/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Paleo-faggotry edition

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/PiFa6Eqv (Currently still WIP, additions welcome.)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Endless Space 2 soon

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/6aqnnc/i_really_do_think_we_need_more_ship_classes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As bad as your day might be, its not "Surrounded by a more powerful purifier" bad day.

mod to remove roaming amoebas when

I once had a faction of pathetic fanatical purifiers survive for almost a century despite being squished up against the border of a militarist fallen empire.

Why be Ameobasist

how increase opinion/trust? I have a NAP, guaranteeing independence, other empire has no rivals atm so can't declare the same rivals. I want a defensive pact but I'm 35 points short from it. Anything else I can do?

>I want a defensive pact

Have surplus food?

Send some food as a gift, a favorable trade deal will give you a bonus.

I can give them 1 food or 2000 food and it still gives me nothing. I just gave them 500 minerals and it gave me +5. Stupid fucks

Headed to bed, but anyone play Space Empire IV or V?

I used to play Space Empires V with my dad. Fun game, but I've heard people like IV more.

What are some "must have" Stellaris war related mods?
Something in your opinion makes them less dull

> someone actually implemented the magic round about
madman

CIV - modded with LoR - Legends of Revolution

>pic related
now this is finally looking good

am I the only one who has boners for dams?

>mfw an entire family of fishes is going extinct because of dams
RIP sturgeons.

Is it safe to play ironman yet?

Starfish fascists have awoken

Dams are cool

>One planet only
>Research/Unity focus

Would this actually work better than going wide? Has anyone ever tried it?

How do you install mods for pirated copiesof Stellaris?
I downloaded some from the mirror site in the OP pastebin and followed the readme making a workshop and a mod subfolder in the Documents Stellaris folder but they don't show up in the launcher

Why wouldn't it be? What's unsafe is insane and hard aggression.

Its pretty simple, just buy the game and download them from the workshop

Parasite. Its literally $12 fucking dollars on humble right now.

Why do people want more ship classes? reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/6aqnnc/i_really_do_think_we_need_more_ship_classes/

The only ship class we need is titan.

This is true for all things;

>People think something needs fixing
>It probably does
>They suggest shitty solutions

Its like when car companies used to crowd source ideas for the 'perfect' car, and it would be an insanely fancy looking car with a good air conditioner but no radio, shitty suspension and the worst engine of all time.

The whole combat system needs a massive overhaul, but people are going to suggest simple things they think Paradox can do easily. Ironically more ships is probably the most cost ineffective thing for them to do.

Do you know why people call you a faggot for posting Reddit? because you walked into a bar filled with idiots and then walked out and said
>Look! The earth is actually flat because this guy said so!

You go looking for stupid fucking opinions then you're going to get stupid fucking opinions, faggot.

No, your unity and research output is actually SHIT compared to going wide

stellaris smods ru/how-to-install-mods-for-stellaris

You install steam and click buy and all the dlc's for stellaris.

I did, made the folders and all
They don't appear in the launcher or in game

$12
Fucking
Dollars

Seriously.

.mod files go in documents/paradox interactive/stellaris/mod

.zip files go in documents/paradox interactive/stellaris/workshop/content/281990

did you do this? are the mods the right version? did you get them from skymods?

should be documents/paradox interactive/stellaris/workshop/content/281990/[mod number]

Distant Worlds: Universe is 20 bucks right now. Should I pick it up? My main criteria for these games is that they are fun without focusing on "winning". I lean more in the Paradox direction than the Civ direction.

spiral galaxy was a mistake

Jesus christ
I am a fucking authoritharia with reducation edict running and no free thought allowed and i still get this restart tier game of factions?
My slaves are literally more happy than my own people

Sounds like a bug? If you have slaves and imperial government, Authoritarian is free influence

Because we're missing a dedicated carrier class, and FEs have a capitol ship type we don't (Titan.)

Playing NSC, I feel like of the ship types, the necessary ones are the Titan and Carrier, and probably the Leviathan too since I just like it. Flagship is also not necessary, but flagships are a cool concept so nothing wrong with that one either.

One I'm not sure about is the Frigate. I mean, it has a unique role as a dedicated PD boat, but do we really need something like that?

Ones that are just gunk are the Battlecruiser and Strike Cruiser, which I don't even know what those do, and the Light Carrier, which you can just do with the vanilla Cruiser (and is kinda bad anyway.)

So it's not like more chip classes are a bad thing if they do something unique or are just neat. It's the filler ones that suck.

Do you need to research something special to put L weapons on a Destroyer? I'm at year 2304 and for some reason my Destroyer doesn't have any components for L slots.

