/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Fuck Venice edition

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 13th
1638 – Construction began in Delhi on the Red Fort, the residence of the Mughal emperors, now an iconic symbol of India.
1779 – Russian and French mediators negotiated the Treaty of Teschen to end the War of the Bavarian Succession.
1917 – Ten-year-old Lúcia Santos (pictured middle) and her cousins Francisco and Jacinta Marto reportedly began experiencing a Marian apparition near Fátima, Portugal, now known as Our Lady of Fátima.
1981 – Mehmet Ali Ağca shot and critically wounded Pope John Paul II in Saint Peter's Square, Vatican City.

>News
EU4 DD 09/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-may-2017.1020275/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!aZ0jSTrR!RFYbmdXLzAN62wvO6UYngkwtQ-dANEePDmna8pMrH-o
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold
youtube.com/watch?v=SRXmuvLU8LQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PRVI ZA JUGOSLAVIJA
JEDAN DAN CE NAS VRATI

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

pls respond

Reminder to never trust a Frog.

La Plata will dominate the universe

Nobody knows where to find that mod? I don't know if the thread on Paradox's forum is still live.

olá, general de grandi estratégia

Hola como te va?

olá, apreciador de licor

What mod?

The world randomizer.

I know I used it a couple of times, I'm playing _____LoL__ right now, so I'll try to find it in a bit

I forgot to specify, it's for Victoria 2.

Yeah I have it, I'll upload it for you in a bit

Very kind of you, thanks!

Why did the one with the actual OP pic get pruned while this one stays up?

wew, R&I BTFO

the user in the other thread said it, this is how gsg dies

Is there any MP Victoria 2 game on now?

Here it is.
mega.nz/#!aZ0jSTrR!RFYbmdXLzAN62wvO6UYngkwtQ-dANEePDmna8pMrH-o
Make sure to read the readme and tweak the settings a bit, also you might have to run it a couple of times before something nice comes out

>the janitor removes the non shitposting thread.
really made me think

>Venice will soon cease to exist

Based.

Vassalize Hungary and restore their borders for a proper border state

>butthurt

newfag here

Is EU4 only good as babies first grand strategy game or is it actually good when compared to the other games? Should I just jump straight to Vicky 2?

Thanks again!

Really made my brain do that thing.

>tfw OP
>didn't even mean to shitpost, just couldn't find a proper OP image
>not even part of any groups, plazas or cords
sorry guys

Dumb arbitrary shit like this is really making me go back to Liqqy. I've won like two wars and am winning a third right now. I don't think I've ever lost a single battle either.

Should do. The alliance with Russia is really no longer profiting me either now that Poland-Lithuania is pretty much dead.

Good user

Which is more aesthetic, OG China border (blue) or Primorye-only border (green)? The region in question, Amur, is majority Manchu so I don't feel bad about bringing it back to its rightful owner, even though I technically don't have cores on it anymore. I'm involved in the best possible Great War (me and Germany vs France and Russia) and we're dominating so I can take whatever I like.

Green desu

Green honestly

Take all of Siberia
Ignore these retards

Neither. China does not deserve outer Manchuria.

Reminder that all these Catholics are willingly rebelling to join an Islamic Shia one province minor in the middle of nowhere.

To which?

>3
>3
>1
release everything and then go over the infamy limit. then lose to commie rebels and proceed to kill most of your population, then yourself

Is Victoria 2, dare I say it, outdated?

I'd say yes but it's significantly better than PeeU4 and GoY4. It's the game we need but not the one we deserve

made you look :^)

It's way more than we deserve, desu

But EU4 with DLC is the best game Paradox has ever made?

God contrarians make me sick.

Gonna unironically make a Hyper Prussia Mod while waiting for MP.

Should Austria + Sudetenland be added to the SGF now that it's a republic and can't ever form KuK or should I try to somehow give them Danubian Federation?

So what's that Third Rommel DLC all about?

>About to die
>Gift your heir all of your items so you can't lose em

Should I form Andalusia and leave the Maghrebi culture group, or stay as Tunisia?

The latter

>Heir was in the secret Sunni society

stop posting LWA
you posted Ursula sensei last thread as well

>*autistic screeching in Swedish*

@/r/paradoxplaza
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuckold

Commies need not apply.
I'm also only 1 industry score from Germany and 50 from UK, I should have just invested for the screenshot to bump myself into the lead.

Which is better, EU3 or EU4?

And why?

EU4 by far

don't listen to the memers

How did you get your borders that small after forming the Romablob?

EU3 with MEIOU

>there's only a single person ursula posting

What province is acceptable to take from Britain to use as a naval/army base?

The Prussian. He starts war. He fuels war.

I asked why

Vicky2 > EU4 > Darkest Hour > EU3 > CK2 > HoI 3 = HoI 4 >>>> literally who cares lmao

Prove me wrong. You literally can't.

