Reminder

reminder,
the only reason Veeky Forums (millennials) hates boomers is because you're poor af, drive a 3k civic with autozone """mods""" and work at burger king spending all your money on anime, stickers, Wal-Mart car section shit and runescape subscription

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r_NLi63AdvU
rentjungle.com/average-rent-in-san-francisco-rent-trends/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

t. flyover state retard

You forgot to add this type of millenial
>drives some shitbox subaru
>spends money on "experiences"
>actually just code for cheap drugs and music fests
>has to work 2 non-jobs to afford apartment with 4 other people
>spends whats left of his money on vaping and tattoos
>asks parents for more when he runs out every month
Typical cuckstate faggot

@17664267
Wew trying really fucking hard at this bait user.
Sad.

kys

Gen x hates boomers too.

Yes.
t. Gen X'er that hates both millenials and boomers as well

As a Gen X I can confirm, those lot are idiots.

As a Gen X I agree. Boomers tend to be self entitled cunts whereas millenials have are weak cowards with no work ethic.

that's more than one reason you fucking idiot

>and runescape subscription

i like that, nice touch

RSN07-Catgodess

Forgot the other kind of millennial

>drives an older sportscar or sporty meme car and a used sportbike. might finance a BRZ/86.
>works 10-12 hours a day at a factory/warehouse/construction site making upwards of 50k a year
>considers themselves rich because they have no fiscal responsibilities
>lives alone
>plans to do so forever, considers women a meme, might be "married" to an anime character
>all the boomers and GenXers at his place of employment think he's a little weird
>fellow milennials on the job are either equally autismal or ex-cons

Show me on the doll were the millenial touched your corvette.

True, I am a millennial but save money and think about the future. Work my ass off to. I have friends who despite making shit on of money from dealing drugs, never have anything because they spent it all.

I really hate music fests. People going there are also weird for me. Festival is another name for slut and chad playground.

I'm a mechanical engineer and drive a z3 m roadster.
I make about 100k a year, and fuck boomers for making housing so fucking unattainable jfc

Millennials
>demand healthcare and jobs that pay decently

Boomers
>demand healthcare and millennials to spend money at their businesses

Not so different.

This is the kind of millennial nobody talks about or gives shit because they're not failures making below poverty wages.

They also spend any time they don't spend at work at a bar, at home, or piloting their shitmobile of choice at irresonsible speeds so it's not like you see them until they end up acting as a meat crayon sticking out of a maita.

Listen to me you also millennial wannabe boomer led zeppelin listening cuckfuck, boomers are the worst fucking things, but in this context especially for car culture.

Let me guess, you like "classic" American muscle cars right? Those ones that get 5mpg and cost 100k to buy? You want to know why they're so expensive and rare? Boomers.

>Boomers get classic new muscle cars when they get their licenses because they were raised in a perfect environment where parents could casually buy new cars as a gift for each of their kids
>they race them around, wrecking tons of them
>gas crisis hits in early 70s, they literally junk a giant swath of the amount of classic cars that were ever made
>buy econobox shit like Chevettes and Corollas for a lot of the 70s, ironically catalyzing the shit towards econoboxes and imports
>muscle cars are near worthless, late boomer teenage hooligans steal, race, and junk them for coke money
>by the 80s and the gas crisis is over and boomers are old and successful enough to be buying new Corvettes, luxury cars, and the poorer ones getting the occasional rebooted muscle car which they hate because they don't understand fuel injection
>fast forward, boomers filthy rich and suddenly nostalgic
>HOARD all the leftover classic cars they remember from when they were young to try to pretend the world hasn't changed since then
>tell themselves they're going to fix them and restore them themselves as they sit in barns for decades and fall apart
>have small junkyards worth of cars just sitting on their property exposed to the elements
>"I'll do it next year, or the year after that" they say because they have no sense of time in their old age
>actually drive a jeep or some shit instead of one of the 12 other cars they have to go to bingo or the doctors to get the lung cancer looked at

Boomers are fucking awful and being spiteful of things you don't understand doesn't make you better.

>me
>millennial
>born early-mid 90s
>lucrative engineering job making 6 figures, never work more than 40 hours a week, usually around 35, excellent benefits and insurance, more paid vacation time than I know what to do with, recruiters contacting me constantly
>raised super conservative but now liberal
>many of my friends are in the same boat
>car worth $50k
>still hate boomers despite making more money than the vast majority of them while being half their age

>nice cars shouldn't be raced
Fuck off you disgusting faggot. The nicer a car, the more gloriously destructive an end it deserves.
t. millenial who hates boomers

You try to say millennials are an entitled generation, which yeah I say they are, at least when they were growing up. But when most millennials reached early adulthood they were forced to grow up due to harsh circumstances of their environment. But Boomers? Boomers were the epitome of the millennial stereotype in their heyday and they were never exposed to anything to make them grow up. They are the children of WWII veterans who grew up in what is idealized as perfect Americana with stable neighborhoods and good cars and good culture and good people and they reached adulthood at a cultural apex with rock muscle and classic cars and were given EVERYTHING well beyond the "everything" millennials got on a silver platter.

You got senior positions from your family at whatever job you kept for 40+ years and retired from. You got to go to college for what you put in your summer piggiebank essentially. Boomer's ENTIRE LIVES have been cakewalks up until today and they blame it all on millennials because they're the current youth they don't understand. If you watch an old show from the 80s they made the same exact complaints about Gen X too as if they'd end the world and they just fucking grew up but you didn't. You're surrounded with so much money and security and condescension you're completely unable to recognize your own faults or open your mind to the notion you're not the center of the world. Instead you'd rather use your power to surround yourself with paraphernalia from your youth and die with it. And I say go ahead, a C2 Corvette isn't worth $300k anyway.

