> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RbTsX1WZQH8?t=6m5s
soundcloud.com/fantasymusica/sets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's well known that there are no men on the /dpt/ thread in /g/. Is the same true of /agdg/? Are you all women pretending to be men?

first for java

We have at least three dual-X-chromosomesters in these threads.
>it used to be four, but Blender Master died

Third for the fallen.

Hey, do you have any links to Blockhead's Blunder footage or its OST? The track he used for the first level was really good and I've no way to listen to it at this point 'cause the videos of the game got set to private or pulled.

Everyone knows the only poster in this thread is Rotatedev and her two hundred cellphones.

What did she mean by this?

somebody link me a really good lowpoly modelling tut

What do you guys use to edit your sprites? Paint can only get me so far.

The itch page is still up, why don't you rip it or ask one of the musicians for it?

Risk of Rain was made with Paint. If you want to go further than a game that made millions I don't think anyone here can help.

epic

What exactly is happening in that pic? My best guess is some kind of remapping of adjacency bitmaps for auto-tiling.

is that what we used?

no wonder we've moved to 3d

GIMP for still images, Piskel for animated. The only other decent editor that respects your freedumbs is aseprite 1.1.6 (before the license change), and that has horrible input lag on my machine.

>aseprite
You can still compile it yourself, right?

It's been at least 3 years and I'm still salty. I haven't gotten any less salty. When I die, I want my dead body mailed to Shloop with a note attached saying "Finish Blockhead's Blunder or I will haunt the shit out of you."

Yes, but it's under a non-free license now, instead of the GPL. In particular, the new license forbids redistribution, so Linux distros can't package the new versions.

How do I make an AI for a strategy game that isn't retarded? I also don't want to crutch on just giving them extra resources except for like extra-hard mode.

Do the right thing, in the right order, as fast as possible. To make it easier, do it slower, and less of the right thing all the time.

Honestly why is that game so popular. I love indies to death but that one just looks bad

because the visuals aren't important to the gameplay

progress

The 'look' of it is alright but to me the gameplay got old fast. Mobs had way too much health while being no threat then an elite gets a good combination and wipes you the fuck out. So there's fuckall happening but you have to be careful all the time just for those fuckers who will straight up nuke you.

What are you making for monster jam?

A new effect for weapon consumption/healing.

Where before, Dixie would do a little hop and burst out some pink stuff, and I was going to just have an on-screen timer bar, now we have an actual animation.

A set of gun hands appears, holding whatever weapon is being consumed. The hand positioning is procedural based on the weapon mesh's size. That weapon is then disabled from use (removed from Dixie's hands, you can't attack with it, meaning no melee or shooting while healing. I may change this so that attacking simply interrupts the heal). There's a wind-up animation, then the object is crushed, releasing a burst of pink heal shards which then gravitate toward Dixie.

In addition to making the connection between healing and weapon destruction more obvious, it also removes the need for a timer indicating that you're currently mid-heal, AND lets you trigger the effect without interrupting Dixie's movement animations, which was a big problem with the former heal.

It also provides some minor balance stuff by prohibiting mid-combat healing, which is more a side-effect of making the visual consistent (how can you eat a weapon while it's also still in your hand?).

I'm retarded and I need some guidance, please.

The green cubes move based on player input, and they keep their position if the target tile is not empty (that is, if there is a wall, or another green cube in their way).
But sometimes they block each other's way, due to the order in which they move (which results in the blocked cubes being left behind).
So I would need them to move at the same time, somehow.

Any idea on how to handle this?

Why is she named Dixie?

Looking good, user.

