I know things that Socrates didn't. Am I smarter than Socrates?

I know things that Socrates didn't. Am I smarter than Socrates?

Do you think women got less teeth than Men?
Then you may be smarter than arterioles.

No.

Why?

If not you may*

He's just butt hurt heavier things don't fall faster than light things.

You're smarter, but not necessarily wiser

Because knowledge and intelligence are not the same.

Wrong. "Smart" measures intelligence, which is not affected by education.

How do you even measure intelligence?

I don't understand the wisdom argument because most wisdom is non applicable in normal life. So why does that matter?

I don't think a person's level of intelligence is inherent. To me it seems more a matter of exposure influencing your nervous system to become a certain way which causes you to behave and then think the way you do. Idk.

>Am I smarter than Socrates?
Yes

Socrates knew nothing

It doesn't matter. Just cause your smarter doesnt mean you cant learn to look at things in a new way by learning from other people.

STEMfags beg to differ

>thread about Socrates becomes a thread about philosophy
He really makes us think

knowledge =/= intelligence

quality post

>Am I smarter than
No
>Socrates?

>Discretion, patience, virtue, measured reason, ethics, politics, etc not applicable.

Socrates probably knew things you didn't.

I mean, what do you know about running a household in Classical Athens?

Do know what qualities to look for in a slave?

Can you press olives or saddle an Ox, or throw a pot or break a wild horse, or fight in a phalanx or rig a sail?

What's more, you've mistaken information access for processing power, so to speak.

Socrates is an IBM bombshell sitting in a cooled room in an underground bunker - You're a Library "public use" box running windows 95 that hasn't been defragged in a decade, but you think you're better because you got the internet?

I don't want to have to spell it out for you - what's wrong with your question.

This was really entertaining, thank you

>phalanx
I think you mean phlalanx

I think humans put things on pedestals that were unique but did not really achieve any real results.

Socrates was great, but he really didn't prevent the Greeks from being conquered by the Romans. At least the Romans realized Greek culture was cool and tried to copy it, but overall Socrates did really do anything political for Greece. He didn't figure out physics like Newton. He didn't figure out warfare like Napoleon. He didn't invent the atom bomb like the Jews on the Manhattan project.

He just figured out he knew nothing.

And to be fair, he was right.

Good post.