/scg/edg/ Star Elite: Citizen Dangerous General #163

Give us more money for no reason edition

>ED info:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroots are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace and giving out complementary rectal probings, it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible, or just go with it if that's your thing, I ain't tellin you how to live. Apparently the Ayylmaos are rumbling again, inquire within if this means goddamned thing or if its just Braben trying to scare up some more money.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

3.0 Scheduled for release on or about June 29th make that July 12th, stand by for further delays in two weeks.
>FAQ (updated)
pastebin.com/nKiNTgsY
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HePyhPdd4Xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for greedy kikes

I am glad that the spectrum forums are not taking this piece of crap excuse like blinded cultists, at least not all of them, anyways

ayy I was just saltily making a new one for like the fifth time in a row.
thanks user.

Assuming that the new ship is roughly 30-40m wide and similarly long and it's supposed to be an alternative to the Retaliator (less/smaller torpedos but it has pilot controlled guns instead), would it even be good in theory?
Also if that picture is any indication it doesn't have a silly top-mounted turret, that's a plus in my book.

I need my space awacs.

I hate cig drones more every day.
They are actually vigorously defending this CCU bullshit.

Strange, I thought spectrum was full reddit, but there is a big cut of them throwing shit at CiG. There is still hope.

Until the threads get locked and those users get banned because spectrum is an official forum, under direct control of the developers and thus criticism will not be tolerated.

Are the same mods still in charge?

you tell me I never used RSI or paid attention to its mod staff because official forums are literally always a shitty hugbox devoid of free thought.

We need more funny shops in the OP, this is just bland.

Inb4 it's a bathtub that pops up on its back. And there's plenty of space under the ship.

That image is such a guesstimate, and need I remind you that the original Vanguard concept had a turret that folded flush into the hull

Last time an user tried to estimate the Hurricane size and that turned out to be correct.
But then again, the image back then actually had something to work with instead of pure speculation.

>copy/pasta
To me they already planned a certain balance.
But they are now fearing that player will just exchange their ship for the "best" one once the stats are finale and the ship flyable

They wanted diversity at launch but are starting to see that some will minmax to get the most for their moneys.
They never had a chance, players will always bitch about their ship not being OP

After however many years you've used the internet, how have you not learned that any forum moderator on any forum is a piece of power-hungry shit who has no friends or relevance in real life and wields an iron fucking fist online?

Not sure if Spectrum mods do it for free but I wouldn't be surprised.

What, so they 'fix' it by getting more money? How does that balance anything?

>CIG are racist
>CIG bans people who use racist slurs
which is it goons

Remember this trainwreck last year?

I still can't believe that someone actually made a 3d model, albeit a shitty one, for a elaborate troll.

Well firstly one of the images of the B-21 isn't even a B-21, its an X-47B, an unmanned drone a fraction of the size. So that triggers me.

But yes, the vanguard being the same shape doesn't mean its the same size at all.

>implying CIG is one man.
>implying a man couldn't be racist, yet get triggered when his holy Nihon land is offended.
You... you cultist!

>user's carefully constructed bait from last thread is actually the second most upboated comment in the thread
Color me surprised.

>y-you're entitled to nothing
I hate this community so much

Entitlement mentality is a cancer in most areas of modern life, but not when you have actually paid for something. What is the perception of this entitlement mentality based on? We paid for this shit. If there were no backers, there would be no CIG. I try to be reasonable and see all sides of an issue, but this looks like straight up astroturfing. This has to be more than simple delusion. I could accept trolling over people thinking they owe CIG for anything.

New DtEA video about getting Fed rank.

youtu.be/HePyhPdd4Xo

tl;dr Take your big passenger ship to Sothis and run passengers and Boom delivery for quick Fed rank.

Is everyone ready for Hornet tears, now that the Gladius is getting at least 2 x S3 in 3.0?

It's still way undergunned compared to a Bucc. I'm not sure about tears, but Gladys will be slightly less useless.

>now that the Gladius is getting at least 2 x S3 in 3.0?

Oh you wish

>agile
>fast
>great visibility
>looks cool
>packs a punch
best ship

Are there any other creators like this guy? His videos are short and to the point. He very rarely uses vocalized pauses and he appears to be pretty well prepared.

>great visibility
It's as ok as some other ships
>looks cool
Subjective, but you do you.
>everything else
No.

Watch this week's ATV at about 5 min. Gladius weapon mounts are getting moved around, and the wing guns in the video are gimballed size 2 repeaters.

S1s, babe.

Nope, clearly S2. Look specifically at the rings around each barrel, how thick they are and how far up they are. If you load up SC with an S1 and an S2 you can see a big difference, and the one in the video is clearly the S2.

