Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Previous Thread: >Combat System Changes - Dev Blog
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=948 - Pt. 1
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=951 - Pt. 2
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=955 - Pt. 3
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=959 - Pt. 4

>Combat rework spreadsheet (informations from kTest)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w96wEplRalplgC4f0TTyiYqXNZfIVZopUbTNFUX_be8/edit#gid=0

>Latest "Patch Notes":
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=960

>Current events:
treeofsavior.com/news/?n=953

>Can I play the game now?
International version available on Steam RIGHT NOW. The Korean and Japanese servers are non-steam (Nexon)

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>Addon Manager (includes jTOS and iTOS addons)
github.com/JTosAddon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager/releases

>Database, skill planner and other stuff
tos.neet.tv/

>Extra Stat Points
pastebin.com/6Y3R7aYt

>Hunting Grounds locations and gear spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP4G1JjL2pj6wMfpL_3o9pFWYIKpr3QnYgQ-XTfK21k/pubhtml#

>Servers
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA) Fedimian(EU) Silute(SA) Telsiai(SEA)

>/tosg/ Guilds info:
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Orsha, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a Templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.

>Klaipeda
Futureproof (ApplyAFineHorse3)
cute (Merigolds and Majiene)

>Telsiai
Comfy (neshoi)

>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)

>Silute
Lewd (Nanaumi)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JfdqclXrbws
treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=920
youtube.com/watch?v=iTIwBDNDO4M
youtube.com/watch?v=YeIBlye8V10
youtube.com/watch?v=D4AkAx_O5Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=aVyX8w9Emz8
youtube.com/watch?v=oJbSos5iDBc
youtube.com/watch?v=2sag9hIVICM
destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xi-boss-causes-vomiting-takes-18-hours-to-beat-99391.phtml
youtube.com/watch?v=ptdRtai-DII
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous thread: Remember to ignore and report shitposting

post butts

no
and yes

Is the character reset event going to work like in kTest or do we have to do the prequests for the hidden classes if we never did it before? I'm asking because a friend of mine's playing in kTest and became Miko without doing the gohei quests.

Reminder: Sapper is a shit class and you should't roll one.

renewal when??? r9 when????

Post bunnies!

Check our official website, deer savior.
Wait warmly
suck my dick again

Post yfw they release a teaser video about R9 content after renewal patch

We all know it wont happen for a while though.

kim will save the game for sure!

This.

Even that new bgm sounded incomplete af

Futureproof is recruiting. Whisper ApplyAFineHorse3 or contact me. Send a friend request if you don't get a response.

To answer some questions from the last thread, historically we were PvP oriented, but there isn't really much PvP left. If IMC adds good PvP that'll be great, but for now we're laying hamsters. We are the dedest, and that wasn't me last thread, but I agree cute should join us.

Next week's patch will probably bring some people back, and we've got 80 slots now, so anyone who got pruned for inactivity back in the day is welcome to rejoin.

threadly reminder that cute is recruiting. Newfriends and returning oldfriends are welcome. We do fun things and boring things together, and it doesnt matter what level you are. Even if you're shy, you can just loiter with us quietly. PM Merigolds or Majiene if you'd like a comfy home for a guild

>but I agree cute should join us.
I don't. Nothing against FP but I like the guild how it is now!

Help!

/u/ guild when?

Umm... Girls can't love girls.

wait... do you actually have boys in your guild?

> all this talk about keknewal

Face it faggots, your game is terrible and kim doesn't give a fuck about you. You're just being milked like the dumb retards that you are, meanwhile, we're having shitloads of fun over here.

Do you really think things are going to improve? Give me one good reason why I should give it a chance.

Protip: I'm extremely depressed right now and I don't know if I should come back.

Ded

and still in thread
t. 7 months

dont come back. game is and will stay shit. leave this shit general too.
completely free yourself of this cancer

do i join cute or futureproof if I have no idea what i'm doing and only played this game to L100~?

>don't know if I should come back
This game? Heh!
Pls no I might actually cave in.

are you a cute girl?

they both take noobs
maybe cute is a little less dead

I want to make a girl pregnant though.

