/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Onward to Glory Edition

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>News
FNN 14: ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-14
Full Glitch in the Frontier patch notes including the quiet stuff: i.imgur.com/iHn1mOf.png

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

qt.catbox.moe/720859
youtube.com/watch?v=JSXgDZhbC2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for best boy

Thanks senpai

For those who wanted to save the other OP's image.

Buff Scorch and Northstar famm

>women
Where are my buttboi nosearts?

Same desu. She's my highest after Northstar. Ion is Baeon.

the fact is, those who are really serious about FPS games and multiplayer competition will play on PC because that is where competition is the strongest. The PS4 controller is nice, but in FPS it limits what you can do. You can't turn around in an instant. You must always wait for your cursor to move. Good luck air-strafing 270 degrees in a single slide hop. Entire types of techniques and tactics are removed because of this, which leaves it a simpler and more casual version of the full game. If you could use keyboard and mouse on console, I would have no complaints. Just plug in the USB and go. You could even have crossplay, and the PC players' only advantage would be better frame rates and resolution. But as it is there will never be a Benchy on console. You can call names all you want, but the hardcore will take 'elitist' as a compliment and mock your whining and call you a scrub because they think your attitude is ridiculous. It's not like PC is actually better than console in every measurable way, in both control and hardware power - no, it's just that the people there are mean. Well shit in this game they are trying to KILL each other! Why would you be bothered by a little name calling? If you want something nice and cuddly you should play a jrpg.

Northstar is already fantastic.

Scorch does need a buff but I'm unsure what would be good and fair. I think either improving his reload time or changing Dermal Plating to give him full invulnerability from his own fire while decreasing the amount he takes normally to about 20-50% instead of full damage.

Is it true that timing your melee in Scorch can shorten the reload? And if it's true, is it worth it?

>Northstar
Northstar is pretty good right now except for the core. It's absolutely dogshit.

rate my scorch changes

>delete tempered plating and make it standard (scorch always has it)
>make firewall twice as wide
>reload on launcher reduced slightly
>new kit: traps instantly trigger instead of needing to be ignited
>scorched earth: the extra thermite now persists for a few more seconds
>fuel for the fire: increase reduction to 3 seconds

scorch is already strong and balanced.

Nigger the core has Northstar's highest damage output of you can fucking aim

When's the last time you saw a twink fuccboi painted on a piece of military hardware?

>always has plating

And you've broken him. This makes him way too powerful when added with other kits. The rest of the list is equally retarded.

Zooming tightens the rocket spread.

Projectile needs speed. Not hitscan, but not so slow she has to lead a Titan a building away from her.

I would love those changes.

henlo massive target

I mean northstar is basically unusable to like 95% of the player base so I'm sure they will end up buffing her and then I will turn into more of a rape machine until they nerf her. Or maybe having to aim and lead even a little bit will always keep her as "under powered" to most players. I've been enjoying this ronin bug fix since now those retards think they should come fuck with me.

no it doesnt

scorch has always been sitting in last place

Use Viper Thrusters and fly over them so they have to correct their aim while you keep salvo-ing

Faggots get gassed on the Frontier. They also are creatively bankrupt and lack talent.

Okay sw.

She's pretty much MVP in LTS. I've lost so many games because of a sneaky Northstar skirting around the battle field and picking off me and the three remaining players with low health once we finish dealing with her teammates. She's not very anti-pilot but she does her job well that I dont think she needs a buff or a nerf.

sw?

>Gen 2 on every titan but scorch
>didn't know this

>She's not very anti-pilot
Cluster Missile clears a Pilot-sized room very quickly.

If you lose a 4v1 wew lad also NS is fucking great for anti pilot, clusters clear whole rooms and are great for batteries and the rail gun lets you hit cross map and easily goose ejects.

its really not bad anymore. the only shitty is thing is that you just automatically die if anyone else has their core, not including scorch.

