Tuned Miata/MX-5 ND

I drove a MX-5 tuned from the german tuner Wimmer-Rennsport yesterday. Holyshit guys that was pure driving heroin. Best car I ever driven and I drove a lot of different and more powerful cars.
>205hp
>0-60 in 5.7sec
>still n/a and great sound
They want 3700€ for the tune which includes a CAI, Headers, racing cars, bigger valves and an ecu tune. I think BBR offers the same package in the U.K.

>racing 200 cells cats
Not cars

Racing cams actually.
But it's actually more like mild fast road cams.

Im talking about these badboys. Seems like I suck at English.

I don't think they're actually replacing the cat because that would make the car basically illegal in most euro countries. 200 cell cats are not (E) approved.

It's no problem even here in Germany with our strict emission laws. Once the 200 cell cat is warmed up it does the same like the original. When I have to pass emission test every 2 years I just drive around for half an hour and then drive to the test. Never failed once

These barely do anything. Just delete it mane.

>delete cat in europe
>get it inspected
>car fails inspection
A straight pipe inside the cat (dummy) won't cut it too, since they do measure the gases.

>Put the cat exhaust back in once a year for the MOT

That's literally it.

Too much work, especially if you don't have the shit to do it.

>being this lazy

Even the fucken base model ND is great ive drive one. Only thing you can knock it for is its power. 200 hp tune fixes that. Goddamn on a 2300 lbs car it must be insanely fun.

You can't drive your rear wheels on ramps and turn a socket wrench for a half hour?

he drives a 1.3, 4 cyl, 4 door, fwd, diesel, fiat cuckbox, of course he does not wrench

This tune just made the car fucking perfect. I will get that for the RF and this will creat the fucking perfect driving machine.

It's not about that. It has to do with Portuguese culture.

Even making an oil change at home is an utopic endeavor for the great majority of the population, even car enthusiasts never turned a wrench ever in their lives!

>0-60 in 5.7sec

cagers are funny

>mazda
>being able to handle a tune

nigger, you have to be very careful with tunes on Porsches

a mazda is not able to handle the heat and wear increase, it will die early

a ton of European exhaust makers are making them with 200 cell cats and they are perfectly fine you dumb nigger

Thats because the Portuguese are drunk most of the time desu...

WHAT

do it nigger, enjoy your repairs

>nigger, you have to be very careful with tunes on Porsches

>found the kid without a Porsche

Literally what the fuck are you trying to say? OP's tune on question is making the car breathe better and optimizing the ECU for that. Not running 900 trillion lbs of boost or going super lean.

Really hope more people give the ND a chance, because when I first saw them I was thinking the same thing alot of people though, just another miata. But damn when you drive one it will put a big fucken smile on your face.

I just like how they look aggressively cute
Like an angry cat

Plus the RF hardtop makes me a bit erect

You're the nigger who thinks a modern car making 150 hp cant do 30% more without falling apart. Especially a car as commercial as a Miata. There's 25 year old Miata's making double factory power for longer than a porsche making stock power before it falls apart.

It's even an NA tune, it'll run for hundreds out thousands with proper care.

Can confirm I'm drunk right now.

Is this high level trolling or just a every day Veeky Forums shitposter who knows nothing about cars?

you sound like a distant uncle who despite not knowing anything about cars, tries to warn kids about the dangers of modifying vehicles by pulling random nuggets of information out of his ass.

L M A O
M
A
O

People were offput by the ND at first but miata guys have really taken a liking to it. God bless mazda for not messing with the perfect formula of light, rwd, manual cars for enthusiasts

It's really weird to me that Mazda left 50+hp on the table like that. I know that OEMs are very conservative with their engine builds and tunes, but it's a bit ridiculous that you can get a ND to 200+ with legal revisions to airflow, a cam that lets you bump the redline to 7500, and a tune.

They did it so it wouldn't compete with the rx7, one the rx7 was kill they kept with the formula.

i'd love to own one of these but all the guys around here driving miatas are middle-aged accountants with their short-sleeved shirts tucked into their jeans, hiding their bald spots with baseball caps. i don't wanna be associated with those folks.

emissions, gas mileage are both factors

but I think the transmission might be a factor too

originally the ND was only suppose to have a 1.5L, but they shoehorned the 2.0L in when they realized it's still slow for the american market

this is why a lot of ND transmissions have failed when the ND first released, and all their 2.0L cup cars have reinforced 2nd and 3rd gears

I wouldn't purchase an ND right now, at least until the transmission changes in the cup car have filtered down to the production versions. If I wanted a miata I'd get the NC and 2.5L swap it.

its not weird

a shitty mazada will die in a few thousand miles with those mods

Quit your low self-confidence and join the fun side.

You literally described every car guy that has enough money to buy a new car.

So you spend all that money and work just to make it way slower than my new 10 speed mustang GT? Lmfao weebs when will they learn?

Then tell me why my 92 NA with these mods plus ITB's and racing camshaft is running fince since 25 years and over 118.000km? You are the kind of fucking underage busdriver I hate most her on Veeky Forums

Nice blog, sure is great evidence

>automatic
>not buying an 03 cobra and swapping in a whipple

LOL

A miata with 288hp has the same power to weight as your autotragic burger barge. You can make that power on stock rods with boost lmao

Don't respond to shitters. He obviously doesn't have one.

Exhaust on modern cars is a joke. Theres power to be had even with headers.

Good luck getting any better exhaust flow on modern "manifold-cast-into-the-head" engines.

What does that besides the 2.3 ecoboost?

>mazda so dumb xD
>they left all this room for free HP/Torque increases with simple cheap mods
>they didnt even know the ECU can be tuned this way xD
>xD thanks mazda xDDDDDDD

Lots of new turbo engines pull that shit. Ford, VW, Suzuki...

I think that they already did make the transmission changes. Anything produced 9/16 through 3/17 has a transmission with new 1st, 2nd, 3rd, reverse, and cluster gears. Then there's an even newer version from April 2017 onwards that has a new second gear and countershaft.

My ND was built 11/16 and all I can say about the transmission so far is that I have to be more gentle with 1st-2nd, but I'm used to that from my old AP1 S2000, which gave me a very loud fuck you if I tried to go hard on that shift.
Yeah I know. Headers + tune gets you to 190hp with the ND 2.0L.

good thing about these engines is that it makes engine swaps a bit easier

this is why LFX swaps are starting to catch on in the miata/86 community. Pretty soon LFX swapping will become the meme engine swap for small light sports cars

>Holyshit guys that was pure driving heroin
>heroin

so in other words, it was slow, hazy, and wanted to make you fall asleep?

>normies comparing things to drugs they've never tried or will never try

The way the rear wheels put the power down was as if I was trippin on LSD

>LFX swaps
now thats one hell of a meme

The way it stuck to the road in the corners was as exhillarating yet confidence inspiring as my first time snorting marijuana lines

yea bro I hear you when I drove one it was like the time I put crack in my ass

There's nothing like driving an EK9 with a few simple mods, it feels like getting drunk on nicotine

>Mazda
>Handling

Lmao sage

I think he compared it to heroin because of the addiction and not for the feel the drug itself gives you. And yes you are a faggot.

i bet you didn't get the joke

Spotted the assblasted americuck

Keep sucking off those niggers

of course he cant, bitchboi never turned a wrench in his life

nice bus, sure is great fare per mile