PCB 6.1.0 Released: angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=120675&postcount=1

>FAQ and What to Play:

FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas

pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account

User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=17919
github.com/chaosvolt/cdda-arcana-mod
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Actual last thread

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!

>this death
Shadow Creatures is good they said, you should use it they said

Here come the bugs

Dont you mean HAREKRISHNAAAAAA

The Bow of Krishna "Sharnga".

friendly reminder that if you get up close and personal with a giant amphibious piranha, you are kind of an idiot

Ah, good. I managed a duct-tape fix by cobbling together some parts from iron_javelin and copper_javelin from the melee.json because they were clashing with the moresurvivaltools mod.

Now, I

honestly summons are shit in DCSS because the devil's team nerfed the shit out of them a long time ago and won't even stop, so long ago that I don't even remember what it was like when they were good

one of those trolls in cold dungeon rips off limbs too

Just have to tweak some of the damage and armor pierce, because these are the iron_javelin stats.

Also the copper spear makes for a great ranged option against turrets, if I can just scrunge enough copper from breaking open toilets!

Also the snake oil is working!
It's good to know that even with no knowledge of how code works I can still do some minor patches and additions.
What a nice day.

I want to punch in the face whoever thought this was a good idea

The gun is damaged, and way too big to actually use, but it holds 500 rounds of .308 ammo. Fired from a more reasonable gun, this can kill a LOT of zombies.
Now the question is, do I go looking for a .308 rifle, or disassemble it to reload my .223 casings?

Why are gun based builds so god awful in CoQ?
They work fine during the early game but they fall off so fucking hard that it becomes a chore to use them later on in the game.

>he doesn't have a leucocyte breeder system
What a shame.

user, broken cybrog is a start
All the other bionics are really annoying but this is just concentrated murder

l-lewd

>Per 4

You really have to be shortsighted to do this challenge.
Also I'm hallucinating.
Also I ran out of food right now.

is broken cyborg the mumo of dda?

Not even close.
But perma-autumn labstart broken cyborg with PK mod and arcana mod is pretty fun and challenging nonetheless.

I really like monster infighting.

I found a room with a Bio-Op and waltzed him onto a dissector. He dropped this. I found the ammo casually going downstairs into an armory.

The Throne Room is at -5, which means it's about -100 C° at this moment. I am wondering how the hell I'm supposed to get in.

Dont die on me, arelgee!

How did you achieve good looking interface in cata? Options look very obscure and just look at this default shit, its an eye killer

Same way I did with Dynahack, all roguelikes will look great on a terminal and linux has one built in.

Paint.net fucks me up sometime.

So Windows plebs are doomed?

There's terminal emulators, but as far as I know they only work in ssh.

>EMP grenades are not autolearned at high electronics/mechanics/fabrication skill
Oh come on.

JESUS FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST THING EVER

I'M NOT A SLAVE TO THE SNAKE OIL ANYMORE

PCB no longer needs chris

Remember that 17 ranged slaying? Still died with it in Coc. I admit right here and now that I'm too bad at Crawl to win a 15 rune Gnoll without scumming.

Oh my fucking god.

They're never going to release a new stable.

I wonder if I can use the tazer on a bot and actually stun him.

Oh my god it actually works.
But you have to get in 1shot range so that's really a no-go. Still, I'll be carrying one of these around.

Jayle bait

>kill a few trash mobs outside of LoS
>this

I think it's the first time I killed Cerebov without losing 2/3 of my health. This is way too OP

IT'S WORKING
MY SUICIDAL PLAN IS WORKING

Why did the recent releases start to suck? I remember the older ones were fine.

FYI you can do this to enemies too. just spend skill points in the axe tree
you can even cut off enemies' faces and then wear them as masks for an ego boost

Alright, that... that went a little bit overboard.
I just wanted to lure them north so I could steal the silmaril, but apparently one of them noticed me so I backed up in my room and stayed still near my raging fire to keep warm.
I don't know what the hell happened here but it looks like my card's gone and so are the secubots. Well, maybe I can find one of their corpses and use it to power an electric jackhammer.

Yep, card's gone and I'm freezing to death.
No idea where the bots are and I don't want to know.
I'll have to find a workaround.

