AC or Windows down?

which is more fuel efficient?
which is the better for the driver in terms of comfort?
any personal experience on the matter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ue6DsRncyfI
fueleconomy.gov/feg/contentIncludes/co2_inc.htm
e-hentai.org/g/518013/c7608461f1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I live Florida, A/C hands down for confort, I don't care how fuel efficient it is. I drove an E30 without a/c for 5 years and had to deal with swamp ass as a daily thing.

youtu.be/ue6DsRncyfI
Windows down speeds under ~40, windows up + AC on over ~40

a/c all the time and seats blowing on my ass unless it's like 60 out

how fast on average did you drive the e40?
you know where im going with this right,
>maybe you where not driving fast enough
thank you but im only interested in personal experience
do belie that" ac is not fuel efficient" ruse

I've never had AC in my Pontiac Grand Prix so I always cruise with the Windows down. I like hanging my arm out of the window too and the breeze on my face feels good

AC of course, I'm not a pleb.

AC because I don't want acid thrown in my face.

>interested in personal experience
>in depth analysis
>which is more fuel efficient?
>would rather take personal experience than data

i completely side with you, here they spit on you and they rob you while the seem to be apologizing

Anyone got any good ideas on refilling an r12 system? I fucking dying here. I found a few different refrigerants, but none of them are supposed to be used in an automobile a/c system.

the "in depth analysis" as you call is done in a controlled environment which is demographically not diverse enough for me. im asking around to get a wholesome idea on the topic.

why not just update to r134a

windows down to air out the weed stench

this basically, I enjoy having the sunroof open and windows down if it's less than 90 degrees out and I'm not on the highway. Never drive with the windows down on the highway though, too noisy and there's too much drag to make it worthwhile.

Convert that shit, and goto real wrenching forums instead of Veeky Forums for advice. Jewtoob has many charging videos.

Protip, use anti-seize on aluminum threaded AC fittings because like on like galls and aluminum is bad for that. Add some UV dye when charging.

If you suspect a leak, a nitrogen (or other inert gas, I've used welding argon and MIG gas when my nitrogen cylinder was out for hydro testing) pressure test beats vacuum any day.

R152a from keyboard duster, I use it in r134 systems too

Ive always used both

What both at the same time?

windows down because I'm a poorfag

Yep

Poorfag like you don't have AC installed or not fuel efficient?

how is that like?
noisy i assume

AC is more efficient.

there is really no reason for windows to roll down other than the driver's.

Ive always been a windows down kinda guy when the ac is on it makes it a really enjoyable experience of warm air and a nice cold breeze

i can understand the comfort aspect of it, and i will surely try is soon..
how about fuel efficiency? what do you think about that?

2-40.

why would you roll down the driver's window? if your hearing is good

Dont care honestly im an enthusiast idc if i spend my whole check on my car and honestly gas is cheap enough that a car that gets 30mpg vs 20mpg really doesn't make a dent in most peoples wallets people freak out about mpg for no reason

Like lets say you get 30mpg if you drive 40 miles a day 7 days a week thats about 10 gallons of gas if you get 20mpg its about 14 you use its only 8 bucks difference

But that probably puts more sticky dust (pollen, smog, organic grime) into the A/C ductwork and condenser cooling fins. Organics can cause mold to develop and that sticks to ductwork and fins fiercely.

It doesn't cars pull air from the cowl its the same amount either way besides my car doesn't even have a cabin air filter and was sitting under a tree for 15yrs

It doesn't matter how fast you drive to try to keep cool if you live in Florida.
It's so fucking hot and especially humid that it does not help.

After living without AC in my truck for 5 years i can 100% confirm that AC is 1000x better than windows down. No AC is fucking awful, especially when it's 100 outside and having the windows down doesn't effect the temperature one bit. And then when you stop it's fucking unbearable.

I do this a lot. Socal here. Nice cold air from ac combod with Windows slightly down for fresh air and light

AC makes it either too cold or not cold enough and makes me carsick in a matter of seconds

I will always be a windows down man

The problem is having a huge tank and terrible mpgs. It costs me 50 dollars to fill up from empty on the cheapest gas. Have a max range of maybe 5 hours driving time, 6 if I'm extremely slow

my new car doesnt have ac and its just the worst thing ever having to drive it in the summer when its raining really hard

In humid areas the air is already saturated so your sweat doesn't evaporate and do its job desert fags and northerners dont understand this

I have a 5.0 cougar and honestly man you get shit mpgs either way and going from 30mpg to 15mpg average isnt a that much of a money difference

t. cleetus math

Forgot to add if your worried about mpgs dont actually fill up i have a 22.1 gallon tank in my cougar and if i remember correctly its about 140 pounds of gas

Literally 10 bucks more a week

car A gets 30 mpg. 280 miles/week= 9.33 gallons. say gas is 3 bucks a gallon car A spends (9.33)(3)= $27.99

car b gets 20 mpg. 280/20= 14. 14x3= $42 per week

Windows down fuck ac

Oh yeah forgot to multiply gas is 2$ a gallon everywhere in my state +/- 10 cents but if your stessin on 20 more bucks in your tank a week you need a different hobby and a roommate

I prefer windows down since I'm not a fat fuck, but sometimes AC is needed.

>which is the better for the driver in terms of comfort?
Wear less clothes for more cooling. But I have to use A/C since I can't arrive all sweaty.

>i remember correctly its about 140 pounds of gas

Gasoline weighs about about 6.3 pounds.

"""It seems impossible that a gallon of gasoline, which weighs about 6.3 pounds, could produce 20 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) when burned. However, most of the weight of the CO2 doesn't come from the gasoline itself, but the oxygen in the air."""

fueleconomy.gov/feg/contentIncludes/co2_inc.htm

"""When gasoline burns, the carbon and hydrogen separate. The hydrogen combines with oxygen to form water (H2O), and carbon combines with oxygen to form carbon dioxide (CO2).

CO2 molecule with one carbon atom (atomic weight 12) and two oxygen atoms (atomic weight of 16 each)A carbon atom has a weight of 12, and each oxygen atom has a weight of 16, giving each single molecule of CO2 an atomic weight of 44 (12 from carbon and 32 from oxygen).

Therefore, to calculate the amount of CO2 produced from a gallon of gasoline, the weight of the carbon in the gasoline is multiplied by 44/12 or 3.7.

Since gasoline is about 87% carbon and 13% hydrogen by weight, the carbon in a gallon of gasoline weighs 5.5 pounds (6.3 lbs. x .87).

We can then multiply the weight of the carbon (5.5 pounds) by 3.7, which equals 20 pounds of CO2!"""

Sweaty picture from e-hentai.org/g/518013/c7608461f1/

Windows down upto 80km, AC after that.

Although, my cars pillars are in really good spots at on the highway with the windows down its not noisy. It's actually unbelievable how quiet it is with the windows down

Alright what are you talkin about with the c02

I'm sorry Director Pruitt. Please don't fire me.

Envirofags really dont belong on Veeky Forums anyways climate change is way over exaggerated

Ac on in personal car

Windows and door open in work vehicle(courier) and still sweat my bag off

this

Window down and rear slider open on the truck until heat index hits the 100-105 zone, then I'll turn on the A/C.

PROPANE

mostly depends on the weather. if it's too humid, raining, or above 90 degrees outside ill turn on the AC. Anything else besides winter my windows are down.

am i the only one who think that people who stick their nasty ass feet out their car window should get their legs cut off to teach them a lesson?