Cars you like for your own reasons

Cars you like for your own reasons.

I'll start. I don't care about the engine, I don't care about the spotlight. Its design captures something and evokes feelings I can't adequately describe at the time of this writing.

What's the car feel only you know, user?

Probably the civic ek9 type r. Not really too powerful, not really special in any way. But it has a special place in my heart.

I like this car in particular because it represents what a car should be like. It was always a halo car for me, lacking in comfort but delivering what I thought to be the most pure driving experience ever.

Unfortunately, it's not an easily attainable car. But once I got to drive one, it greatly exceeded my already elevated expectations.

What a beast.

It's an underpowered shitbox that's almost 25 years old now, but you know, it's silly to say that you're driving a mid-engine rear wheel drive car (which you are).

I agree with you. Although for me it's probably because I was a teen when that car was for sale. I always wanted one but could never afford it. I ended up with an MR2 Turbo and it was a complete piece of shit.

Good feels reading this thread. Please keep it going.

damn Citroens and their hydropneumagic. it's V6 frogbox from the mid 90s and i want it so badly

>frogbox
Kek

I currently own an NA SW, what about it did you not like? Just curious, I don't have a full formed opinion one way or the other yet.

i love the bugeyes. most people think they look weird or something, i think they look cute. they seem like a car that would be fun to drive in, a nice car that you can have adventures in.

I'll admit, I've never seen them from the perspective of cute. Now with that in mind, I think I can like them a little more. I always perceive the headlights as slightly aggressive, rather than wide-eyed.

>filename

Cute!

tiny engine, frog-mobile, and its FF; a true disaster

But the gearbox and punchy noise it makes when accelerating makes me love it anyway

those tire marks don't look like they match the tread on the soopruh

You may be onto something, here.

>I like this really beautiful car, possibly the best-looking car of its decade
>for some reason

I feel privileged to have had this brief moment of contact with you, the most unique intelligence in this infinite Universe

If you look through the history of Veeky Forums or Reddit, 90% of the time when the A80 is mentioned it gets ridiculed to no end. "It's good for making power, but there's literally no other reason to own it because the NSX/FD/R32/R34 exist."

I like all those cars, but I feel like I made to be a leper because I still like it more than those other cars, even though the standard "enthusiast" opinion is that I shouldn't.

Mark 4-5 Cortina's.

Sort of over shadowed by the earlier ones but still cool. Plus there aussie spec ones with the 4.1 inline 6.

I too have want for weird french frogbox. but more 80's BX.

I just like the comfy fat taurus interior. These boats can actually get alright MPG, and look decent if black.

This should tell you all you need to know about getting your opinions from Veeky Forums or Reddit

You've got good taste, user. The vast majority of people will always have shitty taste. Every time anyone gives you an opinion, remember that 80 percent of the time, that person is an idiot.

garbag tier shitbox senpai

Th-thank you, user. That really did help and mean something to me.

Sometimes you just want to know that you're not alone.

>2000GT

Yep, you're good. Keep on keepin' on.

Nothing really special about it. It just reminds me of a 1920s gangster for some reason.

I was a kid when they debuted and I thought they looked so cool.

They looked so futuristic and advanced at the time.

My dad had one when I was a kid. We used to do everything together. I miss those times.

why own a c7. Just love the batmobile looks to, but manuals are so hard to come by.

Bloke round the corner from me used to have a purple Elise. Used to ride past on my bike just to look at it.
Got an MR2 now as my stepping stone towards one.

TVR because it's mental. It's just everything you want in a dream car.

thank you

When I think about the 90s, the supra is the first thing to come to mind

All traditional American boats.
They give me an intense feeling that everything's just going to be okay no matter what.

Same, elise is everything an enthusiast car should be: no compromises just pure delivery.
It's not really hard to get or rare, you can get one for 12k
Same, some guy in my apt used to have a white elise.
I also got an MRS as stepping stone. It's pretty much a daily version of elise with really floppy chassis

Mainly because my dad still has his, and it's the definition of a shitbox that refuses to give up.
Sure it's slow, it's a 4-speed autotragic and there's not one panel on the car where the clearcoat hasn't started peeling off, but the thing just keeps on going and going and going.

I love the first gen Primera / G20. Just a lovely little compact sedan. Relatively simple and light weight with just the right proportions.

GC8
C
i guess because when i was a kid my older brother own one, and in that time was the shit having one, and that was a pure beast back in the day and still can make you feel the g's

Turbo Mopars, god damn I need to get myself another one. THere's this one Turbo II Dodge Daytona for dirt cheap near me, doesn't turn over and apparently has a dead battery and fucked alternator. perfect project car.

My Lada.

Leaks
Slow
Noisy
Smelly

But fun.

Hell yeah, sport bumper life eh.

That one is nice too, has built in grille.

Underrated.

Benis.

My 1998 crown vic has the same garage door opener

C4 Corvette

Probably the first car I could remember recognizing as a child.

Always felt the design encapsulates all the best of the 80s car styling.

Sure the crossfire engine was kinda shitty but it somehow feels like it wasn't designed to be a horsepower dickwaving tool

And why haven't you bought it?

>physical embodiment of the 80's
>Toyota reliability
>mid engine

>ugly unreliable lamborghini diablo kitcar
>my ultimate dream car

I just saw it on an album cover when I was young and ever since then I was obsessed with it, something about how strange and exotic it is.

The AW11 is literally a parts-binned Corolla that became the poor man's AE86.

>That thick wedge shape
>IRS
>Performance parts throughout the car (SC V6, 5-speed, LSD, good brakes)
>Probably the best Ford of its era
>came in over budget and overweight, hated by upper management
>the embodiment of the '90s, failure in the face of success

Nobody really talks about the MN12 'Birds but I think they're one of the best cars to come out of the '90s.

>poor man's AE86.
the ae86 is literally a Toyota corolla how could you get any poorer?

that was really dumb user, who hurt your feelings?

Yeah, but is there a worse fandom than that of the AE86? The answer is no.

dubs confirm

I would love love love LOVE to drive one of these around
Imagine the looks you would get

I had a good laugh, thank you for existing

>T H I C C just like how I like my women
>sounds fucking amazing
>fast hatch with rwd
>also Renault rwd hatch the only thing they seem to do right.
Being in burgerland hurts sometimes because I can't have one.

There's just something about the shape of this car that has always drawn me to it since I was a kid. Even now, I still love the look of it, and still kinda want one. Despite being told all my life how shitty Mitsubishi is.

One of the first cars I liked. Was my favorite for a long time along with the 64.5.
The triple tailights, the headlights, everything about the external design made my dick hard as kid.

allways thought of it as a budget rx7 that lasts more then 80k without a rebuild.

I think the later, special-edition New Edge Mustangs (like the Mach 1) have actually aged pretty well. They look a lot better than both the original SN-95s that preceded them and the S-197 that followed.

DESU I always thought the rounded lights looked horrid, even as a kid.
Loved the boxy look.

The day I no longer see Caprices and Crown Vics on the roads is the day I start fearing things.

RIP landbarges. You served well.

I really like 'em along with the Cougars and Mark VIIs.

Boxy done right.
Cool features.
It's a shame it got discontinued.

>Cheap
>Reliable
>Superior performance
>Easy to maintain
>Looks beautiful
>Sounds great

It's basically a more powerful and cheaper RX-7 FD which you can daily, because the engine is not a piece of shit.

>gm
>Reliable

>LS1
>Not reliable

Compared to the FD, it's ugly as fuck.

It needed constant maintenance. Shit broke all of the time and it became frustrating. It's a nice car but I wasn't prepared for all the littl ethings to go wrong.