Just bought this. How fucked am I?

1996 Honda Accord wagon - 5-speed manual

Grandpa car with 109k on the clock - the thing is stupid clean. No maintenance receipts but it was obviously very well taken care of and garaged.

I don't have any reason to believe the t-belt was ever changed so that's the first order of business. Anything else I should look out for?
Are these things pretty alright?

I'm autistic about maintenance so I hope it lasts me a while, I'm not a fan of FWD or Hondas really, but needed a practical commuter shitbox and this seemed like a good buy at $2300. It's been in my driveway for about 20 minutes but it's already really growing on me, it's kinda cute and decently quiet and comfy, A/C works and everything inside is in perfect shape.

Hope the STFU and 3k Civic meme was a good one to fall for

sounds comfy as fuck

it actually feels really tight and "modern", first impulse car buy I've ever felt good about

I've been wanting a manual accord wagon for a while. Hard to find around here. sounds cool and comfy desu

it is fuckin comfy dudes

A little concerned for winter in Colorado but I'm sure it'll be fine with some snow tires

It'll be nice to have a truly dependable lil' car

Jokes on you bud, the 5 speed accord wagon is fucking God tier. You got a great car.

I'd only worry about rust. Little fwd box should be fine in snow as long as you can control your inputs. Good car camping wagon desu

I DD a 95 with 200k. Shit will last forever i beat the fuck out of it everyday

Are these cars fast

As someone who drives a fwd shitbox in winter climates, you'll be safe with winter tires. Just get any name brand and you'll do just fine

I'm realiziung my last 3 cars have been 5-speed Japanese wagons

I'm really enjoying it though it's a great city shitbox, I like how the steering tightens up at high speed, pretty nice on curvy interstate

:~)

it's completely rust free, I plan on applying undercoating before winter though

a little small for legit car camping, great to fuck your prom date or whatever though
hell yeah

mine is the 2.2 and it moves itself pretty well, it's a nice motor, actually does feel quick coming from a 90hp Subaru

not "fast" though by any means

I'll throw altimax arctics on 'er

It's a good car. Change the oil regularly and it will last for 200k to 400k miles. If you want it to stay in good condition, change the coolant to waterless coolant and if you live in an area where they salt the roads get krown rust control.

I'm getting a near-pristine condition 93 accord myself from my old mexican boss for 1k, feels good man.

Sounds like a wise choice. It won't be the most fun car but regular maintenance should keep it going for 10 more years if you want it to.

That's one of the all-time GOAT shitboxes, you did good OP. They tend to rust out in my part of the country but if you keep that at bay they'll go forever. Get that t-belt done ASAP and you should be golden.

holy fuck is that you're car? that shit is clean as fuck man, i'm actually jelly. you should go post your car in honda general, they'd love your car.

Now swap a H22 in it

Yeah dude that's pristine. Drive that car until the wheels fall off, it'll last another 10 years easily if you do the timing belt and change the oil every 5,000 miles.

good taste in music man

my 2014 civic got totaled from hail damage. they tow it away in two days and I will miss it.

My dad persuaded me to get an old beater for now instead of hopping into another car loan for a car off a lot. We got a 93 Accord with 137k miles on it and very minor cosmetic damage.

I'm pleased overall with it but I want to get the sunroof and rear driver side window fixed. I have no idea whats wrong with the sunroof. Think some street mechanic will be able to fix that for less than a few hundred? I hope so cause I wouldn't mind trying that out. Never had one before.

pic related mine looks just like it. too dark outside to take a pic of the real thing.

You better have gotten that shit for like 700.

got it for 1100, KBB had it at 1200

It's going to grow on you.

Just a solid, enjoyable, and reliable daily driver where it feels like an extension of your body.

Do the timing belt, rust proofing, and some snow tires and it will be unbeatable. Honda manual transmissions and multi link suspensions are just nice to drive.

I can't remember if you need to get the valves done every so often on these motors or not. I know on the b series you do.

They don't make them like this anymore. Everything now is chinky, pigfat, and full of electrical bullshit.

>90's Honda
>100k+ miles
>manual on a car like that
Fucked up m8

you have no idea what you're talking about

90s Hondas are indestructible.

you are the one fucking up right now

you have done fucked up

y the waterless coolant?

I like Carwell CP-90 but same shit

yee yee, nothin like a 90's jap cloth interior

ty dude

yeah I've put 150 miles on it today just going out for a rip every few hours, I'm really getting to like it, it feels very solid and has surprisingly tight fit & finish for a US built car, no rattles or squeaks

Do not park this car in shit neighborhoods
Especially if there are a lot of spics in the area
They can't resist stealing 90s Hondas

>FWD
>investing in an engine swap

I'll just beat the piss out of the F22 'til it dies

yeah do this desu. when it eventually dies, swap an OBD-2 H22 into it. it's literally a bolt in swap, you already have the transmission.

forgot to mention, if you want to be H E K T I C you could turbo kit it and make like 600 hp if you wanted.

Always wanted one of these. You lucky bastards.

>FWD

nah, the only money I'm putting into this car is for maintenance and general care

maybe some alloys but I'll probably just lose the hubcaps and paint the steelies silver

If by some miracle it blows up and I don't have enough for a different shitbox I'll keep it in mind thanks buddy

tfw live in/near shit neighborhoods full of spics