/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Consumed for Estus
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1780AqAa20
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, there seems to be no Spell Buff difference between a Pyromancy Flame +9 and +10. What's the point in upgrading then?

>he isn't making haste right now
THE KING'S DECREE IS NO TRIFLING MATTER

i'm on pc btw. D:

>tfw you're a dragon now
Why aren't you a dragon yet, eh user?

>30 faith
>A scaling talisman
>use lightning spear
>Do more damage with my un-upgraded mace at base STR
Defend this

PCFCBF

remember guys

NO TALKING ABOUT DS1 OR DS2 in this thread

they're "dead games" and only shitters talk about dead games

let's start this thread off right and only talk about Dark Souls 3 ™ : The Fire Fades Edition ™ , a Bandai Namco Games ™ Production powered by From Software ™ Deluxe Edition Season Pass

no other games matter

What we should really do is exclude the Demon and Bloodbourne fags

>a Bandai Namco Games ™ Production powered by From Software ™

I don't know why you're pointing this out as if the previous games weren't development by FROM and published by BAMCO.

1. You're using Lightning Spear, the lowest tier of projectile lightning spells.

2. You only have 30 Faith.

3. You're doing that damage at infinitely longer range than you would have with your un-upgraded Mace, so you're taking zero risk of being hit.

dark souls 2

Is there a dark magic guide like the pure sorcery guide that gets posted here all the time?

spell buff depends on your stats

Anyone else having connection issues since the last two patches? I keep getting time outs and connection errors when trying to get summoned.

Flame upgrades increase scaling, not base damage. You'll get more Spellbuff if you have high enough stats.

PCFCBF
C
F
C
B
F

what game

Guess that means we can't talk about any of the games then, because there's nothing original about Dark Souls 3, it lifts literally all of its content from the first two superior games.

All I know is that it's shit, and you get the best bang for your buck at 45/45.

>41 shields
>37 helms
>38 armors
>49 gauntlets
>49 pants

fukken kill me famm

This is at 35/35, so it seems strange there wouldn't be any difference in scaling. especially since going from +8 to +9 gave 3 points i believe.

DS3

Dark Magic is shit? That's depressing to hear. So, pyromancy is the better option, then?

Why are people so desperate for that miracle?

Just use Lightning Blade until you get the ears.

it's about the achievo

it's a joke about how bandai namco did trailers for DS1

youtube.com/watch?v=o1780AqAa20

From doesn't get top billing in their own games, that always goes to Bandai or Japan Studio instead

Because it's really good against Dragonslayer Armor and... uh...

I guess that's it.

dark magic requires innovation and being well acquainted with what youre fighting and what youre fighting with. if you just spam great dregs, it's shit unless youre just pveing

pyromancy is more of the same but a little less punishing

>here's some shit you were never intended to look at!
>Dark SOuls 2 is bad guise do i fit in yet xdd

>inb4 the ps1 trees

dmb will almost always outdamage lightning blade due to lightning resistance coming from endurance and magic resistance coming from int.

It's showing that those are archtrees you autist.

What are the best talismans/chimes besides Yorshka's?

Kinda a ways from NG+, and I don't think I can bring myself to kill her anyway.

Hey faggots,
My name is Eygon, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, doddering degenerates who spend every second of their day poking around in cells. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever deflowered a maiden? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take it to a whole new level. This is even worse than leaving "try tongue but hole" messages.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I am a knight of Carim, and my mace requires 50 Str/40 Fth. What do you do, other than “jack off to Dark Sun Gwydolin fanart”? I also , have a banging hot girlfriend (She just casted projected heal on my dick; Shit was SO cash). You are all frail maidens on the frontlines who should just find a coffin to huddle up inside. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

Lmao at these 2 samefags thinking

>when ds3 dies everyone will flock back to ds2
>thinking most of the general is not playing ds3
>thinking anyone wants to play ds1 or ds2 with how broken or boring they are respectively

NO ONE ever ask for co-op in ds2 or ds1. Maybe 2 people a month.

No one EVER ask for fight clubs or duels in ds1 or ds2.

Stop talking about them and let's enjoy ds3 until it's dead too. And please stop same fagging about ds2 and ds1. No one cares about your snow flake character doing a solo and empty run in those games.

