Other urls found in this thread:

philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1972-suzuki-ts90-good-shape/6212038874.html
dailywire.com/news/19281/russian-sexy-motorcyclist-killed-crash-hank-berrien
twitter.com/AnonBabble

got my pa permit today, and hopefully picking up this over the weekend

>philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1972-suzuki-ts90-good-shape/6212038874.html

yamaha a best

First for scrambler edition

Visit vintage Jap motorcycle forums and download or buy a factory service manual.

Indian a best

Adventure bike is best bike
Trail riding is best riding

That looks more like a dirt road than a trail.

God, the summerfag is real
Harley guy, gsposter
Anyone of you wants to do the honors and drag this thread to the limit?

Nobody posted a GS in this thread, dum dum. Plus it has been a meme for literal years.
Consider riding off a cliff.

Whats the difference?

Holy hell do I miss riding, has only been 14 days. Stitches due to be removed tomorrow, hoping to be back on the bike for the weekend.

Trail has much less width. Also usually has rougher terrain.
You would take dirt roads to a trail to get lost innawoods.
I don't disagree trail riding is one of the best tho.

What's the quietest and best high speed touring helmet for the Autobahn? Schuberth?

ear plugs

a helmet still has to go over those

True but quietness isn't as big of an issue with them.
What's even a touring helmet for you? Modular, with built-in sunscreen and intercom-ready?

Would have been a lot more attracted to the new Bobber if it didn't have that black headlight cowl. Seems backwards for Indian to add extra parts to a Bobber styled bike but at the same time I do understand that they'd likely be getting just as much shit for not differentiating enough if they had used the more minimal Scout headlight. Can't please everyone. I don't doubt that Indian will make some good coin off the Bobber, but the entire concept of manufacturers selling "pre-bobbed" bikes seems silly to me, they can't even get away with legally removing or significantly chopping the fenders.

I'm getting urges to mod the shit out of my bike again.
What should I do?

At that point helmet is only for safety.

anything conducive to airflow above 160 that won't try to pitch your head with the vents open, won't fog, and worn day/night?

Then you are right, that is a dirt road.
The trail started a bit further into the forest.

fampai, you don't have to try so hard
it's great to have newcomers in this thread, especially given our higher mortality rate
the guys i mentioned are scripters who used to flood cancerous threads

I have a Shoei XR-1100
It's not a touring helmet but fits all those criteria.

>Here's my assless chaps fagmobile
>It's not a Harley tho so it's cool
>Even though it's the same

Red pill me on the fz 10 bros

Should've gotten the 01/10

SACHS 175 57' 10,4BHP MASTERRACE

Am I reckless?

you should probably try on one of the BMW isle of man tt helmets before you make a statement like that

Yes.

Rate my bike senpai
47cc/60kmph

I see metal and wheels, but where's the bike?

For the dual sporters here, what are your preferred street oriented tires? The only "off-roading" around me is dirt roads that I like to "drift" through turns on. A mortard conversion is too expensive, I just want a [

Rude

The 705 isn't bad at all, quite a few local guys have them on their DR650s KLRs KTM990s, they all seem to moto in the twisties just fine on them.

I want more money for bike parts

I means you have a very small but pure baiku heart

I'll be back in the spring, with my restored 1957 150cc Sachs and 'real' motorcycle license

How many of you don't mind biking in the rain? I'm looking for tips on gear and strategies to make rain biking more enjoyable

> Michelin tires
> full rainsuit or gore-tex pullovers
> non-slip boots

I have 705 on one bike and 244 on another.
I ride the bike with the 244s more often and have never had an issue on street or dirt. Love those tires.
The 705 seems ok too. But havent had much time with them since i put them on

from all i've heard the brakes are shite and the seat gets uncomfortable really quickly, but it's really nimble and fast as fuck

