely fun to drive and a decent handler. It was one of the better manual steering racks I've experienced.

Yes.

it is a quintessential shitbox, so yes.

I had a tercel and it was pretty fun.

Look at that little beast. Get it op.

Yes. I want one but they are rare where I live. Plus ac is weirdly rare

Prepare to bang your head on window sill every couple of days, its seriously like getting into a lambo, theyre comfy as fuck and really sporty. its pretty much a camry engine, 5sfe if I remember correctly. Engine is super reliable and bonus points if you find a 5 speed one

is an idiot and ran his engine with no oild lol. those little engines are rock solid unless you abuse them. I saw a dude that would regularly tow a john boat with one.

Did you mean to quote ?

yeah i have a mate called john kena he has a SICK paseo

How would a Paseo compare to a similarly priced Civic?

they're less than $1000 in my area Salem/Portland OR and the 5sfe is so much less problematic than the VVT-I chain engines.

Depends on what kind of civic.

Paseo a CUTE

I'd love to buy a paseo but there is basically no aftermarket for them here and you can have a ford puma for the same money.

Or an MX-3, and have the actual cutest V6 ever put into a car.

or this. but both, the puma and the mx3 cost more to insure than they are worth here in germany. what i wanted to say is: the paseo is cool but the alternatives are so much better. at least it doesn't cost a fortune to insure.

There is after market for them you just have to look.

Unlike a 90's civic where after market is everywhere.

I had one when I was in highschool. Shit was bulletproof and ran like a top.

Paseo has a tercel engine you nut

The 5efe second gen was put in tercels and is a family relative of the 3e/3ee

My brothers first car was a 93 paseo that later became my first car. Fuckin great little cars

10/10 would drive again

Would a 4age blacktop swap in a Paseo be good?

Yeah its a very common swap

Bog standard Civic coupe of a similar year.

The civic will have much much much more parts available for it.

You can also find second hand parts easily for one compared to a paseo.

The paseo will have you driving a unqiue car that not many other people are familiar with though.

Paseo parts are very robust
The parts span 10 years and even share the same as some 1987 to 1990 toyotas

I had one as a first car. they're light as balls (lighter than a Miata) 5efe engine is SLOW but it's slow car fast fun. it handles like a civic somewhat and the backseats are more usable than a Supra. i have an sw20 now and I fucking loved that paseo so much.... GODDAMN I miss it.
it was comfy, it was cute, it was fuel efficient, it had decent seats and storage, the shifter was the smoothest thing ever, and repairs are unbelievably cheap

Sport Tercel a best.

Do it, you wont regret it. Just try not to think about the fact that it has the exact same dashboard as the Starlet.

Do it, good reliable cars but slow as shit stock
If you want speed you can always swap a 4E-FTE and turn the boost up

those are insanely difficult to find I thought...

Search eBay
ebay.com/p/jdm-toyota-paseo-starlet-tercel-turbo-engine-motor-1-3l-4efte-4e/656710724?iid=332250372492&trdt=0&rdtsrc=vi

Get pic related instead.

>even rarer
>even heavier
>no L67 so even more regret
>no parts for maintenance

Yeah no

has popups tho

>another part to break with no replacement

Still no

Want is at an unsafe level

second vote here for the reatta

omg

Still FWD there?

how is this even a relevant comparison lol
DO IT they're super fun to trash around with a fart cannon on it

okay idk where you're finding these pics but you're gonna have to post more pls

I'll give you a Naruto themed blowjob

RWD with a 160hp 4AGE, it says its for sale for 21k lol

reatta 4 the win !

More on the way, sorry that theyre so small

A little too high for that, what trans did it use?

Have you seen how many parts are available for 90's civics though?

Saenz 5-speed, not very open with information on the tranny though

these are paseos for ants

Wait, is this a company or just some dude taking Paseo's and converting them to RWD?

Sorry, shouldve posted this
race-cars.com/carsales/other/1432741725/1432741725ss.htm

I believe this is just a team that made a few of these for GT3 regulations

Also found this, lol

Oh. Well, the 3ee was the weak, non-durable engine, so I'd be nervous.

yes, and also corollas are reliable and cheap to run.

>3rd gen 3sgte with awd trans
>94 celica fwd diff to replace awd diff
>fwd 3sgte paseo

Paseo always had the 5E-FE.

The 3E-E's weak points are the oil rings and valve stem seals.
New seals and a rering, that engine is good for 500,000 miles.

>car is RHD
>registered in Russia
Explain this shit

We are allowed to have RHD in Russia. But it's quite expensive to import them now from Japan, because politics.

The 5E is actually a lot more related to the 4E engine than the 3E, and the 4E-FE was absolutely bombproof, essentially a 1.3 variant of the 5E-FE used in the Paseo.

A few people have converted Paseos and its quirky brother, the Sera, to 4E-FTE lumps, or turbo'ed the 5E. There's really not that much aftermarket for keeping it N/A, and for the price you'd spend, you'd be best off converting to 4A-GE (slightly different engine mounts) or 4E-FTE, or turbo'ing the 5E (of which the holy grail is the higher comp 5E-FHE).

Are you sure the 4A can fit? I read forum posts where they said cutting and welding was going to be necessary in order to get it into the bay before you put the mounts in. Also, isn't the 4A considerably heavier than the 4E-FTE? Besides, with the 4E you have the turbo out of the box instead of having to convert the 4A to turbo
Also there are videos out there of Corollas with 4Es vs 4As and the 4Es usually win

Can you tell me why there is no car scene in Portland? It has some fucking great twisty roads just waiting to be raced on. I'm going to hit them up as soon as I get my car back in order.

Yeah, my mistake, I got mxed up thinking of something else. I'm not sure about the Paseos, but 4A-GEs have been swapped into Starlets that use a 4E-FE originally. You'd need custom driveshafts, custom engine mounts and there does need to be a chunk cut out of the chassis leg. And obviously loom work.

But that sound tho...

I'll take drop-in and tune ability over sound any day

Some starlets use a paseo block for better engine capacity.