Why are cars assumed as inherently masculine things, Veeky Forums...

Why are cars assumed as inherently masculine things, Veeky Forums? I'm not trying to be a /pol/tard here and lashing out at the "muh SJWs" strawman but it really bothers me that so many people associate having an enthusiasm for wheeled machines as some expression of sexuality. Does anyone even see their car as a form of masculitiny? Isn't it just a machine with intrinsic value derived from its engineering or aesthetics or or what not?

Please discuss, I'm tired of being labelled as a macho exhibitionist for wanting a mildly cool sports car like a 944 or an RX7 ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cmg4fV5mAKs
fixthisnation.com/conservative-breaking-news/doctor-male-hillary-supporters-might-have-low-testosterone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Normalfags are retarded and take anything good out of something and dilute it to the most boring things possible. Like cars and racing? Normalfags do it to be fuckboys and look rich, and people think you do too because they can't imagine something alternative.

They are inherently masculine things, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. People who are scared of masculity tend to be weak, queers and women who cry Wolf but then drop on their knees take the full knot.

Let me say this again, the only people who hate masculity, are those who cannot achieve it.

How the fuck is a mechanical contraption primarily conceived for transportation somehow a masculine thing? Please teach us, alpha-male-senpai.

The balls add a counterweight pendulum effect to balance the car better.

Never make the mistake to believe humans, any kind, is separate from their biological impulses and needs. There is no such thing as real robots. Driving and cars offer a path of expression of masculinity, of youth, of skill. All of this allows to show off good biological function, it shows you are capable of things to both your male counterparts, and posible female partners.

All, at the same time the car offers the rider a sense of control over the machine, a sense of dominance, a confidence boost. Specially if you drive manually (big reason everyone thinks autotragics are queers).

To drive is to dominate, to conquer. Man over machine, as it used to be man over animal (horse riding). It's by itself, an expression of the male sex.

This is scientifically proven as a fact, actually. Only the massive balls of a genetically superior alpha Chad are capable of actually providing a 50/50 weight distribution, otherwise the car is rendered undrivable.

That's just nonsense, any woman that has an enthusiasm for cars can also express the exact same "youth", "skill" and "control over the machine" whilst having no implications on her gender. Even if there's some form of biological function attached to driving a car (which there isn't, but lets assume so) the very idea that we must act according to our impulses is a silly naturalist fallacy. If we're just supposed to live off irrational biological impulses then we would never reach the society that allows us to conceive a car in the first place.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that when we talk about the control of man over a beast or a machine, we're talking about "man" in an anthropological sense, as in reference to mankind and its achievements, not literally to man as a highly masculine supplement-fueled heterosexual male.

If your proposition were true (which is not) then we would see an equal distribution of gender when it comes to profesional Racing, or any other sport.

Biological impulses are not irrational, and you are not your thoughts alone. No one is. The effects hormones and brain wiring have over us in undeniable. I am willing to bet, the reason women drive cars and how they driven them due to that, very much different to males.

>highly masculine supplement-fueled heterosexual male.

That's exactly what I mean, and it reflects in history. All mayor achivements have been done by men, and vew few women outliers.

>. If we're just supposed to live off irrational biological impulses then we would never reach the society that allows us to conceive a car in the first place.
Read some history, you'll see many great achievements were forged through basic impulses, such as competitiveness, anger, fear..etc.
You are not your thoughts alone.

>All mayor achivements have been done by men, and vew few women outliers.
that uh has a lot more to do with social structure being forced by necessity of needing women to stay alive in order to pump out babies to keep the population going and so men can either die like a puss boy or end up being a grand hero but women are important in a very different way thus they weren't allowed that same social freedom
things make a lot more sense when you stop and think about it

>things make a lot more sense when you stop and think about it

Yes, and you certainly need to be doing a lot of stopping.

Societies don't come up to force things, biology comes in first, which dictates how societies are run. There's no magical patriarchy floating in the sky forcing anyone to do anything, much less in today's society.

