/eog/ - EVE Online General

>What's EVE Online?
White Stag SHIT BAG at it again...
FUCK these guys, always avoiding fights and talking huge shit. These pieces of human trash had the audacity to gank my site-running tengu and then mined out my last ore site so I couldn't even replace my loss. I fucking hate these guys.

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best)
If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Vale_of_the_Silent#complex
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does /dog/ hate shield tanking so much?

I love laughing at people who don't have 4 warp stabs. It's like, what, you wanna die to some asshole astero?

Why won't you just fly astero?

>mounting that many stabs and no covops cloak
I may or may not die to a astero in my nanofit Buzzard, but at least I don't die easily to Sabres, which are fucking everywhere in null.

Also, little-known fact:
Every time you fit a stab to your ship, your penis halves in length.

>muh dick

Just overheat and crash the gate

What happens if the sabre has webs? What then?

Also, gates aren't the only place that you'll run into dictors, and you'll wish you had a cloak when one warps to your sites and bubbles it.

Meant to reply to

>not checking dscan

Well I am out 1mil for not checking dscan

>1 mil
And all your cargo. Seriously, though, why no cloak?

>your corp doesn't have a network of bases in enemy sov that you can stash your loot in scan from in peace.

just stash your loot in a corp citadel in enemy territory. you do have those, right?

>assuming the enemy wouldn't just reinforce and destroy them

>not using them as bait to destroy an enemy moros with a batphone

>asset safety

>assuming that our neighbours aren't so rabid/combat starved that they wouldn't abort a citadel before it even comes online

Well you better tell them to get on that. I want some good content and even if they kill it another one will go up.

>battleship rank 5
>34 days

>spoony

> injectors

>

>Jump Drive Calibration V

>rank

What's a good panther fit?

>In a capchain
>"The capacitor is empty"

What is the CONCORD cloak good for?

its got less penalties than a prototype cloak

Giving a nice looking killmail

planetology V

>at current prices of PLEX,extractors, and injectors
>1 sp farm character will produce only 247m in profit a month

oh boo fucking hoo you only get 250m for doing 5 minutes of work every month

Frankly it's amazing how the profit margin is that large.

>large

It's literally 10%

actually it's 20

I'm bad at math

Is invading NC. over a system with an extremely rare static 10/10 DED site a terrible idea?

evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Vale_of_the_Silent#complex

evemaps.dotlan.net/system/G5ED-Y

That implant is a meme

>make alphas
>train mining, shields, and drones
>only 33 hours away from a mining barge after going omega
>keep expanding mining fleet to as many clients as your cpu can handle

>mining ore as a baby omega
You may be able to afford a plex after 50 hours of grinding, congrats.

>247m
>for doing literally nothing

fucking ruskies

>finished wars: 12130
Jesus fucking christ

Where do these assholes even get the money to blanket wardec everyone like this? They're a highsec "elite pvp" alliance aren't they?

Still got nothing on Privateers back in the day. What happened to them anyway?

How do I deal with the guilty feeling of having jerked off thinking about my cute corpmate?

send me 1b isk and I will absolve you of all your sins

just find out what corp rents that system and join them

>They're a highsec "elite pvp" alliance aren't they?

Goes without saying, yeah.

Yeah but I mean, where do they get their alliance income? Or individual members for that matter.

Maintaining that many wardecs at once gets expensive.

By posting pics

They are Mercenaries. You pay them money the "fight" for you. They really just camp trade hubs and lanes. Check the war logs for a laugh as alotta the time no kills happen on either side.

Inb4 she is a man
but that would make it even hotter for me

Do they accept citadel bash contracts?

I may or may not want to set up a trap.

I haven't logged into eve for a week now.

I don't want to update my game files and lose the old scanning system.

Tough shit cupcake. Deal with it.
-ccp

So I'm an alpha and in this WH with this small Corp themed around a trade product. As a CASMA guy the first thing I do is mine some Arkonor since there's no gas. Am I doing it wrong?

P. S. Already received a drone party delivery the first time. Second time got at least 4 venture loads before I had to leave.

in wormhole, enemy npc spawn 20 minutes after you arrive at a ore/gas site

what is casma?

I didn't say he wasn't

Is he a submissive logi pilot?
Pics. Now.

He mostly flies ships that eject lightweight phallus shaped warheads at incredibly high rates of fire.

The Merc Corps/Alliances charge alot for a Citadel takedown last time My Diplo checked. It takes 3 weeks to take one out so it's a Dec for 3 weeks. In addition to that it puts them in an odd position for them. It makes THEM a target for rival Merc Corps. So that's one reason why it's so expensive, at least why we think so.

