If you had one piece of financial advice to give to your 16-year old self what would it be?

If you had one piece of financial advice to give to your 16-year old self what would it be?
>inb4 invest in X stock or buy Y lottery ticket.

Try to think of something that's not gamey but some tips or a direction would still help you a lot.

that putting off investing until later is the wrong strategy.

try r9k

>get steady work of some kind
>put $5500 in IRA every year starting NOW
>invest as much as you can in index funds
>DON'T GET AN ARTS DEGREE YOU DUMB FUCK

Stop wasting money on stupid stuff you little 16 yo shit, this is what you are or will be spending it on
>pizza deliveries
>dvd boxes
>buying lunch at school or work
>ps2 with shitton of games and a overpriced tv
>stupid pos car in your early twenties that needs parts every month while you could take the bike or bus or get your mom to drive you
>moving out too early (21) while you could have had a cheap roof over your head for like another two years
SAVE SAVE SAVE. Become a cheap fuck from a early age and save everything you make, when you annoy others with how little you spend, youre doing it right.

Buy and hold broadly diversified, low TER index funds.

I wouldn't need to tell my former self to become frugal, as it was always in my nature.

This
and that starting capital is everything.

Fuck Jessica
Don't go to College

"Stop thinking of yourself as too young, you can start shaping your future now"
"Your parents don't know best"
"Stop playing videogames and do something you can actually be proud of after 5000 hours instead"

I'd teach myself the investment stuff I know now, so I could get a jump on all those extra years. I had money saved up to where I could have made progress back then. So many damn years. The money would have increased so much.

I agree but its' Jenny for me

get off Veeky Forums

-Accept your uncle's offer of giving you a few beehives and starting your own beekeeping business
-Look around your grand-grand mother's house for rare coins and stamps.
-Learn how to use E-bay
-Take advantage of the fact that your electricity bill is fixed.

lmao @ ur "music composition" degree

Put it all on red, black's for suckers.

to kill myself because the future doesn't get better

When I was 16, I wanted to buy several Bitcoins for $100. I think they were about $1 each back in the day. Ended up not buying because any money was a lot of money back in the days.

Advice: buy those bitcoins.

I started getting on here at 17. Although I see many posts are garbage here, browsing biz earlier would have exposed me earlier to business and angsty men with bad degrees. so browse biz

Get off of Veeky Forums you underage faggot

/thread
To my 16 yo self: Every day you shitpost on Veeky Forums is a day where you won't do anything productive. Also, don't pass up that partnership opportunity. Your friend went on to be a multimillionaire and forgot all about you.

I wish I had heard of low cost investing, Bogle etc

Most normie parents think Investing = paying off mortgage

Don't date her

Yeah, that's financial advice

build a business now. Learn outside of school with real skills and build a business. College is a scam unless you're becoming a engineer, doctor, or lawyer.

This.

Don't go to college, work hard, save hard and read a lot.

>college is a scam unless you X

People actually believe this meme?

Do you think people just magically can't get a job with a degree if they didn't go STEM?

Why are you posting here if you're 12?