The S1 has very thin rings that are quite far up, the S2 has thicker rings and the barrel after the rings is much longer.

With 3 x S3 it would actually be worth comparing the Gladius and the Buccaneer. Right now it's languishing in the same DPS tier as the LN and 300 series.

Putting S3s on the wings but leaving the S2 on the nose make no sense. They would either all be S3 or the nose would be S3. They aren't going to make the nose S3 because it already has a ship specific gun.

Gladius is really the starter fighter and is only a small step up from an Aurora LN, if you ignore the downgrade from loss of cargo. My money is on it being the reward for completing SQ42.

Eh.

Bit of a stupid change if it was true. Flying around a Gladius with two GT-220s or S3 ballistics.

Unless the Aurora rework really fucks up the damage model / hitboxes / flight profile of the Aurora LN, I would even argue that the Gladius isn't a step up from it at all.

Aurora LN definitely the best value ship.

The dumb thing about the 2.6.3 meta is, the Gladius and 300 series pack a serious punch monoboating NN-14s. If you are a good shot, you can wreck face. Who knows if the neutron cannons will still be good later, but they are reliable and accurate now.

I bought one to CCU to a Dfly so I didn't have to have a Merlin loaner. I wound up buying a Dfly outright in the last sale so I didn't have to give up the LN because I liked it so much.

>Putting S3s on the wings but leaving the S2 on the nose make no sense.
It would be strange, but there's no rule that says they can't.

>They would either all be S3 or the nose would be S3.
My money is on 3 x S3.

>They aren't going to make the nose S3 because it already has a ship specific gun.
The ship-specific guns on the Gladius and Avenger were only ever temporary, because fixed guns of one size up looked stupid on the small ships. Most of the existing guns will be getting remodelled for the new component system. In this week's ATV it looks like the Gladius nose gun has been made longer, and has lost the huge ball at the back. Personally, I think that the gun has been slimmed down because it is now S2 on a gimbal puck, in a normal S3 mount.

The first Gladius on the leaderboard is #41, and he isn't using Neutron cannons.

Second is at #50, and again isn't using Neutron cannons.

Third is #64, and isn't using Neutron cannons.

Isn't a single 300i in the top 100, and we're into meme loadouts and shitters now. Even an x85 in the top 50.

So no, Sabres/Hornets are the meta.

There is PvE also. Nobody gives a shit about what works in AC, because that's not a real game scenario. I'm talking about how to maximize the damage output from the guns, not AC missile spam.
>Combat specific ships do really well in a combat specific scenario.
stunning deduction Watson.

>PvE

lmao

No, what people really don't give a shit about is Vandildos lazily flying about with a fraction of the health they'll have in game.

>Gladius
>Not a combat specific ship

tfw no orion

>using leaderboard of a missile spam game to debunk argument about guns.

I gave up on VS and use waves 1-3 of PS to benchmark loadouts now. The number of hits to take a ship out are more consistent, and I'm only testing damage. Compared to every other ship I've tested, Gladius is barely as good as a 325a and is not in the same tier as Hornets, Sabres, and Buccs. Gladius is a combat ship like a Toyota technical is a combat vehicle.

Hope you realize that it shows you which weapons did the most damage on the leaderboard. It isn't missiles.

>Gladius is a technical

The fuck are you smoking

>Oh shit I said something stupid about the gladius not being a combat ship
>better move the goalposts entirely to some vauge bullshit about a real world counterpart that makes no sense

maximum damage from the hardpoints =/= most effective loadout for a playstyle.
You aren't even arguing the same thing. I don't give a fuck what is on the leaderboard at this moment. I care how many shots does it take to kill an NPC and how does that compare to other loadouts on the same ship. That's all I was pointing out. Obviously aiming one shot hits is much harder than practically anything else, but I'm not talking about difficulty, only output.

>Gladius is a combat ship like a Hornet is a combat ship
That makes about as much sense.

Then learn what the term "meta" is you fucknut

The Gladius used to wreck Hornets, so what you're saying makes zero sense.

No, you're right. It's not a technical. It's a Camaro with guns.
>Civilian tier armor
>Civilian tier shields
>Civilian starter tier off the shelf guns
>Vaguely shaped like an out of date fighter
>muh cumbat ship
Right.

Auroras used to wreck Hornets. So what?

The Gladius used to be the top-tier ship before they destroyed the flight model and its thrusters.

Have you ever played this game before?

Nigga, I've been here since the hangar module was new. I've been farming Gladius' tears for a long long time now.

Yeah all those tears of them wrecking face for patch after patch, I'm sure they were really crying

No but they get super fucking triggered if they catch any rumor that they might get nerfed further into irrelevance.