Ride the fucker until shit breaks and you need to replace it.
I'd only do extensive mods if it's a bike I know I'm going to keep for a long time. OR, mod it and then when you sell it, revert it back to stock and sell the leftover parts separately.

i have a shoei neotec dad helmet and i love it

I used to love driving in the rain because you feel alive; either you slip and die or come home safe. Nowadays my hearing aids amplify the sound of raindrops falling on my helmet to migraine-inducing levels.
To answer your question, i'd usually don on a high-vis vest, waterproof gloves for improved grip and open my visor because else I couldn't see because of the haze

Get a rainsuit and pack it with you

A $60 joe rocket rain suit got me through a notoriously wet winter commuting every day.

Only recently did the zipper on the legs break, i'll probably buy a nicer suit for my new one but it kept me very very dry

I commute and run errands in rain, but I don't go joy riding for no reason in the rain.

I wear axo kalahari jacket/pants, non-waterproof axo leather gloves, and alpinestars mx boots. I've never gotten wet.

I have heated grips, so the leather gloves stay mostly dry unless I am stuck in slow traffic.

If I rode more on highways in rain I would consider putting some rainx or equivalent product on my visor to reduce raindrops.

forgot to add, I have a helmet with pinlock and breathguard. so fogging is never an issue. most new helmets have this.

>Rainsuit (hi-vis better)
>Waterproof gloves
>Well vented helmet or with good pinlock
>Good tires
Keep a good distance with vehicles ahead and dont try to Rossi into the corners.
Rain is confy.
Wind is the real fucker.

>first time ever cleaning/lubing chain on bike
>it sat for 3 years with new chain and sprockets on
>watching the chain come to life, beautiful, silver, and happily treading with little whispers as opposed to roaring clacks like before

Rainsuit in one x above what you normal wear, then wear it over what you usually wear.
You can get them as surplus dirt cheap.

Just did my first chain adjustment. Instead of using the adjustment marks on the swingarm, I took at caliper and measured the distance from where the adjustment screw goes into the swingarm and where it meets the axle block. made it the same on both sides and it seems to ride straight.

Any better way to check alignment?

Like $30-40 USD for a complete set of Norwegian military surplus

Make sure the axle blocks are identical on both sides, they are different on my dirtbike so that method doesn't work on this bike. I just always go by the markings

Selling my R3 to some girl, what bike should I get next?
I'm thinking CBR600RR or R6.

>Any better way to check alignment

Yes, measure from the center of the swingarm pivot bolt to the center of the axle on both sides. The cut out for the adjusters on the swingarm MAY not be the same. until you measure from the swingarm pivot bolt you won't know.

Sweet. I thought about that afterward but I didnt notice anything during a test ride. Gonna doublecheck.

>even though its the same

The only thing thats the same is the assless chaps and leather fringe, this bike BTFO Hurley.

About that same as me/10
Now that I have a new camera I can record new clips to show my autistic friends on a Mongolian plywood stacking enthusiasts picture service how fast I can endanger myself in traffic.

Yeah, its a pretty conservative move to try and pry a few more customers from HD.

Hopefully theyll have a real new model soon.

Aprilia Tuono, KTM Super Duke, BMW S1000R >

why those two?

Measured both sides from pivot bolt to axle and they appear the same, but my rearsets get in the way of my measuring tape. Since it appears fine, ill leave it as is since I go in for a service in ~250 miles ill have them check it. If its fine, then I know i can do that from now on, if not, ill just figure out how to do the pivot bolt measurement.

Thanks for the suggestions senpai

Some famous roastie Russian motogrammer died

dailywire.com/news/19281/russian-sexy-motorcyclist-killed-crash-hank-berrien

>rode bmmr in lingerie
>died and left her teenage daughter alone

BMW riders amirite?

