/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB50)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?40366

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want to stroke Fernando's ego!

Why do they keep nerfing Ying? She's not even the best support for pure healing or pure damage.

so you like not being able to buy seperate pieces anymore?

Skye damage nerf when?

Because the statistics say she's healing way more than everyone else!

- Hirez Martini

...what?

Console players are here now user

Real talk, I played skye on a new account yesterday and holy FUCK is she broken at low level
Just ran around at sonic speed killing everyone in front of me, 50 bombing every game, I finally understand why they refuse to buff her

ayyyy
his face actually got reworked

nobody fucking likes Ying. Everyone just likes fucking Ying.

yeah hahahaha that's why Rinsig goes toe to toe with the pros and 3k+ elo players in the game as post nerf maeve hahahaha, pros freaking suck and lack brain and aim XD

inb4 the same retard from last thread starts pretending skye is as big a problem as maeve was because reeeee she can 1v1 anyone as long as the person you're trying to kill is already functionally braindead

Give us daily quests for gold and essence and a weekly challenge for crystals

hahaha call me back when rinsig picks maeve against D69 in tourney and wins bro XD

>get blue sha lin skin
>go to equip
>still says locked
Hi res purge when

yeah man every1 knows that tournament play is what the game is balanced around and that every match is the same as tournies XDD.........

yeah bro totally..... everyone knows casual play is indicative of what champions are capable of... that's why skye and cassie are top tier! lol!

If you seriously think the game shouldn't be balanced in relation to competitive and competitive only, you lost your entire argument there.

whats the point of balancing around tourney play, when the tourney scene is nearly non existant.

He's STILL ugly.
Thank god you can cover it up with a mask now

How much does the DryBear announcer cost?

1 gold
i'm still not gonna buy it

>maeve main desperately trying to get her nerfs reverted

Its done buddy, let it go already, Maeve was beyond broken, as she is right now she can be played to good results against very good players, but she isn't an instawin champion anymore.

See

You can't balance a game around tournaments the same as you can't balance a game around the lowest of the low skill tier of players.

Maeve was OP as fuck the only reason she wasn't picked in tournaments that much is because she is fighting against 5 players with basically flawless aim.

Even if YOU YOURSELF have flawless aim, you still are playing with other 4 mouth breathers who might miss all their shots on a champion who was beyond OP and led to games decided on who had the best Maeve.

>log in for the day happy to play and climb elo
>lose all day
>go to bed -100 elo from where you started

Balancing around tourney indicates that they're aiming to balance based on where the skill ceiling is rather than around the skill floor.

Unless you actually don't give a shit, you're always going to slowly but surely improve at your game, and the less balanced the game is at higher levels of play the more everyone suffers.

Basically, fuck off.

>the commoner's lack of skill and awareness should directly affect how a champion's balance will be treated

literally retarded

Okay
Fess up

How many of you give money to this game for the costumes?

I was taking a break until just before the nerfs. I don't even like maeve as a character. She is literally shitty Genji.
>maeve was beyond broken because retards didn't know how to deal with her
I guess Torvald was beyond broken too because shitheads don't know what wrecker is so they had to take a bit off the top of his shield. Really makes me think, dude.

I refuse to spend a cent on this game, even though I want to.

>You should balance the game around the skill level that less than .030% of the playerbase can realistically reach.

It should definetly be taken into account, not be the end all be all of balance.

New ying skill: Gets raped.

none until my wife evie gets more good skins

>It's a "first 15 minutes of the game don't matter because the game is going to go to 3/3 and literally the only thing that affects the outcome of the game is which team has a better set of 5 ults" episode

lot of reruns this season

If you do it correctly, there is nothing wrong with balancing around the highest level of play because it will translate well down to the lowest. Of course, Hi-Rez is not capable of this, so they will continue to buff and nerf randomly without any regard to anything. Makes me laugh every time someone gets mad as fuck at this game or starts taking it way too seriously. It's just a silly little shooter. Nothing more and nothing less.

I support raping Ying.

use the overwolf app tryhard.gg

u literally get 60 crystals every hour and a half its what ive been doing while i watch netflix for like 3 days

No, it simply fucking shouldn't.

It isn't that hard to understand that shitters should get good and learn how to human or just get stuck falling down in the elo ladder forever.

You aren't supposed to get rewarded for being retarded, you're supposed to get punished by it.

The Pyro is a good example of getting rewarded for being retarded, and everyone that has played the game for more than 10 hours and has 1/4 of a brain absolutely despises him.

