Are leather seats a meme?

Are leather seats a meme?

I've never really found them pleasant to sit in during drives. or is it just me being a poorfag

It's a meme, they are worse than carpet seats, feels like a frying pan in the summer, feels like a block of ice in the winter

Real leather is nice but it requires too much maintenance. What you get in speced up econoboxes is generally plastic leather.

This man speaks the truth

I used to not be a huge fan.

Leather is definitely more comfortable, but it also is hot as balls literally all the time.

Now that ventilated seat technology can cool leather seats, Id say LeatherSeats are the master race now.

I had leather seats in my Volvo s70, and they were the comfiest leather seats I've ever sat in, but I think cloth seats are generally better. Volvo just makes a comfy seat

Nah, they're less comfortable. But they generally don't absorb odors and stains. Same reason leather furniture has a resale value to it while cloth furniture tends to get thrown out with a FREE sign taped to it.

unless you drive naked you dont even feel the leather. Although its super nice having a nice leather steering wheel or center console. I once drove a $100k Lexus LX470 and that center console leather felt like the smoothest supermodel ass rubbing on my elbow and arm, I was literally getting hard from it

I like them in cool weather for cruising, When it gets hot or you start throwing the car around I hate them.

It depends on the car. Some leather is shit and doesn't breathe at all. Like in my friend's silverado. The leather in my volvo breathes better and is ventilated to boot.

This.

Even faux leather sucks because it ages and creases much more rapidly than cloth seats do.

quality textile is the patrician choice
leather is good if you have rugrats that puke, piss and throw milk all over to turn sour

This right here. Most vehicles use cheap fake leather now.

The only things I'll add are that

>Ventilated seats remove heat problems in the summer (especially with remote start and climate adjuster)

>Leather seats are so much easier to clean and keep clean if you're a dog owner

Leather > Cloth

Work suv has leather .

Hate that I slide around on the seats.

Like that it's ez to clean

That's why you get heated and air conditioned seats.

but they still get clammy and slimy if you sweat

You need to spend like ~70k to get real leather. Even then I'd take the cloth seats in a work truck over a rock hard German leather interior.

Are there any current "luxery" cloth interiors these days?
Like are there any $50,000+ cars where I can get cloth?

I had a great uncle that worked for a Pontiac/Buick dealership for decades. He always had to have leather seats in his cars. Because he thought cloth wore out too quickly. He also insisted on crank windows and manually control mirrors, because electronics were just more to go wrong.

>Leatherette material
Cloth with faux leather inserts

>Premium cloth
More stain resistant and tough to tear.

>All terrain material
Not quite cloth, not quite leather. My favorite material. Found in Z71 Colorado's and all terrain GMC trucks

fuck leather that shit burns and is slippery

Can be comfy, but I prefer fabric.

cloth absorbs farts

leather does not

>cloth absorbs farts
you say that like its a bad thing

So you could pay even more to have the convenience of cheaper cloth seats?

>Like are there any $50,000+ cars where I can get cloth?
Porsches 911 are available with Alcantara instead of leather

The only car I've driven with leather seats was my mom's Toyota avalon. It has no side bolsters at all so you take a turn at higher than 5 mph you slide around

>Are leather seats a meme?

The fact that you feel it necessary to ask such a question tells me you've simply never had a car with a proper leather interior.

If its a brand new land cruiser or BMW you should be killed for getting cloth

Definitely, they fucking suck in extreme heat and cold. Add heaters and ventilation all you want, there's still the few minutes when you first get into it where it's either on fire or a block of ice and you have to wait for it to become bearable.

And heated cloth seats are heaven on Earth. I put an aftermarket kit in mine and holy shit it's amazing. I really wish any manufacturer would put seat heaters in cloth seats from the factory.

they don't get stained as easily as cloth

my car never stinks because of the leather. but ive never liked leather in general cloth is more comfy. top trim problems

actually nevermind i just tested my cloth car with my leather and leather is more comfy