/pg/ - Persona General

NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/gkd2v
streamable.com/y5xot
streamable.com/iabio
dualshockers.com/persona-5-survey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Makoto x Joker
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Haru x Goro

Daily reminder that this is the optimal pairing in P5

No.

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

>OP false flags that the image limit was hit
Kys ty

What do you mean? The image limit was already hit and so was the bump limit

Morgana's Japanese voice is awful and makes him unlikable. His English voice is better by several orders of magnitude.

Ikue Otani is a fine actress, but she dropped the ball with Morgana.

Kikuno in Ultimax manga!

Ann is for Shiho.

>limit: 750 posts and 250 images
>current: 737 posts and 234 images

Except that's not true in the slightest. She succeeds with flying colors, and does a fucking fantastic job. The English voice on the other hand sounds like a lifeless piece of shit that phones in her performance the entire time, and barely fits the character.
The Japanese voice switches effortlessly from being confidant and excited to anxious and insecure, and absolutely embodies the character from head to toe through all his big scenes. On the other hand, the English VA struggles to convey an ounce of the same emotion, and ranges from sounding bored to sounding like they're trying far too hard to fill the role only to fail.

streamable.com/gkd2v is miles better than the shitstorm Cassandra Lee Morris cooks up.

The Japanese dub is better than the English by lightyears.

>Morgana's Japanese voice is awful and makes him unlikable. His English voice is better by several orders of magnitude.
What a bizarre opinion. I mean, you seem to be fishing for (You)s, so here, have one.

This is not how Morgana should sound. This is a whiny, irritating voice. It's not cute or likable.

>It's not cute or likable.
It is both. The English one on the other hand, is not.

Whenever you find something or someone you don't understand, try looking beyond the surface and changing your perspective.

Fuuka hopes you'll find answers soon

Fuuka is a coward

isn't that kid literally only in like 5 chapters of that comic

>It's not cute or likable.
What a weird hill to die on. Morgana's Japanese VA does a fantastic job. Easily one of the highlights of the entire cast.

God just shut the fuck up

You fucking sicken me because of your shitty obsession with a garbage character

She's not real. Fuuka hopes for nothing because Fuuka's not fucking real. Accept this this is all just a fantasy or grow the fuck up, you piece of garbage.

Yusuke is a sweet baby boy. I want to take care of him but the game won't let me give his broke ass money.

>This is not how Morgana should sound.
It's literally what the developers decided he should sound like. I can't think of a voice more befitting of a cat, especially not one with Morgana's personality. It's so fitting to the point where I wouldn't be surprised to hear the character was written for Otani.
The dub voice barely suits a cat, let alone Morgana; When he meows it sounds outright terrible, and through the rest of the dialogue it is still barely palatable. It's one of the worst performances in the dub.

That's a lie, Fuuka is one of the bravest people in the game, she risked her life for Natsuki and she faced her own mortality when Nyx was coming

NEVERMIND THIS IS THE WORST TIMELINE

Nanako is going to make it out of the hospital, only to die at the hands of these harpies.

fuuka told me to fuck myself and save the world even if it meant absolutely nothing to me

it was very arousing so i'll do it for her

I hope you'll kill yourself soon, you pathetic waste of space.

>This is not how Morgana should sound
you are talking about the dub right?
streamable.com/y5xot
Morgana isn't meant to sound like he's nearly falling asleep during a critical heist, he's meant to sound excited as fuck.

Yukiko is the true culprit. She's just trying to finish what she started.

>being this triggered
wew

thread is off to a good start

It's just a small motivational message user, of course Fuuka hasn't come and said " I wisg /pg/ is safe and well" beccause she can't
But people always do similar things with characters where they say things the characters haven't said, but would probably if they were in a certain situation.
Many people do that, not just me, but for some reason you really dislike mine
I don't remember that

>Whenever you find something or someone you don't understand, try looking beyond the surface and changing your perspective.
>Fuuka hopes you'll find answers soon
You don't speak for Fuuka. You are not Fuuka. Even if there are other Fuukafags in this thread I bet they don't post precisely because of you and your "deep thoughts".

That's a cute Chie.

This scene goes from being outright hilarious in Japanese to being embarrassing to watch in English. Morgana's voice is one of the biggest reasons for that; All enthusiasm is just sucked right out of the character, and the entire act that Morgana puts up falls flat on its face with the shit dub. Not the sole reason, granted, Haru's is another huge contributor, but it is a testament to how poor his English VA is regardless.

>streamable.com/y5xot
If that other guy is not baiting for (You) then I really can't understand his position. Japanese Morgana is superb, even if you don't like any other Japanese VA in this game.

I don't understand how a human being can think this, and I'm starting to think that your mind is so convinced that the Japanese version has to be better that it's actually affecting the way your brain processes sound.

Holy fucking shit, out of all the voices she does, she picks Konohamaru? She does actual animal voices. Chopper's voice is more high pitched and cute sounding, but Morgana doesn't sound like Chopper. Again, she dropped the ball with this performance.