>Try to cockblock
>hardly ever get summoned
>try to invade
>every single invasion is either hide and seek for 30 minutes until the host plugs his router from the wall or a 3 man twink gank squad waiting for you with hacked gear

i just wanted some pvp

>King's decree
>there's no King in the Ringed City

Really fires up those neurons.

Because Archdragon Peak is really fucking far away and Dragonform is absolutely dog shit compared to Bloodborne transformations and its literal own concept art.

I'm trying SL1 Midir, wanted to try with the dragonslayer axe but turns out I didn't do the fucking quest on this character

could someone drop one for me?

Whose the slut?

Why aren't her feet on my dick?

>pretty much perfect
>straight up kills himself like a bitch when his maiden becomes a firekeeper
Yeah, real alpha male there

yo can I please get someone on PC to drop onyx blade or SSS in high wall lothric? pw: dsg

post the scooby doo webm pls

sure dropped by the elevator ;)

Eygon BTFO! How will he ever recover!

Do I want to use a chime or a talisman?

NOBLES VERSUS PEASANTS: /dsg/ showdown

Participants will be matched up with others who sign-up and fight for the claim to be /dsg/'s champion on May 19th, 5pm PST. The winner and runner-ups will receive prizes including Steam games and being better than everyone else who fought.

Sign-up sheet: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

For the sake of organization either your Steam ID or a Discord ID will be needed to sign-up. If using only one Steam IDs will be organized via that channel and Discord users can join the accompanying server in the link above to ensure we don't have last minute drop-outs with no explanation.

RULES:
-There will be two teams: Peasantry and Nobility. Once you’ve made the choice you can’t go back. Both teams have a certain list of approved weapons you can check on the sign-up sheet. Not following the rules results in a disqualification (and public shaming) -Since this is a low level tournament a maximum Soul Level of 80 is allowed. Someone with CE open will be monitoring all players to make sure this rule and others aren't broken.
-The starting location will be High Wall, followed by Undead Settlement and ending at Lothric Castle.
-Fights are best of 3
-Each fight is 2 minutes long, the one with the most % health left at the end will win if both are alive.
-Only two Ashen Estus sips per fight, any more and your win will not count, initiating a rematch. Do this twice and you are disqualified
-All Regen items and spells are banned to disincentive passive shittery. This includes Sun Princess Ring, spells like Bountiful Sunlight, and anything infused with Blessed.
-Normal FC rules still apply such as no healing items. Fight rotation will be determined once brackets are set.
-Requirements to join: Discord and/or Steam ID for organization purposes If people don't respond a week prior to the tournament and they've signed up, they're disqualified

:^)

>let's enjoy ds3 until it's dead
Nobody enjoys this shit.

I wanted the battle of stoicism gazebo to be revealed as a new duel location so much. With the background music and everything.

Sadly, no.

I bet it would have looked gorgeous in 3's engine.

chimes have more spellbuff, but talismans have hyperarmor. depends on what you need for the situation.

you must be new to Veeky Forums

>he doesn't even know the required stats for his weapon
loving
every
laugh

I can do that for you, I'll leave a sign

which one do you want?

character name: Niko

wow!!

both would be awesome. want to try them out on new guy

Is lightning good against Friede?

Why are you even here?

>get invaded in woods
>twink invader with dark hand and thorns armor with a parry tool and hornet ring
>start whipping the ever living shit out of him
>he sips and runs into the level

Why are twink invaders little bitches? They think they are good for killing pve noobs who don't know how to play yet

But I am.

you can still talk about souls without doing pvp or co-op in DS3

crazy idea, huh?

you ever ringswap so hard you fuck up the next ringswap by forgetting to swap your rings back

thanks man!

>that model
lmao literally what were they thinking?
Who the fuck designed that and thought it was good?

>tfw a dragonsis never invaded you and you don't play das3 anymore

>in woods get invaded
>some memelord named "Giant Dad"
>walks up to me and does the welcome gesture
>kick his motherfucking shit in for that disrespect

>invades again
>do booty blasted he doesn't bother with the taunt and tries to run attack me
>kick his ass again then point down after a good fight
>press record to watch his ass beating later

no worries

Because this isn't Dark Souls 3 general.

