/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Battle Garegga edition.

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Dangun Feveron M2 port
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/
>Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/
>DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/
>WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/
>Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Graze Counter
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899022724
>Ketsui M2 port
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv297866770
youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv297866785
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for fish

>no TH16 in the upcoming releases
Shit OP. Would have preferred kraut's pedo shit desu.

>no TH16
lol, just lol

youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
/shmupg/ required viewing

>Would have preferred kraut's pedo shit desu.
secretly we all would.

sanic modo
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv297866770

touhou is pedo shit

>pedo
crino is 60 years old

60 in touhou years is 6 in human years, how else would you explain bosses thinking some fancy pattern that you can react to will kill you more surely than a fast as shit aimed bullet from behind.

>how else would you explain bosses thinking some fancy pattern that you can react to will kill you more surely than a fast as shit aimed bullet from behind.
Actually there is a bit of an explanaition for that. Fights in the 2hu universe are not actual battles to the death, because with how overpowered everyone is that would lead to the destruction of the universe or something. Instead they are Spellcard battles, basically games.

this fucking meme again

Dead thread

should i bomb in practice?

Yes, but they must be planned bombs. Except you are able to no bomb of course.

should i practice?

your choice, i am shortly. I'd like to hit stage 6 on day 2 of raiden 2.

>practice
>get worse
hmmmm, guess i'll stick to runs until i can consistently get to last levels.

sure why not? but if you find yourself constantly bombing in one place it's time to either try something different or accept that you will bomb there on a real run.

stop samefaging

it's actually not the same person

Let this rote memorization meme genre die. Thanks.

what is dead may never die

SHOOTING
GAME
NEVER
DIE

i want play something enjoyable

Have you tried playing a shmup?

play ccwi with type-z

Dragon Blaze is the game for you

I can't decide wether I should add an option/bit which slows down bullets like the spirit in Guwange and also gets controlled like in Guwange, or if I should make it just seek the nearest target instead, kinda like the bits in R-Type Leo.

If it would controll just like in Guwange it would be too much of a rip-off, wouldn't it?

>arcade games
>enjoyable

They are enjoyable. They just usually take a lot of practice, that's why I suggested CCWI with Type Z, since that's not too difficult.

Is the player ship a space squid? Is slowing down bullets a key part of scoring? If yes then Guwange style, if not then R-Type Leo style or some other kind of automated way. The Guwange mechanic is too involved for simple bullet destruction.

>Is the player ship a space squid?
No.

>Is slowing down bullets a key part of scoring?
I was thinking so yes. I was thinking about making it so, that when you slow down a bullet, and then destroy it by killing the enemy it comes from, the bullet gets transformed into ammunition for your homing lasers, instead of coins like in Guwange. Your homing lasers have limited ammo, kinda like Ikaruga, and whenever you kill something with it you get a small multiplier, depending on how long you have charged the shot (the charge will also have loops later).

So, the bullet slowdown is intented for scoring yes.

Why do xou think it should be like Guwange when scoring is involved and not like R-Type Leo? Do you think if it is automated it would be too easy to score?

I just wouldn't want a somewhat ambiguous automated system in charge of scoring. It's alright if it's really consistent and doesn't home in on the wrong bullets on accident or is so fast that it doesn't matter, but it just feels like you're giving up potential depth by removing control. The way you described it seems fine though.

there are easier games, something like cave 1-alls is a lot easier than ccwi and more enjoyable for casual play, becouse cave games weren't made by one guy who drew graphics in mspaint and asked his friend to compose music in mario paint. besides type z just totally breaks the game balance at least until stage 5, it's not really enjoyable when everything dies as soon as it appears, type I is the most enjoyable to me for survival without tryhard scoring, most likely the game was build around type 1, after all it's even on title screen.
sfc area88, gg aleste II, gigantic army.

*tips fedora*

Maybe i focus on boost mode with tyze z

eurovision in an hour

top kek aye i'm watching it for the lulz aswell, looking forward to seeing the brexit vote impact on the voting. Germany giving us nil point calling it now.

I'm tempted to watch it too just to have a laugh but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I imagine the most ridiculous contestants are already gone.
Although, considering the shameful shit that does emerge from these sort of contests in spite of the long process of elimination it might be worth having a look for the hell of it anyway.

well its basically the same as the shmup scene anyway, chock full of absurd trannies.

