/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv (embed)
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM (embed)
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7 (embed)
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

Lost to the Zone:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
strawpoll.me/12954841
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8 (embed)
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7 (embed)
>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Bump

2nd for Slutsky

Why even play Bandit or Monolith? Everyone hates you. Ecologists have it the easiest.

According to warfare there's a monster right in front of me when I look at the map. However it's not there in the actual game.

well fug

All those Monoliths on the road I murdered won't respawn, will they?

because people like to shoot things and mutants are boring

Because I want to shoot people.

Because murder is fun

I bet you're americans or other such vile niggers.

Lithuanian actually

So nigger yeah.

>Nigger
>In easter neurope

Lmao how is 5th grade?

What I'm trying to say is that eastern europeans are nigger tier you stupid fuck
>created nothing
>ugly
>stupid
>always enslaved by others
if entire eastern europe vanished world wouldn't notice Russia is the only EE country worth mentioning and 70% of their land is in Asia anyway

I'm actually interested in what sort of nationalities play these games.

strawpoll.me/12954841

>inb4 .t marketer
>inb4 only Australians

WHERES STRAYA CUNT

Ah I see

>/pol/

>no northern europe

>oceania
bogan you dumb

At first I thought only eastern Europeans play STALKER and Metro games because I figured westerners couldn't really connect with the game's atmosphere.

>Western Europe
>Southern Europe
>Eastern Europe
>""Scandinavia""
Do you hate Finland, Iceland and the Baltics?

Do you not know what countries are in scandinavia or something?

Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

I think the majority still is from Eastern Europe. Name recognition for those two titles is still fairly limited here in Western Europe.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a terrible name because you lose the nu-male audience who don't want to offend their (future) girlfriends.

Metro is more known because of the two games their releases on console. Had normie friends who loved the shit out of them once they played them.

If 4A focuses a bit more on the horror elements and adds in some form of Multiplayer (co-op) for their next one, the Metro Franchise could become very big here and state side.

Hello Stalkers,

Is there a co-op mod yet? I'd like to play Call of Cherno or Misery, but with one more guy. Or is there a free roam multiplayer mod? Like a mmorpg or something... That would be fucking sick.

Hope you get sick and die

Maybe you should read a book, nigger.

Duty
>disciplined
>protect fellow Stalkers from mutants
>exoskeletons everywhere
>use slavic guns, not ashamed of their heritage

Freedom
>dude weed lmao
>don't really do anything that Loners couldn't do
>too poor for exoskeletons
>wannabe Americans, instead of bullets they load their guns with cuckold and feminism

the choice is obvious

>sometimes also

Yeah, they will respawn.

Plenty of murrikans play STALKER, it's one of the big phenomenoms on /k/.

>S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a terrible name because you lose the nu-male audience who don't want to offend their (future) girlfriends.
This is just stupid, dude. It's on par with "omg if you get a S.T.A.L.K.E.R tattoo people will think you're a sex offender xD!"-posts

Loners > Duty > Army > Ecologists > Clear Sky > mutants > mutant shit > Freedom > Bandits > Monolith

Objectively correct

Mercs>>>>>>Anything else

Why? Wouldn't it be fun if you could be in the zone, do your stuff... and stumble upon other stalkers. Make gangs, create bases and stuff. I think it would be interesting. Survariu, was supposed to have a freeroam mode... but they didn't deliver and instead focused on a shitty f2p p2w model.

Yeah let's turn Stalker into a hide and seek simulator like DayZ. Fuck off.

There is an MMO actually, it's called Stalker Online and it is free.

If you incorporate a karma or consequence system for ruthlessly killing for seemingly no reason, similar to Life is Feudal's, maybe it would encourage people to actually play out a role or respect faction lines. Not sure how you would implement somehting similar to LiF but in Life is Feudal when you kill too many people you have a moral standing. The lower it gets, when you die, the more skill points you lose. It's an incentive to keep from killing people on their property or without good reason. Would be hard to implement in the Zone though. Perhaps there would be safe areas like Stalker Online where if you kill someone you get a player killer penalty, similar to Stalker Online.

Matter of fact, I think Stalker Online already does this with a system. People can also place bounties on your head if you're a complete and total asshole or cause problems between factions, etc. An online Stalker needs to be the end means to be honest. A truly living zone would be awesome. Can you imagine faction warfare between a Duty player faction and Bandit factions?

Yeah, but that's just a DayZ clone that looks like shit.

I want the real Stalker, but just multiplayer. And not really like DayZ, where it's free for all... but more like you do your stuff and can stumble upon other stalkers. Everyone should be in a group like Duty, CS or Monolith, and if you kill a person from X group... you automatically become and enemy of the group... or you appear in the PDA of people as "wanted for murder".

I totally agree that DayZ and other survivals suck. That's why it should be an mmo like WoW, where you do missions and quests... not just looting and killing people on sight.

>... x6
>do your stuff and stumble upon other stalkers x2
>like WoW
This site is not for someone as retarded as you

Why COP maps load so fast yet in SOC I have to wait over a minute?

Can't wait to come across xXxNIGHTSTALKER42-0xXx and his 13 year old friends larping as ISIS members in the Zone.

