Is the Model 3 by Tesla a good car?

Is the Model 3 by Tesla a good car?

Other urls found in this thread:

ev-cpo.com/hunter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I got the popcorn

no

Does it even matter? It's going to be the next iPhone now that it's "affordable".

its the iphone 5c of the car world

right before they go bankrupt lol

As a Tesla fanboy myself I think Teslas do not belong on Veeky Forums maybe on /g/ but Tesla is for a techfag that likes cars not just car lovers

>"ugh, the tesla model 3 5s is two years old now I can't believe you still drive that thing. Everyone who is cool has the tesla model 3 7+ now."

perhaps /ice/ and /ev/ is in order

aaand this is where the lease meme comes from.

i guarantee you dollars to donuts that Tesla's will be leased like a motherfucker.

Also why do alot of Teslafags here be a dick to people who drive or like ice cars? do they think they are supieror for lliking a car thats electric and they probably can't afford it?

where do the cars go if there are no dealerships to take your lease back?

they are mostly NEET busriders who love tesla because it represents a step towards their fully automated society pipe dream where nobody has to do any work and can just live off gibsmedats and robot labor.

those are 80% trolls and (you)fags, to be honest. It would not be wrong to define me as a teslafag, sure, but I don't actively put down ICE enthusiasts. The problem is the nice tesla fans and the asshole / troll ones get all jumbled up in these threads so it's easy to make generalizations.

the tesla stores. you can search through used teslas here ev-cpo.com/hunter/

USA: New Model S 75 costs $57000
Also a used Model S 60 costs $45000

AUSTRALIA: New Model S costs $120000
Also a used Model S 70 costs $103000

JUST

Ignore alphonse posts about 0-60 etc. I think you will find most reasonable posters here like Tesla for actually making cool EVs and not just failed abortions like every other "green" car.

everything is more expensive in AUS, no? Plus your average salaries are higher or something. It's still dumb that things like digital software is more expensive though

IMO its like destkop users snickering at phone faggots.

The technological superiority is clear and objective so I don't mind.

in six years there are going to be plenty of used EV shitboxes on the market. Just look at used EV prices now. It's gonna be great.

I wouldn't mind a $5k 150mi range small EV hatch.

Yeah Im studying to become a teacher here
Starting salary is 65k and after 5-7 years its around 104k

There really isn't superiority from one side or the other though, what are you on about? They will both take you from A to B the same. Electric is faster from a standing start, but they can't handle sustained performance driving very well yet. Like phone vs desktop, it's just apples to oranges. With a phone, you can post anywhere, anytime, but lack a physical keyboard to type out lengthier, more in depth responses in a timely manner.

Also bugs me that we still don't have a offcial used inventory but Hong Kong does

I'm sure if you email tesla they'd give you a list

It can wait, we only have carsales right now and only around 30 used teslas are there

I bet that lots of new (old) S's are going to pop onto the market soon. Since the TM3 will first be going to current tesla owners, id imagine that lots of them will sell their previous S. just a theory

when would that happen though and how long would it last?

I just hope the Tesla model of direct sales catches on, causing the laws that give dealerships their unfair dominance of the market to be reversed.

It's just a low-end version of the Model S

They're going to have to figure out how to make the batteries cheaper before you have a 5K electric car that runs.

Hell, it'll be more than that with inflation

It'll be a better car than the Model S. Which scares Tesla a little. If too many potential S customers buy the 3 instead. They'll make less money, because the margin is greater on the S.

The S could probably stand to go to a 2nd generation. It is 5 years old and their first car. So it isn't their best work.

Already happened
Check the price of used a nissan leaf in your area

>their first car
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

good luck. the LEAF 1.0 isn't in production anymore.

most of the 11/12 models went to europe after their lease expired. plus 11/12 batteries suck, you don't want those.

13/14s have slightly better batteries, and were made in the USA. you'll find more of them.

15/16/17 have the largest battery that handles heat well.

the roadster is a Lotus with an experimental drivetrain.

I mean, the 3 isn't coming to Aus for a year and a half anyways. So don't bet on any used Ss appearing there soon. As for the US, I'd imagine that in a half year or so more used Ss will pop up. Also with the S refresh coming soon - that'll do it as well

Gigafactory is like 20% done. By the time it's %60 operational or something a kWh of batteries should be well under $300. Right now it's like $400.

Gigafactory is going to double world production of li-ion batteries.

Tesla plans on building another one somewhere in Nevada.

I chuckled during the earning conference when Elon was replying to a question about solid state batteries, saying how if there was some up and coming battery breakthrough they would be all over it considering how tesla is the biggest purchaser of batteries in the world right now.

My father knows a guy who bought a roadster mainly because he wanted to be able to use the carpool lane. Was an interesting fellow.

wrong

wrong

lithium titanate batteries are promising.

200% greater anode surface area than carbon anodes, and the anodes crystaline structure won't change under stress like carbon anodes.

allowing really fast charging with out harming the battery. though battery is not as energy dense or has as much specific energy.

No

>triggerd Roadster owner detected