I want to ride a motorcycle, but I'm afraid dying a slow painful death on the side of a highway

i want to ride a motorcycle, but I'm afraid dying a slow painful death on the side of a highway.
What do
>pic related

Take a riding course and grow some balls.

More like a slow painful death at an intersection. Few motorcycle accidents occur at highway speeds. Take a riding course and be very honest with yourself. Do you have the innate skill it takes to ride safely? Riding a motorcycle is not for normies unless you want to die.

Biking is scary as shit. Every time I go to work on my bike, I feel as if my life is on the line (particularly as people drive like utter cunts around where I live, and it's all fast roads).

The thrill is part of the whole experience, so I think you have two mechanisms:

1) live in denial and try to bullshit yourself about accident statistics and being an amazing rider - there is always some cunt not paying attention, and while you learn to preempt this (eg any fucking taxi should be given a wide berth), there may come a time you just weren't paying attention.

2: Accept your mortality. I've lost two of my closest friends in recent years. How? They went to bed. One had a brain haemorrhage, the other a pulmonary embolism, with no apparent warning sides. Everyone does eventually, so you can't live your whole life being afraid of it. It could happen to you in five minutes from now when you're sitting on your ass, or in 50 years after pulling all kinds of stupid/dangerous shit.

This is general advice to consider. I'd say if you're that afraid, riding isn't for you. You need to be able to keep a level head in hazardous (busy traffic) or outright dangerous situations . If just the thought of getting on a bike scares you so much, I doubt you'll be able to maintain a cool head and make he right decisions when it gets a bit hairy.

WTF I love cruisers now

BTW all the chrome you see on that Honda is plastic.

its part of the deal of riding a motorcycle. if youre not comfortable with possibly dying then dont bother.

I thought I wanted a motorcycle until I drove a manual jeep wrangler with no top or doors at highway speed through houston traffic in a thunderstorm. That day I wisely realised that a motorcycle wasn't for me. Sports cars are safer, much more comfy, and still a blast

Agreed that sports cars can be a lot of fun and are inherently more comfortable.

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in the UK £10k-£15k will buy you a ludicrously fast and well engineered, brand new bike. Spend the same on a newcar, and your getting something generic/civilian that is hardly going to excite.

I think biking is an overall different experinice though. I enjoy both

funny
i bought a bike because i want to die
not actively trying to, just increasing the chances of it happening. i'm that much of a pussy but it's been fun riding a bike.
still haven't had any close calls or anything

Realise that dying isn't a bad thing.

It's getting turned into a vegetable, that's what sucks.

Cars aren't safe either, you're just lulled into a false sense of security because you're inside a comfy, warm box being held in with a seat belt.

You either ride, or you don't. Operating any sort of motor vehicle is just risk management, whether it's a car or a bike or a bus or a truck. You do your best to minimise the risk and you also accept that there's always going to be the possibility of someone plowing into you at over 9000 miles an hour.

It's just that on a bike there's no seatbelt to hold you in, no doors or roof or floor to kid you that you're perfectly safe.

Riding is pure.

Also the highway is one of the safest places to be on a bike. Way more risk in the city, you don't have roundabouts or cross streets or parking on the side of the road on a highway.

tl;Dr dying is the least of your worries, go out and enjoy yourself

I use to ride user, til last july i was taken out by a asian in a suv, the bikes frame snapped but i didn't get injured which i believe was to do with have good quality gear and only going around 60km.

The only reason i say use to is that i bought a car to get my car license but after riding driving feels so boring.

im saving up for my next bike now, most likely a VN 900 custom

Ride without a helmet or any safety gear. Speed recklessly at all times. If you crash it won't be slow and painful like all these fags wearing their gay BDSM cosplay gear and tard helmets.

Metal chrome is such a pain in the ass to keep nice, a little too much moisture and the fucking thing starts surface rusting.

and dont give me that shit about quality, Ive owned chrome across various platforms and chromed metal is just a chore

Ok, say that after you spill some gas on your chrome transmission cover and the plastic coating bubbles, because that's what happened on my buddy's Shadow.

i want to go outstide, but im afraid dying a slow painful death from sun cancer
what do

>Wear gear, reflective gear.
>Wear a full face helmet.
>Wear a camera, if only for evidence in the event a hit and run.
>Don't be such a pussy.
>Don't remove, downsize or black out important functional things like blinkers, mirrors, headlights, taillights, etc.
>Don't constantly speed, weave through traffic or try to drag knee everywhere.
>Avoid riding at night as much as humanly possible as humanly possible.
>Avoid riding on congested highways with lots of neighborhoods and left turns as much as humanly possible.
>Avoid riding in Niggerton, USA as much as humanly possible.

If you still die after following all of that as well as other things mentioned in the thread previously, then God just hates you and has a great sense if humor.

>Ride without a helmet or any safety gear.
I was in a hit and run last week, my helmet hit the pavement so hard it cracked like an eggshell. If I wasn't wearing it I'd either be dead or a vegetable. Instead I am perfectly fine except a couple raspberries. You are giving terrible advice, if you go into motorcycles wanting to die, you will.

Drive faster then, you'll die much more quickly.

just don't crash

act as if everyone else on the road is a dumbfuck and trying to kill because they are. You need to be the ultimate defensive driver.

they are no more dangerous than scooters. its all in how you ride them.

Actually Motorcycles are less dangerous than scooters, Scooters can't keep up with traffic (making them prone to being passed unsafely by cars), are less visible (they sit lower) and are aren't as maneuverable at higher speeds.

>scooters are more dangerous
>my speedometer goes to 180mph

look at this new age faggot

his bike has a speedo

Speed isn't dangerous without context.

180mph on a track? Fine. 180mph down a suburban street? Deathwish.

Scooters are also more unstable than bikes when hit by crosswinds, and there's nothing to hold on to with tour legs.

The adrenaline will mitigate any pain my lad. So long as you die quickly.