SoC was made by Orthodox Christians who want you to make a prayer inbetween each area.

You're probably mad cuz you got rekt in DayZ or other online games of the kind (h1z1, battlegrounds, etc)

Just look at Escape From Tarkov... it's works well. Just imagine it being in the zone with dealers, artifacts, mutants, factions, labs, etc

Does body armor piercing ammo do worse against monsters? Do shotgun slugs do worse against monsters? I've enver ever actually bothered finding this out before

slugs should wreck everything, AP ammo have less punch but more armor penetration duh

ok seriously, does Arsenal Overhaul improve the AI?

Because I just had the best fucking fight I ever had.

>game keeps crashing on dx11/dx10
>switch to dx9
>15fps
what is this bullshit

Are you playing as a Center or a Power Forward?

>Army above Ecologists and Clear Sky

Survarium started as the spiritual successor of STALKER (yes, offline) and once it switched to being an MMO it failed miserably to do so.

The faith of Escape From Tarkov won't be different - the issue is not the execution, the concept (compared to STALKER) is inherently flawed.

ayyyy

So guys, I just finished the entire series. Even Clear Sky after you faggots told me not to bother (it wasn't that bad once you got used to it). I still want to continue stalking.. Any games you guys recommend that still retains the same type of atmosphere as STALKER? I played Metro 2033 already and that game actually lead me to picking up STALKER in the first place.

Lol, Survarium never started offline. It was always meant to be multiplayer and the devs said they would include free-roam open world in the end. So they just started testing with some team death match modes, similar to cod or red orchestra, and never delivered the mmo aspect as promised.

So it's just a cod copy with closed maps, unlocks and skins. And it's pay 2 win. It was never offline and it was never mmo. It was supposed to be an open-world MMO... but the devs didn't deliver, nor will they try to, after seeing how the p2w model brings in cash.

Mods.

Or Escape From Tarkov.

Call of Chernobyl

Shooting Guard

I'm gonna give CoC a try. I don't think my PC can handle Escape from Tarkov

Maybe I should have worded better ("started" is ambiguous), but the essence of the story is that Vostok turned to MMO model the for financial reasons. Oleg himself talked about that.

Had they put their trust in their abilities and fan base, we would have a proper STALKER successor. Escape From Tarkov probably also going to get their p2w money, butt we'll lose - again.

While I can see a good STALKER 2 happening when Sergey's Ferrari will be impound, but the same cannot be said for a partially of exclusively multiplayer title in the same universe.

what mod are you guys playing right now? being out of the stalker loop for a while so please don't tell me you are still playing CoC

crash of chernobyl

>still
i just started fampai ;_;
was also out of the stalker loop for a year or so and last time i played CoC it was a shitshow, now its still a shitshow but less so

any add-ons for it that are worth the download time and the trouble to make it all work?

i didnt experience any trouble making mine work (except for 2 reinstalls because of a few mods i decided i dont want but i didnt keep backups)

Did anyone try the new "time-travel" mod? It came out like two days ago or something, and it supposedly has a new story, where it sends you back to 2014 to stop something from happening.

Trump election?

Keep dreaming.

Find Strelok
Kill Strelok

how do i get through the flaming corridor in agroprom underground

Use bolts to find a safe(ish) route.

It's a pain in the ass
You can't kill that specific flying fire orb, I tried

I think if you sneak real careful you can avoid the explosions, that's how I did it

Starting up CoC again after about a year and am about to start going through updating all of these addons.

Are there any of these that have been replaced by something better or other things I should consider that have been released in the past year?

i just gave up and used a different entrance since i only wanted streloks docs anyways. whats even the point in getting past that corridor?

Play CS

I think he means the flaming columns that pop up when you are supposed to get the door code and you mean the electric floor

What the fuck are you talking about

When you go to get Strelok's stash in SoC you need to open a door, you find the code on the corpse of a scientist and near that corpse flames pop out of the ground and burn you to death.

I believe that's what user wants to navigate

You're an actual retard
Where is Strelok's stash?

>Health bar
>Blog
>Miseretard

In the Agroprom Underground, beyond a flaming corridor.

>health bar

Are you rusophobe or what?

>it's a "slap a full glove texture over fingerless glove model" episode

Yeah kill yourself subhuman

Racism is bad

I agree

I played both CoC and CoM and the last is better.

CoP is trash though

>blog
Fuck off faggot, at least user's posting about a video game instead of whining.

No dude, that's Lab X-18. It has absolutely nothing to do with Strelok's stash.

Prove it.

I can post whatever the fuck I want and there's nothing you can do about it

Can someone give me a quick rundown on misery 1.0 and 2.0?

I like difficulty and bullshit, but only if it's fun and immersive difficulty and bullshit.

Also, whats the best mod for "I just want to roleplay" besides misery.

Misery is shit in every way, if you want to roleplay I suggest you fucking autist

Guys, I was serious about the new "time travel" mod. There's even an article on PC Gamer.

I tried looking for videos on yt, but they are all in russian. Supposedly, the mod has a whole new story, so if you guys are bored with doing the same shit again again, this might be a thing to look at.

Has anyone tried it yet?

I am currently playing SoC so I can't check out the time travel mod.

Why don't you install it and tell us if it's any good :)