So fieros are pretty cheap nowadays, what are the thoughts on them as project cars?

So fieros are pretty cheap nowadays, what are the thoughts on them as project cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/pontiac-fiero-gt-obo/6234755556.html
v8archie.us/choptops-tribute.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They are actually not cheap at all and an engine swap is mandatory to have fun in one. Why bother?

I have a co-worker that has like 4 Fieros that he restored because he thinks they'll be worth something someday lol.

Find one that's already been swapped then, they're just about more common than stock ones.

They're only not cheap if you go for an 88, which is basically the only good model to get for the improved suspension. Otherwise, I'm seeing them for $5k and under, even for under 100k miles.

Engine swap mostly mandatory on the I4, the V6 is alright. Not fancy but not as underpowered.

Still would rather recommend a C4 and learn to maintain that instead of taking on a whole project, but that's just me.

Goddamn I love Pontiac, posting Pontiacs

They're great cars. Any problem you have with the Fiero has an aftermarket fix. Even the dashboard/door panels.

This is true. Even have hatch kits and all kinds of crazy shit. Location? I've got a bunch of Fiero shit I'm probably going to toss out soon, don't need 5 center consoles personally, for example.

Fucking gross

Wow what a hacked together heap of garbage, I hope it's fast at least.

I've been eyeing this one on craigslist.

losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/pontiac-fiero-gt-obo/6234755556.html

Just sold my foxbody and was thinking about getting a miata. But they want $4k for a piece of shit 4 cyl car. NTY. I can buy a fox for $2k.

I really like the way the fiero looks. I'm sure bitches would love it too. Either that or maybe get a turd gen. However, I still have a 2 project cars I haven't finished, so I really shouldn't be buying another.

did you like your foxbody?

Foxbody was super fun. V8 5 speed. Bought it for $2600 and sold it for a grand profit a year later after doing some simple fixes too it. Trying to buy a house and too many projects. Also couldn't keep it on the driveway and didn't want to park it in the street.

It was super reliable too. Only downside was the chassis is pretty loose, but that is fixed with subframe connectors. I'm not a crazy touge guy so it didn't bother me that much, but I noticed when I would lift it up with a jack.

I'd buy another if the opportunity came. Just trying out different cars to see what I like best.

Gonna chime in just with my experience. Super fun, the mod bug can bite you hard though. Frame connectors, torque box reinforcements, exhaust, short shifter, rear end gears, then STOP if you value your wallet. Parts are so cheap it's way too tempting to just upgrade and upgrade.

A friend of mine picked up a 1988 fierro two weeks ago. It has already coded and two pistons are misfiring. Now it just looks nice underneath the cover in the parking lot.

Wrong, the chopped top is mandatory for it to not look like absolute trash.
v8archie.us/choptops-tribute.html

Chop tops are gay and you should feel bad for your shit taste

My bad taste? Enjoy your 80's styling brah.

Nice opinion faggot, did you get it from your boyfriend like your venereal diseases?

An ls3 swap... huh

Implying I don't like 80's styling/ the best styling.

Jamming on some retro wave or the soundtrack for Drive.

I like Fiero's OP, dumping Fiero race cars

Sorry for shit qual but a Fiero rally car is cool

This thread is eye opening for me. I never realized people truly liked fieros. This must be how people view my love of 90s nissans.

Mid engine, rear wheel drive. 80's styling. What is there not to like?

One that isn't a piece of shit isn't cheap.
They require too much work to be a decent car to be worth it. Seriously, you have to find a nice rust free one, then you have to swap it and revamp the suspension for it to even be worth driving.

Or start with an 88

Around here, they go for 3k+ for good runners

And then any number of engine swaps later and you've got a great little car.

I love Fieros.
I bought a cheap one when i was 18, and got bit hard though.

Better off getting an mr2 with a fiero body kit

>dude let's just ruin the visibility and the headroom for looks lmao
People like you are why the new Camaro has APC windows

Might as well post my GTP then since this is here

IDK. Just seems like a cheap knock off of an expensive car. Like you'll ever be taken seriously in one. Do they even have decent brakes or handle well at all? Do they have limited slip? We already know the interiors are total 80s GM shit.

Choptops were a mistake

This guy is going for widebody and put some rocket bunny stuff on his fiero

I like it.

Right, I think it looks pretty sick

The rear fender wells are very shallow, so if you're thinking having sporty wheel fitment think again.

I love fieros so much I have one as my fursona.

>i have one as my fursona

A Fiero is a lot like a fox body that never came with a good engine except for the whole MR thing. MR cars are insane and if you fall in love with the weight balance of either an MR2 or a Fiero then you have a pretty huge gulf to cross between them and a good MR car.