>horrible input lag on my machine.
I remember having an issue like that on my old system, lowering the mouse polling rate fixed it.

a) It's immediately, transparently Southern, in a way that few names are (I guess like Billy-Jo or Mary-Sue would have worked too)
b) it enables a lot of stupid puns, like naming the villain Wynne, or naming her sister Trixie

How are the cubes stored? Ie how do you know which ones to move. When being moved (let's say left) you could just iterate through that list, find the ones most left (by position, store it), move those, decrement to the square right of that, repeat

Experimenting with a night sky>cloud transition (art isn't finished but I want to get the general feel of it correct first.) How bad does this look? please be honest
Recorded in glorious 25fps

>RoR2 got announced by EPN
wow

maybe try
>check if a cube will be able to move
>if it can't, check if it will be hitting a wall or another cube
>if its another cube, add that cube to a group with the cube its hitting, then keep
>merge overlapping groups
>move everything together as a group.
or something like that.

I only just now realized the incredibly smug figure is the player
I can't put my finger on why but she looks really old

>EPN
Electronic pigeon network? Twitter?

>How are the cubes stored?
2D array
>how do you know which ones to move
All the green cubes move together. Think of them as "duplicated character objects"
>you could just iterate through that list
I was going to say that's the first thing I tried, but you actually just gave me an idea.
Thanks, user!

It's those big milf tits and the grey hair .

youtu.be/RbTsX1WZQH8?t=6m5s

Hi all!

For completely free, open game music, check out www.fantasymusica.org !!!

You can also preview and download the soundtracks on Soundcloud:

soundcloud.com/fantasymusica/sets

All music is free, even for commercial use, and the website is also advertisement free.

I'm trying to rekindle my passion for writing music, and at the same time I want to payback many amateur game development communities!

And be sure to let me know if you enjoy the music, it motivates me to make more !!!

Much love

kek

Trying to improve the mask's readability without drifting away too much from the original design or palette - what do you think?

Also: horns or no horns?

Beat up the monster doing the short reaction test challenge? Musical dungeon crawler? Undertale clone?

cute horns dude

what you have is fine for now, no horns.

I love horns on masks and I like how those look, but I think they might be a bit much on top of everything else you've got going there. My vote regrettably goes towards "no horns".

no horns

I am working on a fps game. should I even bother with learning to animate hands? It seems like it will take a while and setting it up looks like a bitch.

Re-posting yesterdays progress webm because I want to post it on the discord.

Don't do things you don't need to do, do things you do need to do. Don't not do things because they're hard.

If you're going for more realism, yes. Otherwise you can work around not animating hands or just not having them at all.

just started my game it's gonna be a metroidvania

>imagehosting for Discord
hisssss

I've got my little soldiers lining up in a few different formations, but Im not entirely sure how to get them to march in formation. Probably gonna have to rip this all apart soon because its really just Unreal AI Move commands.

I would like to have them, but it feels like my time could be better spent by not animating some hands and actually working on the coding aspects.

Shit like that should be saved for last anyway. Make a game first than make it pretty.

hot

Nice. What causes the background blobs to fade in and out?

A game

>not using glass at least
>not kiting

Looks like they come out through the purple fog and go back in.

Yup that's exactly what it was.
I've done it before too, I'm not a smart man

mothita that you?

Hey guys I'm back.

So I have a weird issue because I don't think Unity ever expected me to use canvas's in moving 3D space. When holding 5 cards, they're order sorted 1 through 5 so they properly overlap each other in hand, but that no longer works when I pick a card and move it in relation to the hand. What do

>mothita
I don't draw that well, user. And my first progress post with her design was February 11th. It seems like that character was commissioned by someone in March

Here's how I currently solve it (sorta badly). They're still ordered 1-5, but when a card is chosen they all get ordered to the same number, and once it returns to the hand they get ordered 1-5 again. This appears mostly ok, but it changes some of the overlapping in the hand when a card is chosen and is inconsistent.

Your art is good, but this looks really weird and unnatural because due to the way the clouds are streaming out of the bottom of the sky, it looks like the clouds are under the sky somehow... It's weird.

I'm not sure how to fix it, maybe if the clouds in the "sky" part of the picture were the same colors as the "streaming clouds" the transition would be smoother. I might also try to make the streaming cloud fade into the screen over the moon transparently while the moon and the sky move upwards, but I'm not sure of how good that would look.

Good progress though.

Why are you using a canvas as opposed to objects that are just sprites?

