/dlg/ Duel Links General

Need deck advice? Here's step one edition

Last Thread: nobody cares

Latest News
>Ultimate Rising and Age of Discovery will return soon so Konami can stop getting flooded with complaints from Koreans.
>Special duel quizzes are active now. The rewards are hilariously pitiful and you'd have to be a real retard to even have trouble with these.
>Level 50 Kaiba will appear in Duel World May 15th
>The Paradox Brothers will be unlockable as a playable duelist sometime at the end of May. More details will come later
>New minibox is beast focused. It is a very poor quality pack however, new players should spend their gems elsewhere
>Characters have been data mined from all eras of Yugioh. Assume at least some of them will appear at some point.
>A handful of skills will be nerfed/buffed this month, only one of note is Keith's Switcheroo which now requires 1k LP damage to activate.

Useless (Duel) Links:
>sites with good info on LDs, skills and how to obtain cards
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/
New player guides can be found on both sites, and many other places. Use google, Newfags

>A few tips for bad players
- What is this game? It's Yu-Gi-Oh! in mobile format created & suited for quick play. Great if you played the TCG previously and feel nostalgic about it, and not too difficult to learn if you're completely new. If you are stupid don't even bother.
- Turn your battery usage bar up to max in the settings menu
- Everyone with a prismatic card is a retard, especially enemy controllers
- Until rewards are modified to adjust with the increase in difficulty, it is worth considering to not to level past stage 35. This keeps piss easy SDs spawning that auto duel shouldn't fuck up on if you give it a generic beatdown deck
- Try and first level up Mai and Keith to unlock Windstorm of Etaqua and Metalmorph for free

Meg is best girl

How tight is Ishizu?

XYZ WHEN????
LINKS WHEN????
5 zones when?

absolutely BASED OP image

also BAN LIST FUCKING WHEN

GRAVEKEEEPRS NEED TO DIE
THEY'RE GRAVEKEEEPRS AFTERALL
STAY IN THE GRAVE

Fucking Oracle is so broken

>mfw with only some slight tweaking, my Lv40 Kaiba farm deck can easily farm Lv50 Kaiba too

Found this recent pic of you, m8.

Do you think (((They))) are starting to figure out ways past the modded apk?

first update of 1.5 modded apk can't make purchase
second update of 1.5 modded apk can't be used in the duel quiz """""event"""""

Is there any particular reason why the monks aren't warriors? The fuck are they rocks for?

And do rock monsters have any kind of support other than wasteland?

gravekeepers are shit.
Overrated deck for poorfags.

Because they're rock hard baby

>Poorfags
>Needs 3 soul exchanges

I can understand them (meaning probably the developer of the apk) blocking the purchasing option because then Google will be like wtf how'd you buy something in this game that has a different signature and hash then what we offer in our store

It's actually a good thing they did that else they'd be found out

Idk why duel quizzes don't work but w.e. it's a shitty event anyways

>golden apple

Why can't we set the duel on automatic when dueling portal duelists?

Fucking Card Trader never sells Delta

He is selling Delta right now user

Or does it vary from phone to phone?

The latter.

Post deck Krabby

Oh. If it makes you feel any better, I am a poorfag both in and out of the game so it's not like I can get it either

Eww disgusting smelly egyptian pussy

SAYS THE GUY WITH KURIBOH IN THE DECK

Do chest prizes for standard duelists improve as you level up or is it just the cards?

Is just the cards, not even a drop rate appears later after you buy more

Here you go, user.

I'll explain my card choices:

Hunter with 7 Weapons: Most of his monsters are Beast-Warrior, so this is basically a 2000 ATK beater.

4 Star Ladybug: Good for crowd control, if all goes well, you won't need this.

Cobra Jar: Good for defense, provides another monster when destroyed

Bubonic Vermin: Excellent for defense, and can provide tribute fodder.

2x Angel O7: The crux of the deck. Get this guy out asap to stop his DD warrior.

Soul Exchange: Good for getting Angel O7 out earlier.

2x Golden Apples: Lifesavers if you don't draw well. If you can manage to activate them on his Luster Dragon or BEWD, You're set for the duel.

Windstorm: For general defense and protecting tribute fodder (vermin)

3x Riryoku Field: Set at least two of these ASAP. Until he's used both econs, always have these ready.

Piranha, Secret Pass to the Treasures, Riryoku, Riryoku, Gift of Martyr: All part of the farm method.

Basically, your goal is to stall until you can get Angel O7 and Riryoku Fields on the field. Once you do, keep attacking his monsters to stop a BEWD summon.