Stellaris >> all of those

HoI3 > EU3 > Vicky2 > EU4 > Darkest Hour > CK2 > dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HoI4

>decide to play a round as the US after months of not playing a single paradox game
>Single handedly sink the IJN and put a blockade around Japan
>recapture africa all by myself
>invade Italy pushing all the way up to the mountains
>move Patton to england to prepare to invade france thinking my allies would fill in the gaps
>invade france
>allies haven't shown up
>40% war participation
>england has 34% because they're defending India
Are Paradox AI getting worse or is it just me?

Distant Worlds >>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stellaris

Victoria and HOI are so different that it's not really fair to compare them. That said, V2 and HOI3 are objectively the best paradox strategy games. The biggest problem with HOI3 was that it came out a couple months before V2 and got completely overshadowed by it, so nobody ever finished the few good mods that were started.

Darkest Hour is better than HoI3 though.

>Are Paradox AI getting worse or is it just me?

Its just that Johann cares more about pandering to the masses than actually creating a solid gsg. HOI3 was deemed a failure for Parajew because it was way too difficult even for faithful long time gsg players.
Paracuck panicked hard and went full casual with a mobile tier arrow-drawing simulator bullshit just to avoid another hoi3 type failure

It looks better on an 800x600 and has a highly regarded total conversion mod, so I guess if those are your criteria, sure. I was thinking more about the actual gameplay.

No, it isn't.

HoI3 has shit modding platform, you cannot e.g. change tags

>mfw GOY4 has 7k online players at this hour
>steam doesn't even list if there are any on HOI3 (probably just me, though)

Not an argument.

Agreed.

Fuck off. Goy3 is as shit as Goy4, just for different reasons.

Take a look at those portraits at the bottom, it should be self explanatory that Paradox doesn't give a shit about video games anymore and its just a fucking art studio. They paid some retarded fuck 16.50 an hour to sketch that disgusting deviant art inspired shit someone pulled out of their fucking asshole, instead of paying someone to make the AI better and simply have the portraits as actual photographs in HoI3.

You are a gigantic loser and a fuckup if you pay for Paradox games, no matter how much you rationalise it. You are paying to have someone spoon feed you a bowl of shit with Paradox. You can pirate the game, and all the expensive and bullshit DLC's and content packs for fucking nothing. If you are a person that semi-regularly plays the multiplayer, you are a fucking cottage cheesed brain piece of shit and you probably deserve to get killed one day.

I don't need to tell you this, right?

Not arguments.

Alright, I'll bite. Goy3 really isn't a GS game. It's focused purely and solely on war and on that, it does its job really well. War strategies can be implemented well, encirclement and the like. And if you just want to watch AI do shit, turn on AI mode, it's good for that as well. HOWEVER, it fails to simulate politics, its very railroaded to the point where Japan and USA that are both in the Axis STILL results in Pearl Harbor and Axis at war... with itself.

Now Goy4 is pretty much the opposite. While it isn't railroaded, it has 'freedom' to the point where Belgium can conquer all of Germany in 1937 or you can get communists in Germany in 1939. It also fails to get you to do anything outside of war. Meanwhile DH provides plenty of internal management. Based sliders, loads of mods still being made for it to this day that provide both flavor and alternate history scenarios which give you things to do in peace time. Fatherland mod for example is set entirely during a Cold War rather than full-on war.

As such, both HoI3 and HoI4 pale in comparison to their predecessor and can't be considered GS games, though at least 3 is better than 4 at being a war game.

I would actually unironcally think positivley of HOI4 if it at least had the OOB.

This Army -> Division bullshit is nigger tier and doesn't satisfy my autism. Even the shitty AI in hoi3 could pull pincer moves for you if you delegated specific targets for a few corps. In GO4 either you let the """"AI""" do a clusterfuck grindfest on the entire front or you try and do it all yourself and hope the the AI doesnt suddenly decide to fuck everything up and re arrange everything.

OOB, man. I'd fucking pay someone to mod that into the game if it were possible

OOB?

Order Of Battle.
Pretty much groups of units by hierarchy.

Division>Corps>Army>Army Group>Theatre

Starting with Corps you could let the AI control your shit and at least for non-complex operations it was ok.

>Diplo Tech 32
>Steam Warfare
>Unlocks galley: "Demologos Battery"

Thoughts?

cuck

Redpill me on him.

>land of the free
amerikeks BTFO

Why is this going to trigger a succession war? I'm not married to the Habsburgs.

good post

lmao that image

youtube.com/watch?v=SRXmuvLU8LQ

Washington should've been King, but who would his successor be?

Also, would Washington be George I or George IV of America?

>handoutou

>tfw you're a poor japanese meme peddler and need a handoutou

pdxcon has started
twitch /paradoxinteractive

>handouto
>planned economy
makes sense

Because you share the same dynasty

thanks
what are they talking about?

hoi4

Introducing women into video game development