Make two accounts so you can join both.

either would welcome you, but since im in cute, i would say join cute

whatever you do make sure to not join cute. I heard there is a boy in there that tries to make every girl in it part of their harem. You have been warned!

I haven't paid for this game since the Founder's Pack and I still have over 700 TP unused.

then you shouldn't have been a girl dummy

In which order do you make a Pyro2>Linker2>Thauma2 ? Should I go Pyro1>Linker2 first for maximum links right from the start?

I'm a boy. I want to inseminate a cute girl so she can poop out more cute girls for me to inseminate.

he tries, but then we all just kick him and he stops

pyro2 -> link2 -> thaum2
taking link with pyro1 is kinda pointless since fireballs don't have enough hits to do anything worthwhile

I went pyro1>link2 before you posted, but suffice to say I have enough currency to do well. I hope. Wish me luck anyway. I'll go Pyro 2 next if the mobs stop dying. I'm trying to rush to R8 asap. Only got this weekend to do it until we're forced to featherfoot.

Problem is making a Featherfoot build is almost impossible. Wiz2>Link2>Thauma2>Feather2

Wiz2>Link2 means no damage, just auto attack and earth quake meme's which is a single hit. It might work but I fear it won't, not in the way agny does right now.

>You're underage
*overage
back in my day, difficulty meant something. Like starting over from scratch when you lost.

>What do I play for challenge then?
roguelikes are one choice.

And your point is? I haven't had this much fun since I subbed and I'm loving every second of it.

You can join us if you're interested, you know where to find me.

I don't like roguelikes, I don't like losing all my progress.

How long do I have to wait for the Princess' attendant at Klaipeda? Please send help.

please respond

>Like starting over from scratch when you lost.
>MMORPGs, like all RPGs, are babby shit for challenge.

You haven't played a challenging MMO in your life then.

name ONE challenging mmo

Reminder that you retards deserve better and Comfy is now recruiting. Join us and experience better quests, better combat, better classes and better endgame. Just drop me a pm in Tonberry and we'll have fun together.

Fuck keknewal, fuck Kim and fuck this shit game. It ruined my life fuck everything.

How did 3j get such a bad reputation, and does she deserve it?

>play WoW but japanese

no

Why is this XIV shill in every thread in every MMO general? Do they pay you well?

coke music

>being so beta your life gets ruined by a video game

Final Fantasy XI before Abyssea

>the shit game i play after this shit game is so ded and shit, i have to literally beg people from this shit game to join me in my new shit game, each single day

Sub with us and we'll show you challenging raids.You know where to find me.

>it ruined my life

haha lmao

So I heard the game got a rework, I played back in CBT 1 & 2, but disliked that they ended up doing a really themepark-ish game with "follow the questline" leveling.
Has any of this changed?

They literally haven't done shit since iCBT2 but add MORE QUESTS.

thanks for replying.
Too sad about that, I guess I will skip again.

>XIV shill in mmo honeymoon phase relentlessly shilling his game in other generals

many of us have played ffxiv before friendo, it gets just as boring and grindy. if you had so little self control that tos could ruin your life you can bet xiv will do the same, if not worse.

>believing Miss Info

A lot more quests have been added. But you dont have to do many or can get to high lvl by barely doing quests.
But if you are new and poor its probably fastest to quest a lot.

What happened to faery or enchanters in general? I need to buff my armor so I can finish the last r8 dungeon quests like timerys and zima before the renewal makes them impossible.

>cnl discord

youtube.com/watch?v=JfdqclXrbws

>What happened to *****
killed by her black lover. its what blacks do

> or enchanters in general?
there are still some in Fedi and often in Orsha

>Orsha
Why don't they renew that city back to where it was already?

Fuck you. I'm max level now and I'm still having lots of fun with raids and chocobo racing. There's just an endless amount of content to do unlike your heaping pile of shit of a game.

So will the combat update change my current damage significantly? Will stat/skill/class resets be given out?

>chocobo racing
you mean racing against mgp bots? kek
there's only an "endless" amount of content because its new to you, the moment everything is on farm status you'll realize every week is doing the same thing again and again ad infinitum

theyve added quests, hunting grounds, rank8, new saalus missions, and other small quality of life things like dungeon queueing

treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=920
either read this, or the last thread

Aw yeah. Thanks for the link.