Just slap your boi pilots butt in the drop ship next time you see him other than that be nice to pretty ladies on titans

>Ion
Utilize your three fucking dashes and get to cover during the windup animation. If you're ever more than 1~2 dashes from a building or something then you're playing NS wrong.
>other northstar
Hover, without splash damage her core is dick
>Ronin
Maybe fucked depending on whether or not you have a bunch of tethers set
>Legion
See Ion
>Tone
There is no counter to tone's core in this game.
>Scorch
I agree with you here, it never gets old hitting hover and having it harmlessly pass under.

im not sure if this was a stealth change, but energy shields completely block salvo core now. legion can 100% block it even without the bulwark kit.

Legion has the best noseart waifu

scorch has TWO ladies though!

Scorch is a close second.

It's only dogshit without Viper Thrusters. Speaking of which regular hover IS fucking dogshit.

Viper Thrusters should really be base and the kit something upgraded.

Does it 100%? I've blocked it before and it always seems to tear through and deal about a bar and a half or something. But I'm completely unaware of what else might be shooting the shield though so go figure.

Longer lasting Flight Core then

>not space northstar

legions shield doesnt cover him fully so some might get through, but salvo rockets do absolutely nothing to energy shields.

Or a faster core fire rate.

In a 1v1 with competent players, Ronin has almost no chance against Northstar because of their similar mobility. Sure you're fucked if you get pinned, but anyone else is too.

qt.catbox.moe/720859

14 year olds aren't interested in them so there are none
get the fuck out of my general newfag

dis

Must be discord faggotry, I think there was a quote from trump or something about "I have never seen a good discord tfg player they are all low energy hitscan users. Its very sad! Sad!"

This was true before sword block was "fixed" to block railgun. Now it's the opposite. If you have a competent Ronin they WILL close the gap, and worse they'll do it with most of their health because its incredibly obvious when you should raise the sword block for the railgun.

Not really. Ronin can't close the gap when he is blocking, so if there are no other titans around, nothing prevents Northstar from whittling his health down for longer. Also, because of sword block activation time, you only need to fake out Ronin once to land a fully charged shot. Or just land a cluster/tether and he will have to block. Sure, it's harder, but it doesn't give Ronin the definitive advantage.

Not that I think it should have been 'fixed.' when there are 8 other titans involved who knows what will happen.

I wanna add onto the argument. It's incredibly difficult to close that gap. You'll have a huge advantage if you can catch NS by surprise. It's a win right there if you do. But if she's aware, you have to get through tethers, viper thrusters, clusters, and fully charged shots that push you back.
As long as you're using sword block, you're not closing the gap. It's really just dependent on the NS aim.

>must be discord faggotry
owner of the website and the ingame network, but newfags like you don't remember any of that :^)

I think Ronin should be able to block the railgun, he's frail enough for a close range Titan as is.
I also think Northstar is pretty weak currently but that's mostly unrelated to Ronin.

Your initial scenario is 1v1 with competent players on both sides. This invalidates the fact that you can't close the gap while blocking. Because you'd only ever block when their railgun is fully charged. Which is only a momentary pause to your speedy advance. Honestly though they should have given piercing shot the ability to do full damage to ronin in block. Or at least more. I want more viable kits than viper thrusters and enhanced cluster.

Oh so it is discord faggotry and the guy that doesn't remove people from the group and mismanages everything so we get faggot drama spill over from the discord.

Well its a good thing he can already.

I know, I'm just arguing against reverting the change.

newfag

Northstar is just as fast as Ronin. If the players are both good, and they start far apart, Ronin will never catch up. lol.

The change makes zero sense since normally railguns in all media can penetrate shit conventional weapons can't, plus the like 6 or 7 months for the "bug fix" makes me think they lied about it being a bug and not it just being a feature. However I hope they don't revert it since now ronins think they can fight northstars ez pz and then they die rather than just fucking off immediately and fucking up my retarded teammates.