Well that was fuckking painfull.We capped point 3 times but didnt mange to push payload. Last round they won like 100% to 27%. Was fun anyway.

>I think the torvald nerf was a good thing
Okay. I think you've said all you need to. You can stop now.

>BAWWWWWWWWWW I CAN'T GET GOOD MUMMY HI REZ FEED ME NERFS
please go away, you literal casual

Torvald only requires you to buy wrecker to counter, Maeve had an autowin against certain team compositions because hitting her reliably wasn't realistic.

She also was able to take any fight she wanted with virtually 0 risk, that was her bigger problem.

The fact that she actually has to commit to fights now and not be reckless is the reason she isn't played by any retard anymore, the fact that tere are people who can play her and compete with the best players in the fucking game tells you all you need to know.

I have it - it gives me about 60 shekels before promptly either:
A. Shutting down and saying that their sponsors have run out of ads
B. Getting stuck buffering forever
C. Functions properly but doesn't give me any shekels

I love the concept but it doesn't fuckin work. Any idea what to do?

i'm glad i saved my 8k crystals. i'm gonna be opening all those new chests.

Like I said, mouthbreather, call me back when maeve wins in tourney. Until then, your arguments are about as convincing as mermoco's.
>b-b-b-but this pro playing kinessa does really good!
This is literally what you sound like.

You guys are so full of shit.

Most of the people on this general are around 1500 to 2400 elo, hardly what you'd call "good players" so i find it funny how you all pretend to be pro tier.

Watching streams does not make you skilled retards.

ALSO STACKING IS GAY AF

they updated it yesterday it runs really smooth now. no bullshit of losing your precious shekels. when your ads are done a little window pops up to with a button to watch again too so you dont have to keep staring at the tryhard window. u can watch ads in a larger window for 7 shekels now as well. i was about done with it until i saw the update yesterday.

I don't know what you're trying to say by this. I'm not claiming to be skilled. I'm telling you what is most effective and least effective in the game by referring to the actions of the most skilled people in the game. Maeve is not, and never was, good. You were simply bad. Get over yourself.

>Black Ice is still the best skin
>default is still the best voice
I'm so upset they can't get the VA back, an Evie announcer is a dream come true for me.

meant for

>because hitting her reliably wasn't realistic.
wow dude
have you tried this inovative, revolutionary idea
that has been researched throughout the centuries
and has been refined by the top scientists in this planet in the last decade
and got defined as fucking getting good?

Holy shit nigger, the only comp that would give an Maeve an 'autowin' would be one that only used projectiles, and used neither Sha Lin nor Cassie.
and that's a fucking comp that deserves to lose right there.

>She also was able to take any fight she wanted with virtually 0 risk

Any 1v1 fight, mind you.
Which is literally the point of the flanking class.
Tell me one flanker that isn't Skye nor Maeve at this state that basically doesn't autowin a 1v1.

News flash moron, Maeve isn't the only champion that isn't competitively viable.

You can live in fantasy land and pretend that all champions introduced into the game can be balanced for competitive play but that's not realistic at all, Maeve NEEDED a nerf, because she rewarded stupid play by providing endless chances to get kills and an arsenal of tools to get out of trouble.

>You were simply bad. Get over yourself.

I am at a skill level that puts me in the top .040%, if i'm bad chances are you're trash tier.

No idea they already nerfed the range this seems completely unnecessary.

She was allowed to get into 1 v 1s and run with ease using her pounce as a escape tool, traveling completely outrageous distances even if she had already used it in the fight. Not to mention prowl and her several self healing cards.

With the other flankers you're pretty much fucked if you already burned your movement skill chasing a kill and suddenly a teammate is there with the prey.

Sick, I'll give it another shot, then. Thanks.

Wow dude you're a pubstomper? Well shit nig I'll just take your opinion over that of the people who get paid to play this game.

>people are STILL complaining about maeve
shitters will never learn to aim

But none of that matters. She's LITERALLY impossible to hit.
t. you

Other than the founders pack which I got on sale, $5 for my Alley cat princess, no regerts

if only they tried to raise the collective skill level of the game by introducing champs that were harder and harder to deal with instead of dragging everyone down to the lowest common denominator under the pretense of balancing for casual play
well, it's about what I expected from something trying to cash in on overwatch's success

>She was allowed to get into 1 v 1s and run with ease using her pounce as a escape tool, traveling completely outrageous distances even if she had already used it in the fight. Not to mention prowl and her several self healing cards.