>When he meows it sounds outright terrible
Fuck you, his meow laugh is great.

That right there highlights how much better the dub is with Morgana's voice. One is a boyish character with some confidence. The other is Konohamaru screaming in your ear like your dumb kid brother. Fuck that.

streamable.com/iabio
It really does. It's a huge shame.
They made the subsequent scene where Morgana pours his heart out to the group and apologizes far less impactful too. Otani did a fantastic job with every single line as Morgana, she deserves a god damn medal.

How did you become like this? I don't think it can be a natural phenomenon, because your brain has literally turned day into night. It's not possible for a human being to just happen to have the exact opposite opinion of reality. Something made you this way.

That video shows how the sub voice is bad and the dub voice is good.

JUST FUCK MY IMMORTAL SOUL RIGHT UP SENPAI

>P5 PC port still not announced

Fuck off faggot, you don't know Fuuka because she isn't real. People dislike you because you're an attention-whoring piece of shit that will never contribute anything to this general because you only post your half-baked platitudes whilst pretending you speak for a fictional teenage girl. Just off yourself already so we don't have to go through this every thread.

>I don't understand how a human being can think this, and I'm starting to think that your mind is so convinced that the Japanese version has to be better that it's actually affecting the way your brain processes sound.
You are literally the only one who thinks that (at least in /pg/).

I love Haru!

>Still responding to bait from last thread

I don'w understand what's so upsetting about a simple motivational message.

Again, I know I'm not Fuuka and that she doesn't actually hopes or wishes for /pg/ specifically to be well, but I enjoy thinking of nice things she'd say.

If you really hate it, then hide it or filter it.

I never claimed to speak for Fuuka

>avatarfagging is fine because i'm acting nice

Why don't you do something nice instead of pretending.

WHY IS SHE SO PERFECT? MAKE IT STOP REEEEEEEEEEEEE

What a shame.

What the fuck are you talking about? Morgana sounds closer to Chopper than Konohamaru if anything. To think you have the gall to bring up confidence is laughable, let alone call the far more effeminate English performance more "boyish." Morgana sounds incredibly confident in Japanese, and lacking in the department in English. But - there are points in the game where Morgana drops the confident act and lets his true, more insecure colors show, and these scenes hit so hard because of how well Otani does them. In English there's no change in tone whatsoever, and that's a massive flaw.
I'm convinced that other user is right and you are just baiting at this point.

You'll get your chance. Ganbare, user.

Get a trip so we can filter you, you cancerous cunt.

She's a mary sue, she's written to be perfect. She's the default romance option for the protag too.

It's only avatarfagging if he posts an image every single post.

She's not at all, you just have shit taste so you like whatever the most bland thing is.

>I don'w understand what's so upsetting about a simple motivational message.
You are obviously attention whoring. Not everyone likes that.

I kinda want to replay P4.
Is the Drama club worth checking out?

Oh shit.
Has Dojima gone NUUUUUUUCLEAAAAAR?

>Amount of motivational posts per thread: 1
>Amount of posts angry about that post per thread: A whole lot
I honestly need more motivational messages because this shit is getting depressing.

So now that Joker is free, P5 can do the road trip with friends game it was always meant to be, right?

I don't want attention, I just want to think up small inspirational messages to post once a thread, that's all.
I don't look for replies or for people to acknowledge me, I just want to post nice things.

dualshockers.com/persona-5-survey/
Was this already posted?

Yet you've got nothing to say about the other autists that shit up the thread and flood it with their own waifus? Fuukafag barely posts here anyways, just to respond to retards like you.

Dojima is a loose cannon.

>What the fuck are you talking about?
It is a bait, user. It is one dude posting clearly controversial and unpopular shit to get replies.

Fuck yes.

>I honestly need more motivational messages because this shit is getting depressing
They won't help.

So this is the "i can be your angle or yuor devil" of anti-makotos

>I don't remember that
I was exaggerating Fuuka's vulgarity, but yeah

>Yet you've got nothing to say about the other autists that shit up the thread and flood it with their own waifus?
At least they don't pretend to be something else, you know?

Nobody said makotofag except you

Kanji, why do you have to keep bullying this man? He's done absolutely nothing but be a helpful bro this entire fucking game.

Your messages aren't "nice" or "inspirational", they're generic, trite garbage that don't mean anything.

Futaba is cute.

>They won't help.
It'd be a better use of people's time.
>At least they don't pretend to be something else, you know?
When did we get invaded by "no apache helicopters in Terraria"-tier autists?

Yeah, Adachi did literally nothing wrong.

Oh, I see.
Well, Fuuka's right user, even if you're completely detached from the world, the people around you still want to hold on it dearly.
So get to it!

They mean something to me.

>this post

Ever want to say so many things at once you decide it's best to just bottle it up and say nothing at all

>Morgana sounds incredibly confident in Japanese
No, it sounds shrill and boisterous, like a little kid pretending to know what he's talking about. Morgana's English voice, meanwhile, does sound like a boy's voice, but projects actual authority.

