/sg/ Subaru general

How come we never have Subaru generals?

How come Veeky Forums hates subarus?

Other urls found in this thread:

subaruambassador.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they've never actually owned one and only parrot the same memes over and over about them because that's all they know

My little piece of crap, that I fell in love with since the day I saw the listing up.

>Muh Headgaskets
>Muh Ringlands
>Muh bearings
>Muh glass transmissions
>Muh rust

you post this shitbox in literally every thread

>you post this shitbox in literally every thread

I need to get off here then, summer is not being good for me.

I need to get some new/bigger flags.

looking to get an exhaust for my blobeye

think I should go for n1 turbo back or q300 turbo back?

Did someone say Subaru?

What's up Veeky Forumstists

Just go to a muffler shop and have them build you a catback the way you want it to sound. It will cost you sure substantially less, look better, and sound just as good if not better.

BRZ gets talked about all the time.

>have them build you a catback the way you want it to sound

how do they build it the way you want it to sounds. like how do you know what the end product is going to sound like

is going full turboback a waste for me if I care just about having my car sound nicer? otherwise I drive extremely normal and don't hoon.

is going for a popular branded exhaust a meme?

I don't like how Subarus look after the blob eye

I liked them alot in highschool then I drove one and was disappointed.
Guess it was just a case of never meet your heros.

Does the new 2018 wrx have Rev hang?

Rev hang is irrelevant.
Get a Cobb accessport.

Because they're normie boy racer mememobiles. Faggots go out and drop payments on a 35k vehicle so they can pretend to be enthusiasts. Their engines can't handle boost and are infamous for throwing rods. Plus they have unnecessarily heavy and complex boxer engines that are huge and obsolete. I live in Colorado and everyone and their fucking grandmother drives a fucking Subaru. I'm sick of them.

I love my my normie boy racer mememoblie

gender is a spectrum

Most Subaru owners vape. And personally hate smokers.

At least the memes are enjoyed by a majority of people :)

It's actually better to vape than smoke cigarettes, problem is many vape just to vape.

I've owned one. Still hated it. Kept falling apart.

is there an intercooler under that hood scoop?

>mfw I fell for the smoke cigarettes to help with stress while working at minimum wage at a shit job and now I vape
>mfw I've always wanted a Subaru wrx or legacy but I'm to poor because rice tax
>mfw by the time I even have the money to afford one they would be beat to shit and overpriced

>he doesn't care about his warranty

Should have smoked weed instead dummy

Popular branding is just that, popular branding. It doesn't mean it's the best product. And what sounds good is an opinion.

A muffler shop has so many options and you will be able to tell the guys how you want the car to sound, and then they will choose a muffler that will get you the type of sound and volume you want.

Also a turbo back is a complete waste of money if you don't need it for performance. Just go get a different muffler welded in for $200.

Looks really clean

So I've always wanted a BRZ but now that I have the money, I also have a toddler. Should I still get one and use it for DD and track?

I have 2 other cars for family outings and I could always fit my family in the BRZ for quick trips if needed. I'm ok with the WRX but it just doesn't hit the same spot for me.

This thing is going to end up costing me 2300 to fix the transmission issues. Convince me not to just buy a different car with the money.

You don't really compare wrx with brz they're far too different even though priced same. It already sounds like you know what you want, teat drove em both

If it's automatic get rid of it

It's manual my man.

depends on how much u like the car man. ive got a couple of grand in repairs on mine forming on the horizon too.

whats wrong with your tranny?

Keep that shit, how many miles?

1st, 4th, and reverse are pretty much shot and the interior smells like really burnt coffee(transmission I am guessing) then it will need a new clutch and axles.

168,000 But it had it's engine "bulletproofed" for about 2700 15000 miles ago according to the previous owner. (he had shop records not just going by his word.)

He did a full engine rebuild or just swapped in a "low mile" one? I'd just get the work done if you really do have a healthy engine. Do a compression/Leakdown and a block test to make sure!

It was a full engine rebuild I'm pretty certain, I don't know a ton about this stuff but the receipt says things like. "replaced head gaskets with engine out of car, reseal oil pump, water crossover" etc.

If you enjoy the car just get the work done, it'll be a good feel knowing you have a reliable car. Sucks to see that panel rust however

Because they're chav cars

lel, yeah the rust is the exact reason why I'm so hesitant. If that rust wasn't there I would be seriously considering an EJ20R swap. But, if it's reliable I figure I could get by for a couple years without putting any more cash into it besides regular maintenance and have a reasonable amount of money saved up.

I want more pictures of this.

Get some quick quotes from bodyshop, take care of it now! It's only going to get worse, nice car too

Of what? The car?
I've got plenty of pics at home I can post after work

I took it in for a quote, and the first guy said a few thousand. And the next guy looked at me like I was crazy. It was at that moment I knew it was a money pit. Plus a few other spots that I didn't even bother getting a price for. I wish I had the money for it I really do.

Damn that sucks, maybe try one more shop because few thousand sounds a bit ridiculous

I'll give it a shot.

