Minimalist Car Stereo

This is a long shot, but around two years ago this thread came up and a number of people submitted designs for a nice, discreet car stereo. No flashing color changing sharp edges with 20 buttons bullshit.

I know I saved them, but I can't find them now.
If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd love to have them again for reference in a project I'm working on.

Other urls found in this thread:

summitracing.com/parts/res-rc9c5020676?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-retrosound&gclid=CjwKCAjwk4vMBRAgEiwA4ftLs5sEzXfYSBe3j806MUbpg8kJp-LQvQTHxD46L8RbinWRl2RiVcG39RoC9VQQAvD_BwE
archive.4plebs.org/o/
classiccarstereos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

summitracing.com/parts/res-rc9c5020676?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-retrosound&gclid=CjwKCAjwk4vMBRAgEiwA4ftLs5sEzXfYSBe3j806MUbpg8kJp-LQvQTHxD46L8RbinWRl2RiVcG39RoC9VQQAvD_BwE

This?

It was just Veeky Forums's take on what a decent looking stereo would look like, made in photoshop. Still looking through about 300gb of saved pictures trying to find it.

From what I remember, it looked similar to that link.
Brushed aluminum face, one knob on the left side for volume. No flashy lights, simple screen, two or three buttons?
I'm getting sick of looking for a decent head unit that doesn't look like fast n the furious, so I've ordered a few parts to make my own and I remember the designs Veeky Forums came up with being extremely aesthetic.

Have you tried searching here?
archive.4plebs.org/o/

Was just doing that, I actually found two of them.

classiccarstereos.com/
have two of their products in my Cutlass S and my 442, funny thing was they were cheaper than buying working originals

Well, fuck it, looks like I'll be trying to make one of the two I posted. BC127 bluetooth module and a few parts in my bin should do it.
The challenge will be making a nice face plate for it, but I can probably get some anodized aluminum and use the mill at work during lunch.

wire up an amp and a phone docking station and just a cord coming out to a phone mount in your car.

This is what I had, but I didn't like it. The paranoia of getting a ticket to skip/pause music along with dealing with a touch screen that requires me to avert my eyes from the road, and I hate cords.

Just buy quality speakers and connect your phone to them.

Then take speakers with you when you leave

my bud's got a 3d printer and a cnc machine. hmu. I want one of these

[email protected]

like a beats pill? because lol road noise
or do you mean run a home stereo off an inverter? because thats retarded for a multitude of reasons

Just buy a 80's Alpine

> Cassettes are still cool, right?
> Tape Adaptors for phones
> Radio

Jobs done

How are you gonna make one OP? Raspberry Pi and a custom face?

If you get it done, post what you come up with. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how it turns out. Judging by how often threads come up looking for something similar, I'd imagine plenty of other Veeky Forumstists would too, despite the fact that most of em would probably use a screwdriver as an anal toy before they'd ever turn a screw with one.

I've replaced the speakers in my E30 but the overall sound is still ass and the volume knob makes loud static sounds. anyone know of something that would look respectable and inconspicuous in an 80's interior environment?
>pic related

thats a nice photograph

depending on the car this and this would work well together

thanx :^) oc from the day I got the car

Why not simply a hidden amp and an aux jack or bluetooth transmitter? Who listens to FM or records anymore?

buy a bluetooth headunit and hide it under a seat or in the dash

No reason to use a tape adapter

look into 90's alpines. I picked one up, without a screen on the front of the din. it's literally a input button and a volume knob and pretty aesthetic.

Will do, looking into the enclosure for now. Electronics are the easy part for me. Thinking of getting some cheap single DIN box off amazon to play with at first.