>Morgana drops the confident act and lets his true, more insecure colors show, and these scenes hit so hard because of how well Otani does them
I enjoyed all those scenes in the dub, but would have shot myself in the head before I ever got to them in the sub.

>In English there's no change in tone whatsoever, and that's a massive flaw.
There is, it's just not night and day. the Konohamaru voice she does in the dub is always yelling, so the quieter moments stick out. Meanwhile, the dub voice is more tempered, so the acting is more subtle.

>I'm convinced that other user is right and you are just baiting at this point.
I don't think you're trolling, but I truly and honestly believe your brain is messed up. You are such a zealot in believing the Japanese has to be better that your mind doesn't auditory stimuli the way it actually sounds anymore. It's like having a filter in your brain to protect yourself.

Kill yourself faggot.

>They mean something to me.

You don't matter, the fact that you hold yourself in such high opinion while posting garbage is why you're so unliked.

What's the matter user?
Do you have something against Inaba's finest?

Oh shut the fuck up. I never would have had such a low opinion of /pg/ to think that arguing against Morgana sounding like Konohamaru was controversial. I mean, I thought it would be more controversial to argue against Ann's voice, because

>MUH NANA MIZUKI

But you faggots are so far gone that you can't even accept that Morgana isn't supposed to be shrill-voiced and screaming.

PUNISHED DAD: A MAN DENIED HIS DAUGHTERU

I'm starting to think the only reason people respond to fuuka fag is because of guaranteed (You)s

Ace job detective.

>Bad character
>Bad motivation and backstory
>Good gameplay combat
>Good Persona (Robin Hood and Loki)
>Good Finisher move

How do we fix Akechi Goro?

>Inaba's finest
>always leaks info to a bunch of high schoolers
I know he was just trying his best to be a good detective, but he's pretty shit at it. No wonder everyone hates him.

>NOT leaking info to a bunch of high schoolers
Do you want the cases to be solved or not?

>No wonder everyone hates him
You've been misinformed.

I didn't see anyone claiming otherwise.

>Oh shut the fuck up.
You are the one who needs to shut the fuck up. No one agrees with you or your shitty opinion on Nana Mizuki. Yet you have the balls to tell other people that their brains are somehow "messed up". Yes, it is clearly controversial when you can't find any support for your argument.

>I know he was just trying his best to be a good detective

Is he

He has no way of knowing that those high schoolers aren't the culprits. Leaking info to them was pretty risky.

hee-ho

adachi is the shiho of his workplace

1. Make it less obvious that he's the villain. Have fewer scenes of him talking to Sae.

2. Don't make him a psychopath. That's just dumb.

3. Give him actual scenes with Joker that build up a rivalry/friendship. Not just scenes of him showing up at the train station to ask random questions, but an actual outing where they talk about or do something together.

Everyone knows Yu wouldn't hurt a fly.
Purely because that fly might be a social link.

>it sounds shrill and boisterous
I don't think it sounds remotely shrill. If anything, I'd say that about the English voice because of how much more feminine it sounds, and how much poorer the voice recording quality is in the dub, making it sound shitty whenever someone raises their voice a decent amount.
I do agree that he sounds boisterous, but that's Morgana in a nutshell. Saying he shouldn't sound like that is just a severe misreading of the character.

>like a little kid pretending to know what he's talking about.
This too is exactly what Morgana is. He's meant to sound like he pretends to know more than he actually does. Ending a lot of his sentences with "...γŸγΆγ‚“" as a sort of "I don't really know what I'm talking about" disclaimer. The group even bags on him for this a few times. So you're really bagging on the English voice for not fulfilling these properties at this point.

>Morgana's English voice, meanwhile, does sound like a boy's voice, but projects actual authority.
No to both. He sounds far more effeminite in English, and much less confident - in both the fake confidence and actual confidence scene. There's a strong discrepancy between what he's saying and how he's saying it because of this.

>There is, it's just not night and day. the Konohamaru voice she does in the dub is always yelling, so the quieter moments stick out.
That's not it at all though. He only yells during high-octane moments, where the whole group is yelling. The rest of the time he projects enthusiasm, but without being obnoxious about it. Again, he sounds nothing like Konohamaru, stop this charade.
>Meanwhile, the dub voice is more tempered, so the acting is more subtle.
No, it's just worse. The direction is likely the fault here, but there is no difference in tone. I'm not the first to point this out.

>arguing against Morgana sounding like Konohamaru was controversial.
You are the only one trying to convince others that Japanese Morgana is somehow shit. So yeah, it is at the very least an unpopular opinion.

>Don't make him a psychopath. That's just dumb.

Literally his only redeeming quality. Backing off him being a psychopathic monster hurt him more than anything.

He'd be more sympathetic if they showed just how far gone he really was rather than that bullshit "we understand you" scene. Trying to show his motives as being understandable or sympathetic is ridiculous.

The tragedy should be that nobody could save him even if he did have the perfect life he built up in his mind because he's a broken person.

Morgana was basically Edea, so of course I loved it.