/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Feared not the dark
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OWbRDmO98d8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for cuckolding

Cute...

What is the best way to look super edgy in demon's souls?

Lucifer is underrated

So, how long until it's nerfed?

Asking again because last thread died, can a 2h R1 still combo into the Call to Stone WA on Ledo's Great Hammer? Thanks Anons.

>swing first
>do damage second

Gee I sure love losing all these fights. Maybe hittting myself with a ballpeen hammer will fix this.

Yurt armor + Lava Bow

Truth is not bait

Considerations are made for when they are released, and DeS felt the most finished and had the best atmosphere. The systems were way more in depth as well.

Reminder that DS3 is the most boring game in the series and every ending means fucking nothing.

>Enemies have infinite stamina, armor is useless, block is pretty much useless as well vs a lot of enemies / bosses. On the topic of melee builds in pve only very fast weapons are viable. The weak spots of bosses are nonexistent on most.

you either didn't play DaS3 or you're unbelievably bad at it. though DaS2 is piss easy so I can see why it suits you better.

needs more legion etiquette and slow walking

memes aside holy shit the weapon is so fun

No game is perfect. It's just the best game on the market today.

Definitely the best in the Souls series.

And a nice Dark Soul to you, my dude

What's with all the fucking gank squads in Anor Londo?
All I want is to get my fucking dregs but bitches be being faggots and not letting me.

How are you struggling? Post your build. I can easily get 30 in not even a full day

>hey kid, do you want to buy some memes?

Cuteness OVER!

>DeS was the most finished
>intro talks about 6 archstones
>in-game only 5

Thats precisely why, because faithfuls get summoned there, so hosts think its fun to pop a finger and summon 3 sun bros + 2 blues
Its the exact same in crucifixion woods

>and every ending means fucking nothing.
are you implying they ever did before?

Thank miyacucky for the glorious DS3 invade system that prioritizes worlds phantoms :D

user, no.

Land of Giants was DaS1.

What do you mean considerations are made for when they are released? That doesn't change the fact that the game has worse bosses, build variety, and OST than most of the other games.

What do you think the strengths in Demon's Souls are, besides the atmosphere? I'm genuinely curious.

They did in DeS, DS1, DS2, and BB.
What did you accomplish in DS3?
What makes DS3 different from any other Soulsborne game? Nothing.

So whats effective against the Super Demon Bros, should I invest some materials into a Black Knight weapon?

Cute!

>They did in DeS, DS1, DS2, and BB.
No they didn't.

did the patch add anything cool or interesting?

why would nameless king be in the back there looking devilish

he likes dragons, and also that's his sister

How not so, sir?

I once joined a fc as a faithful
also, area defenders don't trigger blues, only reds and purples

How muxh they nerfed gael/paired ugs and by how much they buffed Farron memesword?

Maybe i'll comeback for this shity gaem

For example, if I rate two games based on their graphics, I am not going to hold Super Metroid to the same standards as Metroid Prime.

BKS + BK shield or BKGS if you're feeling cocky
both are quality weapons

No user, when I say it's OVER it's OVER

any ps4bros need help?

paired ugs are backstab bait now because no more retarded tracking
farron memesword has higher damage and that's pretty much it

None of the endings mean anything besides a different cutscene and in some cases an extra boss

>do some sl 60 invasions
>every other host has a "scaled down" phantom with them

I really wish passwords would only extend the summoning range by 40 levels or something.

Yes but there is quite a big difference between those two games graphically. I don't think you can really compare the graphics quality in the souls series, they're all fairly similar.

They buffed Paired UGS.

>gael
untouched
>paired ugs
from trash tier to literally unusable tier
>Farron memesword
patrician weapon for parry gods, now capable of breaking 600 AR

I use yurts armor, assassins mask and hitless + makoto. Looks very edgy.

Any Black Knight weapons that scale good with strength? I'm playing on my Ledo build, so I've got 66 STR to put to use.

Are you autistic by any chance? You seem to have trouble understanding things past their face value, and analogies always seem to go over your head.

>Its the exact same in crucifixion woods
I noticed. I don't even have 30 wolf's blood yet because of that shit and the long summons in-between.

you realize scaled down phantoms are weaker due to how the scaling works

you're just shit

now complaining about someone with 2ugs or gaels in farron woods that i understand

I can't tell if you're just being an grumpy ironic cunt, or if you even really play video games.

Have you ever fought a scaled down phantom? The down scaling is barely noticeable and they have access to +10 weapons while all my weapons are +6.

>hitless + makoto

why two katanas?

Goddamn seath all I want is moonlight, fucking Christ your a pussy to chaos weapons.

>scaled down phantoms are weaker
They are still a little stronger than the ones that aren't scaled down.

Always? This is the first time I've talked to you since the release of DKS3, I believe. Haven't come into /dsg/ in quite a while.

There wasn't an analogy there anyways. Regardless, all I did was ask why you think DeS is better than most of the games in the series. If it's just for atmosphere and the fact that it feels more complete, then that doesn't seem like a very good ranking to me personally.

did they patch the infinite respecs? I was loving testing out different builds to find a sweet spot

So, do you guys miss boss tail weapons or not?

I think the mechanic was fun

Was Lautrec's armor unique to him or did other knights and followers of Fina wear it?

Because I'm a fucking weeb, and I like those two weapons. Well, I switch between makoto and adjudicators shield, which kind of ruins the look.

>>There wasn't an analogy there anyways.
See what I mean.

Subjective, user.

Dark Souls 3 has a lot of flaws but I appreciate a lot of what it does. The environment design is great and the atmosphere of many areas is excellent, even though DS3 never really has as good atmosphere as Bloodborne does. The tone of the game is gritty and while sone people don't like the washed out colours, I think it fits DS3's tone fairly well.