>She is allowed to get into 1v1s and fly with ease using her blink as a escape tool, traveling completely outrageous distances even if she had already used it in the fight. Not to mention Soar and her several self healing cards.

>He is allowed to get into 1 v 1s and dash with ease using his Nether Step as an offensive tool, dodging completely outrageous amount of flak even he had already used in the fight, Not to mention Reversal and his several self healing cards

>He is allowed to get into 1 v 1s and jump away with ease using his Heroic Leap as an offensive/retreating tool, being able to duel for completely outrageous amount of time even he had already used it in the fight, Not to mention Recovery and his several self healing cards

>He is allowed to get into 1 v 1s and jump away with ease using his Weightless as an escape tool, being able to even heal himself even after he already used his healing potion in the fight, Not to mention Explosive Flask and his several self healing cards.

>you're pretty much fucked if you already burned your movement skill chasing a kill and suddenly a teammate is there with the prey.

Then that's not a 1v1 anymore.
The point was that Maeve could win basically any 1v1 and get the fuck out, which is the same as the other flankers, but could never approach a 2v1 and get out alive or do anything significant.

I mean, you're retarded. but at least you're not mermoco.
So be happy about that.

You could hit her and when she was 10-15% hp, she would just pounce away and recover only to come back because you already burned your cooldowns on her.

On tournament play you have another 4 players who can actually hit her, in regular play its you + maybe one other teammate if you're lucky, so excuse a non tournament player for wanting to play a game that isn't completely dominated by the same champion every fucking game just because the people who play said champion got butthurt because they realized they weren't actually good at the game and were just using a broken champion that acted as a crutch similar to OB46 BK.

get good faggot

Nope, still getting the same issues as before. Bummer.
But hey, they cleaned up the UI at least.

I'm installing this tryhard thing now and it has a referral email option. Do any of you have an email on your account you want referred? I imagine it gives a reward.

>its a skye goes 25-0 because she has no counter except for devoting 3 players to find and kill her episode

Don't forget that she is allowed to get into 1v1s and run with ease using her roll as a escape tool, traveling completely outrageous distances even if she had already used it in the fight.
And that he is allowed to get into 1v1s and jump with ease using his poppy bomb as an escape tool, dodging completely outrageous amount of flak even he had already used in the fight.

>You could hit her and when she was 10-15% hp, she would just pounce away and recover only to come back because you already burned your cooldowns on her.

>You can hit him and when he is 10-15% hp, he can just reversal and nether step away and recover only to come back because you already burned your cooldowns on him

>You can hit him and when he is 10-15% hp, he can just Weightless away and recover himself with Potion only to come back because you already burned your cooldowns on him

I'm not gonna waste my time typing this shit all over again.

Tell me how you're not fucking retarded.

We better nerf her because it's you + maybe one other teammate who can hear her decloaking behind you if you're lucky.

It gives a temporary 10% bonus (as in, I would get 10% of what you earn, for 3 months), assuming it works. I appreciate the offer, but it's probably best I don't post my email on Veeky Forums.

Hopefully you have more luck with using it than I did.

You're excused for being a shitter and defending shitters, shitter.

>by introducing champs that were harder and harder to deal with instead of dragging everyone down to the lowest common denominator under the pretense of balancing for casual play

Then buff every other champion in existance to said level, or else you're just making excuses for wanting to play broken champions so others "get good".

Out of all those only buck, and evie apply.

Androxus doesn't apply because he actually needs to hit something to reset his dash cooldown, Maeve would just press a button and be done with it.

But hey all this theorycrafting sounds very good, until you realize that the person you're talking to is absolute balls at the game and sits below top 1%

I've learned to identify your type in every general people talk like they are super good players, insulting everyone else, while being very mediocre.

other champions were already better than her, that's why she was never played in any competitive setting, it's not hard to deal with her once you are actually good at the game
>but I am the best pubstomper out there!
tell it to the pros kiddo

Hello and welcome to dick-measuring general, episode 945

>he actually needs to hit something
But the fact remains that it's possible, isn't it?
And to this day he's still never nerfed.
Not that I wish he is nerfed, though, I believe he's just fine.

>until you realize that the person you're talking to is absolute balls at the game and sits below top 1%

the top 1% begins at about 2.1k elo, retard.
It's literally nothing to be proud of.
You can just play the game better than mexicans and BRs.

forgot to attach image.
this is SoloQ elo, so I'm stuck on the 2.5k-2.7k elohell forever because I don't memestack.

so whats the point of matchmaking

i've been raped by smurfs like 5 games in a row

80% winrates with 300+ games 4man premades

2200 elo lmao sick system hirez wew

She was actually played multiple times, educate yourself.

