Is there any type of engine that works like a petrol/diesel one (powerbands, sound, etc. etc...

Is there any type of engine that works like a petrol/diesel one (powerbands, sound, etc. etc.) but runs on renewable energy? Electric/Hydrogen for example?

I was wondering about the future, everything looks like it will transition to electric because of increasing renewable energy production but I don't want to see the ICE car disappear (because petrol WILL run out)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IndyCar_Series#Fuel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was some research going into biodiesel which is pretty interesting.

OR E85, which is made out of ethanol, mainly made from corn and other crops. Can be used on most newish cars AS LONG AS the manual says that the car can use it, or the car has been modified to use it. Not too sure how renewable e85 is but since it comes from plants I'm guessing it is pretty renewable

E85 is still about 15% gasoline so in a future (far) where there is absolutely no oil left unexploited I don't think it will exist..

Biodiesel on the other hand sounds interesting, is it purely non-diesel or does it have some regular fuel mixed in it? Sounds like it will be renewable

What about self driving cars though? In lets say 1000 years (cryonics is a wonderful tool for, well, not dying) will manual-controlled cars be still available?

>in 1k years will manual-controlled cars be available?
I'm using the example of horse drawn carriages. Currently they are no longer made in production. Maybe joe blow made one in his shed last year. It's a sight to see one, but they don't drive on the road.

> but I don't want to see the ICE car disappear (because petrol WILL run out)

Classic license, idiot. You'll still be able to drive your ricer around. And it will be cheaper too.

We've got petrol for centuries it's Gucci bro

It's only 15% gasoline to stabilise the fuel. Within a decade, we'll have figured out how to make ethanol stabile enough to basicallly use E100 all the time.

Ethanol is the ideal fuel though. Renewable, high octane, high latent heat of vaporisation (=low IAT's), it's basically proof that we'll never run out of fuel to put in our ICE's.

>will manual-controlled cars be still available?
Yes. Horses are still around, so will cars. They'll even be a better hobby, instead of being partially focused on transportation.

Sounds good, will ethanol engines work like petrol cars or will there be differences? How about fuel price/full tank range-MPG?

I meant manually driven cars as a mode of transportation alongside self driven ones

Petrol pollutes though f am

As a mode of transportation

Dude I used to race RC cars when I was a kid and let me tell you Electric Motors are sweet!
Don't fight the future.

Ethanol produces more power than premium petrol, however it is slightly less fuel efficient. In terms of pricing, it costs around the same as the lowest octane fuel you can get at the servo.

fuck off with your bait

Hydrogen

Cooking oil.

electric for commuting, biodiesel for trucks, ethanol for enthusiasts

screenshot this

Bro...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IndyCar_Series#Fuel

Ddoes Ethanol pollute?

Sorry for all these retarded questions, I can't seem to find anything relevant

I'm actually the guy that posted that thread 2-3 weeks ago asking where to find a hydrogen RX8

I thought that fuel was a byproduct of gas burning hence non-renewable

So Ethanol it is then

Diesel engines where originally designed to run on vegetable oil, you'll be okay...

Well I was hoping for petrol like alternatives (ethanol seems to be even better than petrol) but as a last resort diesels would be acceptable