Well, then now it's time to become an alchemist and brew a "straightouttahere" potion.

Is Caves of Cuck harder than DCSS on average or easier?

Boom boom, baby.

I hope dynamite can blow through concrete.

Oh fuck. I'll need something stronger.

There's a problem with walls in DDA. You can destroy a normal wall just breathing at it, but concrete walls are probably made of platinum.

what happened to good old fashioned teleporters, huh?

My stash happened. I'm not planning on actually leaving this place for a while, I'm trying to get outside to scavenge for food.

So, dynamite has a blasting power of 50. Black gunpowder charges have a power of 60 and can burst through the doors and concrete. Sadly I don't have enough charcoal to make black gunpowder, but I'll see if I can either find some or if two dynamite charges work.

Apparently two sticks worked!

Freedom!
Horrible, horrible freedom!

Took me half a day and one season, but I did it!

Oh yeah I forgot I also had hordes on.

Now this little hole is going to be super useful.
But now I'm spent. Later I'll start THE BAKING OF THE HOLY BREAD.

Also have you all got jobs or something
I've been posting almost by myself all day

>data/fonts/
>config/fonts.json
>data/raw/colors.json

Such is life, its barely noon yet. Give us some time to pet the dog and have a cup.

whose this jason guy and why is he such a mess

Because he has 30 furry dads who don't communicate.

what are the chances that this will be the first and only staff that burns up next time, just like my staff of holiness and every single staff of curing I've found

100% of course
well maybe less, but only because it could melt to acid or explode to plasma instead or whatever

Man, this is almost too easy. But I saw a zombie hulk yesterday and I grabbed my shotgun just in case.

You don't even need the pits with your 14 strength. Just gotta get that melee up a bit.

I'm not convinced Chris is a bad pcb maintainer, he just doesn't have access to most of the information created by players. The stuff that rises to his attention are mostly complaints or overpowered characters. He does not get to notice much of what players are experiencing, say, with a level 33 character. Instead the stuff that reaches his attention are things like "555 is a fun silly op trick that gets around the entire game" or "archery does a lot of damage but is a pain" and the like.

But of course part of this is the issue of his not having internet so he can't waste tons of hours trolling rlg (not that he ever has) or oook (which he has).

Are you familiar with PK's monsters?

Oh, I forgot that you had Pk on. My b, dude. Those fuckers are fierce.

It's harder purely because the overworld/underground are extremely random so you can find yourself out matched quickly. Balance is also poor because it is extremely unfinished.

DCSS is predictable, so not being bad is the majority of the difficulty.

God, this thing put his eggs inside my head
That can't be good
I remember being mortally afraid of dermatiks even before PK

Oh jesus christ I just read it up
I need some antiparasitic drugs right the fuck now

>The stuff that rises to his attention are mostly complaints or overpowered characters.
Things like some ridiculously lowballed spell/ability damages, lack of usefulness and depth for debuffs, and sorcerers being dog shit just doesn't make it to his news.

I need to craft some better gear and grab an ironshod powered quarterstaff in case I find one of these motherfuckers again

also
>there's a triffid grove nearby

I heard PK's triffid are the stuff of nightmares.

>[5] Reforging: The game now uses slot-based power ratings. For example, melee weapons vs light sources. No longer can you reforge powerful slots into weak slots with impunity. This also applies when reforging strong items into weak weapons like daggers and falcon swords (e.g. ninjas). However, you might try reforging Vilya into a Blade of Chaos or even Diamond Edge and like the results, so it is not all bad.
I really don't understand the point of this.

Alright, that was my last shotgun bullet. Let us never go outside again during the day.

not sure what specific spells you mean but for some spells some classes (e.g. paladins) get worse per level and per spellpow rates than others (e.g. mages)

debuffs are great when you can apply them, of course. Stunning is the most accessible one as any character can use confusing lights, but psy damage and various other odds and ends (e.g. based malediction) can debuff powerfully.

Sorcerers have a lot of strengths but no hps is hard. Still, one guy did it with perma-aggravate sexy, and over termcast so clearly he wasn't cheating to do it
angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=17919

yeah I don't either. Just because some players wore a fair amount of reforged equipment doesn't mean it was OP strat (it wasn't). I guess he didn't like players getting decent lights or something, even though it costs tons of money that could go towards potion gambling for J time.

