New car, thoughts?

1983 dodge rampage. Got it for free from a neighbor.

This is how the car was found. Hasn't been moved since 2011 thereabouts.

Engine bay was free of mice and rats thankfully, but I think it's because it was filled with what seemed to be a thousand or so spiders. Luckily these spiders aren't the web building sort.

Some front end damage, thankfully all the parts are intact. Only about 8,000 of these were made so finding replacement parts would be a dick and half

It's amazing what a simple washing will do. I got a buddy of mine who paints, I might ask him if he'd mind helping me paint it. I'm thinking candy apple red or black.

Runs great?

I actually like the original colour, if I were you I'd keep it.

Man it looks like it's happy to be in your hands.

I have a fetish for these and subaru brats

>not painting it like a speedboat

I'm really surprised it still has the bed cover

Interior, ignition lock has been replaced hence the steering wheel being all jacked up, I might have to tinker with it, apparently the guy who installed it did something wrong they think. Idk. Someone stole the battery a few years back so once I get one of those I'll be able to start fooling with it

More interior. I really like the racing seats.

>look closer
>can actually see the spiders in the lower left
>mfw

Can anyone tell me what the fuck fluid goes in here? It obviously doesn't have a manual and it doesn't say on the cap. Whatever it is it's bone dry.

Top of cap.

Yeah I fucking gassed those fuckers. I love house spider bros but not an army of them at a time.

Someone used woodscrews to connect the air hose >:/

Power steering

Thank you my savior

It should. It was a little old lady that used it as a grocery getter and it's just been sitting for 8 years. I'm gonna run some seafoam through it a few times and see.

Like I said someone stole the battery, we actually towed it back home.

Mopar guy here. Buy a rear-ended or slid-into-a-tree Turbo 3 or Shelby Z Daytona and start bolting everything you possibly can off it onto that Rampage. This has been a secret fetish of mine forever and is a ridiculous thing to do unless you got both cars together for under $1,000 which is a lot easier when you start with a free Rampage.

Anyone know of a free PDF download for a user manual?

So I'm not a huge car guy. My first car was a 77 El Camino and I have a fetish for old school car trucks, so forgive me when I ask

What?

I actually have a buddy with one exactly like that but with the camper shell.

Well the Rampage isn't really the same as an El Camino or a Ranchero, which are muscle cars underneath and the Brat and Baja are Subarus so AWD light all-terrain vehicles.

The Rampage is a K Car i.e. born as a "let's compete with the Japanese" economy car. By the mid to late 80s though Chrysler had caught turbo fever probably worse than any other car manufacturer ever - a fever that would eventually birth the SRT group but it all began with bolting turbos onto 4 cylinder engines in K cars. Basically every single 80s Chrysler was available in a turbocharged package except the poor Rampage. It stopped being produced in '84 at basically the exact moment that turbos started to come in everything but it's still a K car so most (nearly all) parts from other K cars can bolt right onto it. The Charger is the most common K car that has the best K car drive train so it's the ideal donor but by all means if you can find any turbododge of the era for free take it and start frankensteining.

The price was exactly correct.

I've owned two of these wretched things, the Plymouth version.

Do not put more than a couple of hundred dollars into, or you're pissing money down the drain.

Truly horrible excuses for an automobile.

this would be a classy swap OP

Literally about to post the same shit. Turbo 2.2 swap that thing, especially for how rust free it is. Would be a great sleeper

They actually are NOT K Cars, they're L bodies, which came out several years before the K. The later models did use the K car's 2.2L though, hence the understandable misconceptions.

they're just daddy long legs, they wont hurt you

Lol I know but I still hate them.

OK guys so I got an old.car battery, it was nearly dead but it had enough power for the ignition to.halfway turn over and the overhead lamp come on, batteries on the charger now, I'm gonna try it again in half an hour. Wish me luck.

Nice paper weight, fag.

That's the stuff of nightmares man. I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10ft pole. Imagine if you miss a few and they start coming out of the air vents while driving. Damn I should get my arachnophobia checked. Cool car though nice rare find

OK so the battery is an old one and doesn't have enough juice to turn the engine over. I'll try jumping it off when my brother comes down in a week, he's a bit more mechanically inclined and will be able to do more than me as far as noticing any issues popping up.

are you alright?

If they sold something comparable new today, that's something I could see myself buying.

1/2 tons are ridiculous and even the Colorado/Taco are fuckhuge compared to the Ranger/S10 of the past.

Cancerous

don't paint it, patina is better

hahaha public transport fag

nice ride, OP. Definitely should drop a v8 in it. still looks like a fun project.

Lots of foreign markets have "Utes" but they just historically don't sell well in the US for some reason.

pretty neat OP, i hope you post more about it.

cancer is dumping money n time in a vehicle that in the end will still be worthless; because "free". voice of reason.
nice projection

If they don't plan reselling it (i.e. keeping it for themselves because they like it) then whether it's worth anything to someone else is irrelevant.

Those spiders don't even have fangs big enough to bike with. They are literally inoffensive.

Probably because Americans would just buy a truck

Fuck off busrider.

if op is going though the motions restoring, there is actual decent cars out there. ones that weren't complete shit to begin with.

>diesel fiat

worthless shitbox defense force triggered lal

Remind me again what car you have.

I own 3 vehicles. If you guess them I will give you a cookie. If you don't, line up with the rest of the autistic stalkers obsessed with me on this board.

What’s the matter? Are you embarrassed to tell?

>lines up
good girl :^)

Seems to me its just a bunch of shitboxes that aren’t even worth half of my car altogether.
:^)

>I own 3 vehicles
shitbox, other shitbox, bike

autism

Man,whose dick do I have to suck for a free car?

I don't even have my first car yet
It sucks

Nah, pretty sure I'm dead on.

Focus on getting it running first
Don't want to think too big and end up getting disappointed by slow progress

Be friends with someone who buys lots of cheap cars. That's how I did it.

What said. But I guess it depends how easy it'd be to acquire one as well. N/o/rcal fag and theres a guy selling a running rear-ended turbo Omni for $600 around here

Tfw the new Colorados are a few inches short of a 2000s extended cab Silverado

fuck
now i want a brother for my brat, too bad these are probably rare/expensive as fuck in nofunland

Longitudinal engine? Is it FWD?

Implying I have any money to dump and didn't spend the last 8 months riding a bike to work.

OP here, only 11,000 miles on the odometer.

It is! They made them in 4x4 but mines one of the fwd they came out with.

I really only got it because I miss my first car, that 77 El Camino with a v8 350 in it. It reminds me of being a dumb teenager with a muscle car. Plus there was only ~8,000 of these dodges made so it's kinda neat I have one. I imagine most git sold for scrap around 1998.