Car accident fatalities

I just read that 40 000 people die each year in car crashes. That's just over 100 people a day who die in the US alone.
Who are these people who are dying and how have I never lost person I know (well or not) to car accidents? Are they all just people in unsafe shitboxes losing control on freeways or head on collisions on highways? Do they count pedestrians struck by cars? Truck attacks? Cuck attacks?

Because even this many deaths a year in cars only make up 1.2% of overall annual deaths.

Would you rather have ridiculous overpopulating? Everything works out.

Do you know how many drivers there are in the US?

>how have I never lost person I know (well or not) to car accidents?

Give it some time.

We already have that. Which is why I do my part by driving a Mustang.

It's not surprising that you don't know the 0.01% per year of the population that dies in wrecks.

I'm more just curious how I can prevent this and not die or have other people I know die. Are there statistics on people crashing into things and dying (or being horribly maimed) vs others crashing into them?

I do a lot of highway driving in low traffic conditions and wonder if my time would one day be up. I drive a 2008 Ford F150

You have a pretty safe vehicle (recent, large). Just drive for the conditions keep following distance etc.
>wonder if my time would one day be up.
There's only so much you can do, you're gonna die of something after all

I can tell you that for my own country the highways have the lowest death rates, urban roads are in the middle and the deadliest roads are country roads because oncoming traffic and trees at speed, also most affected by bad weather out of all roads.

I lost two friends to accidents. Neither were surprises. One was so fucked up on oxy I'm surprised he lasted so long and the other wrapped himself around a tree drunk

>so fucked up on oxy

What a pussy. I'm snorting about 200-600mg at least 3-5 times a week with no side effects and perfect driving.

No you don't. You drive like shit, and you are gonna die behind the wheel.

Damnit user you're right.

I want to quit but my fucking scoliosis is painful as fuck.

If it's bad enough get it surgically fixed.

Not how that works. My ungle has had surgery for his scoliosis on 4 different occasions and a bad bone formation rubs parts of his spine against his nerves every time he twists his back. He's on something like 100mg of oxy a day for that reason or else he can't function.

He still drives every day to work and back again since oxy makes him normal.

Idk my scoliotic friend got the surgery at 16 and he lives pretty normally now. Of course it probably is a different situation for different people.

this.
especially if you know bikers

this isn't very comforting...

this somewhat is
just don't be retarded, huh?

>If it's bad enough get it surgically fixed.
Not everyone has access to a doctor as skilled as Dr Strange. In a lot of USA cases, people sometimes refuse surgery (not for scoliosis, but for other things) simply because they know the level of medical care that accepts their basic insurance is going to be minimal quality. So the risk of complications is high.

Probably because you don't know very many people and/or they're mostly shut-ins

I'm 21 and know 2 acquaintances who died in accidents. One was drunk driving back in high school, the other was killed along with her friend by a drunk driver one or two years ago.