> be me
> 2012 buy first motorcycle, old jap standard
> reasonable driver, look out for other drivers
> slow down when when there's the smallest hint of unexpected behaviour
> never push limits
> 2014 sell old bike and buy a sports tourer because of ABS and other safety features
> now attending a safety course every year
> put time and effort into learning the right technique and mindset of correct road motorcycling
> never do anything risky, always knowing i have enough power to rocket into the sun itself
> never try anything that produces useless mechanical strain
> never did anything non streat legal besides of occasional speeding
> 2017 sell old bike and get a supermoto
> throw out catalysator
> throw out airbox
> do wheelys
> do burnouts
> do stoppies
> splitt lanes
> overtake whenever i can
> always WOT
> footpegs scraping on nearly every corner
> do gymnastics at 120 km/h
> do shortcuts over sidewalks
> drifting throu city traffic
> overtaking city traffic via bike lane while pretending to pedal

those things are the meth of the two wheeled world

>Roastie died
Good

>back pack was supposed to come in today
>got in yesterday so I missed it
>had to wait for today to pick it up anyway

wew

Also, wtf do I do with all these Revzilla stickers

the one redeeming quality about my bike is that the next bike I own will feel like an absolute dream to ride

what happened to your hearing? was it moto-related?

> overtaking city traffic via bike lane while pretending to pedal

I'd get a bike with more low end torque desu. Torque >
I've ridden a R6 on the street it was the lamest thing, cool looking bike though.

It happened because I'm quite old

God dam I love sumo

Surely I must be missing something. When I'm spinning the back tire or lifting the front up on my CBR600rr, I've never thought "gee, you know what this bike needs? More torque!"

just looked at the crash pics
didn't look too mangled but she was facing down

Yeah but in order to do that you have to get it past like 8k RPMs. Low end torque is just fun. I like having that power down low then having to constantly rev to get something.

You can lift a 250 and spin the back wheel too...

I have a Daytona and that was more fun to ride than my buddy's R6 on the street

>75 year old
>On a Canadian bucket enthusiast BBS
what

> implying thats not something we all secretly want to do

try it out next time you pass a qt on a bicycle.
slow down to her speed, look at her. start to pedal, then continue riding
if she got any humour and you are not riding a 500€ shitbike with anime stickers on it, i garantee you a positiv response

You are missing something, the low end torque from a liter, or a twin/triple just make them so much easier and more enjoyable to ride than a 600 i4 where you have to worry about where you are in the rev range so you don't lie the motor. It's not like it makes the 600s bad bikes, it's just an annoyance compared to others.

Thank you. This is what I meant.
I'm not dogging on 600s they're fun, but on the street torque is always nice.

You getting close to getting one?

Being here is way more interesting than watching TV like those braindead people in nursing homes; at least I still look cool driving my er6-n to my grandchildren; I dread the day the bike will be too heavy to handle and I need something smaller

>dop bike in lot
>broken signal and mirror
>signal $35
>mirror $70
Ebay here we go

>Slide bike on gravel road doing 20km/h
>Only gets a couple scratches in the plastic, nothing else wrong
Such is the drz life

>those things are the meth of the two wheeled world

And it's fucking glorious.

I do it on my bike. It's fun af.

Taking my BRC class this weekend
Any advice for a /nobike/ on how to not look a fool while learning?

>started riding a sumo

I don't think I ever want to ride anything else lads. Once you start and realize the hooning potential you can't go back

why do most chink bikes have a gear indicator?
I thought asians were supposed to be smart, they can't remember what gear they're in?

I have a small crack in my case because the shifter got bent into it. Case savers are coming in the mail next week

mfw people post
>supermotos are better than sportbikes because sportbikes are likely to get you sent to jail for riding outside the law
As if they are law abiding citizens on a supermoto

Just missed your birthday.

Happy dubs 77 dude.

The upright seating position makes you look like you dindu nuffin. Cops go after sport bikes because they look fast

>cops go after sport bikes because they look fast
I've never had a cop chase me. They usually just assume sportbike = run and don't even bother.

>dirt bikes
>innocent looking
Fucking kek