God, the ORG bios some people write, holy shit. And I thought fanfics were autistic.

Doesn't "sightseeing" also increases Exploration rank quite a bit for a tiny distance it takes?

Yeah, that's pretty good.

>Putting S3s on the wings but leaving the S2 on the nose make no sense
Why would a nose gun never be smaller than pylon gun, a few aircraft had gun pod like that.

The nose gun have better gimbal, it can be practical for other reasons.

The only ship that has smaller guns on the nose is the Vanguard, and it has 4 S1s to make up for it. In SC, wings can be shot off, so you keep the most powerful gun on the ship. Hornets, 300 series, and Bucc are all set up this way. It would be odd for the Gladius to have 2 S3 guns that can be shot off, leaving it with only an S2.

>when you can't tell satire from actual backers any more

>Doesn't "sightseeing" also increases Exploration rank quite a bit for a tiny distance it takes?
It would seem that way. Sothis and Ceos are kind of unique for Fed systems, the passenger missions combined with the Boom missions is what is new.

If I were the tinfoil hat wearing type of person, it would appear to me that it is chat bots arguing with astroturfers.

And now I have ten pages of possible $0 CCUs to and from every hull I own or could buy back.

More info on the Eclipse.

b-but the cutlass ended up being wayy bigger after its rework, and more powerful! They'll do the same with the retaliator r-right?

Top left image is an X47B, not the B-21.

Just because you can line up the Vanguard concept on top of the silhouette, doesn't make the cockpit or scale the same size, invalidating the use of a human for scale

And they make every Tali owner pay additional 5$

genius

as if their tears and suffer werent enough all these years

When will we get more ships in ED? SC has about as many ships and it's not even a game.

When will the tevarin be playable?

Yeah exactly. No game, only ships. They need to put more focus on the fucking game.

Still nothing illogical in putting a handy turrets on the nose, who say this turret can't be specialized anti-shield so you drain them faster by having better aims?
If we followed your logic every fighters would have the same guns, same shapes (+all on the body), and follow a vertical progression. As a side note, wings are less likely to be shot of than the center of mass. Frankly you should complain about less silly stuff

Finally managed to a rate my cobra 3. Where do I go from here?

That really depends on what you want to do

>Frankly you should complain about less silly stuff

lol, when will the humans be playable? I'm sick of the babyface bald clone army

>cgi
>creative
-
>scammedShitizenfags
>Knowledgeable

I hate this timeline, everything is just so wrong.

I'm trying to parse this post but it escapes me

why not /scedg/ instead of /Scg/edg/

We aren't getting separate generals any time soon and even once both games are 'done' I still enjoy talking about them both as they're so related.

Is anyone else buying an eclipse

I was actually hoping Hellion would get updated enough to talk about. I play it too.

Ah look at this gentleman, sleeping.

Clearly healthy minded, what with him keeping his muscles contracted like a vice!

Depends what it actually ends up being.

Depending on what it is I might melt my Hurricane and Cutlass for one. But only if it turns out to be either a gunboat or a bomber without a million turrets and less torpedos, but some pilot-controlled guns instead.

So people looking for either can find the thread. It's common fucking courtesy.

What is it about this game that compels people to count others' money?

I absolutely do not give a fuck how much CIG increases prices or what extra fees they collect. i got my entry pack, and I'm all set. I cannot conceive the reason for all the shitstorm people are raising over buyable ships, it's just bizarre to me. Like, if some rich or retarded people want to waste their money and fatten up the development budget, why would you mind?

>Tali owner
>not CCU away from that ship all this time

It's their own damn fault.

>I absolutely do not give a fuck how much CIG increases prices or what extra fees they collect.

Good goy!

It seems like stealth carrier based bomber is a safe bet, which is a shame because that means its basically going to be useless

But I love the B2 and I'd love a re purposed exploration ship version or something would be nice, though we've seen how well the retaliator's modularity has worked out so far.

You know why I don't give a fuck? Because I'm not buying shit from them beyond that initial $45 starter pack that has everything I need.

Not very goy if he isnt giving anymore money.

Know your memes

Guess at best, really.

Good for you! Shame you're incapable of understanding how people might act differently, user.

aegis as far as we know only makes military planes and this is more or less confirmed a military plane

They have fighter, Heavy fighter, stealth fighter

They have Bomber, Fighter bomber, ???

It stands to reason, I can't really think of what other niche the thing could fill

I hope it's not, honestly, the things I don't want

1. A bomber
2. Another personnel carrier
3. Another fighter

Gladiator is Anvil, user.

Did you know the B-21 is also meant to be a smaller, more versatile and cheaper B-2?

Aegis Fighter bomber. :^)