That guy who talks about how he's gonna buy a cheap, ugly car, and then put a huge engine and a new transmission in it

>that guy who talks about how he's gonna buy a cheap, ugly car, and then put a huge engine and a new transmission in it

>haha sure is fun being normies

>smokes the fuck out of you and then some with a hemi pt crusier

>not putting a jet engine in your honda civic

>not wanting a mad twin turbo AWD Passat wagon to annoy normies in their leased BMWs on the highway with

*hecks your shit up with a 2 gay G T E sleeper lexus*
noithing personnal kiddy

>buying a cheap ugly car and putting a huge engine in it
Why not do the opposite?

Is the 90's tercel a good cheap, ugly car to put a huge engine and a new transmission in?

that is diabolical

>that guy that says he is buying a used car for $2000 to not waste money on depreciation, then has to spend $10k over the next three years to keep his miserable shitbox running and then bum rides off of people because his transmission shit the bed and he has no money to fix it because he spent it all rebuilding the rest of his twenty year old shitbox

This is the same guy that posts in Veeky Forums threads about how no one should ever buy a new car.

>that guy that buy a new car and develops elaborate delusions to justify his shitty investment

I saw this video of an audi r8 with a 2L i4 in it. It was boosted to hell and back though, for 650 hp. It was used for hill climbs in the 2L displacement category

>tell normies you only have a vw golf III engine
>proceed to blast past them
Lel

That's fucking genius

We lost a great VW drivetrain that day

>that guy who talks about how he's gonna buy a cheap, ugly car, and then put a huge engine and a new transmission in it

Veeky Forums in one sentence

It will be remembered

Wow I'm fucking triggered

>vw golf III engine
Wait, that thing had a boosted to fuck 2.slow? You sure about this?

View for proof

>he doesnt know how to wait for a gem on CL and snatch it up
>he doesnt rebuild fucking everyrthing as soon as he can after buying a shitbox
A complete engine rebuild on my toyota cost me ~$450, and anything else maybe ~$200 in upkeep. She runs great now and will last for another 5 years at least with regular upkeep

How much did a new transmission cost?

Every true gearhead should attempt it once to realize just how retarded of a project it is. Even if you did it right you now have a car thats still worthless that you have sank hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into and for waht? Just to say you did it?

Idk, I'd spend up to $10k to build a sleeper just to have fun in, I don't care if I can't turn around and sell it for that much or more. If return on investment is so hugely important than you should drop cars and get into real estate or some other kind of investing.

These people usually want to race people in an actual nice car at stop signs to... prove a point or something.

Usually poor fags just LARPing let them LARP is the closest they will get to doing it just chill.

How do people rebuild an engine for that cheap? My mechanic charged me 600 for shocks, and you can rebuild a fucking engine for 450... How do you find the time to do this? Do you not have life responsibilities?

I love that car in pic related, they all rotted out where i live though

First thing to remember about people talking about cars is that they never admit to paying more than the equivalent of pocket lint and a bent washer for anything.

Zero, because manuals are forever, Normie. Go back to Facebook.

>Not going to Walmart and pulling a free one from the parking lot
Disgusting

>replaces clutch
>again

>Just to say you did it?
For the very same reason one guy decided to build the first car. Men make projects to prevent boringness.

>this kills the weeb

I knew a guy with two mostly identical mustangs he restored from shit like this. One with a small block and one with a big block. He'd race the small block and get smoked, but before he paid em the $200ish for the race he'd offer double or nothing. When they say yes he says he has to run home and get the money, swap cars when he got there, come back and destroy them. He did this til he bought a rusty old trans am and suped that shit up to race more but kept it rusty just for the sake of hustling.