You forget that most ronin players are fucking retarded and its apparently the most played titan on rddt. So like 99% of them block the whole fucking time, unblock and get crit in the face then block until the northstar has another full charge shot rinse and repeat until they freak out and spam and die. Piercing shot definitely should penetrate though since its a fucking railgun and can penetrate whole titans with that and because I also want more than 2 kits I would ever use lol.

Correct. Again, though, the scenario was a competent 1v1.

Xbone get the fuck on its 10 till

Most railguns aren't also ridiculously slow. Making sense isn't something they're preoccupied with.

Probably that fag sniper waifu

>people who main an SMG weapon and think they are hot shit

is there any worse kind of faggot?

>be me
>manlet militia rifleman
>swat viper out of the sky like the fly he is
lmao I thought the skies belonged to him

>is there any worse kind of faggot?
Yes actually. People who brag about not using non hitscan weapons EX: Any grenadier weapons and memestiff

you could have just said tfg

t. CARfag

so you're saying to not be a faggot you have to use SAWs, carbines, or snipers?

no, I believe he's saying use the weapons you find fun to use, not to brag and act smug about them

but if I can't be a smug pos then what's the point?

If you are running around with a CAR, Alternator or r97 with a pro screen with 10000+ xp and phase shift I will just assume you are a talentless shitter

but user, the best players all use hitscan. projectile weapons with their big aoes are crutches for people who can't aim, except kraber and to some extent mastiff.

I had a game the other day that came down to 495-495 we lost, probably my fault since I died a lot that game

>fire EPG
>in the time it takes the projectile to travel to the target, the other guys r97 has fired 20 times with absolute accuracy
>as your destroyed body hits the ground, he sidesteps the EPG rocket

yeah its so balanced, everythings great

do projectiles just disappear after you die? i feel like it happens with the saltball and the crunderbolt all the time

You mean the EPG rocket disappears?

Oh I know we just have to be realistic about the balancing they aren't going to balance off of good players lol.
Do you mean slow to charge? Because the projectiles are fast as fuck.

if the other guy can track you perfectly, then he is good at aiming, user.

I got sick of people bitching about literally every weapon so I won a round of attrition with 300 points using only melee. The enemy team bitched so much that they disconnected one by one until no one was left of the original team.

moral: scrubs are always resentful because they always lose

>Play through the campaign again on hard
>Beat Viper, but he's wrestling with BT
>"Take the shot Cooper"
>Mastiff is reloading and I have parkinsons aim
>He pulls out BT's AI core and crushes it
[spoiler>"]BT-7274 was destroyed"
Speed may be life, but some things you just can't forgive

i've decided to amp my CAR so i'm spamming it, sorry m8

grapple 4 lyf

Did they change something here? You still get penalized for joining losing games.

nah shitscan sucks. projectiles are better because they can be dodged and require more skill to hit a target with. with hitscan someone clicks on you and you die with no input on your end.

i dont ask it from this game though, thats a hopeless fight. maybe nu-quake will be better about it.

the "best players" is entirely subjective

just because some jackass knows how to abuse the most overpowered weapons doesn't mean he is "good"

>literally 3v5
>game doesn't autobalance to 4v4

why?

Im trying Legion out but I honestly don't like him that much. Unlike Scorch, I'm finding he isn't really supposed to move around a lot, just hunker down in a spot and spray anything that moves.

yeah he's great

>not liking the a10 of titans
Lad.

>not using turbo engine and lightweight alloys

>tfw actually flying with north star
ns is pretty fun

I got bullied

>a10
>shitty meme plane that should have never entered service

>mad
>at a10
I'm not going to pretend Reddit hasn't run the meme into the fucking ground, but Trump has gone on record talking about how it's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Fuck off [RDDT]

what the fuck did you just say about husbando you little bitch?

youtube.com/watch?v=JSXgDZhbC2U

It's not though, and anyone with an iota of modern knowledge on how CAS works will tell you the same. Trump is a fucking draft dodger, he doesn't know anything about military aviation.

REAL PILOT HOURS

also [RDDT] loves the meme plane. that insult really doesn't work here.