Specifically as to if Pirat takes Citadel takedown contracts or not though I don't think they do. I think Vendetta is the ones who take those.

I'm literally unable to kill the last boss from the bloody stars epic arc

I first tried in a cormorant and failed now even in my Gnosis its just a complete stalemate

what do?

Equip a webifier. Keep at range 500. Blast his face with yout highest damage ammo + drones.

You need 150+ dps to overpower his tank.

>not having perc/will remaps

Ask in local chat for help

if you can't outdamage his reps in a gnosis you probably shouldn't be flying it either, just saying

What should i replace? I really think im just lacking damage, none of my stuff misses and im still not doing enough dps

Post your fit because if a gnosis can't break Dagan, you're doing something seriously wrong.

Missiles don't miss.
Add more ballistic control, you are overtanked. Use faction ammunition - caldari navy missiles.
Also, use drones if you aren't.

I was doing everything in my cormorant before, (and having fun doing so) just felt like i HAD to upgrade to be able to kill Dagan because he was absolutely kicking my ass

This. Also, RLMLs have better DPS and application than HMLs, and their ammo is cheaper.

Im using intergrated hobgoblins, 3 of them.

Do you mean upgrade to tier 2 for ballistic control or just add more of them? if so what should i replace. I'm not trained enough for tier 2 yet

For starters, you're Dutch.

If you want a serious answer, heavy missiles are trash. Equip medium blasters if you have the skills.

If you can only use missiles, use Caldari Navy Mjolnir heavy missiles, then remove 2 flux coils in favor of another 2 ballistic control systems. Drop one of the particle field magnifiers for a web.

Also the gnosis has drones, so buy some.

>their ammo is cheaper
But you're using a lot more of them because >RLML

it probably balances out.

Oh, I just noticed you're using HMLs.
They are shit, never use them.
Use rapid light missile launchers or heavy assault missiles.

Replace cap lowslots with damage controls. Stop being a droneless peasant, you should have trained medium drones before heavy missiles.

I spent half my fortune on those launchers, what makes them bad?

Also I am using drones, the intergrated hobgoblins, they are the best ones alpha gets to use

>HML
>shit

Why? I thought they were pretty good for mission running

You sound like a caldari.

That's what you get for being unmanly nongallente scum.

>what makes them bad
>I can't kill this guy that only requires 150 dps to beat
do you see the connection

To solve your dps issues, just replace two flux coils with ballistic control systems. You may make it, barely.

Rapids are ok, as long as you know who you are allowed to shoot with them. Or you can go around with a web and paint but at that point why bother.

Any module is going to do shit damage if you don't have the skills to back them up

Of course he's Caldari, he said he was using a Cormorant earlier, and just implied he's an Alpha in the post you responded to.

I can guarantee you he wouldn't be posting this if he was a gallente alpha.

Missile damage is seriously reduced by your missiles' explosion radius being bigger than your target's signature radius, and/or explosion velocity being slower than your target's velocity. RLMLs are fucking fantastic because they deal HAM-level DPS, but have very tight explosion radii and very high explosion velocities.

what's your character name? I can send some ISK your way if you're hurting for cash

Don't do it he will hunt you and kill you

>Space Liberals
I bet their society is run by feminists.

It's cool, the most fun part of eve so far for me is the sense of achievement i get after saving a long time for something

I spent 3 whole days mining for my gnosis

>implying feminists have the balls to use up close and personal weapons

>haha, freedoms haha liberty haha
[HONHONHON INTENSIFIES]
Uh, sir, the Caldari didn't pay their taxes again
Gaston
Get the nukes.

that's admirable, user

>can't dagan in a gnosis

wut da fug

Just buy your races destroyer with 8 turrets and orbit him at 500m with an afterburner and you'll beat him after 5 minutes.

You've never met an angry feminist, I see.

Enjoy having your women culturally enriched by your Matari 'allies', Pierre.

Shut up Goldstein.

Don't you have some factory workers to exploit?

What do you think will be popular after the T3 Nerf?

Also best dread to train now that Moros is crap?

Command shits and navy BCs.

I don't do caps.

Where is the patch note please ? Because T3c are my life

Doesn't a different version of Dagan spawn depending on what ship you're flying? Otherwise the mission would just have ship restrictions, instead of allowing a gnosis in

We don't even know yet what the T3 nerf wil encompass aside from reducing the amount of subsystems.

No notes, just a panel from fanfest.

I don't know but you really just need like more than 100 dps and orbiting him at 500m makes it so he will never hit you because he is a cruiser with shit tracking. You can use your lows for dps upgrades instead of defensive mods. I mean unless there is a version that makes him shoot missiles even then a destroyer should be fine.