/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Make Spitshitters Cry Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>a discord you can use
discord.gg/HSV4qn9

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

gdoc.pub/doc/1a_cpGXF5GVdf1sYOq2WYLUcCQU1-tFWw5Auv6koRsKg#heading=h.e898bqvn73ba
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just point and click

first for add me and teach me not to suck dick

Cold War is a much more interesting setting than World War Two and anyone who disagrees is probably a naziboo

here's a tip play planes

Get some taste in decorating first

ok daddy give me some GE so i have more than 5 generic decals

Why not

I'm talking about your tank eyes and emblems that scream "I'm a slav whose going to machine gun you all the way to the front line and get you killed."

>ok daddy so give me some GE so I have more than 5 generic decals

)))

Less is more don't decorate your tank like your going to a fucking gay parade have some self respect

my tank is just angery

Did Gaijin nerf the Yak-9T 37mm HE? It doesn't seem to be doing as much damage as it did a few weeks ago.

>decide to try out tanks
>Enemy kill assist
>Enemy kill assist
>Enemy kill assist
>Enemy kill assist
>Enemy kill assist
> Enemy kill assist

Yak3t 37 mm works fine

when does warthunder get the boats
i want to stop playing world of slavships

>A FUCKING LEAF

>I don't want to play world of slavships, I want to play slavthunder

i know man, i know

page 10

gdoc.pub/doc/1a_cpGXF5GVdf1sYOq2WYLUcCQU1-tFWw5Auv6koRsKg#heading=h.e898bqvn73ba

it's happening

>solid shot buff

>play the m18
>6.3BR 6 matches in a row
>6 matches
>six matches
>vi matches
>seis matches
>in a row

I would have taken a 5.7 at this point. Getting bullied by T-44s, KTs, and IS-2 mod 1944s got old really fast.

>not using it at tier 4-5 with success
you're shitter, arent you ?

>bringing the blackcat into high tiers because you want to roll the dice on getting a leopard kill

this works out well maybe 5% of the time

i think people just say this at this point because everyone else does

not dice, its just effective and its my 2nd best tank.

also not talking about leopards, ye wont have problem killing t-54 at with m18

who the fuck uses pepper grinder as chair

Imagine sticking this thick long big black object up your wife's rectum and then up your own.

>Anglo guns buffed

Just unlocked this thing and it's pretty fun.
Makes me wonder though as to why the Jumbo never became all too popular in real-life.
Only Americans ever used it, it wasn't exported and by the time of the Korean War it wasn't in service any more (not even the 76mm version).

Was Americana doctrine just not too interested in heavy tanks?

The jumbo was heavier and slower than normal shermans. The pershing also came around about the same time, and it is a better heavy tank. So the jumbos were dropped and 76 Shermans were the main medium tank while Pershings were the heavy tanks. Then the M46 came about and tanks were re-designated by gun size. 120mm and 105mm caliber (heavy, larger-than-100mm) Gun Tanks, 90mm (medium) Gun Tanks, and the 76mm (light) Gun Tanks (Wikipedia).

>The jumbo was heavier and slower than normal shermans
Not to mention that the fuckton slab of steel stuck to it caused significantly higher maintenance than normal Shermans due to the additional stress on the suspension, drivetrain, engine - pretty much fucking everything.

>try playing ec3 sim in my p-47d
>get instagibbed by a 109 10 seconds after leaving my airfield
>spawn again
>see the same 109
>start doing defensive maneuvers
>call for help
>try extending
>still get instagibbed
i stopped playing tanks to get away from this shit what the fuck

git gud

Stellar advice man

>Sir this new vehicle offers good protection but it also causes issues with maintenance, reliability and other issues
>Understood, we should rather focus on reliable and easy to maintain all-round vehicles
>meanwhile in Germany
>Let us put some more armor onto zhat overloaded vehicle ja. It will surely deztroy millions of enemy tanks.
>breaks down before reaching the front-line

kek
source?

>be an engineer of MAN
>be tasked with designing a 30 ton tank
>just finished the perfect vehicle to delet slavshits and burgers alike
>went a bit over the 30 tons but it should be okay
>the Führer wants to inspect it
>he semms impressed
>suddenly he takes out his red sharpie and starts scribbling shit on it like 100mm and l70
>thing is almost 46 fucking tons now
>"w-well mein Führer, t-these new parameters could be a-achieved after a few a-adjustments to the d-drive system"
>"nah, we start production tomorrow"
>mfw

It was designed for sole purpose of supporting infantry, without getting knocked out by concealed StuG or Pak 40. Not much use beyond that, in fact due to increased weight it was all around worse.
By time it hit production in June, all general-purpose Sherman variants were already getting 76 mm. For Jumbo 75 mm was retained since it was better at infantry support.
Jumbo 76 mm was never produced, but gun mount could accept both guns and supposely some were field moddified to use 76 mm instead of 75 mm.

>>went a bit over the 30 tons but it should be okay
Are you talking about the T-34 look-alike Panther?

>be an engineer of MAN
>make transmission that can engage 2 gears at once
>don't notice it until tanks reach battlefield

I don't know the actual weight of the MAN prototype pls dont bulli

Not bullying, just interested in what the initial Panther was supposed to be like.

It was going to be what you posted, but after the failure of their first prototype, MAN combined elements from the leaked Daimler design with an already existing turret, which was the the only reason it got approved.

>Tanks that only have the HE Fragmentation shells unlocked at the start

This truly is suffering.