What's more, in you actually bothered to look up which Jobs which genders partake in in the most liberal societies, where there's neither a societal nor governamental pressure for women or men to go into specific careers, you'll find that those countries show the widest gap between males and females, most of the female sex going into nursery and Jobs that deal witht taking care of people, and men going into Jobs such as engineering.

Logically, the less pressure there is from a society (like feminists trying to make housewives unethical, a masculine men a disease), for people to adhere to a certain role, the more our biological impulses are implified and expressed in a society.

That is why the most liberal societies, show the widest gap. Men are Women, are different.

>Societies don't come up to force things
i never said that, i described an inherent need that forced society to be the way it was
i'm not saying biology is completely unimportant, but to act as if there is nothing else leading to gender differences is frankly ridiculous
liberal society is filled with ideology of all sorts, people have pressure to do plenty of things that don't make sense from a biological, survival perspective, there will never be a society free from such things, we are effected by things we cannot control and biology is relatively low on the list

>biology

Absolutely wrong, Biology is Paramount to everything. Your thoughts don't appear out of the nether by magical forces, nor are the thoughts and biases of other people that run in society anything but an expression of our core impulses.

You are extremely erroneous in believing impulses are irrational. There's nothing more true to human nature than our impulses. Do not make the mistake to think my words are somehow an excuse for bad decisiĆ³n making, or an implication that we should all live dictate by our impulses without thinking about the consequences, but don't you dare think either that those are not ruled by biology too.

Everything is.

First step of emancipation is top stop caring what others think of you.

>Logically, the less pressure there is from a society for people to adhere to a certain role, the more our biological impulses are implified and expressed in a society.
>That is why the most liberal societies, show the widest gap. Men are Women, are different.
[citation needed]

If you enjoy the car, who cares what others think?

I think you need to check your privilege and ride the bus, OP

Because women are too stupid to drive them and fags never care about cars and always drive Priuses or some other gay shit

Primitive ape-like posturing.
Just like gorillas thump their chests,
the lower class proletarian revs his engine
>VROOM VROOM
>I'm such a man, just listen how much noise I make!

>be gay faggot
>do sikk skidz in v8 powered shitboxes with little to no safety features

generally car's are an extension of their owner, hence why some cars show masculinity.

a car thats just a little hatchback or commuter sedan is not masculine because its just a car. its nothing and represents nothing more than convenience.

sports cars are masculine because they represent racing cars, which are inherently dangerous, with no purpose other than to be the quickest and provide thrills. Since dangerous behaviour is usually conducted by men, it is considered a manly activity.

Similarly, driving a truck can be seen as masculine, not because it is 'dangerous', but because trucks are stereotypically owned by tradesmen or farmers; both jobs which require a male to be fit and endure hard physical work, more attributes which are seen as masculine.

At the end of the day, it really just depends how you portray yourself. If you drive a sports car and actively draw attention to yourself whilst doing so, through racing on streets, driving an extremely loud car or painting it bright colours, you are being an exhibitionist, and thus, people assume that your passion within the car is an extension of your own values of wanting to be masculine, hence they label you a macho exhibitionist.

go away Chad

Because people buying cars are erectile dysfunction middle aged men.

Cars used to be beautiful, now they just look angry and like they want to poop bad.

because most women don't have real hobbies, they are social creatures that just follow the major trends. If tomorrow cars were the next fashion, women would love them. But of course, this is just generalization, there are hardcore female autists who are obsessed with their hobbies, even more than your regular male, but they are the excpetion and not the rule.

Stop caring what people think about your hobby. They only think of fast cars as penis compensators. They will never understand that driving is fun for some people.

>If we're just supposed to live off irrational biological impulses then we would never reach the society that allows us to conceive a car in the first place.

Most important men along history just wanted to be rich, powerful and respected to get pussy. The ones that didn't seek the pussy, were just autists with ridiculously high IQ that didn't give a shit about biological impulses.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Cmg4fV5mAKs

Watch this video fully, or skip to minute 5. You'll find the name of a study you can use as a citation. I cannot find it myself, nor am I bothered enough.

