New Pickup Truck

I have to buy a new pickup truck within the next 6 months. What should I get? My budget is 35,000-45,000 USD. Here are the features I would like in order of importance:
>Reliable
>4wd
>Manual
>Long bed
>crew cab
>v8
None of these features are necessary per se, but they are preferred

probably going to have a rough time finding all that.

in my humble opinion over the course of my lifetime ford has made a very reliable pickup, but you can't buy a full sized one with a manual anymore.

i know ram offers such a creature, but i've shied away from such a brand. chevy has made good trucks in the past, but wouldn't buy anything now from them now.

bottom line give up the manual, and grab a ford or toyota.

>manual full size truck
those haven't been made in the last 10 years at least.

what do you haul? why do you need a truck?

Manual doesn't really exist anymore.

Long bed and crew cab I don't think exist. Best you can do is long bed extended cab.

Anyway, choices are
>Nissan Titan
Too bad it's a Nissan
>Toyota Tundra
Bretty good truck honestly
>Silverado/ Sierra
Also good
>Ford
Also good, probably
>Ram
Lol no

So, I would look at the Ford, Cheby and Toyota. See what you like best. I have a newish Tundra and a new GMC Sierra 2500, few complaints about either. I test drove some Fords and I thought they lacked refinement amd needed to step up their offering but they're obviously very popular.

I dont need a full size necessarily, just enough to haul a couple of dirt bikes in the bed

too bad they dont sell these in the US

get a taco

or wait until the ranger comes back

if you're willing to get a mid-size truck I'd get a tacoma

Fuck that noise get a Tundra

it looks too ugly m8. It looks like a jelly bean f150 with downs syndrome

I would kill for one of these in LHD
Yeah I think I might get the trd off road with a 6spd manual. The only thing is that it comes in short bed only, will I regret not getting the long bed?

Manuals are crap in pickup trucks IMO, and is one of the reasons they've been completely phased out. Get an automatic.

And as generic as this is, get a Used high-trim low mileage Ford F-150 or Silverado 1500. My F-150 has the 6.2 V8 with 77k and has given me zero issues. It will pass anything but a gas station. If you cannot find a F150 with the 6.2 (they're pretty rare), then the 5.0 is a great option. If you're not a Ford guy then the Silverado twins are another great option. The 5.3 and their 6.2 are proven motors as well.

I would lean away from a 3/4 truck unless you REALLY need it.

I have to buy a brand new truck as part of the condition of me getting the money I need to purchase it so used is out of the question unfortunately

i still drive my old square body f150 with 3 on the tree. it's fine.

it's a truck and the vehicle will act like a truck. that is all that has to be understood while driving a manual truck.

>me getting the money I need to purchase it
Stop buying shit you can't afford.

I can afford it because I have a job, but my grandparents are giving me 8 grand to buy a car as a graduation gift and they want me to give my 96 miata to my little brother

>replacing a miata with a truck
whyyy

Because utility

lol it looks like a retarded asian boy with down syndrome

>go to your dealorships
>test drive a few in your budget
>check out the top 3 options that feel good online
>look for typical points of failure and a "fair" market price for those pickups

What kind of pickup can I get:
>under $2500
>reliable
>rwd or 4wd
>automatic
>V8
>no jap crap

A new Ram meets all your specs, including the manual. But you have to go 2500 to get an 8 foot bed with a crew cab

rust

>here have 8 grand but you can only have it if you promise to use it to go another 30 grand in debt

I already have 22 grand in the bank and I earn 4.5 gs a month while living at home so i can afford it