We are currently looking for a certain method of comms between a Pit Crew and a driver

We are currently looking for a certain method of comms between a Pit Crew and a driver.

Do you have any idea ?

Other urls found in this thread:

revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-baka-10-bluetooth-stereo-headset?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwajLmeO81QIVhiOBCh04nQZyEAQYAiABEgKz4fD_BwE
forums.radioreference.com/industry-discussion/344810-what-frequencies-professional-race-teams-using.html
forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=27166
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you tried carrier pigeons?

Hasn't this already been done? I'd imagine just radio. If the track is large enough, you need a dedicated relay. Im mostly bullshiting here, but it's what common sense would tell me.

we did but when the bird would land on the car it would die bcs of all the mud and rocks flying around our vehicle... also some hunter once shot our transmitter... poor billy died in duty

it sounds easy but when you got 100+ teams racing on a track you get clashes in the channels.

WiFi repeaters all over the track or just one really strong signal

Feelsbadman, what kind of racing is it?

>Do you have any idea ?

pic related...

oh my god, that looks fucking beautiful

Im looking for an optmized blue print to a system where we wont disconnect at any point on the track...

after further research i noticed the VFH would be optimal in our case since its in the out doors and far from things and maybe install a flexible antenna on the vehicle since VHF relies on line of site apparently

we compete vs other uni's ...

but we need to up our comms to reduce on pit time...

see if you can get equipment for under 80mhz. its what the military uses because civ radio is 88mhz+ for no risk of interference so its obviously going to be pretty much dead air

thanks but would that cause legal problems . also wouldn't you need some sort of licence

Cheap baofeng radios. Get ur HAM licenses

>HAM
looking into it... Seems like an answer !

You cannot use HAM frequencies for commercial purposes, really anything other than for HAM radio usage. The other bands are reserved as well unless you get something like a set of walkie talkies. He can use CB like a regular pleb.

Sena helmet communicators?
revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-baka-10-bluetooth-stereo-headset?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwajLmeO81QIVhiOBCh04nQZyEAQYAiABEgKz4fD_BwE

Well there are lots of options. Twin gimbals auto aligning gamma lasers would be my best option, near impossible to intercept and can still penetrate most of the mud cloud your car kicks up unlike more common IR beams.

But some radio would probably be much easier to build. But you got the issues of lots of users within the same area so you want something to avoid interference.

Two major ways to avoid interference are to coordinate everyones frequencies, so the race committee or governing body should have rules. Mandating some finer set digital channels should work well given how low your data rate is, assuming this is just low quality audio for talking. So coordination, good equipment and some simple communication protocol for the digital setup should work wonders, but everyone would need to do it.

Alternatively you use frequencies that are mostly empty (and legal), but many of those are empty for a reason, i.e. range or static is poor. Some relays can address some of these issues and stationary relays are much easier to setup laser link communication if cables are out of the question, repeaters can work but bring in lag and interfaces which can add up depending on setup. Also do you care about encryption, super completive tracks actually use it so other teams can't hear them. But then again if people are going that crazy I say why not jammer them or assassinate the driver as it just a logical next step to blindly obtain victory at all costs.

Looking over similar cases I found this.

forums.radioreference.com/industry-discussion/344810-what-frequencies-professional-race-teams-using.html

forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=27166

Looks like the professional either buy a frequency out right or loan it from an interested party like Nascar and Goodyear.
Note I only wasted 10 mins looking into this, sure you could dig deeper.

thanks mate !!!!

>Twin gimbals auto aligning gamma lasers
dafuq is that ???

Zello app

dafuq is this gif trying to show me?

its a my way of gifting people... when someone gives me good info i return in good faith a image or gif that i have recently saved on my laptop.

if you look closely in the middle your eyes will create an illusion where the features of both people will mix and make funny faces.

try it and dont worry its not a jump scare...and if you dont trust me watch it once from far away and then when it restarts watch the center point .

thank you !

Exactly what it sounds like.
You put two gamma lasers on separate gimbals that automatically keep the beam in aliment regardless of movement. And use it like you would a typical remote laser data link. Although you technically only need one to work.

I am a big fan of remote laser data links as they address a number of common problems I see with remote networks, but they aren't perfect for everything. But given our spectrum catastrophe issue they are a vital tool if we want to keep wireless up in the future. Personally I think wireless is overused and not regulated enough. Yea kind of a big picture nut job I know, but it is a limited resource and we can't keep wasting it like we do.

But it was more of a joke as a miniaturizing the gamma source, the high power demands and real time motion adjustments make such a setup a nightmare. Although it would work well if those issues were addresses as the theory is sound. And you get major bragging points for using a literal death-ray as a wally-talky.

Thanks for the legitimate thank you. The !!!! was nice.
These picture worked as a kid, but now they just give me headaches, they don't work on everyone.
Some of my more useful Google hit had "FCC" in them as they kind of run the show for these in the US.
Thinking about it more this reminded me of my alma mater Baja SAE team (Missouri S&T). I hate to think I helped a competitor, but I like solving problems. And honestly these competitions are kind of sad nowadays, huge lack of innovation, just copying the winning strategy from last time. Granted physics does dictate a lot of it, but we need games changers if we want to really grow. And those monstrous rule books they drop don't help. Literally walked out on Solar house & car interest meetings after reading the rules basically banned creativity. Not so sure about Baja as I didn't look at it as much, but I assume your rule book is a pain as well. I'd ask what team, but it pin you down to like 20 people.

>Asking Veeky Forums for serious advice
>What could possibly go wrong

This thread made me feel like I wasnt on Veeky Forums. OP got advice and took the joke responses in good spirits

Idk how big your tracks are, but why not some ptt app and a bluetooth earpiece

Snapchat