Found the 5'4'' manlet with glasses that wants communist because he's too weak to get anything by himself.

> were just autists with ridiculously high IQ

Even Einstein had children and liked women, he just sucked ass dealing with them

Yeah, Miatas will do that to you.

>women are interested in people
>men are interested in things
it's really that simple
your genes are wired so that seeing a woman interested in things or a man interested in people is weird

There are still plenty of intellectuals that lived in quietness and misery without shedding a single hormone though.

How's lifting doing for you, brah?

Absolutely great, more sales, more pussy, better health and mood.

None of those were happy at all with their lives, but such bright people almost never are anyhow. It might serve humanity better that they are not, either.

BECAUSE MEN ARE MORE LIKELY TO WRENCH ON A CAR THAN A WOMEN

STOP BRINGING IN YOUR PSUEDO INTELLECT, MUH "JUST A MACHINE".

Sort yourself out, before life does.

It's really simple, men had to fix cars. When a woman has a problem, she can ask a man to fix it. When a man has a problem he has to fix it. Who will if he won't?

This, pretty much. "Clever" liberals can reverse anything by suggesting it's the culture that influences the gender disparity when in fact most of the time it's the opposite. Probably there will eventually be a clear way to demonstrate this.

>There are people out there that genuinely think there are no biologically fueled, behavioral differences between the genders.
Wow lad, imagine living with that much delusion.

When cars were invented, women never worked on them or maintained them, and it just stuck

>>we would see an equal distribution of gender when it comes to profesional Racing, or any other sport.
lol cause circumstances and historical context are irrelevant I guess

your logic is shit. if applied to all sorts of other situations it would demonstrate your ridiculousness.

>"There's no reason to bring cars into gender discussions, they're just pieces of machinery that exist independently of sexuality"
>HAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS PSEUDO INTELECTUAL LIBTURD TRYNA SOUND SMARTER THAN US AMIRITE XD
Holy fuck.

>your logic is shit. if applied to all sorts of other situations it would demonstrate your ridiculousness.

Oh really? Go ahead. Show us.

>No arguments
>Just outrage

They're not, OP.

I know, right? Those two posts he was replying to really have no argument going for them other than manlet outrage and dog whistles.

>Men naming their vehicles with women names

They are, user. Even fighter pilots do that with their planes.

There are many arguments in this thread, I am yet to see one from you.

Dude, your only argument boils down to saying that cars are masculine things because cars are primarily engineered by men. Do you really need a counter-argument to that piece of stupidity? It's like saying studying radiation and nuclear energy is feminine because of Marie Curie.

>hahaha people arent replying to my one line arguments founded on naturalistc fallacies guess i win this one

That's not what I said at all, maybe you need some better reading comprehension.

Not an argument.

Aw shit son, is that a motherfucking picture of the Farnese Hercules statue? Here I was thinking your posts were dumb and shallow but that really glorifies your ego to a whole new level I can't even argue with.

Saying your arguments are a naturalist fallacy is a pretty fair counter-argument desu.

It's not, because my arguments were not a naturalism fallacy.

>I can post smug pictures with shitty one liners, but if others do it, they are egocentric assholes

Hey, it's the double standard liberal trademark.
Anyhow, I'll give you some time to come up with a decent argument while I go out and be productive. See you later, manlets.

>makes dozens of posts about how driving a car is an expression of muh biological impuses (try F3ing to see how much you've been buzzwording "biological" and "impulses" throughout this thread), implying that we must act according to our nature rather than perhaps trying to overcome gender disparities as any civilized western society has been striving to do for the past century or so
>"my arguments were not a naturalism fallacy"
Do you even know what a "naturalism" fallacy is, user?

Real men can drive anything.
They don't have to compensate or whore for attention.

I know what a naturalism fallacy is, the issue is that naturalism is not actually a fallacy, and it comes from the believe one is only their thoughts, when in fact one does not even control the kind of thoughts that appear in their minds, but rather act on them or not, depending on how biologically prepared they are to do so, and their experiences in life. Aka, if your frontal cortex is genetically inferior or damaged, you will have a lesser capacity to make decisions or none at all.

