Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

First edition.

This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and the currently in beta Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

Shoot dem gooks in between the eyes.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/418460/Rising_Storm_2_Vietnam/
rs2vietnam.com/
systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just got a steam key, downloading game right now.

First for Hueys

HYPE

HELPFUL LINKS
>Rising Storm 2 Steam Page
store.steampowered.com/app/418460/Rising_Storm_2_Vietnam/
>Rising Storm 2 homepage
rs2vietnam.com/

If you prepurchase the game you can join the beta ongoing RIGHT NOW.

How long is the beta?
I have prepurchased it

Nobody knows. At least until Monday.

11th-15th

What is everyone's favorite weapon so far? I love the scoped M14 the US marksmen get. It seems far more accurate that the gook Dragunov.

Alright I guess im gona binge on it

>been sick for the first part of week
>skipped university that I already have a lot of debts this semester
>planned to study after getting better, in the weekend
>IT AIN'T ME starts playing

How do you change to the Vulcan cannon while being a Cobra gunner? I can only fire the grenade launcher for some reason.

Is it better than Red Orchestra 2?

>Gave up hope of beta key long ago
>Get one on last wave, which starts on my birthday

>really want to play the game
>don't preorder it to get 100% access to beta
>especially when it's on your birthday
just buy it as a birthday present for yourself

In my opinion: yes. Desperately needs tanks and shit, though.

>OH BOY
>get a msvcp110.dll error
why

Get a what now?

>Be M60 gunner
>Hide behind crest of hill
>mow down 30 gooks in like less than 5 minutes
>Blufor Commander artilleries the hill
>Kills me
>Gooks overun the hill after the barrage
>Commander doesnt even apologize

Also holy fuck no one knows how to use choppers, they are fucking death traps with all these inexperienced pilots.

What's the verdict for the game for those of you playing for a while? I'll get paid tomorrow and buy this for me and a couple of friends (if it's at least as good as the first).

its good fun

>played for almost 2 hours
>can recommend it
If that means jack shit

It's not bad.

Its very chaotic when you first hop in. A few maps are very very grindy, basically you just butt heads in choke points until one side breaks through, but RO2 was the same way on some maps. The Game has pretty good potential.

Although one thing I noticed is a lot less teamplay compared to previous RO, and RS titles, but that could be because its in BETA, and every ones just getting the hang of their own shit before trying to synergize their efforts with otheirs.

Some of the weapons are kind of memey though, and placing tripwire mines isnt intuitive nor is placing tunnels.

>a lot less teamplay
this will happen for a while, either until scrubs learn the game or drop it for the new CoD

forgot
>t. scrub who hopes to learn

what kind of annoys me is that nobody plays commander yet

Thanks anons, ill definitely pick it up then.

Seriously though how do you switch weapons in a Cobra gunship?

Also: how 2 play commander and how to play telephone guy?

commander, go to radios and ask SLs for marks to order arty on gooks
telephone guy, follow commander to supply him with mobile radio

I'm kind of liking this game.
But the game looks too dark for me, can not distinguish shit.

Have you tried turning up gamma?

X to switch weapons

definitely worth buying

try to get the default brightness everything above = white map for me
everything below = black char and can't see shit in general

Anyone else have a problem with the game audio slowing down and glitching out?

is anyone elses map on the spawn screen insanely bright and you can't see shit

use the command Gamma and Brightness in game to fine tune it

~ to open the console
Type Gamma "Number" I have it at 1.7 as a reference for you

We're back, lads. Bring out the old memes.

Territory > Supremacy

>Been working hard on essays all week
>On the final one now, only 1k words left
>Due Monday
>It Aint Me starts playing
>mfw

reminder that the refund timer on prepurchased games only starts once it actually releases, i.e. you can buy beta access and refund whenever you want

>18 round mags
but why?

Whats up with kinguin having keys for like 12€?
Anyone know what's up with that?
Are they keys for the full game or for the beta? Digital deluxe or normal version?
It's really odd for it to be that cheap before it's even out.

Whenever I press the apostrophe key on my keyboard, the console opens. Can I remap the console button so I can actually properly type ingame?

Is there a downside to attaching bayonets?

They don't work.

>tfw play on toaster.

i think so

is there any reason for me not to just attatch a bayonet as soon as i spawn?

also what server is everyone playing on? is there a merril's mauraders 2.0 yet

Is it me or does it feel more arcady?

Nah, but it promotes playing in a more arcadey gamestyle which was already possible in RO2. The automatic weapons enforce that illusion.

There's no stamina, so maybe a little.

I hope there's a hardcore mode on launch. Sometimes I feel like people will eat 5 rounds and not go down.

Probably because its missing the hardcore setting. I also noticed the "free aim" isnt as sensitive as RO2/RS

>I feel like people will eat 5 rounds and not go down
Welcome to actual realism bub

>eat half a mag directly to the chest
>dont even flinch
>actual realism

are the gooks on bath salts

Vital organ shots count more than you'd imagine.

adds weapon length so you cant shoot as close to walls, tiny difference

You're not eating 5 5.56 rounds in the chest and continuing to fight in any meaningful way.

Is there a reason that napalm is totally invisible? I've wandered into it twice in as many games, on both sides even.

The rpg feels so good

I got a key to Wave 7, but can't play it, so first person to reply (with email) gets key.