Dark Souls 3 has a lot of excellent combat encounters and even though Bloodborne's combat is way more satisfying, for the SOULS series DS3 has pretty good combat.

The regular enemy and bossfight design is very good, armor design is good, I like DS3's starting classes and sets the best out of any Soulsborne game.

There's no difference between the endings of DaS1 and DaS3 so I don't know what you're complaining about.
You link the fire or you be a lazy asswipe and don't. Then there's a couple extra ones in DaS3 where you can step on the firekeeper's head or become a lord for Londor.
If anything DaS3's endings are better than DaS1.
But in the end they all mean 'nothing' because they have no actual impact on the game, just give you a cutscene that can be vaguely interpreted

I'm struggling because I'm fighting 2-3 people at once and any friendly invaders in the area just sit and stare at me like a bunch of retarded fucking faggots because of "muh honor" or some or stupid ass fucking dogshit like that, I don't know. Or I invade some dude who's using obscuring ring and hiding the entire time so I end up separating out.

I think the mechanic was interesting at least. Gave a bit of extra challenge to the bosses that had them, since most of them were pretty easy.

No next round of patches will take care of it, reddit won't shut up about it.

why even

>his sister
Niece at best.

why can't you learn how to parry /dsg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=OWbRDmO98d8

This is fucked up.

He wants to fuck Midir

fuckin outmemed

I agree with everything except for
>armor design is good
I fucking hate that they reintroduced all the sets of enstabilished characters like Ornstein, Smough, Artorias and Solaire instead of what makes sense like Steel, Wanderer or Balder.
Playing characters look like shit wearing spiky high fantasy armor anyway, they look like the discount version of the original owner of the armor.

>There's no difference between the endings of DaS1 and DaS3
DaS1's endings meant something because it was the original game in the story / universe. DaS3's endings are uninspired.

Damage doesn't matter if you can't hit your foe.

Did you fucker ever watched Trunks vs Cell?

ha ha ha ha ha ha 8 hours of my life for blue lightning sparks ha ha ah

Get fucked PUGS-fags

This is why not many people like you, Lucifer. You keep trying to tiptoe around the question instead of just answering it. Maybe just answer the question next time instead of acting like this, man.

don't let bads meme on you, it's better than the lighting buff because of endurance, etc and shit for pvp

>parry shield
>hornet pre-equipped
>vs GH
is this fucking bait you predictobble little piece of shit

I thought they were buffed.

Watch the video you tool! You can't track for shit.

>DaS3's endings are uninspired.
You said first that they meant nothing, but now you just say they're uninspired?

Anyway, DaS3's endings show that the linking of fire leads nowhere but the same result, but is also largely diminished with how the rekindling is pathetically small. It reuses the endings of the original to represent the endless cycles the world has gone through and where it has lead to.
Also you're ignoring the two other endings.

>Witch's Locks
>Great weapon for pyroman characters who don't want to invest in the stats for demon fists or crucifix
>Only available at the end of the game unless you cheese Dancer and make a bullshit run through Lothric Castle and the Dragonslayer Armour to get it

Fuck

I love Dark Souls 3 but I agree on the armor department. Some high fantasy armor is nice, like the Ringed Knight set, but I would have liked more stuff like Lapp's and the regular Knight armor. I know Lapp's isn't very realistic because it's a jousting set, but it's more grounded and has way more style than seeing everyone running around being a tiny Artorias or Ornstein with a Darksword. I would mention like Fallen Knight armor though, even if it has that awful noob/edgelord stigma I believe it has good style. I would have liked more of that as well.

I have never liked boss armor very much, like you said it often looks lame on players.

>opening the menu before the parry was even confirmed
I wish I could be this confident.
I fucking wish I could even parry in pvp

don't need to

2UGS always fucked up shitters because shitters don't know how to space against the l1s, which are the only attack shitters use when they equip it.
The WA was the only thing that allowed it to remotely compete at higher level play because it could be freeaimed.
And, guess what? The wa got nerfed, the l1s got buffed.

You have to kill all the Lords of Cinder to get into the archives.
>DS3 pve

Good riddance.

Tired of seeing that gay ass weapon everywhere.

>they did in DS2
>the ending of ds2 literally says that the ending doesn't matter
Kek.

>sets of established characters
Gotta have that fanservice. I mean sure enough, it's the last game in the series but I just feel it's super tasteless to put in the armors of Ornstein, Artorias and Smough into the game where they don't have anyvreal relevance left. I suppose for cosplay purposes they might be cool but otherwise they felt like the only reason they were there because DS3 wanted to be the high school reunion episode of the Souls games.

FUCK

* I would mention I also like

I butchered that sentence, sorry.

>finally beat demon prince on my twink and get lightning arrow
>Immediate desire to make new sorc twink and get great soul dregs
Holy fuck just let me enjoy my faith twink for like 3 seconds would ya.

It's a good thing it was a nerf instead of a buff. Just more proof you can't trust From's patch notes.

>you now realize that the Souls series is an ingenious formula to sell you the exact same game over and over
All this time and money was such a fucking waste.

+1 on this

ds3 is severely lacking for regular soldier armours, plenty of realistic knight armours but they get very samey after a while

even if they just ported over the hard leather and varangian sets from ds2 it would have been a huge improvement

>Just more proof you can't trust From's patch notes.
It literally said in the patch notes that it reduced the WA's tracking. People were just idiots and got up in arms over the damage/stamina buff.

If Dark Souls 2 established the fact that the cycle will continue forever, then why the fucking shit did we even need a third installment?