>trying to overcome gender disparities

Such as more women more women as garbage women, miners or highly risky construction work?

Behavioral differences in men and women are clearly observable and documented both in humans and other mammals, if you think both genders are blank slates where thoughts and ideologies alone can dictate everything about them, you would be wrong.

I want liberal gayboys and trannies to leave

Cars were made by men to get shit done, then some other men came along and thought they were pretty fun to go fast in, and thus cars became a manly thing. then first wave feminism happened and women started getting cars marketed/designed for them. both parties like their cars and enjoy automobile culture. Most men like their sportscars and most women like their practical family commuting boxes.

As for women liking sportscars or rather women into enthusiast car culture...I know 2 women who are car "enthusiasts" the first one really likes cars, good taste and wants to modify cars to fit her personality and thus express herself... or whatever. Only she still doesn't have a drivers license and she got fired from a car mechanic traineeship because she was too "girly", by that i don't mean she had too big tits but she had a pocket mirror and adjusted her hair/makeup while at work in a fucking garage, she still wonders why she got fired and is still jobless, also her boyfriend drives an old used Audi s-line. The second one likes mechanical things and is interested in how car internals work. she has a traineeship at a VW dealership and feels shes being mistreated because she's a woman but she doesn't understand that as a trainee she will have to shovel shit before cleaning cars before watching over the shoulder of her trainer before working on cars just like i did in my first year working as a trainee.

tl;dr women want to achieve what men achieved without the work all while keeping the benefits of having a pair of tits and a vagina

this is my experience with women and cars and i'm sure there are well educated nonbrainwashed women out there being proper car enthusiasts but so far i have met none. also the 2 girls that were in the mechanic courses i'm in dropped out after a month(2 women out of 60 participants)

muh muscle car
muh lifted truck

I enjoy neither. Go catch some AIDS, fagtron

>How the fuck is a mechanical contraption primarily conceived for transportation somehow a masculine thing?
Think a about what a typical car is in a little more depth.

A traditional automobile is a device that turns explosions into transportation. A chemical reaction that is generally characterized by chaos and entropy is harnessed into something useful and controlled.

Sounds pretty masculine to me.

voices his personal opinion
gayboy trannie femishit femmel turns to insults for lack of gray matter

YOU GO GIRL!!!

The real answer is testosterone. Beings with increased levels of it are more aggressive, take more risks, seek power, and are competitive. Men have lots of test. They compete with other men for status, cars are a way men compete. You'll see this in literally every male dominated hobby. Girls can like cars too sure. But if you're wondering why men are very hierarchy oriented it's because competitive drive because test because biology. Before we had cars or really an economy, we would just physically fight each other or kill one another. So be glad it's not like that anymore.

-Evo psych enthusiast

nice pseudoscience

Chess is a male dominated hobby but I don't see them slamming the pieces extra hard to express their masculinity.

I agree, I have similar experiences with women in the work place. I've had a woman as a boss once too, and she was a manipulative person who scammed clients and always send other people to deal with the problems she made. She had no understanding for honesty, professionalism and respect and it boiled my blood to see clients being mistreated.

Glad I don't work for that person anymore. I now run my own business and deal fairly, for much better pay.

>Testosterone is just about slamming things around
>What is drive
>What is competition

Liberals got btfo, lol

>Implying chess isn't about dominating the battlefield in a strategical level

Biological impulses are entirely rational, and possibly the only rational thing we know.

If it were not optimal, you wouldn't have that trait, unless it's some new mutation that fucks you over like down syndrome.

Retarded tranny detected

back to

fuck off samefag, your point doesn't sound better by you constantly repeating it.

It wasn't me you fucking retard.

>t. anally prolapsed, smart 4 feet tall liberal who loves cartoons and Hairy Potter

Cars and bikes even more so have always been a masculine thing
Only recently women have started to express interest in them, out of necessity or only to attract mates

You should read some futurism, they were madly in love with the automobile

It's the same shit with gaming, it always was a masculine thing, it is only after gaming got big enough and social events with big names and rich people started happening, that women wanted a piece of the action too.