Why not go to their general then?

kill yourself my gayman

Probably because /xivg/ is 99% erp avatarfagging with barely any discussion of the actual game

They've also improved performance. It's rare to dip below 20fps.

Not him, but did they fix the mob spot and times?

That's all that you do in the game unfortunately.

But there's literally 0 discussion of that game here.

You got me there fampai

Fuck if I know, I started after they fixed a lot of shit. I didn't struggle like you guys.

>butts

FFXI for the first almost 10 years of its existence

What was so challenging about it? Did it have full drop on death? Did basic trash mobs have this mysterious high intelligence some people talk about? Or was it just hard because you didn't know how to play yet?

There were no trash mobs, anything your level and higher could either kill you by itself or put you at a low enough health to greatly inconvenience you. The only way to gain exp was to level up in a party and you could level down on death.

An enemy that conned as easy prey could wipe the floor with you if you were solo.
There was no such thing as solo grinding except on Beastmaster and ask any Beastmaster, they had their fair share of deaths leveling solo because the world was a harsh place.
No item drops on death, just EXP loss which could lead to:
youtube.com/watch?v=iTIwBDNDO4M

You couldn't usually run away from enemies because they moved the same speed as you and would chase you relentlessly across the map (and usually link more mobs)

Plenty more reasons but those are the basics.

>harem
Don't start with this bullshit

Since there's some othe XI-heads here let me post the intro to one of the most memorable fights in any MMO.
youtube.com/watch?v=YeIBlye8V10

>calls itself final fantasy
>can't run away from non-bosses
good joke

If you died you could lose a level, a level in FFXI at the time took about 4-6 hour grind. Dying in the game was as easy as making a small mistake at possibly everything that you did in the game.

Trash mobs were always treated as mini bosses due to their difficulty, you can't run away from monsters because their speed were greater than yours and they could chase you throughout the whole map. Monsters also had a "Link" system where if an allied monster was in danger, it would join up to make things twice as difficult. youtube.com/watch?v=D4AkAx_O5Gw

You always needed the help of someone to accomplish anything in game, even to cross a map.

World bosses (HNM's) and bosses in general took about 4 hours to down, it sounds easy but it required precise timing of use of spells, skills, positioning, moon-phase, HP bar and DPS rotation to down otherwise it would result in youtube.com/watch?v=aVyX8w9Emz8

Mega world bosses took 18 hours upwards to a whole day of the same deal as HNM's.

Every single thing in the game required huge amount of effort (10hours was the bare minimum) even finding information of a new map, the whole world didn't had a world map that you could just tap into. You had to find every piece of map to know what you're getting yourself involved with. If your character wandered off too deep into a map, you couldn't just teleport out unless you had a mage with you. Your character would be stuck in there forever, forcing you to team up with other people who were also lost to get out of that mess.

>World bosses (HNM's) and bosses in general took about 4 hours to down
>Mega world bosses took 18 hours upwards to a whole day of the same deal as HNM's.
>Every single thing in the game required huge amount of effort (10hours was the bare minimum)

I'm not sure if you're trying to say "This is challeging, hence good" or "This game is fucking trash, I can't believe anyone could waste so much time on this"

It was pretty much the GOAT MMO until the casualized it.

Sounds more casual than old Mabi. Meh.

You fought a sentient crystal as one of the storyline end bosses.
Can't get more Final Fantasy than that.
youtube.com/watch?v=oJbSos5iDBc

>FFXI story boss themes
youtube.com/watch?v=2sag9hIVICM

Best,

destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xi-boss-causes-vomiting-takes-18-hours-to-beat-99391.phtml

Playing FFXI was a huge commitment, EVERYTHING that you did took hours. It was fun because regardless of what you did it became memorable. Most of the community were dedicated gamers so it wasn't that people weren't competent but rather it was just very time consuming and of course very challenging. I used to keep a detailed notebook with things that i did on a daily basis.

>picture folder was removed from the OP
>again

>hundreds of official/farn art
>historical ToS and /tosg/ screenshots
>fanart made by /tosg/ anons
>mspaint
>old screencaps
>bingo sheets

y u do dis?

>Best
Not youtube.com/watch?v=ptdRtai-DII
Are you even trying?