>be highly decorated elite SS tank commander
>personally shook hands with Hitler
>fought in Poland, Norway, France, Greece and Russian since 1941
>get new tank
>first combat mission defeat a unit of T-34s
>everything fine so far heading back to base
>entire tank catches fire as we get hit into the sides
>barely climb out as the entire machine goes up in flames
>entire unit is being his from all sides
>how is that possible we should be in friendly territory
>our own AT gun crews confused us with the enemy T-34s
Good thing they moved the turret into the middle of the chassis.

>somebody saved my video

Reminder

It's a perfect depiction of my experience when driving a Panther. How could I not save it?
Are they easy to use now?

Have had a game where I was mvp with only assists

had game where i was mvp without any assists or kills or caps. Fucking slavs just kept shooting my anglo bunker gun out, whole game

Then why did most German generals recommend to use the shit panther over the the 30 thirty ton one???

>german generals
>having a say in anything
>in 1942

>Looks at Me-262 production with designers focusing on it as a fighter instead of a bomber as Hitler wanted
>Looks at stg-44 troubled adoption
Yeah there really was no discussion

Guderian wanted to spam Panzer IVs but Hitler wouldn't let him.

>German generals
>"Don't worry bro we can totally crush Stalin in just six weeks don't sweat it."
>"The Pz II is a good design and should be bulk of every Panzer Division. What do you mean it's 1941?"
>"Dude don't worry, we can hold the Crimea and Sevastopol for month if not years. Trust me. Stalin is gonna get fuck'd here."
>"Oh shit the Allies landed in Normandy? Dolf is asleep? Guess I'll wait until he's awake."
>"Absolutely certain there's no chance the enemy will strike through Belarus. They'll go through northern Ukraine for sure bro. Anyway I'm off on a Holiday at home."
Truly these people have never had poor judgement throughout the war.

Why I hate when people say Hitler lost the war for Germany and wasn't the fault of any German general

At low tier? Flank and Skulk. Theres no real armour on tanks at that tier... Don't sit at the back and snipe - you'll probably fail to get kills. Play the objective and learn the maps.

Mach's noch mal, Bomber-Harris!
On some of those I'm unsure how much of it was genuine cluelessness and how much trying to save face so Onkel Adolf doesn't take a page from Stalin's book on organizing a military.

>"The Pz II is a good design and should be bulk of every Panzer Division. What do you mean it's 1941?"
Backbone of Panzer Divisions were supposed to be Panzer IIIs and Panzer IVs, with each battalion having 3 companies of Panzer IIIs and 1 battalion of Panzer IVs.
They were filled with German and Czech light tanks instead for so long, because there was simply not enough medium tanks around to fill ranks.

>STRV's rockets are stick guided on PS4.
Wtf why do I want STRV now

teeb bias remains constant and sharp

do it again Bomber Harris!

>There were more horses than vehicles in operation Barbarossa

Welcome to War Thunder. Pic related

>not aiming for the wingroots
>he didn't become a B-17 vanquisher back when only 10-30 rounds of 30mm to the wingroots FROM ABOVE could reliably kill them

Long have I awaited this glorious day.

>On some of those I'm unsure how much of it was genuine cluelessness and how much trying to save face so Onkel Adolf doesn't take a page from Stalin's book on organizing a military.
Not was much as you think. Hitler only started to really go crazy, military-wise, by mid-1943 or so. Before that, he actually listened to his generals and let they do their own thing.

ded

>ptrolling around base
>spot a bomber
>close in
>set him ablaze
>another teammate kills him
>NOT EVEN ENEMY KILL ASSIST

>playing bore blunder
kys!

ok supergauntlet

Congrats brah, you'll have fun with 300mm penetration sabot rounds at only 7.0 BR

It's not the APDS that makes it great, it's the fact it keeps HESH-spamming capability at a BR where nothing can really survive it except Tiger II H/Jagdtiger, which you just gut with APDS anyways.

If you wind up fighting slavs, it's literally "click on UFP to win" mode and great fun.

So HESH can fuck up T-54's frontally?

HESH ignores angling, and works like HE with 125 mm pen. Glacis of T-54 is 100 mm

Umm hate to brake it to you but T-54 front plate is 120mm and hesh's penetration value can vary by like 20%. 105mm hesh can pen above and below 127mm

Just got some long 88 tanks, how the hell do I counter the IS-6? Shots bounce right off the mantle when they're point on...

Ru-251 has heatfs or pic
Seriously though if you can't hit their manlet try to break their barrel and maneuver.

Find someone who plays russia to squad with you

At 6.3 now, don't think I'll buy the RU-251 until I get to 6.7. Unless they uptier it...

Join the in game chat group I'll post something if you want to play with a Soviet main

>not just joining the discord
kys!

>Centurion MK 1

Holy shit this might actually be worth the suffering of the first 4 tiers of bongshit

>Discord
I'm sorry but I don't hate myself enough to join the discord

>joining the discord
kys!

>Umm hate to brake it to you but T-54 front plate is 120mm
only prototype model (obr 47) that comes with just APHE. Production models, with APDS and HEAT (obr 49 and 51), are 100 mm.

Fucking worthless teams.

>mixed teams in a nutshell
At least you did better than a whole German team would.

>be wehraboo
>99% of german players are bottom of the barrel trash
I just love me some boxy tanks, but this is suffering

playing event I came to conclusion that RB should have (adjusted) SP only for planes and 3 top BRs.
You're at bottom of BR? Can spawn every tank in your lineup
You're at top of BR? Better make your shots count, otherwise you won't afford spawning again.
It would promote more balanced linups and bringing lower BR vehicles as emergency reserve, especially hard hitting but soft TDs like Marder, ZiS-30 or M10

>not joining the discord
kys!

>joining the discord
kys!

I only bring tier 3 and 4s into tier 5 games because its fun. does this mean that I can spawn all my tanks?

>not joining the discord
kys!