Klabauter, hol die Schnittchen raus, es fängt an.

Zu kringelig für mich

in other news i came

It bugs me that other shmups will never be as good as Touhou as long as they're constrained by the limitations of the arcade format. I've played a lot of games which clearly had a lot of effort put into the art, the music, the level design, the bullet patterns, the scoring system etc, but because they need to be coin munchers to justify being in an arcade, the developers are forced to drag their work down and ruin it with awful design decisions - bad mechanics, RNG, artificial difficulty etc.

Ketsui and G-Darius are two games I like a lot and it hurts knowing that objectively they're not as good as even the most mediocre Touhou games (UFO, EoSD) because they had the misfortune of not being PC/console doujin games from conception.

Don't post this ever again

Fuck me do I not like these two idiots and their fake, shit-eating grins. If I had one word to describe this event I'd call it decadent.

eurovision sucked more than usual, romanias bint was top tier though. well worth knocking up and punting down the stairs.

>G-Darius
>not as good as even the most mediocre Touhou games
You fuck!

I checked out at #23 or so. I liked the Greek qt the most, although the German and Romanian ones were nice too.

germany defo won't be last, hungary and that abomination roma will be, that was gypo shite.

rapey romanian reprezent

I dunno, most of the music was painfully generic; don't even remember most of it. Sadly, them being qts didn't make their music good.

I remember the German song was all right though, the Ukranian was decent too and probably the best by virtue of not being euro-/pseudo-ethnic pop trash.
Didn't see the UK one, must've been at the start or towards the end.

12pts for STRAYA

uk was 18th and not bad, nothing was very good though not even the fanny, dunno bout the cock that's your department.

aussie bantzzz

lmao

Bahmpu~

I really hate Real Battle Phase 1. I was doing so well until a stray fucking bullet that I couldn't see, killed me and my chances of getting to the true final boss. You cannot fuck up in that stage but it's so hard to see the enemy bullets!

>implying that's a bad thing in this degenerate contest

is this a pasta from toehoe circlejerk?

>dunno bout the cock that's your department
youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0

i played stg and now i am idiot?!?!?! is this normal?

I can't find EOSD on jlist anywhere but they seem to have everything else in the 'modern' chronology. Supposing I wanted to actually buy it to show support and not just play it like I do now where would be a better place to purchase it? Jlist is usually a great place concerning this but I have been let down this day.

didn't someone post about getting a copy in the mail the other day?

That's me, I bought it on eBay, new and sealed for 20€.

Seller is called "kou_exp", he ships to anywhere.

Thank you, anons. Found him!

I lost a life at Real Battle Phase 1 again! Why is that fucking level so hard to do a no miss on?

Is anyone know if Trouble Witches Origin is any good?

I've heard it's good but I haven't actually played it. Thinking I might pick it up next sale.

>The @STGWeekly crew are looking for people versed in the shmup genre to help with streaming, commentary, and hosting

I hate games with limited shot resources

i hate shmups with melee attacks, that why batrider sucks

Suddenly so many unlimited runs
live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv297866785

>i hate shmups that force me to learn more skills, that's why i say batrider sucks to make myself feel better about being shit

Google translate pussy retard baby>english

>>The @STGWeekly crew are looking for people versed in the shmup genre to help with streaming, commentary, and hosting
i'd do it if my bong internet wasn't so wank.

batrider is shit

Of course you'd do it, considering the attention whore you are.

i'm not going to apologize for being confident, you should feel embarrassed for failing yourself.

k

who /beastingothergenresforfun/ here? one trick ponies please leave.

>please, give me attention

stg weekly is on today playing hipster kusoge 2!

Beasted Ace Combat 2 in full yesterday!

>i hate everyone who makes me feel insecure, i blame them instead of myself.

Nice, ive never done a singlle ace combat game yet but really should.

Whats better between type A and B in DU3?

Lasers you mean? I like the thin homing one.

2nd is just the first loser

and that's why i try harder.

>can't even get wr in a poojin kusoge
you couldn't lace johnsons boots boy

you know that's not a shmup right?

it's still poojin, no difference

you don't get to be an authority on racers unless you are good at them, you aren't.

race me in mario kart right now and get smoked chav

twitch tv/stgweekly

Power Strike II

i played this game

gaaah, i cant listen to this french dude for an hour, just too annoying