It's funny you say that.

My dad(boomer) is a huge car nut and during the gas crisis period he went through a lot of cars, buying mustangs for literally $25 or a bag of weed back then. He tells me this story every once in a while that he once had a nice red Mercury Cougar he loved to death, but one of his spiteful boomer friends sugared the tank on him so he decided to junk it. Before he did, one of his other friends asked if they could buy it off him so he could gut it and get it running himself since his Cougar was a beatup rusty shitbox, but my Dad said no and later took a baseball bat to his Cougar to make sure he couldn't get anything from it. He couldn't bear to see anybody with "his" Cougar, not even his friends. I'm always shocked about this not only because it's a $70k car these days but because he was his friend be he told me it was just normal and that he could get another one.

That's when it struck me that that was just how boomers think. They don't understand scarcity, especially within the context of cars. They tell themselves "this is mine and nobody elses" when they get a car and they refuse to let go of it, and they end up collecting dozens upon dozens of rusty cars that cumulatively would be worth hundreds of thousands but they don't even know that. They act like they're going to live forever and they'd rather own something they want and let it be destroyed than it go to somebody else and outlive them.

Cars deserve to be raced, sure. That's the whole point of anything sportier than a Prius. But Boomers just don't have a sense of scarcity because they've been given everything and have so much money. In those days they raced and wrecked cars now worth several college funds and hopped into another as a hobby, and now they collect the few undestroyed ones that are left just to wake up every morning and look at sitting in their garage before sitting down to watch the local fox news channel for 16 hours straight.

Nice Twitter-esque response, senpai

>That's when it struck me that that was just how boomers think. They don't understand scarcity, especially within the context of cars. They tell themselves "this is mine and nobody elses" when they get a car and they refuse to let go of it
Yes, and? What's wrong with that you commie faggot?

Yes consumerism is important to capitalism.
That doesn't mean gross negligence is productive.

I don't give a shit whether or not it's good for the economy. Their car, their rules.

>be me
>in 20's
>have career
>travel often
>multiple vehicles
>paid in cash
>so on so on
I don't get it. This shit ain't hard

For someone as lucky as you.
Care to start over and roll the die again to see how easy it is?

>lucky
I think you mean works hard and not an entitled faggot

You should really talk to old successful people and ask them what they think about hard work.
If they're being honest, which many will be, they'll tell you the truth. Of course they worked hard at some point, but there are people out there who worked harder and continue to work harder and never get anywhere.
Success in life is based off of luck and associates. Do you honestly believe that farmers don't work hard?

You sound autistic. I work with old successful people.
Like i said, life ain't hard. People are just lazy and entitled

maybe you have to think about how you spend your money if housing is unattainable on 100k a year

>It's a boomers pay $50k for an old tractor episode

Jesus Christ I didn't know I was a stereotype.

He's not asking the boomers to give up their personal liberty, he's asking them to have the decency to not let their collection rot. There are plenty of people who are capable of taking care of good cars these days, but when they're all sitting in some boomers garage then they never get the chance to do so.

Also, why enable this behavior? More than likely you're some bus rider that will never amass a collection like boomers did, considering you will never experience an economy that isn't permafucked by irresponsible boomer stupidity.

What do you do for work? Not afraid of being exposed are you?

If a baby boomer employs me and pays me well, why would i hate them

They make our cars and our country

Many are greedy but theyre good

Military contractor. Afraid of what?

>when they're all sitting in some boomers garage then they never get the chance to do so
So what?
If they want to hold cars that are going up in value, they should be able to, even if they feel like treating them like shit.
There are people buying up Keurigs and letting them go to shit too, how come you don't give a fuck about that?
Oh right, because you don't want one.

baby boomers are destroying the planet
youtube.com/watch?v=r_NLi63AdvU

i don't know a millennial who can afford a runescape subscription.

he probably lives in a really expensive city

just look at what the average price for rent is in San Francisco: rentjungle.com/average-rent-in-san-francisco-rent-trends/

In places like this, everything else is more expensive too. You add student loans and taxes on top of that and you have a perpetually poor 100k salaryman

you are trying to say that this is a bad thing?

>Gen Z already started getting their licences
fuck

>makes six figures
>50k car
>clearly upper class, college educated
>obviously bourgeoisie, i.e. engineer
>self-labeled liberal

these upper class, sheltered liberals make me want to punch a hole through a window. They really have no clue, do they?

Wich is worse? Gen Y or Gen Z

student loans are going to be the next financial crisis in 4 years from this date, archive will prove this.

REMEMBER ME

Gen Z is already rolling thier cars into ditches at high speed whilst broadcasting thier deaths.

You though they hated millennials. Wait until the sides of the road are plastered with Generation Z brains.

Fuck, that's me.

millennial here, still in college but making decent money as a developer as well.

I entered a car show the other week with my turdgen. I was literally the only Firebird out of 120 entries. The rest were rat-rod, resto-mod 50s-60s, or new in the wrapping corvettes, besides the rusted out shitheap geo metro with eyelashes on the headlights owned by another 21 year old, rusted out honda, and somewhat decent foxbody, literally everyone else was a boomer.

I saw our representation and no wonder our generation looks like shit, but also I see how greedy and uptight the boomers are too. Still some cool bros in every generation either way.

The Gen Xers will eventually be the new boomers and it'll just keep working on down the line