List of Complaints that I'm too lazy to make a tripwire account for:

>C4 is bugged to shit, you will deploy it, and then 10 seconds later it will dissapear
>All traps including C4 are bugged to shit, and its a PITA to fucking deploy them. Only bearable trap so far has been the VC mines.
>Some areas are bugged for proning so if you crawl on top of them it makes you stand up. I''m talking about tiny little ledges on flat ground, like a baby mole hill makes you stand up.
>Napalm kills a lot further than the actual fire. I understand theres heat. But if I cant feel, it, see it, or smell it, how the fuck am I supposed to avoid it? I guess eventually I'll learn the distance for a kill with napalm, but its fucking annoying not getting any indication that maybe its fucking hot towards the area you are approaching.
>A few wooden fences wouldnt let 5.56 penetrate, but a grenade on the otheirside kills
>Some retards have figured out how to modify the config files to make their text large and bright colored.

eveonlinepizza a t gmail.com

Here is your (you).

Thanks Friendo.

Can SLs only mark for arty with smoke now? How does it work?

>vietnamese voiceover is terrible engrish instead of native language

big mistake

how do i git gud with the rpg? i can only hit transport helicopters when they are coming in to land

>infinite sprint and no fatigue in a "realistic" game

cod4 was more tactical than this trash lmoa. also wtf is this poor excuse of a soundtrack

How to play with flamethrower? I die half the time trying to move up, and when I get in a position to kill someone there's always a retard on my team that runs into the flames.

Can someone upload the Vietnamese and American victory themes to Youtube? The American theme is particularly good.

Is anybody else having problems with frame drops? No matter what I settings are, I get the same performance.

Its weird, the game runs at a fairly solid 60, but occasionally shits itself and freezes for a second.

Hope this is just beta being beta.

If my previous experience with flamethrower operators in rising storm is anything to go by, its that you cook your team mates and laugh at their burning corpses.

It's not nearly as occasional as I'd like for me

This soundtrack is pretty on point so far, any idea when they're releasing it?

Do you guys think my pc could run it on lowest settings? Intel Q9300 2.5GHz, 4gb ddr2, geforce 8800 gts 512mb

>dude try and folk the stock out lmao
What kind of iron sight is this shit? Where do the bullets even go now?

systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

>Detection.exe

Only real problem I have is when playing as gook and trying to put down traps or spawn holes.
I run around like a retard to find a place to put them down as the game refuses to show where I can and can't do it.

Sometimes there is a flash of red silhouette but mostly it's just pure luck when finding the right spot.

Tuyên truyền

>like that weapon customization is available from the start and that levels only unlock cosmetic shit for your character
>don't like that they took away the slowly dying animations or major gibs

How does Vietnam do compared to the gameplay of RO2 and RS?

I found that Rising Storm was boring, because it was always like enemy waves vs enemy waves, and it was quite linear. There wasn't like different ways to fight... only run forward... wait for artillery... run forward... repeat.

Shit got boring after a day, and I'm scared that the same will happen to Vietnam, in the similar kind of jungle maps. I think that I'll just play it to try a Red Orchestra game with more modern guns... but that I'll get bored really quickly of the same kind of semi-linear gameplay.

Hopefully they will allow modding and add better game modes in this game too.

>huy city
>an lao valley
>hill 937
just these 3 over and over, i don't even know what the other maps look like

>How does Vietnam do compared to the gameplay of RO2 and RS?
It's a lot faster paced in my opinion. It has the problem that a lot of cod/battlefield shit idiots are playing right now and they aren't at all useful.
RS had the problem where it was super easy to just go prone in a bush somewhere and I haven't encountered that problem yet.
Balance still needs some tweaking, I think all the American commander abilities need to have their cooldown increased a little bit.

>I found that Rising Storm was boring, because it was always like enemy waves vs enemy waves, and it was quite linear. There wasn't like different ways to fight... only run forward... wait for artillery... run forward... repeat.

it's still like that and bush camping feels even stronger in this game especially on jungle maps

What do you think of the replayability? Do you think it will get boring and repetitive quickly? Especially if all the guns are unlocked at the start... I know some people were hooked to RO2 just to unlock the STG44 with the scope. So the level progression kind of made them play more just for the unlock.

Where the fuck is the unscoped mosin this wave? is it an unlock now? Also is there joystick support yet?

marks are the smoke grenades SL have?

any aus servers? any aussies know?

total noob faggot who is bored, should I give it a go?

new meme pic
scout is fun as shit

There's only 5 or 6 maps right now, I'm not even sure because for some reason this happens.
I would imagine they will add in more guns/maps later, and I want to get to level 55 or whatever it is for the aviators for my black dude.

There's at least 1 full one.

yes and the binocs. Binocs are going to be far more accurate but the smoke works when you're up close and just need to get something down with out dying. and for general reference as both TL and SL marking on the far side of a objective is best. Arty is a deterrent first,so stopping the enemy from reaching the point while you can is the tactic

>mfw playing as US

What does that pile of leaves HUD overlay mean when you're crouched or prone? And how do I disable it?

Are there any plans for larger maps that make more use of the Hueys?

>One of the squad leaders in VOIP starts speaking in a highly exaggerated Viet accent.

It shows up when playing as Vietnamese.
It means you are hidden from spotter planes.
So basically laying down or not moving or being in a tunnel makes them show up and that means you don't show up on the enemies map when spotter planes are overhead. Pretty cool

But this is fun.

Also all the racial slurs and vietnam-era catchphrases.

Hueys are a fucking gimmick, half of the time the pilot thinks he's a gunship and keeps players spawned in the back hostage.

Remember to spray all flying things with AKs every time you see them, chances are you hit the passengers.