I mean what the fuck do you want? Some generic scalie bullshit or what? I think it's better than the ones in 1 and especially 2.

Use gnaw you autist

>damage increase
>and stamina consumption reduction

dude spin2win lmao

2 was living ornstein armor

1 was so bad it was funny

3 is just ugly

Just go to the arena user :^)

What if the world we played DkS 1-3 in was just another painted world and the first flame only came to be because the painting itself caught fire?

Maybe it's supposed to be decrepit and ugly, user.

>PUGS damage increased
>PUGS stamina consumption reduced
Jesus fucking Christ.
>sized down the hitbox a little bit
Let's be serious. Not only is it one, but two ultra greatswords. Two ultra greatswords that the player spins around and flips with. The hitbox is still going to be fucking insane.

Way to kill off your online activity even harder then before, Miyazaki.

then why would you need to keep the flame going with each cycle? If it was a painted world on fire, the fire would just consume everything instead of dark.

So bleed then?

and most players

i have a feeling the tracking will be completely gone so if you dodge the first hit, all the other hits will whiff.

No, use gnaw for its incredible raw damage

the AI's definitely have input reading right? If I just stand there and do nothing they do nothing too but the instant I attack they'll whip out their combo

>the AI's definitely have input reading right?
Yes.

I'd say way to kill yourself but you're still fucking alive for some reason

yep. that's how hodrick and occasionally kriemwhore can reaction parry your first attack

>look like emaciated deer roadkill
>"what the fuck do you want? Dragonform to actually resemble a dragon??"
>generic scalie bullshit, meanwhile dragonfags keep posting trash art that looks nothing like the in-game model

Yeah user, I'm out of line here. Completely unreasonable.

Maybe intentionally making something look like a piece of garbage doesn't mean that making a piece of garba ge was a good idea?

Both 1 and 2 look more draconic than 3, God at least the heads are to scale instead of that retarded noodle shit with huge horns.

It's utter trash and proof that furshit is a mental illness. I could post an image of a hairless dead raccoon and they would draw a fat ass version of it to fap to.

it's not david cronenberg ugly, it's garbage pail kids ugly

They are nerfing the dumb tracking. Most classes actually deserve nerfs to tgeir tracking anyway since by mashing r1 you never miss someone outside iframes.
Halberds can still do 180 turns

>they don't even try to have stone scales

L M A O

Yeah it's great. I love input reading. It's only the second worst way to make things more difficult! (the worst is giving them a shitload of health and damage for no good reason)

hopefully this means that the 2UGS locks you into a single direction once you start the combo, so that it's much more easily punished.

SO lightning isnt good? I was planning on using the dragonslayer greataxe, since I have a lot of strength. Also is gnaw really that strong?

the hp and damage is just because they need to compensate for being a retarded npc. once you know they input read, you can just spam weapon arts and unparryable attacks to cheese them.

the 2 gnaw spells are pretty underrated. they bleed everything super quick. use dorhys if you can

From Soft usually has enemies operate on the same mechanics as players (even having their attacks mapped to actual controls) but give them absurd buffs like infinite poise or infinite stamina.

Hardest from soft boss (final zinaida) was basically a normal player character with perfect tracking, infinite stamina and complete resistance to overheating. Souls bosses are at least designed with the intent of a player beating them a certain way.

who needs tracking lmao
who needs the combo lmao

>timed match
>pontiff arena

what?

>trying to trade blows with a 2UGS with a plow rolling attack instead of waiting for the end of the animation and then poking

that guy deserved to get combo'd to death

Pontiff's backyard was added to the arena locations, but they made it more like a DMC4 Bloody Palace stage.

It really just sounds like you want the most generic design possible to me.
>generic scalie bullshit, meanwhile dragonfags keep posting trash art that looks nothing like the in-game model
Who the fuck was even talking about those idiots? Part of why I love the character and monster designs in these games is that they take something well-known in mythology and do their own thing with it, and the dragon form in DaS3 does that for me. It looks like a fucking abomination that shouldn't exist and yet it does.

It's round plaza
undead match's flat arena

anyone who can't outspace any ultra needs to get euthanised