And the only difference between "pros" and good players is the fact that """"pros"""" have the time to scrim daily, with the exception of the actual top players (3.8k elo +)

I am 3.2k elo, but i know for a fact that most people here aren't even good enough to reach 2k elo, that's the state of Veeky Forums's skill level

Sure thing, you'd actually be 4k elo tier if you "memestacked".

Its actually harder to climb elo the more you stack your party as you get higher and higher, since you start to get matched against top players. Don't kid yourself saying that you'd be higher if you wanted.

It just tell me it can't find any ads.

Yup, I've been having that same issue for weeks now.
They claim the latest update fixed it, and someone else in this thread said it worked for them, but you and I got nothing.
Dunno what to say other than keep checking it every couple hours or something.

only seems to happen with the large player, so nvm.
not too comfortable with installing literal adware for paladins crystals though

>Sure thing, you'd actually be 4k elo tier if you "memestacked".

Albeit I'm not sure I'd reach 4k elo so quick if I memestacked, I'm completely positive I'd get out of elohell.
The probability or falling against non-parties would eventually be higher than facing the top, top players. I've learned that by SoloQueuing ever since this game left the closed beta.

So I'm not kidding myself, I'm absolutely sure.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK THIS SHIT AGAIN

I don't mind being a good goyim for this shit, but none of these fuckers load at all for me. Sucks.

>3-3
>clusterfuck of a teamfight around the point
>everyone's dead except for the enemy's maeve and evie and our andro
>andro's in the backlines
>maeve and evie rush to our base to zone without realizing there's nobody on the point
>andro stands on it for a few seconds
>win

kill memestackers choke them with your bare hands until they die fuck their corpse in front of their family

fix your matchmaking hirez your game isnt fun i can't truly gauge my own skill if im being out-skilled by 4000 elo players in 2200-2400 elo smurfs

>The probability or falling against non-parties would eventually be higher than facing the top, top players

Non parties are higher elo most of the time you memestack and if a pro is solo Qing a bunch of decent players are given a pro to balance and that usually leaves to brutal elo losses such as -20+ when you had been gaining from 1 to 10 elo per match,

Try for yourself, of course you're gonna stomp some people at times but you'll learn to see these stomps as a complete waste of time because from the first minute you start to play you realize you'll gain at maximum 1 to 4 elo from said match.

Imma give this shit a shot, hope you're not pulling a fast one on me user

>New Test maps survey asks what class you played

Frontline. It always sucks to be the Frontline. Fix it.

>make a magical matchmaking system that detects smurfs hirez

Elo is a mathematical system retard you can't just make a magical system that detects smurfs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

The ladder is hard to climb but easy to fall from, that's nothing new, famalam.

>Buck nerf
>Ying nerf

I want to punch GreasyHair so hard

If you measure by sessions you end up staying at roughly the same elo you started or go lower if you "memestack" with regular players like you (2500s-2700s)

The only way memestacks work are when the pros do it (3400+ elo) because matchmaking can't find enough players to punish a party rated this high, so it just puts them against whatever it can find.

They win 2-4 points per match but have absolute 100% guaranteed wins since they're too good to lose.

Is PTS up? Anyone know what the lag compensation for Drogoz is yet?

I hit a wall around 2.5k pretty much, highest I've been is like 2650-ish

Assuming 5v5 the main reason for losing at this point is usually guys playing with a RL friend who is at 1.5k for whatever side. The close games are amazing but usually it just one kid who is way out of his league. On the grand scheme of things its not really a bad spot really, just off hours are terrible due to more 4v5s then not. Most games are decent.

hey how about punishing 3-5man queues

hey how about creating a solo queue and a duo/team queue for casual and competitive so you can actually gauge your own skill in solo and your team skills in multi queue

hey how about a system that detects people that intentionally tank elo and then premade stomp and getting 80%+ winrates

hey how about going off of an actual elo system where the game tries to match you with equal elo opponents and teammates instead of literally putting a 2200elo against brimey a 4000 elo player

it's probably based on country. i live in the US and i've had no problems with ads for days straight.

no more weird delay before your rocket fires, and no more duds when you hit them

>Evie voice pack bullies you when you pick cosmetics
only 110 gems to go

>get up in the morning
>play support in pubs
>go home happy I had fun without being stressed out by having to deal with betas in ranked