We have dedicated carriers, they are called battleships and they have 3 docks

They dont get L slots

>3 docks
>Dedicated carrier
Your post is the one laced with drugs, holy shit.

No, a dedicated carrier is gonna have a whole hell of a lot more than some paltry three fighters. It's going to have very few direct weapons and mostly hangars. Even a battleship with hangars is still mostly an offensive big dick weapon ship.

You need an L size weapon researched and the proper hull section

It says $60

L sized weapon research? Even the default weapons have L slot variants. I don't have it in my hull section options either.

I distinctly remember otherwise, but maybe I'm insane.

Your arbitrary thoughts on this are irrelevant. We have ships that act as carriers, get over it.

Did someone say dedicated carrier? Pshh nothin personnel... PD

Humble Store.

Why are these guys so cute? I love the little sounds they make. I love playing them as fanatical purifiers.

We don't have dedicated carriers. I specified that much for a reason, senpai.

>Your thoughts are irrelevant
No more than yours.

Nice station. Too bad those don't move.

Gross.

This has nothing to do with my thoughts; we have dedicated carrier ships.

You're just refusing to see reason and shitposting to save face, so have your last (you)

I don't think you understand what dedicated means. For it to be a dedicated carrier, it would have to go all in with hangar bays. That's not the case for battleships with hangar sections. Those sections are still mainly made up of weapons, they just sacrifice a slot for one hangar so there's some paltry fighter action going on. That's not a dedicated carrier ship, because the ship itself is not focused mainly on being a carrier. It's a mixed spec if anything.

There's a lot of reasons to hate NSC, but the Carrier ships aren't it.

user, it seems clear you either didn't understand what I meant or just wanted to be an idiot but don't have the nuts to keep going. Trying to back out of the conversation by calling me a 'shitposter' just makes it more obvious.

Every new ship is a metric fuckton of wasted time and money. The game doesnt need more ships it needs better combat and more ships wont solve that.

>family of fishes
you mean species? anyway, that should not be the case, some dams have some "water ladder" thingies that fishes can climb

More ships would add to the game quite a bit. Wouldn't fix the combat though.

No, it literally wouldn't add a thing but pointless bloat. That is the sort of 12 year old desire without thought that ruins games.

So I have a question about Fanatical Purifier, does it give you unity for the Cleanse Planet war demand, or do you have to gas the population yourself?

Its automatic, they get killed the moment an alien is in your borders

>New content is always bloat.

No retard, bloat is bloat, are you really so underage you cant figure out that adding in new ship types doesn't change a thing for Stellaris? It doesn't make the combat better, it doesn't improve anything, it wont work without fixing the actual problems of the game.

Apart from the fact they would have to make new models for all the ship types, which would cost a fortune in of itself, they would then have to spend a fortune making them work for the AI so they actually have a role.

Its a complete waste of time and money and im glad they've given no indication of ever adding new ships. It would be a straight up loss. If you really want new ships you can go make it yourself or download any of the mods that does it. Pro Tip; They are all shit because of the reasons above.

What defines bloat? Far as I can tell from you and others like you here and in /gsg/, bloat is content that you don't personally like or care about.

>This butthurt fury that someone doesn't agree with your opinions in the internet.

The fact new ships is bloat is a fact, not an opinion.

Redoing the combat so there is no longer big stack v big stack would be an improvement. Adding ships would not.

End of discussion.

I literally stated it in the first sentence

Currently there's so little difference of importance between ship types that you could remove everything but corvettes without affecting the game much

I agree, that reddit shitposter who wants new ships should really fuck off.

Literally have a mod that adds everything you are crying about.

Your opinions are not facts just because you declare them to be. That's just a sign that you have a critical lack of an argument.

>Posts link to reddit to complain about them
>Calls other people reddit

3 was the best one imo.

Attacking the person and not the argument I just put forward proves you never had an argument to begin with

Go on, explain how more ships solves anything. Prove its not bloat.

IS it possible to have two different installations of Stellaris in the same computer and user ?

I want to keep 1.5.1 and have a updated game by the side ( 1.6.1 )

>proceeds to defend the pointless shitty idea of new ships 'because it sounds cool'
reddit

senpai you've been attacking me the entire time while ignoring anything I say. Don't pull that shit out now like it won't bite you in the ass.

For one, nobody said it would solve the combat issues. You're just so mindlessly blind with rage that you glanced over that bit. For two, you were asked to define what you consider bloat. You refuse.

>For two, you were asked to define what you consider bloat. You refuse.
Pfthahah, wow.

Okay user, so the fact I stated what it is, and refered back to it when you asked for it, and you still pretend it never existed?