>masculine

But user sports cars are slender with big hips, obviously they are girls.

And who are ''girls'' going to attract, but males?

>Some fucking retarded tranny that got blacked in jail for drug trafficking is also a liberal that thinks genders are not real

Go figure

You know, the dichotomy here is bizarre when you really think about it.

>automotive enthusiasm is overtly masculine
>cars are described by enthusiasts as being overtly feminine
>men who are auto enthusiasts tend to treat their cars with unyielding respect and adoration

Basically, car culture is a throw back to 1950s values where a man would treat a woman like a queen. People on the outside look at her like she's his property, but it's the woman that creates stability within the confines of the environment.

Some Freudian shit in all of this.

Cars are just better women when you think about it. You can call them fat and they don't complain, and you don't have to convince them to diet, you just rip out excess weight. You can modify the inside to grip you tighter, and even give them wider hips or a prettier face.

Now we just need an electric pussy you can connect to the car so it masturbates you, the higher you rev the engine.

>dorito power

Not at all masculine if you ask me. My father is a mechanic so I was introduced to working on cars at a young age, and despite being a girl I like having nice cars to be able to work on myself. It kinda pisses me off especially when other women say it's a guy thing. Cars are a hobby anyone can enjoy.

>freevalve power

>liberal
What are you even talking about?

It attracted pic related for me, a hot lesbian. ;)

I think its just because the average American female doesn't like getting grimy and doesn't have the strength to turn a wrench on a rusty bolt without pneumatic tools

That woman looks like she's been through some serious shit in her past, no way she's mentally stable if she's attracted a manly looking tranny.

>despite being a girl

>everyone I don't like is an arbitrary stereotype

Y-you too

There's actually studies done about it, though. People with lower testosterone levels and lesser height tend to lean more liberal, due to feeling less prepared to achieve things in life by themselves, without the government taking care of them, like neets sucking off their parents.

>fixthisnation.com/conservative-breaking-news/doctor-male-hillary-supporters-might-have-low-testosterone/

Testosterone makes men more mechanically inclined than women on average, so they tend to be more interested in cars. If lots of men care about something that women don't care about as much, society will start to associate that thing with masculinity. Happens with lots of things - cars, sports, computers, video games, etc.

I beg to differ, tripfaggot. Women don't have an interest in cars, on average, because it's a fucking money pit. No matter how much work you do on 98% of cars, the sum of the parts will be worth less than the whole of the vehicle.

Men, generally speaking, look at things like cars as an investment of character. They put the work into keeping an old car going because that car then becomes part of their legacy.

Freshman level psychology will tell you that women are much less interested in inanimate legacy such as that. They'll cling to a sewing machine owned by their grandmother, but the shitbox they had in college is meaningless.

Women are fucking boring. It's why they drag on long ass conversations about pointless bullshit with other women, because they have nothing better to do. Don't lie, your mother did this when she stopped off somewhere and ran into any person willing to hear her babble. Going around with my aunt as she does gardening/construction work is maddening, she spends hours checking up on "work" that could have been done in 10 minutes had she not run her mouth, roughly 12 hours of "work" a day that could have been done in a couple hours, it's ridiculous. She's so unbearably verbose about everything, instead of saying "the flowers on the driveway need to be watered and the lawn needs to be watered extra in the middle", she lumbers her fat body around for several minutes slowly wasting words explaining in the most verbose way possible why a flower needs to be watered. It disgusts me how little interest women have in interesting stuff. They don't DO anything, besides shopping and babbling. They don't even have the capacity to care about cars, because you can converse about clothes with a car or try on dresses with it. I can't feel good about handing over my own passion to something with so little interest in things I love. I hope someday I meet a girl who genuinely likes cars and also isn't a lesbian, but I know it isn't likely. I don't hate women, but they're just so, well, disappointing.

This, so much true. Women also love to create drama in the work place for insignificant issues, specially between women.