"Subarus are hard to work on and unnecessarily complicated"
-Everyone who hasn't worked on a Subaru before

My dudes

I'm just a mechanic and I'm used to working on them. They need a lot of parts around every 100k but they can do maybe 300~350k MILES that is before you'll do a rebuild of anything IF you maintaine it. I stay away from the turbo cars, yes everyone loves them, but they are starting to get old and just generally need more maintenance. Still, I drive a my2000, phase 2 ej22, gf8.

Also rust. I had a bug eye that I bought when I lived in Canada, and was only supposed to drive it to get back. I ended up putting like 50k on it and had to park it cause it was so rusted that you couldn't perform any type of maintenance.

Reporting in.

Yes

I have drove them both. I like the BRZ but it was really cramped with my kid and his car seat. I guess eventually it will be a booster seat so it might work. I guess more of a lifestyle question about owning a 2 door.

You know I never hear anybody talk about the new impreza on here.

I was looking to get one.

They start at 18k, not bad manual too. but most opt for WRX even if a bit more expensive

Good. It's still a faggot boiracermobile though.

>commiefornia license plate
Good I'm glad you're staying in your containment state.

how come subarus make so little power? i know a guy with a fully built engine and some upgrades to the turbo and hes only making like 350-400 whp, probably way less than 400 though.

Because 4cyl engines can't handle ALOT of power reliably, he can get alot more out of it but not for long

Look towards the Sport. Felt like a WRX lite when i test drove one

Like with all engines, if you have the money to replace the shit that brakes then it doesnt matter how long it lasts. Who cares if the turbo lasts 6 months if you have more waiting and you just wanna make a shit ton of power.

What is it that makes this engine he has fully built?

I will say the new ones are pretty under-powered.

What engine?

The impreza manual barely gets better MPG and only is a 5 speed, is there any point to not get the WRX?

Is this true? I mean I don't see why it wouldn't be but your still dealing with nicotine.

Insurance costs (if that even applies)
Less maintenance

mine

Sunroof and fogs? What the fuck is wrong with you, son?

Don't care for the sunroof either but what's wrong with his fog lights?

Theyre a $500 dealer option...that can be done yourself for ~150 and an hour or two of work

How do you know that isn't what he did?

Because I'm him.

is it possible to swap the ej20 twin turbo from the jdm b4 rsk into a usdm legacy?

pic related, my car

Completely new here, but could anyone recommend me the best Subaru for a state like Maine? I'll be moving there for University next month and need to buy a car, and I've been recommended this brand by quite a few people.

Thanks

Because the fogs and sunroof are part of a package?

No, not without a RHD swap or a single turbo conversion. The sequential turbo setup is in the way of the LHD steering column and brake booster. Your best bet for staying twin turbo is either buying a 1995-99 Legacy Postal wagon (RHD for mail use, 100% US legal) and swapping it or waiting for the JDM 1993 Legacy twin turbo to be legal to import next year. 1995 would be the best year to get because it isn't OBDII and none of the JDM second gens were, adding wiring headache.

They blow up too fast.

t. 3x sti/wrx owner

do a 2jz swap then

but muh awd

damn. a bh5d ej208 is on sale for $1700.

what are good upgrades for suspension/brakes?

hows this

bc nasioc.

I daily my V3 STI.

Except when it starts snowing... this car has no rust, I'm not about to ruin it.

I can never own a brand new car... would cry when it starts rusting.

I just swapped to a better car.

Holy fucking Christ this was not an easy pull, especially for my first motor pull lol.

Bought the car for $1500, clean title, bottom end knock. Aftermarket bov, strut bar, exhaust, turbo timer, and some carbon fiber goodies for the interior.

So far ive got the motor on a stand and flipped over, oil pan is off. Found thin metal chunks in the oil pan. Main caps look good, con rods look good, cylinder walls look good too. Gonna pull the heads and see if I can find anything.

What car is that in?

Kudos for your first pull; most people claim that boxer engines are rather easy to remove. Still waiting for a EZ30 donor for my GF8

3" straight pipes

I'm an ambassador for subaru and I keep all the free gear they send me instead of giving it out.

Q300 if you're planning to go Catless turboback. N1 if you're going catback.

How does one become ambassador and what kind of cool benifits?

Sign up on the website, they may or may not approve you though and it'll take a while for a response. Like months a while.

As long as you fill out your monthly reports (how much you shilled) you get $150 to spend on stuff on their website for yourself and to give out every 3 months, it does expire though so you have to keep up with it. You also get 5 $500 off coupons to give to people who want to buy a new Subaru.

subaruambassador.com/

Thanks I'll look into it, got a coworker with a shitbox saying he's getting a new wrx in few months we shall see

Wow some sound advice for once

Hot

I smoke
t. Bus rider

I recently got a full-time job, and I can finally save up and buy a good car. If I've got about $10,000, is a WRX hatch a good option? I've always loved the look of them, but I don't really know if they're reliable or what. Any input?