This 'argument' is over, even though it was just you spouting baseless autistic ramblings about new ships and ignoring all logic.

>attacking me the entire time while ignoring anything I say.
Because you are retarded. You want new ships, he posted why thats a bad idea, you ignored his points entirely.

Case and point
>you were asked to define what you consider bloat
>I literally stated it in the first sentence
>are you really so underage you cant figure out that adding in new ship types doesn't change a thing for Stellaris? It doesn't make the combat better, it doesn't improve anything, it wont work without fixing the actual problems of the game.

Next time think before you post kid.

Everyone ignore this shitposter or he'll never stop trying to save face anyway.

Why would it cost a fortune, its not like stellaris uses high quality models.

I'll say the same thing I did at the start. Trying to back out of the conversation without actually defining anything you're trying to argue like this just means you wanted to bitch but don't have the nuts to deal with confrontation.

>He
Cute.

>Bloat is bloat
Good definition. A real insightful look into what bloat is.

Your second sentence amounts to nonsense. It posits that Stellaris wouldn't be improved by, say, adding more interesting event chains, which are the only incentive for half of the shit you do in the first place. Because they are not bugfixes or mechanical changes. You act like the system is the only part that's important about a videogame, in which case one has to wonder why you aren't playing with spreadsheets. It also indicates a single target focus, and an inability to recognize issues along multiple axises. To you, the fact that combat is unbalanced means that this must be the first and most major priority, and any other suggestion to add content or improve the game is just 'irrelevant bloat' because all effort should be put towards improving combat. Never mind that anemic content and customization are other big issues for a game like Stellaris where they wanted to encourage some degree of roleplay like what you find in their other titles.

Adding China would cost a fortune we need to focus on preventing blobbing, content is bad you know.

Endless Legend for fuck's sake stop giving me these AMAZING Broken Lords starts when I'm not playing Broken Lords.
Yes I know it's my own fault for not playing Broken Lords all the time shut up.

I know that alien pops in my empire are automatically purged, giving unity, but does using the cleanse planet war demand still give me that sweet, sweet unity? The pops I'm cleansing are never part of my empire.

>authoritan
>not using imperial government and slaves
you brought this on yourself

>ai is being retarded
>quit
>later come back and start playing same game
>get really into it and actually complete three ascension perks without quitting
>terraforming dozens of worlds
>my ally gets attacked by one of the pathetic galaxy-spanning federations
>then I quit

I'm not looking forwards to sending my fleet there. Is it a good idea to have 20 battleships? Also fuck the Earth since they're the ones who made the federation and I'm Deneb. Fucking faggy friendly humans.

>having allies
>not attacking federations as soon as they form

>is it a good idea to have 20 battleships
Without any other information we have no idea. If you have like a hundred cruisers sure, if you've got a fucking tiny fleet then no. Battleships are only particularly good against other battleships and cruisers so having them be the mainstay of your fleet is always a horrible idea. They're artillery and should be treated as such, you take a few to soften up enemies at long range before your real forces get to work.

I beat the unbidden with 5art2flak battleships and nothing else
I was winning battles with 30% less initial fleet power, too

>wanted to try a single planet play through
>build a race around research and unity
>picked Arid
>doing iron man
>see this on a 600 star, 0.75 habitat world game

i have no words to explain how much i hate this game

if you're going single planet why did you only set it to .75?

I always set it to .75 just to lower the number creep.

Is it possible to play an ancap society in Stellaris? How would one hypothetically do such a thing?

SE V runs like shit on anything else than Win XP. There are some workarounds for it but i believe it works only on Win 7 not 8/10.

Nevertheless its a great game with incredible selection of ship sets which include BSG, Borg cubes, TNG, Homeworld, Babylon 5 and other.

Defensive alliance is not that useful

I only have like 20 cruisers

Build 60 more.

FINALLY found a use for all those corvettes

>corvettes
Why? Build them?

>meet fanatical purifiers
>herewegoagain.jpg
>prepare to fight them
>get message that they've embraced one of their factions
>they've switched from fanatic xenophobe and militarist to fanatic xenophobe and pacifist
>they become completely irrelevant xenophobic isolationists
Neat.

>this is what stellaris players are reduced to

In my defense I was going to type "TWATS" and an arrow but realized I didn't have enough corvettes.

And then the whole galaxy turns pacifist and forms defensive pacts.

what did they mean by this?

There's a way to make them have 100% evasion if you get the anomaly mission that gives you a choice between a unique science vessel & new engines, you pick the faster engines. Than reqruit an admiral that has an evasion bonus & have bestest thrusters equipped on your corvettes. = Nobody can even hit them