>Using Unity's canvas system in 3D space for anything ever.
This path leads only to sadness and destruction. Don't do it. NO.

Srsly just like draw your cards on planes or use sprites somehow or something,
don't use canvas, they're already bad enough when you use them for their intended purpose.

Real answer, because that's how the tutorial I started this on did it.

Answer now that I know better, because it's suuuuuper easy to make 1000+ cards from text files and a script and apply it to a template card. Using sprites would mean each. card. would be a new image that I'd have to process, and god forbid any of the data changes.

yeah it's just mist

Thank you for the feedback, user! I think I will try the same color clouds first and then fading if it looks like it might be close to acceptable. Otherwise I will have to rethink how I am going to implement this.

hey are you the same vr card game dev if so I posted some stuff in the old thread here's my discord if you are interested

LiterallyWhoDev#9045

that pic is 3d btw see pic related

yeah it's kind of jarring imo
my suggestion would be to squish the moving cloud layers as they approach the sky overlay ala right side on the pic related

I will try this also after the recolor attempt. I might have to turn the rolling clouds into an object for this to work (I don't think you can deform backgrounds in GM:S but I am not an expert in GML) but anything that will help this look nice is worth a shot. Thank you for the advice!

It's getting harder and harder to fight the urge to abandon this project for something else. I've already spent 5ish months on this game and I've learned a lot but it's not really fun right now and probably wont ever be. /blogpost

Yea dat me. I'll add you when I got on discord in a bit

I finally started working on my cutscene system code.

Currently got all the transforms set for a single cutscene event.
Gotta add settings for playing specific animations (really, just calling anim triggers by strings), running the textbox system so people can talk, playing noises/changing music, and a section for creating or destroying stuff.

I think all that should cover every conceivable thing that could happen in a single beat of a cutscene:
>X moves/rotates/scales
>X does a unique animation
>X says something
>X makes a sound
>X comes into the frame/scene
>X exits the frame/scene

>that respects your freedumbs
Don't start that here. If a tool doesn't restrict your rights to ownership and profit on the works you create with it then it respects all your freedoms relevant to this thread.

Also try enabling native mouse cursor.

Hey, most of your tracks are pretty standard beeps and boops, but some of them hit the mark, I love Evil 04. Keep going, get some synths going, and keep improving your song title game lol.

Can someone please explain to me why my fps camera is doing rolls? I store rotations as quaternions and reorthoganalize but it still rolls
Here's the code that rotates
[code]
scene.can.rotate(glm::vec3(0,1,0), (xpos-lastXPos) * scene.deltaTime *2*PI *0.1f)
scene.can.rotate(glm::vec3(1,0,0), (ypos-lastYPos) * scene.deltaTime *2*PI *0.1f)
[code]

where xpos-lastXPos is the change in cursor position along the X axis etc. First parameter is the rotation axis.

This should't roll right?

These Udemy course worth it?

They go on sale pretty cheap, sometimes just $10

working on interface shit. suggestions appreciated. particularly on how to juice it.

Remember: your game is yours. You should always listen to criticism - positive and negative - but it's YOU who has the final say in your game. Don't try to cater to everyone at the same time, it's you who should be the most pleased with the final product.

lovely, thanks

If you're incapable of teaching yourself and need a video that isn't on youtube go for it

If something goes on sale all the time for substantially cheaper than its "normal" price then it's "normal" price is probably inflated to increase the product's perceived value.

answer me

Where's my game?

>quats
this is why

just use eulers

Probably still too 'off' right? If so the next attempt will be to squish the top of the rolling cloud layer like suggested.

hey /agdg/, any of you know a good pacman tut in Unity I can give to a friend?

Good Evening agdg. Time for a late night neet dev session, the best kind. Work hard anons, mine going to be 6 hours tonight.

>only oldfags will remember

Too lazy to build a GUI
what do

>Tfw when it took an hour to make a moving platform

You gotta fix the letter M in your small font, it looks really weird

If they're specific to what you want then yea.