Not really sure how it's implemented yet. Maybe it's designed to keep players from reforging with an item they're not allowed to use? I mean, rings and deathswords are barred from reforging entirely (in chris' version) presumably because he didn't want them being able to gain power from drops that weren't strictly their type. So like a dragon would have to reforge a cloak to make a cloak or something, instead of a set of boots he wasn't able to wear in the first place. But that's dumb, if that's the idea.

wow chris made it so only master tonberry is allowed to drop his gloves, i.e. if he doesn't you're shit out of luck

even though they suck, especially on tonberries

I really don't know why you guys expect anything from chris. PCB is a clusterfuck, and he pretty much designs it purely for himself.

To be fair they were incredibly, incredibly overpowered back in the times. Rest in piss, XXX.

There's no point since reforging is a waste of effort anyway, outside of like, ninja lights.

Oh, I guess there's one change: the shitty craft dragon is even worse.

You mount it on your murdervan, of course.

Also, they're still incredibly strong at basically all portions of the game. Their only downfall is that all enemy summoners innately have mass abjuration, which is kind of bullshit. Such a lazy way to ensure that summoners have a hard counter in the dungeon.

don't they also penalize XP and basically disappear instantly when outside of LOS becoming totally useless against anything that smites or much less useful for escapes

>Tier 4 Daemon spell book is just called "Demonthoughts"
>It's just a paperback self-help book with a plaintive looking Belphegor on the cover

T4 Daemon is the Hellfire Tome.

You get marginally less exp for kills that summons help with, and they DO time out exceptionally fast when outside of LoS. That doesn't really change how effective they are though. I don't know why you think they're useless against enemies that smite, since having summons out essentially reduces the chance you have getting smited. In fact, a lot of summons are really good against smiters since they can close the gap really quickly, since a lot of the good summons move fast. Summons like sputterflies are timeless in their uses for escape, and summon electric spire is actually one of the strongest tools you can use to make escapes. Its smite targeting allows you to perfectly block LoS, and it body blocks exceptionally well. However, any summon does wonders for escape simply because you have extra bodies to soak and distract while you beat feet.

what is that then tier 3? idek man I'm just a lizard

How did you manage that, really? Is CDDA easily moddable? (As in minor tweaks and stuff)

I remember how surprised and happy I was when I discovered how easily you could mod DF

>500 rounds of .308
HRnnnnng as cool as it would feel, you don't waste those in a minigun. Find a sniper or battle rifle that's decent.

....or, you could go for transcendent divinity, and look for an M240

How is the arcana mod, my dude? Always wanted to try it out, but I don't think it's updated and compatible with the newest experimentals?

S-silmaril?

I'm not much of a cdda player (even though I love seeing posts about it), but that sounds a bit off. You're probably joking though

(It would be nice and interesting, though, someone making a mod adding lots of mysterious magical stuff)

He clearly meant the amulet of yendor.

I may have to switch back to a gasoline engine for a while. Those solar panels really aren't cutting it for recharging the batteries. Seems like I get only 10% or so a day, when I can easily burn through most of that just exploring.

then why is she still leaking saliva
better work on that pixelated vision too

wait do you have a screenshot of the death? what the h*ck happened?

>Is CDDA easily moddable?
Yeah.

Right now, out of the safety of my precarious shelter. But yeah, it's been updated, random_dragon made a git for it like pisskop did for his PK mod

It's got descriptions and everything, it adds a new arcana skill, lots of monsters and endgame areas and loot, plus some bosses like an undead dragon.

github.com/chaosvolt/cdda-arcana-mod

yea demonthoughts is the first of the demon dungeonbooks

I was trying to figure out if I could siphon battery power from this electric sports car when a bear managed to sneak up on me. He won't go away from the loot cart, and I don't have any guns on me. This is a silly situation.

holy shit lol
never got something this nice from the warg quest before

>triffids drop plant sacks, which can be cooked into cooking oil
>you can make healthy biscuits and johnnycakes out of flour and cooking oil to give twice the nutrition of flatbread

MY GOD
IT'S FULL OF BREAD