Once you get to the last turn, do this:
>Summon Piranha
>Activate Secret Pass
>Riryoku Angel->Piranha (2050 ATK)
>Riryoku Angel->Piranha (2675 ATK)
>Gift of Martyr Angel->Piranha (5175 ATK)
>Attack directly, inflict 10,350 direct damage.

You can swap cards out as needed, and I'm sure there are better methods out there, but this pretty much consistently gets me 6-7k. I've farmed him for good every card, all I need now is one more Vigilance.

>not even a drop rate appears later after you buy more
huh?

>check attic
>not there

Rip off

Egyptian pussy is tier 1 though

The same reason Hungry Burger is a warrior and Crawling Dragon #2 is a dinosaur. Some cards just don't make sense

I have 2 super alloy beast raptinus where do I get the rest of the gemini cards to make a gemini deck?
Card trader only has gemini scorpion and woodland archer

Jesus, have you guys seen this card in Lv50 Kaiba's deck?

It's basically a Negate Attack, Jar of Greed, and Conscription all in one.

Skelesaurus and Gearfried Phoenix are the first ones that come to mind, and Skelesaurus is simple enough to get.

You might want to mix something in alongside gemini to round out the deck, there aren't really enough monsters out there

Direct attacks only, so it'll only stop your vassal/piranha.

thats why you gotta run trap jammer 1x (or 2x if you dont use crystal seer)

kaiba 50 looks nasty, but regular unhappy will work

>barely beat some faggot who stalled away with Kiseitai and Mask of Accursed and I wasn't drawing any of my tribute monsters
Even when I win I don't feel any satisfaction from dueling these guys.

I have 2000 gems to spend, should I wait until the old packs come out again?

no, you should spend them on chaos packs

those cards are awful and i already have BLS

Spend them on that pack with the bird holding the giant ball

Ah, missed that part. Definitely not as broken as I thought.

You think Unhappy will work? I'm hopeful, but it depends on his AI. Will he now attack it with DD warrior? Will he use ring of destruction on it? And then he also has soul exchange too. I think this one may be impossible to farm consistently.

he should crash his dd warriors in your girls. and also he should use ROD. So maybe two Seven Tools would be better. And for the DD warriors part. He "only" has two. So three girls are safe.

Maybe we gotta run a combo of Angel 07 or the new nimble mussabi to lock his field.

A Tea Suprise Deck might also work

Nevermind, nothing to see here, I didn't read what I typed

I feel like the surprise present deck would be the best bet in farming him. If you can lock down his back row with xing zeng hu you should be good.

Yeah, I was thinking Surprise Present Jam Breeding Machine? That would shut him down pretty hard. You'd be able to just attack his face down monsters (since he can't summon with JBM, jist set)and lock em with unhappy girl. Again, there's DD warrior, so Angel O7 would have to be included.

he still can and will use econs 2nd effect on you

>tfw I made up level 50 Kaiba when Konami first posted their May sneak peek
>it's actually starting to catch on and people are shilling it other sites

Heh heh

The fact that level 50 Kaiba is a thing or just his deck?

The entire concept of level 50 Kaiba. That's what I started, this alleged deck wasn't me

What about the Jap magazine leaks and the in-game announcement that starting on May 15th a "certain Legendary Duelist is going all out! Face him to obtain never before seen reward cards." Kaiba seems likely.

Not if you can lock it down first

Exactly, I made it all up. There were no magazine leaks, I made that up and people believed it. The only thing I used as evidence was that Kaiba duel links art where he has Chaos Emperor Dragon.

Could it really end up being Kaiba? Sure, but as of right now there is absolutely no real evidence of that being the case, yet people are running with it

>there is absolutely no real evidence of that being the case, yet people are running with it
To be fair people do that with everything. I mean look at the Paradox Brothers speculation

locking down the slimes with unhappy girl wont retain him from using econ or what are you saying?

because if for whatever reason you try to xing zeng his econ he should reply by activating it

You poorfags have to literally dumpster multiple times a day to """""earn""""" 1 to 5 cents worth of gems.

>Poorfags
Just because you have money doesn't suddenly make it okay to waste it on a virtual children's card game. There are plenty of reasons to spend money.

Don't you have a dumpster to dive in?

I tried 3 polyz and I've won 2 matches out of 5 in pvp in yhe first turn cuz I get 1 poly in hand and 2 geminis and one googly golem to go for ftk

I meant to say
>There are plenty of reasons to NOT spend money.

I have more than enough money and I'd still never spend a dime on this game.

What kind of moron thinks thag just because you have money, you can just waste it?

That is actually justified, the little riddle Konami gave us when typed into google brings up the exact riddle the paradox brothers asked Yugi at duelist kingdom

>it less than a second to click on an object and make 10 cents worth of gems
>jobs can make as little as .2 cents a second
wagecucks btfo
>b-but i'm the ceo of a fortune 500 company who just happens to be shitposting about mobile virtual children's card games

>forgetting the "on a taiwanese wood carving workshop"
One fucking job user

>there is absolutely no real evidence
Assault Wyvern and Counter Gate were added in yesterday's update

>Plant Food Chain
Intredasting. Goes well with Storm + Wild Tornado and Skreech finally has a use since it can quickly send Truesdale and Talaya to the Graveyard.

So now that the dust has settled, how would you rate the new box?

Whoever said the keys have equal chances of appearing is full of shit. White keys never

Shittiest mini box so far.
The support they bring to beast monsters is a joke basically send to the graveyeard from your field to get x monster with 2000 atk on the field.

Some keys are more equal than others

and it doesn't work in battle phase so you need the Possum

>attack opponent's face down
>castle walls
>doesn't kill, effect steals my monster
>kills my monster next turn
>kill his monster to steal my back
>repeat 3 more times
>lose

So I've been buying noting but Neo-Impact's hoping to get that last Dino card for a Dinosaur Deck I plan on making once I get access to Rex Raptor. Haven't had much luck so far.
Should I keep striking hoping for gold or get some new packs instead?

Dino Decks are out of the meta, save your gems for something better friendo.

Not Konami's fault that you're retarded

The baboons are extremely good user.

>not Konami's fault that you're retarded
the box is bad user

the Baboons are good but beasts as a whole are shit. I thought that when Obedience Schooled was revealed they would release far better low level beast-types but the best in this pack is Nimble Musasabi

I'm trying to farm keith for a few Goblin Thief cards, which is a better method?

Dueling Lv10 or Lv40? I'm assuming 10, since goblin thief is just a R card, so I don't want to dilute the pool with SR cards and other stuff.

>Turn 19
>all I draw is my fucking entire s/t lineup that allows me to stall until I can get a monster I'm able to normal summon
wtf is this fucking shit, the shuffling on this shit is fucked

Is this bait?

Ofc lvl 40

How is Lv40 better. I literally only want Goblin Thief, I have every other one of his cards. If I duel Lv40, I only get 4 shots, if I duel Lv10, I get 30 tries.

Is this bait?

Ofc lvl 40

you don't know shit about probability, right?

>opponent stalls for time after I clear all his cards
>I spam taunt
>YOU LOSE
Fuck this game. Is Konami ever going to fix this?

and it fucking happened again, I draw 2 monsters on the starting hand and don't see another monster for 12 fucking turns

Well let's assume each card has an equal chance to show up as a reward. Let's also forget about gems, chests, etc for the moment.

I duel a Lv10 Keith and I get a pack, I have a 1/28 (3%) to get Goblin Thief.

If I duel Lv40, it's 1/14 (7%). Six of those are SR/UR, so the 7% could potentially be in the range of 7-11%.

I can easily get 8k on Lv10, meaning I have 8 separate chances for GT. Lv40 is always inconsistent, meaning I could either get 2 for a loss, or 6-7 for a win depending on draws.

If I'm wrong, please explain how.

Do you guys ever duel each other or is it just banter

how do you taunt?

ld on lv10 and 20 love to spam those common regular drops that you can get from every duelist
even on lv30 you will get this shit rather than the duelists rare cards
lv40 on the other hand cant hand out those shit cards and you will get all those rares you need

source: being a stupid user that dueled mai lv10 for harpies and never got any. But then after switching to lv40 get like 8 in 3 duels

What's the point when everyone plays the same deck

Enable "Character Lines" in the settings menu, then tap your character's head.

Which character has the best taunts?

Seto.
Bakura.
Other are shit.

Is bakura a playable character? I thought he was just from an event.

What should I is and my gems on? I'm about to hit the 9999 gem cap and I need an outlet.

All posts saying Ultimate Rising or Water World will be ignored.

>Enable "Character Lines"
sounds like waste of time then

You unlock him in that event.

9k gems should be enough to create a new deck from scratch with the new pack

I wish the vagabond's rewards weren't ass to incentivise you to actually build a deck around challenges instead of autodueling for a free 1k xp.

I just started a new game on Bluestacks and after collectin freebies, I have 1740 gems. What do?

This. I've beaten him a few times now but it's so underwhelming because you don't actually get anything that's worth the effort.

I wish we could see the vagabond's deck post-duel